• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rizk'in 2! NEW MI monthly hosted by Rizk7

Rizk18

Smash Lord

Hosts as far as I know:

Rizk- Contact me on the boards or AIB if you need anything via PM.
Ori- Co-host. Contact him on the boards or AIB.

Gameyard
29552 Ford Road
Garden City, MI 48135-2318

Date and times
Doors open at 12:00 PM
12:00- All registration begins.
1:00 Brawl Doubles registration ends/Doubles begins
3:00 Brawl Singles pools begin
5:00 Brawl Singles bracket begins
7:00 to End Tourney:
People bringing set-ups
Etc

Prices and Payout
Venue Fee - $5*
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $20 ($10 per person)

*Venue fee will be refunded to anyone bringing a full setup who stays for the entire event. A full setup is a TV and a Wii with a copy of Brawl with all characters and legal stages unlocked. Fee will be refunded if someone brings a setup for doubles and leaves before singles starts.
FIRST 3 PEOPLE TO ARRIVE TO THE TOURNAMENT WITH A FULL SETUP WILL GET THEIR VENUE FEE BACK. THE NEXT 3 PEOPLE WILL GET TWO DOLLARS BACK DUE TO WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME. WE DIDN'T RACK UP ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE MANAGER. AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO BRING A SETUP FEEL FREE BUT YOU WON'T GET YOUR VENUE FEE REFUNDED.

Payouts
Singles, > 15 people
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles, < 15 people
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Ruleset for Brawl

We are using the Unity Brawl Ruleset

Food

There are a few places to eat around the venue like Mcdonalds and a few others if you drive a bit. Like always there are snacks served at the venue like drinks and chips.

Other then that I hope a lot of people come out and have a good time :)

The Name
The name Rizk'in 1 means : Risking one, and if the first tournament goes well, then comes Risking 2. Get it? You are risking stuff? xD IDK lol.

Side Events?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I will try to make it if get off work. /generic DarkLouis 1st post in a tournament thread

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I will try to make it if get off work. /generic DarkLouis 1st post in a tournament thread
Waste of a 1st post. Shame on you Louis :bee:

Dunno if I'm going to this. No one who is able to drive me wants to attend this tournament because of ..well..what happened last time. We'll see what happens. But I will say this:

People should still give this event a chance regardless. Someone is taking time out of their own lives to host a tournament for your entertainment. Yes, he is doing it because he has no other way of attending tournaments, however it still benefits others. Running tournaments is essentially charity work, whether you look at it that way or not. Well at least when I do it..o_0

On the flip side Rizk, you have to realize that tournament series may not be successful. Part of it, is your overall negative interaction with the community and part of it is the stigma Gameyard carries. We have had negative experiences with this view several times. Gameyard 1 was fine. 2 and 3 had major issues with space. People do not appreciate being crammed in a corner. That is why I had to move venues twice. So just keep that in mind.

Going back to the other thing I mentioned: Reputation has a large impact on how successful tournaments are. I personally feel like you need to improve your rapport with the community. I respect the fact you want to create more tournaments though. You also need to realize, how much work being a Tournament Organizer is. Especially with decent/larger sized locals. People think its easy but its not. And it took me a LOT of trial of error to get to where to I am now.

I hope this series works out but please keep this things in Rizk. As for the community, please consider what I said as well. Unity is what will make our state return to becoming a national threat. Sometimes, forgiveness and compassion plays a part of this. Rizk does troll a lot on the boards, but he has made progress. I'm hoping we can forget the insignificant bull**** and move forward together.

/rant

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I might be coming, I was planning for BAMF 3 to be this date :x but I might move BAMF 3 back and add 1 more August event not sure yet. Also I have a mid-high chance of going to the Pokémon National Championships in Indianapolis that is on the exact same weekend :o

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Hopefull Tech you can make it out with the people that don't want to go atm. I'll really feel bad inside if nobody shows up :'( It's like having a party and inviting everyone but only 2-3 people show :/ Plzz Tech convince your "boys" to come out. Btw I don't remember Gameyard 3 being all that crammy. Just 2 because it had Melee and Brawl. Ori try to make it to this! $2 MM Fox vs Marth and $3 MM Pika vs IC:) Or you can go MK it don't matter ;p

Hype!!!!!

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if I can justify driving 4 hours to a venue that has already failed before. :( I'll wait the first one out and see how it goes.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
At gameyard 3 the venue owner gave away about 4 spaces where we where going to use for set ups. He disnt tell tech he was going to do tis untill we got to the venue. I felt bad for the ohio people who came because it made us look kind of bad because we literally had no space.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
How much of the venue is open? By 6 spaces, I know he is including those HD televisons...

Is he allowing use of the couches or he is just confining us to that one space again? Anything more than like 15 people is pretty much cramming.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
He said the 2 wii tv's, 2 more to the right, and 2 more to the left. Plus I'll be brining my own setup, we need them if people can bring them. Also does someone bring that white plastic table or is it provided?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If you haven't already, I'd recommend going to your venue and discussing arrangements for how things are going to be laid out, even go and try to arrange it how it will be that day to make sure it'll work. Make sure you've got room for enough TVs with chairs/seats for 4 people at each (doubles needs 4 ppl w/ good seating), and enough plugs to handle all the TVs/Wiis. Once you've got it kinda arranged how you're going to have it, make sure there's enough room to have as many people as you're hoping to get and some room for people to stand around when not playing. Find out what equipment (TVs, wiis, controllers, plugstrips, extension cords, tables, etc) are provided by the venue, and make plans to bring what you will still need. Try different layouts out if possible and work w/ the venue managers. This is basically the process I used when working with a tight-space venue (Digi-Ops), and I think it turned out about as best as it could've.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I didn't know you were that into Pokemon TCG.
Yeah man I've been competing for 2 years now and I love it :D

Hopefull Tech you can make it out with the people that don't want to go atm. I'll really feel bad inside if nobody shows up :'( It's like having a party and inviting everyone but only 2-3 people show :/ Plzz Tech convince your "boys" to come out. Btw I don't remember Gameyard 3 being all that crammy. Just 2 because it had Melee and Brawl. Ori try to make it to this! $2 MM Fox vs Marth and $3 MM Pika vs IC:) Or you can go MK it don't matter ;p

Hype!!!!!
I will try my hardest but Nats is only once a year D:

If you haven't already, I'd recommend going to your venue and discussing arrangements for how things are going to be laid out, even go and try to arrange it how it will be that day to make sure it'll work. Make sure you've got room for enough TVs with chairs/seats for 4 people at each (doubles needs 4 ppl w/ good seating), and enough plugs to handle all the TVs/Wiis. Once you've got it kinda arranged how you're going to have it, make sure there's enough room to have as many people as you're hoping to get and some room for people to stand around when not playing. Find out what equipment (TVs, wiis, controllers, plugstrips, extension cords, tables, etc) are provided by the venue, and make plans to bring what you will still need. Try different layouts out if possible and work w/ the venue managers. This is basically the process I used when working with a tight-space venue (Digi-Ops), and I think it turned out about as best as it could've.
Listen to this man.

dont forget to thank scotu......hes like the obi wan of smash
LOL.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I might be coming, I was planning for BAMF 3 to be this date :x but I might move BAMF 3 back and add 1 more August event not sure yet. Also I have a mid-high chance of going to the Pokémon National Championships in Indianapolis that is on the exact same weekend :o
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think BAMF3 is on the same day as this.
Yeah Dark. I didn't know it was on that date lol. But read Ori's post.

EDIT: BTW GUYS, since this date was going to be BAMF 3, I think everyone was pretty much going to BAMF 3, and since this coincidence happened, I don't see why everyone who was going to BAMF 3 can't come here. Just saying :)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yeah most liekly BAMF 3 will be moved to July 30th and we will have 1 more August event.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'll try to make it to this one bc I can't make it to Tech's event on the 23rd and BAMF3 on the 30th. I'll be out of MI for a week. >: (

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Lol I actually probably would be able to make this surprisingly.... I took the 9th off for Ori's tourney.... but if Ori is moving his, I really wouldn't wanna waste a day off.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Drdn this is our chance to have our money match. Don't skip out. Btw I can drive now so I'll be able to go to tournies now :D But I will need to take my Lexus for the Gps since I suck with directions.

Top Bottom