• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, that's what happens when you decide to just go off and sleep. All sorts of crazy stuff happens that you miss and...
Well, huh. It's 4:30 AM right now. I... guess I'll go try to get some sleep now. Hmm.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
How did all this cloud business start? Why can't they just be pictures of clouds rolling in with a big ship? And why did you think Ridley is a girl? What's the matter with you? And why are you people talking about Ridley Hentai? Are you deranged? Now, Samus Hentai, there's something you could talk about...

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
I think it's more worthy to note that the big ship is Meta Knight's than that the clouds bear vague resemblance to... whatever.

But then again, I have no clue what Meta Knight could possibly have to do with that crazy looking thing in the last screenshot which looks like it's being Ing-possessed.

RID FO BRWL

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well, that's what happens when you decide to just go off and sleep. All sorts of crazy stuff happens that you miss and...
Well, huh. It's 4:30 AM right now. I... guess I'll go try to get some sleep now. Hmm.
Well, I have to get up at 6am every day for work. I can't exactly stay up until 2am every day. And most days...it's not even worth it (like Thursday). But it's just the off-chance that you get an update like this that would make it at all worth it.

By the way, what was our count for yesterday? Did we get to 75?
Edit: from midnight to midnight, we had 73 posts. Not bad.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
He looks like Ridley...

But i'm not hiping myself for a cloud. but aniway here:

hmm, when i saw the pic, i really thought they were just clouds. however, upon entering smashboards, many did speculate they saw characters. i went back and did in fact see bowser and ridley. this can't be coincidental, having that much detail and this many people seeing it can't be accidental. sakurai MUST of put them in the clouds.

however i do disagree with one thing. where you point out wolf and black shadow, that is where i see ridley, like he was lunging at you with his mouth open. the middle black part looks like master hand holding a smash ball (like on smash wiki), next to him is bowser, and the futher right i can't tell. looks like a weird triangular head. for some reason, it reminds me of Andross cause it looks like a monkey eating some weird v shaped thing. i could be mistaken and it could be someone else, maybe ganon?

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Clouds are clouds. They can tend to look like other things sometimes. The whole cloud thing is a distraction from more important matters, like why the heck is Meta Knight's ship there and what are those little machine things that spawn out of the evil purple bubbles.

Frankly, I don't think any of the villains have anything to do with it, so I don't see a reason WHY their faces would be in the clouds.

Besides, just because Ridley isn't in the clouds doesn't mean that he won't be in! It's not like we Ridley fans lose anything.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I really hope, for all your sakes, that Ridley actually is in Brawl. Personally, I'm a bit confused at how people can talk about Ridley as if they 'know' he is going to be in Brawl. His name pops up in discussions about confirmed information! It's almost as if you believe that if you want it badly enough, he will magically appear!

If that's the case, I'm going to start wanting a Twilight Princess edition Young Link. XD

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wait, you mean he isn't confirmed?

Buzz! You're my hero!
Don't you wish for Wind Waker Link as the new Young Link? =O

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Wait, you mean he isn't confirmed?

Buzz! You're my hero!
Don't you wish for Wind Waker Link as the new Young Link? =O
I've seen no proof in Ridley's favor.

And no, I do not want a Wind Waker Link. I like the more realistic looks. Cel-shading just didn't do it for me (despite the game being fun).

Fawriel

Smash Master
I wasn't serious about Ridley. =P

And that.. sucks. =<

*goes harass other famous Young Link players about it*

Shuma

Smash Hero
however i do disagree with one thing. where you point out wolf and black shadow, that is where i see ridley, like he was lunging at you with his mouth open. the middle black part looks like master hand holding a smash ball (like on smash wiki), next to him is bowser, and the futher right i can't tell. looks like a weird triangular head. for some reason, it reminds me of Andross cause it looks like a monkey eating some weird v shaped thing. i could be mistaken and it could be someone else, maybe ganon?
Actually the first time people started screaming OMG OMG RIDLERY!!1! i also saw him where Wolf is supposed to be, but after further inspection those clouds sort of resemble a man with his arm stretched up, so it reminds me of Black Shadow, and the thing on the right also resembles Ridley... somewhat. so i don't know,

