• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
hey! an Art contest!!^^

@samusrules:
a quick advice: when you draw a pixiled image (using paint) you should never, ever, EVER save it as JPG. it will make it look blurry and stinky .

always save as PNG.

OOoookkk here is my submission ^^

remember the Ridley lineart I made a while back...?

Here it is:

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mmm yummy, tastes like victory to me..

I am so unable to do those kinds of things. My hands are real... dumb.. Like Fry had stupid fingers.. I think I have stupid hands.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
More statistical morale!
We have had about 3450 in about 400 days
That's around 8.72 posts a day! Undoubtably, we've sped up recently, since yesterday was 75. But still, in 5 days we reach our 400th day. Our 1 year anniversary was exactly one month ago today.

I'm not artistic except in spriting. I couldn't compete. Especially against silver.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to toot my horn a bit, but did anyone notice the sprite comic I did a page back... at all?

Yeah, tablets are pretty sweet, but seeing as how I'm not that good anyways the stuff I draw in them only looks marginally better than mouse-drawn stuff.

But if you're a real artist... =)

gj silver.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If I ever stop being lazy I'll submit something. Ridley will probably get me off my lazy bum, though.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
all from scratch using Photoshop and opencanvas.draw it with a tablet.

you guys give me too much credit.<3
Ah, tablet. That explains it all. Both of my were MSP. I wasn't even at my computer all day; I did those somewhere else, and it was all I had. As a youngster, I spent many hours on MSP; I suppose they're decent with what's even capable with that program. It's hard to draw with a mouse; there's no doubt.

Maybe I'll hand draw something sometime here in the near future...

@ Phyvo...I saw it. It looked good. Smallish, but nice.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
all from scratch using Photoshop and opencanvas.draw it with a tablet.

you guys give me too much credit.<3
Great job on the Ridley drawing. I never thought I'd say this about Ridley, but... HE'S SOOO KUTE!

the grim lizard said:
I suppose they're decent with what's even capable with that program. It's hard to draw with a mouse; there's no doubt.
Try doing it when you're left handed. It's soooo hard.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Silver... that is actually very nice considering its like... all a small brush and not even fully colored in and all that jazz.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Silver, I demand that you Open Canvas with me.

... I demand to have Open Canvas.

Dammit. You don't happen to have a Linux system as well, do you?
Must.. figure out.. Windows emulator...

And then Shuma barges in and even he is better than me!
Everybody's better than me! *bursts out in tears and runs out of the room*

Shuma

Smash Hero
He looks like Ridley...

But i'm not hiping myself for a cloud. but aniway here:

silver777

Smash Champion
Thank you guys, i really appreciates it:kirby: *Kirby dance*

Silver, I demand that you Open Canvas with me.

... I demand to have Open Canvas.

Dammit. You don't happen to have a Linux system as well, do you?
Must.. figure out.. Windows emulator...
i am one of the 80% who use windows:laugh:

about open canvas,yes i do have it...but i am not sure about open canvas with me..

i mean.....like.....whats that.......?:confused:

don't get me started about this crap:mad: i don't see anything at all. people look too much into things that they believe they exist:urg:

give me some time on that pic and i'll sketch these "figures" so to speak:ohwell:

Fawriel

Smash Master
about open canvas,yes i do have it...but i am not sure about open canvas with me..

i mean.....like.....whats that.......?:confused:
Isn't it the one big feature of Open Canvas that it has a "multiplayer" functionality? Hence why it's called Open?

Shuma

Smash Hero
So you don't whant to belive in Ridley, god dammed Unbeliever!! You will Die!, the Space Pirate Inquisition is already looking for you!.

Aniway, i'm sure there are other villains in there, that we are sure only about bowser, doesn't mean there aren't more around there.

We'll see in Dec 3rd.

silver777

Smash Champion
So you don't whant to belive in Ridley, god dammed Unbeliever!! You will Die!, the Space Pirate Inquisition is already looking for you!.

Aniway, i'm sure there are other villains in there, that we are sure only about bowser, doesn't mean there aren't more around there.

We'll see in Dec 3rd.
i am much like "i don't believe in something that doesn't exist"person.

these are just clouds for a dark\spooky effect:embarrass

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
i am much like "i don't believe in something that doesn't exist"person.

these are just clouds for a dark\spooky effect:embarrass
The clouds there showing Bowser/Ridley/Wolf/Hand/Unicorn etc..

Is pretty much the same as saying Cloud from Final Fantasy will be in the game because it is a cloud...

Though Bowser is in the game.. It might be him, but I only seen him after a few people made pictures, and can barely see him without the lines.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dec 3 can't come fast enough...

Why is it that everyone refustes to belive other villains might appear in thos clouds?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
*sniffle* can we avoid the cloud discussions in here? Do you realize how ridiculously ugly Ridley would be in Brawl if that cloud was suppose to look like him? The thought makes me depressed.

I have a good tablet, but I can't find my tablet pen... I think I'll need to rebuy one, even though I know I'll find it immediately afterwards. When I get my pen, I'll throw in a try for the artsy contest.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well you sayd so... It's just a cloud... how can the actual Ridley model look like a cloud?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Can't, you're right. Guess the cloud couldn't possibly be meant to resemble Ridley, true true.
And... HEY! You got me discussing the dang clouds! Shameeee...

Do you guys like the thought of Ridley being a male, female, or an it? Discuss this not-cloud question!
I personally like the thought of Ridley being female. One, I just think the name sounds more like a female name (probably from watching the Aliens series). I also like the idea that Samus would have a female main rival who has rised in the ranks. Nice comparison, there. It also would make Ridley seem sort of like a Hive Queen, which is always fun.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley is very much a HE.

If you reead the Pirate data on MP and read the "manga".

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Ridley is very much a HE.

If you reead the Pirate data on MP and read the "manga".
Oh...
Right...
Yeah, I remember that in Metroid Prime. Strange, eh? So, new question. How would you guys... feel about Ridley being female instead of male? Stupid Metroid Prime and Manga, messing up my question...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I would be dissapointed because he/she doesn't have breasts and there's no hentai for him/her.

Yeah.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I would be dissapointed because he/she doesn't have breasts and there's no hentai for him/her.

Yeah.
That's what YOU think.

Erm, Ridley sounds male to me. Yes.

His status as a villain pitted against the heroine clearly makes him a metaphorical representation of the oppression of females by males, emphasized by the phallic nature of his head.

Now where were we again...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Sigh. Shuma scares me.
But really, think of all the hentai that could come from Ridley's long flexible tail, and...
Sigh. I scare me.

Note: Is the manga actually canon, though? Thinking of some of the earlier graphic novel incarnations of Ridley, it makes me wonder.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I don't think the manga is canon... but i don't think it's uncanon either... uhhh i'm not making sense.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This is ridiculous. I can't believe it's gotten this crazy since I was asleep. And I thought the Zamus announcement was crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom