• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Shut up Numa, you're making a fool of yourself.

Aniway:

what other Metroid characters are there?
Dark Samus
Weavel
Silux

[/ridleyhat3r]

Ridley is pretty much confirmed i guess, Boss music, More Metroid Rep? Samus and Zamus being the same Char, etc etc.

And if Ridley is not in then we can Bomb nintendo... right?

Del Money

Smash Champion
At least you can actually tell what I'm saying.
and i can tell what Stryks is saying

Careful your douchebag is showing. BTW and is not a proper way to start a sentence. While I'm at it why don't I point out that you need to learn how to mind your own buisnes.
actually you can start a sentence with "And" as of a few years ago its been accepted. im not a nerd so i dont need to capitalize everything and punctuate, this isnt a ****in college essay. and yes, it IS my business when you want to be ignorant and bash EVERYONE (not just Stryks) who doesnt think one way like you. cloud-characters or no cloud characters stop thinking youre always right

@Shuma
i dont know much about Metroid. i only got Metroid Prime 1 yesterday. but how good are dark samus's chances for brawl do you think?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
and i can tell what Stryks is saying
Even when he starts spelling words with letters and when he accidently leaves crucial words out of the sentence?

actually you can start a sentence with "And" as of a few years ago its been accepted. im not a nerd so i dont need to capitalize everything and punctuate, this isnt a ****in college essay. and yes, it IS my business when you want to be ignorant and bash EVERYONE (not just Stryks) who doesnt think one way like you. cloud-characters or no cloud characters stop thinking youre always right
I love when trolls think they are smart. First off if you don't care about spelling why did you jump on me about it? Second If you had actually read my first post you would see absolutely NO flame bait or bashing in that post. The reason I started bashing Stryks is because he bashed me like the jerk he is first. Another thing just because I dissagree with something doesn't mean I think everyone who thinks it is stupid and that I'm right and their wrong so I would appreciate it if you would stop trolling.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I love when trolls think they are smart.
guess thats why you had to correct Stryks' spelling, huh?

Another thing just because I dissagree with something doesn't mean I think everyone who thinks it is stupid...
hmm ok...thats why you said this earlier

Or maybe your an idiot
oh and this...
And when it turns out to be nothing you idiots will be the butt of the entire forums jokes.
i guess "idiots" as plural only implies ONE person...my bad

so yeah congrats on the contradiction

so I would appreciate it if you would stop trolling.
trolling must be geek-speak for "shutting down by ignorance". stop trying to negate a healthy discussion and just back the **** off

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
On the whole "villains in the sky" debate: Do bear in mind that people have seen random images in the clouds since the dawn of time. While it's not impossible that the clouds are supposed to show characters at another frame of the animation, it seems like the odds are much higher that they're just clouds and we're just seeing things in our imagination.

For example, the thing that people keep saying is Wolf? I can kind of see a canine head there, but it has a giant, rounded snout like some breeds of dogs in real life would. Wolf has a tiny pointed snout. It looks nothing like him at all. Heck, if you ask me, that whole region looks more like Midna riding a generic wolf than it does Black Shadow and Wolf O'Donnel. Not that I think it's supposed to be. And the so-called Master Hand is either horribly deformed or has six fingers. Lots of us are going to imagine shapes in the clouds, but that doesn't mean there's really anything there. And why would Meta Knight get his whole ship while everyone else gets barely-visible cloud images?

In all likelihood, they're just clouds.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Can I just say this? People who cannot use correct spelling or grammar should not be attempting to correct other people's mistakes. And don't try to get into a syntax debate with me because I never lose.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
guess thats why you had to correct Stryks' spelling, huh?
Me and Stryks are bitter rivals who hate each other and we both have our ways of insulting the other one. Mine is making fun of his crappy spelling.

hmm ok...thats why you said this earlier

oh and this...

i guess "idiots" as plural only implies ONE person...my bad

so yeah congrats on the contradiction
I was pissed of at Stryks being a douchebag as always and posted in anger making my post more hateful than it really was. I don't really think that everyone who thinks this is an idiot but my hate for Stryks made it seem that way. Things like that happen alot when it comes to me. :ohwell:

trolling must be geek-speak for "shutting down by ignorance". stop trying to negate a healthy discussion and just back the **** off
Trolling is when someone usually a loser like yourself posts purposely negative things to piss people off and since I wasn't talking to you and because your posts are basically all flamebait designed to piss me off you are obviously a troll.

Del Money

Smash Champion
On the whole "villains in the sky" debate: Do bear in mind that people have seen random images in the clouds since the dawn of time. While it's not impossible that the clouds are supposed to show characters at another frame of the animation, it seems like the odds are much higher that they're just clouds and we're just seeing things in our imagination.

For example, the thing that people keep saying is Wolf? I can kind of see a canine head there, but it has a giant, rounded snout like some breeds of dogs in real life would. Wolf has a tiny pointed snout. It looks nothing like him at all. Heck, if you ask me, that whole region looks more like Midna riding a generic wolf than it does Black Shadow and Wolf O'Donnel. Not that I think it's supposed to be. And the so-called Master Hand is either horribly deformed or has six fingers. Lots of us are going to imagine shapes in the clouds, but that doesn't mean there's really anything there. And why would Meta Knight get his whole ship while everyone else gets barely-visible cloud images?

In all likelihood, they're just clouds.
see. at least youre not bashing anyone. and i saw the Wolf one too but from another angle, it looked like Uncle Chuck from the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon...keeps in mind ive made several jokes about that and dont think its serious. Wolf was a huge stretch but bowser and ridley popped out like nothing. of course after looking at the alleged bowser cloud it called looking a little less like bowser and more like a huskie dog. so im not gonna put my blind faith in the clouds but there is reasonable enough evidence not to rule anything in or out especially when its not like i'm the only one seeing these things. it would be absolutely ignorant to dismiss someone's idea as impossible when its not like it was pulled and of nothingness and that no one agrees

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
i'm not taking any sides, but let me just point out one thing

I doubt it means anything bu here are three images.

1. The regular image
2. I circled the far end one, that looks like ridley to me, bot sure about everyone else.
3. I highlighted too, one for whatever, the other just to make it detailed a little, to the left is ridley, compare.

Now argue my puppets!! Argue!!

Edit: I think there just clouds and don't really mean anything, I already think Ridley is probably going to be playable.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Me and Stryks are bitter rivals who hate each other and we both have our ways of insulting the other one. Mine is making fun of his crappy spelling.

I was pissed of at Stryks being a douchebag as always and posted in anger making my post more hateful than it really was. I don't really think that everyone who thinks this is an idiot but my hate for Stryks made it seem that way. Things like that happen alot when it comes to me. :ohwell:

Trolling is when someone usually a loser like yourself posts purposely negative things to piss people off and since I wasn't talking to you and because your posts are basically all flamebait designed to piss me off you are obviously a troll.

Wow dude chill, I only said about HMS to trigger you, not for you to go out and flame everyone out there...

U called us ridiculous for speculating of the formations of the clouds, I just retaliated, besides the clouds look to detailed not to mention dozens of people here see master hand, ganondorf, black shadow, bowser and ridley, its too much of a coincidence...

Cmon man I dont hate u, just like triggering u with the HMS thing, were all smashers lets get along! also my bad spelling = english aitn my native language...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Wow dude chill, I only said about HMS to trigger you, not for you to go out and flame everyone out there...
I'm only flaming because of all of the trolls that are attacking thanks to you and your ability to piss me off with just your presence.

U called us ridiculous for speculating of the formations of the clouds, I just retaliated, besides the clouds look to detailed not to mention dozens of people here see master hand, ganondorf, black shadow, bowser and ridley, its too much of a coincidence...
I called you ridiculous because you guys are speculating about CLOUDS! It even sounds ridiculous.

Cmon man I dont hate u, just like triggering u with the HMS thing, were all smashers lets get along! also my bad spelling = english aitn my native language...
I'd be okay with your crappy spelling if you just misspelled a word every now and again but you continuously leave words out spell whole words with just letters and you obviously don't even take the time to read your post over before posting it.

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah because name-calling isnt flamebait either...perhaps youre a hypocrit
so why not PM him and scam his box rather than calling "everyone" idiots
I was pissed of at Stryks being a douchebag as always and posted in anger making my post more hateful than it really was. I don't really think that everyone who thinks this is an idiot but my hate for Stryks made it seem that way. Things like that happen alot when it comes to me.
ok great just keep a little calmer next time. im not trying to start an argument. its just the ridiculous amount of people in 4 threads already dismissing the cloud-character theory as stupid, and n00b, and all other stupid words possible even when tons of people on these boards can see resemblances. im not confirmed this is right, for all we know they may very be just clouds. i just hate ignorance. if you can honestly tell me you dont see resemblances yourself, then ill respect your opinion but the resemblances of at least 2 characters are somewhat blatant to lots of people

Edit: I think there just clouds and don't really mean anything, I already think Ridley is probably going to be playable.
if the clouds are truly nothing then yes youre right. but if the cloud are actually character-likenesses then that means something to the actual 1-P story. perhaps the clouds represent bosses in the story and by beat the bosses, you convert them to the "good" side from the "dark ssbb brawl overlord creator person" side

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
see. at least youre not bashing anyone. and i saw the Wolf one too but from another angle, it looked like Uncle Chuck from the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon...keeps in mind ive made several jokes about that and dont think its serious. Wolf was a huge stretch but bowser and ridley popped out like nothing. of course after looking at the alleged bowser cloud it called looking a little less like bowser and more like a huskie dog. so im not gonna put my blind faith in the clouds but there is reasonable enough evidence not to rule anything in or out especially when its not like i'm the only one seeing these things. it would be absolutely ignorant to dismiss someone's idea as impossible when its not like it was pulled and of nothingness and that no one agrees
The Ridley cloud looks vaguely draconic, but it's pretty mangled...the top and bottom jaw don't line up, and the eye ridge bulges out really far. I don't really think it looks any more like Ridley than any real-life cloud might if you looked at it hard enough. And then the Bowser one is the only somewhat clear one left, and it could still easily be a coincidence. Like I said, it's not impossible, but it's unlikely.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
"dark ssbb brawl overlord creator person"

sounds menacing, either way, like i said, this minor topic is turning into a flame war real fast. I'll just sit back with my drink and snack and watch what happens.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Seriously, grim lizard, you didn't draw that, did you?
If so, I'm not sure whether I have to bother trying.

If not, I may submit an image... in a few days, that is. I'm slow.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
yeah because name-calling isnt flamebait either...perhaps youre a hypocrit
I'm getting tired of you. If you go back and actually read my first post about the cloud thing (Which BTW shouldn't even be disscused in this thread) then you would see NO flames bashing or anything of that nature. All you would see is me expressing my opinion on the clouds. You would however see flames AFTER I retaliated against Stryks for flaming the HMS again in a thread that has nothing to do with HMS .

so why not PM him and scam his box rather than calling "everyone" idiots
He flamed me on a thread. Common sense says I would respond to him in that same thread.

ok great just keep a little calmer next time. im not trying to start an argument.
Then why did you?

its just the ridiculous amount of people in 4 threads already dismissing the cloud-character theory as stupid, and n00b, and all other stupid words possible even when tons of people on these boards can see resemblances. im not confirmed this is right, for all we know they may very be just clouds. i just hate ignorance
Well then why didn't you just make a thread about the Clouds and say that there instead of instigating an argument?

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Numa and all the other flamers, this thread is going to get locked if you guys don't stop fighting. Either learn to like each other or take it to PMs.

Vali

Smash Ace
Erm...I seriously doubt that this thread, which continues to have some *glares angrily at people making too much out of clouds* serious discussion, will get locked merely due to the rivalry between Stryks and Numa Dude. Hell, the Zelda characters thread is still alive and kicking to this day...not so much kicking but still alive somewhere.

Anyway it's pretty much all stupid seeming that Numa did start off by not saying anything wrong at all, and rather than making a meal out of it like Del Money has, I think Stryks and Numa should just kiss and make up ;).

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
Seriously guys. Lets not get this locked, if your going to argue, pm each other to death. I'm going to get off this thread now. Behave you two.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Erm...I seriously doubt that this thread, which continues to have some *glares angrily at people making too much out of clouds* serious discussion, will get locked merely due to the rivalry between Stryks and Numa Dude.
I don't know. I was once on a forum where they had a huge 400-page topic
that got locked because some idiot flamed the hell out of this poor kid.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
omigosh!! Guys, Ridley is totally in teh clouds!!1

Also, guys I didn't draw that. I've only done a couple 10-minute MSP drawings. I just posted that cuz I wanted something fierce that said rawr. :p

Del Money

Smash Champion
hoo boy. someone needs a tranquilizer
sounds menacing, either way, like i said, this minor topic is turning into a flame war real fast. I'll just sit back with my drink and snack and watch what happens.
good cuz its gonna be epic until Numa can work out his juvenile anger issues and stop pissing ME off
I'm only flaming because of all of the trolls that are attacking thanks to you and your ability to piss me off with just your presence.
for one, Stryks has pissed me off before too when a couple months ago, i agreed with something an NSider theorized about brawl that was absolutely ******** looking back. obviously if he was a dooshbag, he would continue giving me **** for it. so why not learn to take a joke and stop being a boner...and yes the name-calling has begun
I called you ridiculous because you guys are speculating aboutCLOUDS! It even sounds ridiculous.
clouds you probably didnt even look at yourself. you didnt have to speculate, just take a ****ing look. its part of the screenshot idiot
I'm getting tired of you.
then go to bed. or better yet, take the tranquilizer i recommended earlier

He flamed me on a thread. Common sense says I would respond to him in that same thread.
fair enough but your response consisted of calling "everyone" who thinks anything about the clouds an idiot

Then why did you?
yup...silly me. i started the argument by calling "everyone" idiots. my sincerely apologizes to all smashers i offended

Well then why didn't you just make a thread about the Clouds and say that there instead of instigating an argument?
gee willickers, fellas...lets make a thread about today's update when there's already 4 THREADS DISCUSS THE DAM THING

anyways, i done with you. go punch a brick wall or something

The Ridley cloud looks vaguely draconic, but it's pretty mangled...the top and bottom jaw don't line up, and the eye ridge bulges out really far. I don't really think it looks any more like Ridley than any real-life cloud might if you looked at it hard enough. And then the Bowser one is the only somewhat clear one left, and it could still easily be a coincidence. Like I said, it's not impossible, but it's unlikely.
true, it was the draconic appearance that got me. seeing as i dont know much about Metroid, i dont really know Ridley's physique all too well. but the general shape was fairly to hard to pass off. Ridley's chances are already darn good so its no big deal with regards to character inclusion but more towards the one-player story mode. but this thread isnt about that so i wont discuss it further (although there's not much more else to discuss about Ridley besides the popular speculation of today's update). and plus i'm sick of Numa Dude's retardedness and im sure everyone else on this thread is too.

@GrimLizard

thats pretty hilarious hahaha

Sunshine

Smash Rookie
I'm new here, but I probably won't stay long if this mindless arguing is common...

It's important to stay open minded about these clouds. If you believe the clouds are nothing, but act as if that is a fact, you are not gonna get very far. If you think the faces confirm characters such as Ridley, but act as if that is a fact, you are not gonna get very far either. Consider both sides, and shut up about grammar.

I think the problem with the "they're just clouds" argument is that they are not just clouds. The clouds are artistic creations made by the developers in the game. They aren't just random shapes you see when you look outside, the developers made them to look that way. It is possible that they created the clouds without knowing they made them look somewhat like potential characters in the game, but what are the chances of that? Also, dark, ominous clouds (sometimes with figures in them) are always a sign of disruption in classic literature, which is exactly what's going on in this "story." In my opinion, these clouds are far from just figments of our imaginations.

The only characters I see are Bowser and Ridley, and I'm not completely sure about Ridley. I think once we see this cutscene in motion we will be able to tell. Until then, nobody is right.

But if these clouds turn out to be real, Ridley will be in the game (mostly likely as a playable character). I do think Ridley will be a character, even without this cloud speculation. This is just my opinion though.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
@Del: You contradicted yourself 4 times. PS.If you stop, Numa will stop.
Anyways, I do see patterns in the clouds that look like Smash Villains, but they're just random patterns percieved as faces by our puny brains.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I'm new here, but I probably won't stay long if this mindless arguing is common...

It's important to stay open minded about these clouds. If you believe the clouds are nothing, but act as if that is a fact, you are not gonna get very far. If you think the faces confirm characters such as Ridley, but act as if that is a fact, you are not gonna get very far either. Consider both sides, and shut up about grammar.

I think the problem with the "they're just clouds" argument is that they are not just clouds. The clouds are artistic creations made by the developers in the game. They aren't just random shapes you see when you look outside, the developers made them to look that way. It is possible that they created the clouds without knowing they made them look somewhat like potential characters in the game, but what are the chances of that? Also, dark, ominous clouds (sometimes with figures in them) are always a sign of disruption in classic literature, which is exactly what's going on in this "story." In my opinion, these clouds are far from just figments of our imaginations.

The only characters I see are Bowser and Ridley, and I'm not completely sure about Ridley. I think once we see this cutscene in motion we will be able to tell. Until then, nobody is right.

But if these clouds turn out to be real, Ridley will be in the game (mostly likely as a playable character). I do think Ridley will be a character, even without this cloud speculation. This is just my opinion though.
QFMFT! EXCELLENT FIRST POST DAMMIT. BRILLIANT. unignorant, unbiased, and basically all i wanted to say without argument. youre no "smash n00b" to me sir.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@sunshine
my thoughts exactly. the game designers made the clouds, which happen to look surprisingly like ridley and bowser. but no one really knows for certain, so stop flaming about it.

welcome to smashboards, and don't worry, this thread usually doesn't have many arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom