• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
to be honest i think today was my first time posting in this thread. wish i could post uder better circumstances but whatever. anyways, anyone got any guesses as to the potential Ridley level design?

EDIT:
Yeah, Sakurai needs to reveal the characters heads in the clouds on Monday and we'll get TWICE all of today's posts.
probably not likely...i believe he feels he's posted enough regarding the story mode and that we'll get our fill come 12/3/07. could be wrong though

the grim lizard

Smash Master
On Monday, Sakurai should just say: "Remember those clouds from Friday? Well, they're important. In fact, there are hidden characters in those clouds. Can you find them all??"

That'd be downright HILARIOUS..:chuckle:

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
good cuz its gonna be epic until Numa can work out his juvenile anger issues and stop pissing ME off
What is your problem? I haven't done anything wrong while you on the other hand are going crazy because of a bunch of clouds.

for one, Stryks has pissed me off before too when a couple months ago, i agreed with something an NSider theorized about brawl that was absolutely ******** looking back. obviously if he was a dooshbag, he would continue giving me **** for it. so why not learn to take a joke and stop being a boner...and yes the name-calling has begun
You are one of the biggest posers I have ever seen on the smashboards. First off I've been ready to let it go for a while but Stryks just loves being a douchebag so I can't let it go until he learns his lesson which will probably be never. Secondly the last part of your post is so immature it doesn't deserve a responce other than this.... YOU FAIL!!!

clouds you probably didnt even look at yourself. you didnt have to speculate, just take a ****ing look. its part of the screenshot idiot
Wow, this comment is so idiotic it makes me question if you're even 5 years old.

then go to bed. or better yet, take the tranquilizer i recommended earlier
You should really take your own advise.

fair enough but your response consisted of calling "everyone" who thinks anything about the clouds an idiot
Only because Stryk's douchebag attitude pissed me off enough to say things I don't mean.

yup...silly me. i started the argument by calling "everyone" idiots. my sincerely apologizes to all smashers i offended
Actually you started the argument because you responded negatively to a post you didn't have to. Is your memory really so bad you can't rememeber a few minutes ago?

gee willickers, fellas...lets make a thread about today's update when there's already 4 THREADS DISCUSS THE DAM THING
Then you could have posted it in the official update thread.

anyways, i done with you. go punch a brick wall or something
No I don't want to.

Del Money

Smash Champion
anyone see the post above me? cuz i didnt...

On Monday, Sakurai should just say: "Remember those clouds from Friday? Well, they're important. In fact, there are hidden characters in those clouds. Can you find them all??"

haha yeah it would. maybe on the back of a cereal box or something. circle the hidden villains kids.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ahem.

Well since i read the thread since i left:

@Shuma
i dont know much about Metroid. i only got Metroid Prime 1 yesterday. but how good are dark samus's chances for brawl do you think?
Hmmm i wouldn't know. If Sakurai intends to have only 2 characters in Brawl from Metroid then it's very much a 0.

But if not, then He/She/It is the only other Character from Metroid with a chance of geting in Brawl.

Look, here's the deal, "it's either Ridler or D. Samus" Both of them have i would say the same chances, the only diference is that Ridley has the boss music and that a cloud resembles him.

D. Samus has nothing, but it could be one of those characters no one expects and suddenly pop up when you beat Adventure mode with Samus. But if it isn't in Brawl then it will appear in SSB4.

But he/she/it would be awesome in Brawl, it deserves a slot in the roter for sure.

And about the Clouds, to the unbelievers... let me ask you a question.

If you say, we see what we whant to see, why is that i don't see Wolf if he's my Number 1 expected Newcomer, and no one sees King Dedede, Sonic or other characer there? Is it a coincidence that we only see Villains in those clouds? Hm?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Holy crap, I'd laugh so hard, even though it'd mean I was wrong. Sakurai being just plain evil is the funniest thing EVAR.

And yay for Sunshine! See, while he and I disagree about the argument, the way he stated things makes me inclined to respect him. While he uses functional and proper grammar, he also notes that arguments based on "your speling sux" are ridiculous.

However... I personally do think that there really is a huge chance that the clouds just happen to look like bowser (and I'm not sold at all about them looking like Ridley). When creating clouds using computer programs, they are largely created through randomized algorithms. I don't think the creators would look at it afterwards to make sure that it didn't happen to vaguely look like any real thing- to them, they'd just be clouds and leave it at that.

But, as Sunshine says, it's just important to remain open to other arguments and skeptical of your own. I'm not saying that cloud-villains is wrong, simply that I think it is. In no way am I going to claim that "OMG they are most definitely just clouds you morons".

... though, still, I do kind of wish that the cloud debates stuck to the cloud threads and we could actually talk about Ridley in here.

Do you think Ridley has a skeletal structure inside the shell, or is that shell simply his exoskeleton and inside is pure muscle and organs?

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Do you think Ridley has a skeletal structure inside the shell, or is that shell simply his exoskeleton and inside is pure muscle and organs?"

I'm pretty sure he does...

*Metroid prime 1*

*cough*

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Wait, Shuma, I asked an either or question :)
You mean yes he has an internal skeleton as well? Maybe it's time for me to replay metroid prime, hum. I can't think of anything revealing in it, except you blowing apart his chest organs.

Shuma

Smash Hero
IIRC the computer you scan to know about Meta Ridley has a pic of his anatomy, IIRC he looks to have bones.

Del Money

Smash Champion
You mean like this?
something like that yes...

@Numa Dude
ok so i got the best idea to resolve this since i usually dont hold a grudge against people i argue with...for the record i dont believe that the cloud-characters are 100% true and significant like alot of people but at the same time i dont believe it can be ruled out ignorantly so heres my idea...

if come 12/3/07 any villain emerges from those clouds out of Bowser, Ridley, Ganon,Blackshadow,Wolf,or Masterhand, you will write "I am an ignorant son of ***** . I have disgraced Smashboards...please forgive me everyone." in your sig. also if the clouds and any time in that clip form the face of any of the above mentioned you will do the same.

however if none of the above happens, i will not buy brawl until 2 years after the release date and I will write..."I am a loser and a *lol* troll. My hobbies consist of cloud gazing and thinking I'm good at smash bros in general. Numa Dude will verify this..."

and that can be our deal and end the argument in a mature way. how does that work?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Not... really the MOST mature way, but whatever. The best way to stop fighting is to stop fighting. It's kind of funny, but it works.

Oh, forgot that the scans would show off anatomy. I think I'll put that game in again and look at the entry.
Jopaan: When you fight Ridley, you shoot his mouth which makes him rear up, then you blow apart his chest area which is unarmored.

... Ridley's skeleton as alternate costume! I think that'd be pretty badass, hah.

Del Money

Smash Champion
That's kind of harsh. The best way to settle an argument is to stop fighting. So you've already done your part.
well yeah. i just wanted to make it more conclusive and interesting without fighting. and then iwouldnt say anything insulting to him anymore even if i won the bet. plus even if i lost id find it funny

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Oh, forgot that the scans would show off anatomy."

The Scan doesn't, the computer that you scan does, it has a pic on the scree with Ridley on it, and IIRC it shows bones.

Edit:

Found this Images on the Club Nintendo Forums:

Uhm?

Del Money

Smash Champion
"Oh, forgot that the scans would show off anatomy."

The Scan doesn't, the computer that you scan does, it has a pic on the scree with Ridley on it, and IIRC it shows bones.

Edit:

Found this Images on the Club Nintendo Forums:

Uhm?
ok Shuma, i really want to not bash this...but...Mewtwo? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
oh and post stuff about this in the "***What's going on..." thread, youll probably get a better reaction there since its more on topic

Shuma

Smash Hero
Hey, i didn't do the pic, i don't see mewtwo or ganon there, only see Bowser, Ridley and Master Hand.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Hey, i didn't do the pic, i don't see mewtwo or ganon there, only see Bowser, Ridley and Master Hand.
oh ok. well to be honest the cloud on the far left looks more like the face of a furry-@$$ beaver than anything smash related but yeah thats the last non-Ridley related thing im gonna say here. (unless Ridley really is the new mascot for Corn Pops *ask Grim Lizard*)

EDIT: HOLY **** I DO SEE GANON. NO MORE POSTING THAT STUPID SCREENSHOT EVER AGAIN

Shuma

Smash Hero
It's not Ganon, because Ganon will obviously have his TP look, and that Ganon is the Ganon from Ocarina of time.

Also... that's Elvis.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL

Del Money

Smash Champion
you missed Sonic confirmed in the stands of the stadium in the screenshot update today
...naw kidding

you missed nothing really. i actually tried to get a discussion going around whether people think the Ridley boss music would be for a Ridley theme or (you wont like this) just a Samus level with Ridley in the background

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Oh.. I see. Looks like a flame war started, Grim's contest was overshadowed by today's update, and everyone is discussing about "hidden villains" in the clouds. 0_0 Woah.

Well here's where I stand:

Grim, I'm in the process of making my Ridley picture now. (And I know you didn't draw that picture, because I've seen that on Google!)

Numa Dude is a douche who basically flames anyone who disagrees with him. I'm taking Stryk's side.

And I don't think that there's anything in those clouds. We are probably just over analyzing that picture. You're bound to see something if you look hard enough. Though, I do admit that the cloud people claim to be Bowser does, in my opinion, resemble him.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i didn't see at first, but when someone said they saw them in the clouds, i looked back and immedietely saw them. it wasn't hard either, it just appeared! i don't think it's an accident or a coincidence. but people looking THAT much into it, it's not healthy

the grim lizard

Smash Master
On the left side...it almost appears as if people are posting different screenshots because I swear I see something different each time on that side. On the right, however, I can consistently see Bowser and Ridley. Even if this doesn't say anything about villains, it at least says something about Sakurai being a tricky ****.

edit: I knew that would happen that last phrase is a reference to Richard Nixon. :ohwell:

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
The only part of those clouds that really looks like anything (other than the Bowser one) is this one, which looks like a face. It's really bothering me. Does anyone else see it?

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Oh man. Now I can't stop seeing Midna. Stupid clouds infiltrating my brains...I swear I can practically make out her facial expression by this point.

I'm not crazy, right? You all see her over there, don't you?

Screw the ink blot test. Psychiatrists need to start showing this picture to their patients.

Shuma

Smash Hero
No... i only see Bowser and Ridley(RIDLEY!!!!) but i don't see Wolf :(.

Also, guys... it came to me in a dream... i know WHO are the new bad guys...

SPARTAAAAANS!!!.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I hate you....stop it, just stop it...:urg:

Since you guys were kind enough to stop talking about Samus' final smash, I guess I owe it to you to stop talking about clouds. Sorry :(

Wanna show each other our Pokemans? Here's mine:

:011:

Metapod PWNZ!!!

:006:

Charizard is teh g8test Pokeman EVAR!! He's a mother ****ing dragon!! Who breaths fire!! ZOMG!

:061:

Poliwrath is soo AWEsome! But I cant find a watr stone SO I'm stuck with Poliwhirl!!! :dizzy:

:079:

Slowbro is gonna B337 u wit da 1N73lle93nC3!!!!

:054:

Psyduck > 3varyth!ng !!!!11

:065:

HE BENDS SPOONS INTO LADLES!!!!

BTW, what's #140 for?

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Charizard is totally the Ridley of the Pokemon world.

...Or would that be Aerodactyl?

(And number 140 is for Kabuto. Duuuuh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom