• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rizk'in 2! NEW MI monthly hosted by Rizk7

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Tech you wont be hosting! Just think of it like that. More tournies=better chance of being ranked. Also, will this be apart of the rankings? It meets the requirements.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
It only meets the requirements if enough PRed players show up. If so then yes, I will add it. We'll just have to see how the turnout is. And honestly, I no longer care about being ranked. I'd rather just get good. And I know I wont be hosting this but I could still use a break.

What's The Point

Smash Master
If PR'd people don't show up, it still counts for rankings. Just the weight of the placements might be low compared to other tournaments. Regardless it will count, but beating only unranked people for 1st might not mean much in terms of being PR'd.

ZTD | TECHnology

Oh, I thought there was some sort of PR player requirement. Eh, I don't care either way. Hope this event works out.

*dips*

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Yes, yes I do.

props to rizk for never being able to attend tourneys so he made his own, good initiative. it's looking like a good turnout. Did you advertise with the locals that frequent the place? It's not to late to put some flyers at the venue.
Alright, cool. I'm more than likely going to be here.

edit: rizk, even if you don't have to go to the wedding, please try to run the tourney as fast as possible... I like it better when they end early.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I still abhor this venue. I probably won't. I'm not really in a tournament mood right now anyway. I haven't missed a tournament since November of last year...I kind of need a break.
I can agree to that, I wish i could take a break, but there is a **** ton of drama within my circle of friends that taking an entire day away from my friends feels amazing lol.

Can't wait rizk this event is still gonna behella fun!

:phone:

LOL. Are you going to this? If so, SD fest in Grand Finals?
haha, i'm trying to catch a ride. hell yes! i wish you were at HOPE 3 to see all of my glorious SDs... i think they were some of the finest i've ever performed

WTP perhaps you could help me with the ride situation? we could also do some of dem teamZ

What's The Point

Smash Master
WTP perhaps you could help me with the ride situation? we could also do some of dem teamZ
Lain isn't going? I know he wants money so I was actually going to just offer him the free 1st by teaming with me

Though if he doesn't go, I can pick you up, and we can take the easy 1st.

ZTD | TECHnology

Part of me wants to go but I'm wrestling with:

My extreme hatred for this venue.

The fact that all the good doubles partners are taken.

The fact that I should not call off work.

Eh whats a man to do.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
^ what you did there I see it.

Also, Marco and I can bring 2 full setups and 2 recording stations. I would just need a computer to borrow though :urg:

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Yeah thank god it turned out for the better :D
I even think Sparta and Lain are coming so thats mad hype also!
Ori, I will be able to bring my laptop(actually my mom's laptop:/), hopefully she won't have a fit about me taking it.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
what's w/ people having capture cards but no laptops? Well, I guess I'm technically in the same boat... but only cause my laptop barely works anymore...

Also, I'm not conviced EasyCap sucks.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Well, considering that I'm 15 with strict parents who won't let me have my own Laptop, I can't take my Mom's laptop.

And if I manage to get an S-video cable, that would probably convince me that it doesn't suck..... so..... ignore what I said >_>

:phone:

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I don't think I can bring my mom's laptop because she might need it. Does anyone have one they can bring please? If you can bring it out of kindness then it would help tons, if not then I'll pay the person $5 to bring it. If not then I'll have to fight my mom for it.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
easycap works fine. Any capture card will do what you need it to do. If youre not doing an hd stream or something it isnt going to make a huge difference. All usb capture cards suck equally compared to pci ^.^ But really it doesnt matter that much, ive used an $8 capture card from amazon that worked perfectly fine.

Nothing beats my pinnacle though. No laptop required :)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Marco, the convenience comes at a price... there's literally only three options for capturing with the PVT, Good Better Best, lol

What's The Point

Smash Master
Marco, I'm going to bring two broken controllers. I'm hoping you can fix them. One just needs a new joystick and one has a barely working C-Stick.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I don't think so, I wrote all that when I didn't know I had a wedding this day. So doubles will probably start right after everyone registers. I may make a time limit as to when you can stop registering for doubles because I have to get the show on the road asap. Probably maximum an hour until doubles registration is over, maybe even less we'll see.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, a lot of tourneys have started being too lax with start times. I think someone with a strict one would actually get people going better.

What's The Point

Smash Master
You said registration starts at 12.

When does registration end? When does doubles actually start? What's the latest some one can show up (Because people will show up late)?

Is singles just going to start after doubles ends? When would a person who only wants to do singles need to show up? After unspecified doubles? I assume the time given for singles is also outdated.

Don't be lax and unspecific about the schedule before the tournament even starts. If you are just going to randomly wing it pools won't even be done by 7.

Top Bottom