• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road Runner Presents $7500 Super Smash Bros Brawl Online Ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
What do you expect them to hack with? Aside from stage hacks (which you will just cancel anyway, lol) all hacks are only visible from the hackers side. For example, if they make it so they always win, it would only be seen from the hackers TV, and the actual winner would see the match end as normal.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
What do you expect them to hack with? Aside from stage hacks (which you will just cancel anyway, lol) all hacks are only visible from the hackers side. For example, if they make it so they always win, it would only be seen from the hackers TV, and the actual winner would see the match end as normal.
I'm sure that there are people that could make codes like "Knockback doesn't diminish" and "3+% damage for every attack". It's these little things that go unnoticed and could get some n00b extremely close to a large amount of money.

*waits for Brawl on Pro Circuit*

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that there are people that could make codes like "Knockback doesn't diminish" and "3+% damage for every attack". It's these little things that go unnoticed and could get some n00b extremely close to a large amount of money.

Those codes wouldn't work online...

King~

Smash Champion
then its already started for you, you have until the winter to make the playoffs i believe and from there it will be a tournament

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I don't get it. A 7500 dollar tournament in a lagged up shallow game like this? What does MLG see in it? There's going to be tons of liars in this...

Foxy

Smash Master

As far as I know with working with Brawl hacking both players need the code running or else the online play desyncs.

However, even if it did work, most of the known codes that do anything to attack/defense values work on controller port, which is pretty much impossible to determine when playing online.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol when I saw the name "Road Runner High Speed Online" I thought we'll be able to have a tourney with no lag. :laugh:

Oh man...Nintendo should really stop being stupid and fix the ****ed problem.
Although Nintendo released this Wii attachment in Japan, they need to release it worldwide, along with invest no less then 100 million into their Wii online services-and that's just to catch their online services to the year 2002! :laugh: The funny thing is outside of MOH2 and MK Wii that the DS' online is better then the Wii's! :laugh: Maybe Nintendo should stop playing with their Wiis... :chuckle:

It could mean that, or that they are planning to and getting hype for MLG Brawl.

You really can't speculate.
You are kinda right, although not having Brawl on the circuit would be unwise with this huge Brawl competitive scene that keeps growing. Not to mention how now virtually every site with anything to do with smash bros. hosts smash bros. (Brawl) tournaments-offline and off.

I don't get it. A 7500 dollar tournament in a lagged up shallow game like this? What does MLG see in it? There's going to be tons of liars in this...
"You lie, you die."

This seems like its going to be interesting. One of the biggest brawl pots to date is going to be done online.

I have a feeling this will turn into an offline vs online discussion but heres hoping it doesn't.
*turns it into an offline vs. online flame war and pulls out flame shield*

ScRaMbLe

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>GameBattles Production
Hello Everyone,

First off let me introduce myself. My name is Josh and I am A Site Administrator from GameBattles.com also owned by Major League Gaming. I am one of many that manage the daily activities of the website.

I will be largely involved in Super Smash Bros Brawl on GameBattles and am open for any questions about the GameBattles.com website.

First let me clarify something though. The prize information is for the Fall '08 Season of the Singles and Doubles ladder. At the end of the season the top X amount of teams get seeded into a bracket. They then play for the cash prizes in the end of season tournament also known as "Playoffs" on GameBattles.

If anyone has any questions, I am open.

Thanks,
Josh - ScRaMbLe

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I'm getting LOLOWNED by everybody I face. Does anyone have any tips? And don't say don't get hit or don't suck or anything else like that. Give productive, helpful.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited that they're going to have a high cash reward for an online tournament
I'm glad people that aren't able to travel to the in person tournaments have a chance to compete

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I thought the singles ladder was done, though...

Wouldn't it just be doubles?

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
This is a GREAT prize for an online tourney. Too bad there's going to be soo many people entering because of the cash prize.

Syrome

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Developer</i></b><
We've got some great competition happening about halfway through the season. It will definitely heat up as we enter the holiday season, and remember the deadline to get top ranked is December 31st, 2008. The top ranked spots may look like a daunting challenge, but with the speed of Brawl matches and the number of players participating at any time on GameBattles, it's easier than you think.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Well me and Ally won the doubles ladder and did NOT get paid.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
*sigh* I should of have known this was too good to be true.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
seriously... i would like Email them *****ez... Thats gay as hell... like that really annoys me lolz...
(isnt it like illegal?)
Maybe, i sent in a ticket about 24 days ago and i got NO reply.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Judging from how the winners were treated, no, no you don't want to.

Not that you could anyway bro. Ended a whiiiiile ago.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
And thats what i didnt enter this lol. I remember seeing in a post they said Dabuz walked away with 1000 bucks in his pocket. Guess not lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom