• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rizk'in 2! NEW MI monthly hosted by Rizk7

Nicole

Smash Champion
could you house more than just me? i'd probably try to bring some mo/ia cats with me if i show up so i dont have to pay for all the gas haha.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Not to be anti-hype, but I'm going to. Do not travel from Missouri for this tournament. You will probably be disappointed. If you want to come to MI there is something much better two weeks after this.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Lol, I can't wait till saturday xD.

Also Ori, I did mention my issue about me having to leave at about 7. Since you will be co-hosting with me, could you take over if the tourney isn't done by then? Also I need a laptop to borrow lol.
:yeahboi:

Edit: Also Ori, do you think you can throw together a quick banner for me for this tourney please? Doesn't have to be that special.
I guess, but I'm sure we could get a majority of the tourney done before 7 lol. I don't have a laptop though :urg:

Not to be anti-hype, but I'm going to. Do not travel from Missouri for this tournament. You will probably be disappointed. If you want to come to MI there is something much better two weeks after this.
^this, come to BAMF 3 its gonna be so hype,
BAMF 1 had M2K, BAMF 2 had Ally, BAMF 3 = ???

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Damn this tourney is actually getting a lot more hyped than I thought :D
ALSO BIG UPDATE!:

I may not have to go to the wedding after all. This is not 100% but more than likely I won't have to go so yay!!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you know, something trivial has been bothering me here. The thread title has Rizk7, but your swf username is Rizk18. What's with the numerical discrepancy?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Short notice, but I can provide housing. Might be a bit inconvenient since it's a four day drive from my place to the venue, but I'm sure you can manage.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
My username is originally Rizk7. I took Rizk18 and put it here because thats what my XBL account was and it was my older brothers name. We used it for everything and I figured I would make my name Rizk18. Notice my Rizk7 Aib(got banned), so I made a Rizk18 account. I hope this clears it up.

Another update:

I'm not sure how much Chris( Owner of Gameyard) will be expecting from us for his moola$. So if the turnout isn't too big I may not be able to refund the whole venue fee to everyone. I hope thats okay :/
Sorry!

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Nicole, i am hosting a tournament at my house tonight. Ur invited!&($_p!%*)^%r*&)^(*%$t&)^(*$@&)r^#t@&*^(&_

Nicole

Smash Champion
^^^I'LL CONSIDER IT

and yes wtp, i am no longer interested in this tournament but will be looking at the one 2 weeks from now!
that anti-hype train. :c

Rizk18

Smash Lord
WTP why would you even post that? Remember the saying Don't have something good to say then don't say it? Applies here. You cost me the only booty >:0

Also, I'd like Mikey to come. Can anyone contact him and let him know asap?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Can't let WTP take all the blame on that. That's a very correct decision. A small expected turnout with a skeptical venue and a new TO is not a recipe for bringing people back, especially when 2 weeks later will be a substantially larger tournament run at a proven venue by some of the best TOs i've ever met. It's not that anyone wants this event to flop or to take people away from it, so much as it's unlikely people would want to come from that far away 2 weeks in a row and the later one is much more likely to be a tourney worth attending from that drive.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Rizk, please do not take it personally. Good **** Stratford was proven to be one of Michigan's best tournaments period. And we are modeling my/Juggleguy's tournament in that fashion. The venue being used for mine was proven to be a great venue that everyone loved. No one likes Gameyard ( I tried explaining to you the backlash using this venue would have on your attendance) and the owner has screwed me over before. I have an entire year of TOing under my belt (it was my 1 year anniversary a few days ago) and this is your first tournament. The expected turnout for mine is also much higher than this event. I understand why you would be upset but think about it like this:

You know you aren't going to have a large turnout for your event. A group of out of state Smashers are interested in coming to MI and want to attend a good tournament. That would be INCREDIBLY selfish if you just wanted them to travel a long way for a small event when there is one down the road that is ran by someone reputable. It shouldn't just be about getting people to come to you tournament. Its about treating out potential guests right and making sure their first trip here is the best one possible. I myself, won't sit here and trash talk your tournament and tell others to go to mine instead. I don't backdoor people. But if I were in WTP's position I would do the exact same thing. And if I were in your position and you were in mine I would "Go the next tournament, it's going to be better" I have experience and a good reputation under my belt and MAD support from the community. Truth is, I don't even need to explain this to you because what I have on my side says everything. But I just hope you understand. I WANT to see your event be successful. No one wants to see you fail (unless they REALLY hate you). I hope you realize that.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
LOE1 can't go to this, but I still have a ride (apparently my Mom doesn't have work)
So.... I'll just be there...... all shy and quiet and such......

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I actually might come to this... I'm going to be down state visiting my sister, so it wouldn't be such a long ride, and it finishing by 7 sounds appealing. Not positive if I'll be here though.

fZk

Smash Lord
fZk, if I do go, do you want to team?
Yes, yes I do.

props to rizk for never being able to attend tourneys so he made his own, good initiative. it's looking like a good turnout. Did you advertise with the locals that frequent the place? It's not to late to put some flyers at the venue.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Looks like the turnout will be a lot better than expected. You know what? Im not going to my wedding anymore! This tourneys looking mad smexy. Tech just call off work!

Still not 100% sure if im not going to the wedding :yeahboi:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I still abhor this venue. I probably won't. I'm not really in a tournament mood right now anyway. I haven't missed a tournament since November of last year...I kind of need a break.

Top Bottom