• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rizk'in 2! NEW MI monthly hosted by Rizk7

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
No I mean that was always my mentality. I didn't start MMing people until I was already considered "good" because it wouldn't have been worth it. I agree it is good to get used to pressure, but you probably won't be learning anything IN the game through them. I just think that kind of stuff should be figured out by your self or in friendlies where you can experiment. If you like MMs though, go for it.

And I would take that MM, but I won't be here.

What's The Point

Smash Master
TheMann better come to this.

Money matching people you don't think you can beat is stupid. A money match should only be used as a replacement to a tournament match if you want to prove you can beat somebody. As a note, "doing well" against some one in a money match means absolutely nothing and is as much a proof of skill as a friendly. If you ever expect to lose in a money match, do not do the money match.

If you want practice, play friendlies. If the guy you are playing isn't being serious, play some one else. If you want to play some one who is better than you seriously, ask them to try a bit while playing friendlies. Making it a money match will not make them play seriously. They will use the minimum amount of effort needed to beat you. If you are using a money match as a way to get the person to play, **** that person, do not give them money to play friendlies.

^^^ words of wisdom

or you can try really hard against people better than you, play really gay and force them to try. that's usually what i strive for

but i never try in friendlies, i'm lazy and focusing is hard

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Tech we can do just :diddy: vs :dedede:
Roller I still want that pika
Sk its easy for you to go into MMs to win your top ranked in the state for us trying to improve its the best way to get used to the pressure
Ill mm you gio with my tink :)
:dedede: gets ***** by :diddy:

I see no reason to accept this lol. I might use a different character though

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
:dedede: gets ***** by :diddy:

I see no reason to accept this lol. I might use a different character though
oh?

I did some thinking this weekend...it seems like I have always went through the largest increase in skill when I just focus on one character...I think I'm just going to focus on all D3 for now. With MK getting banned soon, this would be a great time to as well. Besides Coney did it, many of my Cali D3s are doing it...I need focus more on the King himself.
I agree that we can solo D3 now with MK banned.
Consider yourself called out. ;)

ZTD | TECHnology

Has nothing to do with me MMing people.

Its possible! But that doesn't mean I'm going to subject myself to a series of bad MUs via MMs that I have control over. Tournament, I dont have that luxury lmao.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Has nothing to do with me MMing people.

Its possible! But that doesn't mean I'm going to subject myself to a series of bad MUs via MMs that I have control over. Tournament, I dont have that luxury lmao.

Understandable but what other char do you have in mind because I say no to ICs until I get my revenge on rollers first.

I relly hope its not Tink because a tech chase match normally = 7 minutes+ adding Tink is auto time out

Roller

Smash Legend
Why do you want to MM a char I wouldn't use vs you in tourney? I mean, I'll do it. But it kind of puts you in a lose/neutral situation, and me in a win/neutral situation. Either I win (good for me/bad for you), or you win (who cares, I don't main or use pika in that matchup, nobody will care you won).

In my experience, tipping the scales in one's own favor is usually best for that individual.

Roller

Smash Legend
You can get MU exp from friendlies/seriouslies. Which I'm more than willing to do, just sayin'.

Also, I'm not the biggest fan of fighting Diddys either. lol

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yo with a little over a week left, Wuvs wants to get a list of people he is getting Friday night. He has room for 5. So first come, first serve. So please post that you want a ride and your location. He wants the list by this weekend.

1. Wuvs
2. Ori_bro
3. Tutu
4. Roller

ZTD | TECHnology

Understandable but what other char do you have in mind because I say no to ICs until I get my revenge on rollers first.

I relly hope its not Tink because a tech chase match normally = 7 minutes+ adding Tink is auto time out
:toonlink: was my first Brawl main..lmao. But I'm not referring to him. And lol if I played Toon Link I would singlehandly add an extra 2 hours MINIMUM to tournaments.

:yeahboi:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Gio are you serious? I dont wanna havr you back out last minute :urg: but yeah if AA could meet at Roller's that would be fantastic.

ZTD | TECHnology

Too lazy to post verbatim but

Rizk wants to MM people. There were some :yeahboi:s involved but too lazy to post that.

Btw, has Kevin said anything about going to this?

Rizk wants payback on him and wants to MM him $20 lol

Top Bottom