• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rizk'in 2! NEW MI monthly hosted by Rizk7

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Tutu and I are taking teams.

When all of you lose to :dedede: / :sheilda: team, I will also be there to give you a hug and tell you everything will be okay.

:yeahboi:

I'm somehow legitimately hyped for this.

LOE1

Smash Lord
u better be there this time...
(P.S. we still needz to do out money match...)

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I remember before TCSC1 when I said I'll MM Roller in my 2nd tourney.

This will be my 11th tourney, and I still won't MM him yet...

:phone:

TOPIX

Smash Apprentice
I'll see what I can do about making this. I swear trying to get to that area from where I'm at is a hassle unless you got a car.

ZTD | TECHnology

i'll mm tc wario ditto's
Haha fine I'll accept that MM. NO grab release bull**** though.

Also I will MM Tutu and Gio and if we do not play in tournament. If they accept.

Also DRDN we're MMing. I dunno if I want to do that Dreamland bull**** though.

ZTD | TECHnology

LOE1, I may also want to MM with my new character as well. I won't tell you who it is but Wario doesn't lose to him. Actually Wario beats him. That's all I'm going to say. I'll just set the amount to $1. Do you accept my mystery character MM?

:evil:

ZTD | TECHnology

Seriously, just start MMing some people and look at it as a learning experience rather than a "I must win this" experience.

Also I am recording all of MMs at this btw.

ZTD | TECHnology

That's because you have tunnel vision. You have this whole "I'm going to get *****" mindset.

Instead you need to adopt a "I might lose but I know that with experience, I can overcome this" mindset. I listen to how you speak about yourself here and irl and I know you don't have the latter mindset. Confidence is everything. Being emo is not going to help you improve in this game, I will tell you that now. Start believing your capacity to grow as a player. ACTUALLY believe it and I guarantee you, results will happen.

I want to start this thing called Bootcamp that I've seen some East Coast players do.

Where they play 5 matches in a row on neutrals against ranked/high level players to be recorded. Like all of them. No matter how bad they are. I think we should do that at tournaments. Like have the PRed players participate and have them play someone in a "Boot Camp" set. I think it could help a lot of people. Thoughts?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I haven't been feeling that way actually. Lately I've been going in tourneys thinking "I might do well at this, even though I might lose still"

But then I still get outplaced making the results look like I haven't improved at all. THAT'S what's bothering me right now actually.

About the bootcamp thing: that's a very good idea. We should try that at this

:phone:

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I don't think MMs help very much. I see MMs more as an evaluation similar to a tourney setting. I don't do them to learn, I do them to win. You need to learn outside of those two situations... although you may end up learning in them anyway. My plan with a tourney is never "I wonder how much I'll learn" it's always "What more can I do this time than last time?" The difference I guess is that people take MMs more seriously. But if you didn't practice beforehand, you're just going to get ***** anyway and then you'll be discouraged.

LOE1

Smash Lord
as long as its not dk, snake, ice climbers, or yoshi, i will do it

Top Bottom