• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well he only has two options if we're talking recovery, and I don't know why he'd ever side B onstage unless he were combining it with approaching banana pressure.

MJG

Smash Hero
I think it's really easy.

Like there are spots where you can stand, where that's his only feasible option, and since diddy players all suck they'll always pick the flowchart option.
lol if you are in the position to avoid part of the monkey flip, a smart diddy player will use his jump and escape the situation. Any move in this game can "baited". I wouldn't call it easy though.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Must be nice. My character has really ****ty grab range and a "decent" pivot grab range, and no extra chance to snatch a grab with a second character. I'm better off zoning him out or throwing out an active hitbox if I'm too close. :(

MJG

Smash Hero
I pivotgrab Diddy's side-b on reaction...

It's really ****ing easy.
I don't think ICs can actually grab a diddy out of his side b if he using it above the ground. I don't think so anyways. I play this MU with Delux pretty frequently, so he would be able to confirm. I don't think side b is that good in this MU anyways. I am not surprised that you are grabbing this though since...

It only works for Roller because he's always already running away.
Pretty much what I wanted to say lmao.

Pivot grab ftw

Midwest y

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Oh god, Hylian and Roller have argued over Monkey Flip so much in the IC forum

It's a spacing thing. A good diddy can space the move where it goes over Pivot grab range and stays out of Uair range. However, if the Diddy commits with the move, it can be pivot grabbed at the beginning and end of the arc usually.

However that puts it in Nair range, but as far as trades go, if it's rising Nair it's a bad zoning trade for ICs. Kick is fast enough to sometimes stuff Nair attempt during startup as well.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Alright so I need a quick roll call. If you are going to this event let me know. If you are traveling let me know who is in your carpool as well. Thanks!

This thread is going to be a lot more active now that October has rolled around!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Tentative depending on family stuff

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Alright, so I'm a little concerned about the timing for this. The only bus from Toronto to Ann Arbor I can get leaves Toronto at 1am and supposedly gets into Ann Arbor at 9am Satruday morning, aka right when venue opens. I've never been to Ann Arbor and haven't a clue where I'm going - would anyone be able to meet me and help me out?

Also, because it's Greyhound, I'm apprehensive to trust the times stated on my ticket purchase. Pre-reg would work well in my favour in the worst case scenario i'm delayed by up to 3 hours. But since it's an overnight bus I don't foresee that being too much of an issue, but it's Greyhound, you never know.

LOL ANYONE WANNA TEAM?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
pidge I'm sure someone in AA can help you out. Most people won't show up to the venue till 10:30/11 hell even noon. I know people can help you.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
pidge I'm sure someone in AA can help you out. Most people won't show up to the venue till 10:30/11 hell even noon. I know people can help you.
FYI, regardless of attendance we will be strict on times again so people are going to have to show up at the suggested times.....or get DQed. Chi and I will work out the scheduling again.

clowsui

Smash Legend
PHOENIX SAGA 5 SCHEDULE

10:00AM - 12:00PM Registration

Notes: Probably a good time to buy lube.

12:00PM - 11:00PM Tournament

Notes: If you're even one minute late for your match prepare to be anally ****ed by VerticalHorizon for delaying the tournament. Since Derek can't be available 24/7, applications for substitute butt****ers can be sent to Technical_Chase. Only big ****s may apply.

My work here is done.

:denzel:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
PHOENIX SAGA 5 SCHEDULE

10:00AM - 12:00PM Registration

Notes: Probably a good time to buy lube.

12:00PM - 11:00PM Tournament

Notes: If you're even one minute late for your match prepare to be anally ****ed by VerticalHorizon for delaying the tournament. Since Derek can't be available 24/7, applications for substitute butt****ers can be sent to Technical_Chase. Only big ****s may apply.

My work here is done.

:denzel:
seems like a reasonable schedule.

LOE1

Smash Lord
ive had a bad record at previous phoenix saga's

ima change that this time

Top Bottom