• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Apex ruleset is ok with me as well, and I would love it if this tourney used it. But I still want to see us try the Japanese rules at an upcoming tourney.

If this uses Unity tho, can we try one of the other 2 lists for GTS?

Also, I might add that we used a more conservative list for last Phoenix Saga and the tourney was a LOT more hype as a result (imo).

Alsoalso. Hot_ArmS, I accept. $2 :random: vs :snake:
Grand Traverse Smash will be using Unity minus Brin/RC. Just announced it :)

But something as different as the Japanese Ruleset should be advertised from the beginning so I won't be using that until a later tournament. Possibly my next event. This event may undergo some changes but it's looking more than likely I'll keep it as it...if for any reason..I'm still in the URC. I need to advertise the "Pure" variant of this ruleset since this will be my first event post MK ban. GTS though is not officially mine so we can play with stuff.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Derek, Wuvs wants to stream for this. He can get us a Jaxel like stream (player cam, commentator cam) minus the 720p. I'm going to design him a sick layout for it, but I'll make a Phoenix Saga theme one.

Also send me the details on the banner for this.

ZTD | TECHnology

Derek, Wuvs wants to stream for this. He can get us a Jaxel like stream (player cam, commentator cam) minus the 720p. I'm going to design him a sick layout for it, but I'll make a Phoenix Saga theme one.

Also send me the details on the banner for this.
That sounds all lovely but...is anyone going actually pay attention to the stream and commentate? And we need people who know what the hell they're doing. Last stream uber failed for those reasons and as much as I'd love to take the reigns...I can't. I do too much already lol.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Roller & Gio commentary imo.

I'll try my best to not hook up my wii on the livestream setup if i make this >_>

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'd be down to commentate or just comment on stuff. I'd vote for WTP/roller to be a commentator

ZTD | TECHnology

Or HarmS for co-commentator, since he's not going to enter anyway

:troll:

Basically I want this:

1. A team of people who can offer both "Dry" and "Color" commentary. So I need people who are informed and people who are funny as hell.

2. People who will pay attention to the stream.

That's really it.

If you're interested (anyone) inquire. I will have a roster of what I feel is a good team for this. I don't wanna see random people on the stream or people who are gonna bull****. A bad stream is worse than no stream imo.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
That's why I want roller and gio, because roller seems like the person who would do informative and funny commentarry. Gio goes in the funny category too.

The only problem is, both of them would probably be late in the braket, so I don't think they would be able to commentate as much

I'm probaby the worst option for commentary because most of what I would say will most likely be wrong, and I stutter way too much.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
what you need are two people who can do a good job together. Like Me and Wuvs could do it since we can be lax around each other, and make jokes and be serious. But there are probably more suited individuals.

ZTD | TECHnology

That's why I want roller and gio, because roller seems like the person who would do informative and funny commentarry. Gio goes in the funny category too.

The only problem is, both of them would probably be late in the braket, so I don't think they would be able to commentate as much

I'm probaby the worst option for commentary because most of what I would say will most likely be wrong, and I stutter way too much.

I ignored all of this because everyone I know who has taken the word of a minor has a criminal record with Statutory **** in it.

I'm just sayin' man. You can't trust minors.

:yeahboi:

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
And every minor I know who has taken the word of TC has a record for underage drinking.

Idk what you're talking about, you can't be trusted either

:yeahboi:

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I use some different programs to do my streaming.

XSplit (thought, I'm pretty sure they'll start charging soon) to output the stream, manage the layouts, transition between layouts, and record. I believe that's the only similar program. It's incredibly awesome. I need to buy it before the deal ends :x
Virtual Audio Cable v4.1 so we can record audio along with in-game audio.
Photoshop for all the fancy graphics.

Seems to work just fine for me and have a (near) mirror result as Apex had and isn't too hard to get use too once you worked with it once.
Also, once Ori makes the layout graphics, I'll do some stream testing so you guys can tell me how the layout look/fits. I'll also have to get an external webcam (which I believe Ori is hooking me up with) so we can have a decent player cam (and just use my built-in webcam for commentator cam.) I should have 3 different layouts to transition from; Full game screen (no player cam up top because I don't have 2 external webcams), a Player and Commentator cam view, and a Game/Commentator/Player view (granted Ori stops slacking :3)

Let's hope this works out well!

TOPIX

Smash Apprentice
Put me on the attendance list. I'll legit be here for sure going to this with Xatic, unless he gets butt ***** by school or something. Adrian, wanna team or no?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Lain owes me $50 for the Apex hotel room and hasn't replied to my texts/calls this week.

Please give me the next $50 of his winnings at any your tourneys, Derek. This is a serious request.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Lain owes me $50 for the Apex hotel room and hasn't replied to my texts/calls this week.

Please give me the next $50 of his winnings at any your tourneys, Derek. This is a serious request.
That might be a problem because he's not winning that much :yeahboi:

Top Bottom