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Buzz, we're such diehard Ridley fans that it would blow our worlds if he wasn't in. Thinking about him in any other way is not acceptable on this thread. (yes we know there's no proof or confirmation, but he's hugely popular on both sides of the Pacific and one of the most requested characters on Sakurai's poll. Likewise, we need more Metroid representation and noone deserves it more than Ridley. They've already made a model that would work for Brawl in the opening movie for Melee, so his size isn't a problem). Just wanted to get you up to speed, in case you didn't know already.

Stryks

Smash Hero
late again but here I go"

Ok so by far this is THE greatest update, it all seems that this time around theres gonna be more of a story, the good guys dont want the other good guys tu turn into trophies, as u can see kirby and mario joining forces, then everything goes dark and what seems like the new polygons/wire frames appear...

but BEFORE that u see the halberd followed by clouds, may speculate these look like characters, at 1st I tought they were crazy, but now that I see them I easily recongnize 4 characters:

on number 1: U see some guy with black horns or something, yet looks kidna humanoid, and the ONLY character that fits these bills are:

2: This one is easy, a big ball thingy on its forehead, seems angry thus the big black spot were the eyes should be, and big nose:

3: The image didnt turn out as I would have hoped but its looks just too much like bowser to NOT be him...:

4: Pterodactly/dragon like face, is a bad guy, and seems to have a wing near the nose (ok this last bit may not be true) yeah believe it!:

Quoted myself from another thread, this is what I see...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Now that I see it it KINDA looks like master hand, but seems kinda small IMO, I see more ganon, and would make more sense since all the character there are playable, and master hand aint... meh...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I see Black Shadow but not as youdepict him... i see him standing stretching his arm like saying "they're over there"... but whatever.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah the only thing I can see are the head and horns, the rest is a blur, but theres no doubt in my mind thats Black shadow...

edit: Shuma now I see two ganons, the one that I made and ur ganon, hes looking to the right snt he? :D

Shuma

Smash Hero
Another unbeliever. It's clear that most of the people in this forum are blind BLIND!.

And Stryks, now i also see 2 Ganons.... i'll edit another pic.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Clouds... We are analyzing clouds... This forum has sunk to an all-time low. >_<

Vali

Smash Ace
It's clearly just Bowser. He is by far the most distinct out of the clouds, what people say is "Ridley" looks more like one of his claws unless Ridley has had an extremely deformed makeover for Brawl and what people are saying as the Master Hand is probably Bowsers' other claw. Anything else is clutching at straws.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I see King Ganonidas Boss there.

Let's leave the clouds with Bowser and end the speculation.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt it, why just bowser? I mean sure hes marios main nemesis, but why just him when there are so many villains to choose from, I see black shadow, ganondorf, bowser and ridley, some say master hand where I see ganondorf but only time will tell...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Numa:

Seriously sakurai loves giving hints and the fans:

Samus will los eher power suit under certain conditions
Snake will use his cardboard box
the AC stage
Ridleys theme

Little things that made us speculate stuff, now look at the clouds, some look to detailed to just be clouds, when he could have made them all purpleish he left black spots and certain formations that is just to noticeable to not speculate just a bit...

sure it may be nothing, but if it DOES turn out to be faces of villains we will laught at those that didnt think so...

Ridicoulous how so? isnt HMS in brawl redicoulous?? :p

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'm very sure that's bowser, 90% of Ridley(Or King K. Rool?), 90% of Master Hand, and i could assure you that thing on the left will become Ganondorf's head... or Andross(Teh noes).

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
You guys seem to be forgetting that clouds move. I doubt that the development team would program distinct images of Nintendo villains into clouds only to appear in a screenshot.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
What is claimed to be master hand is incorrect. Master hand is a RIGHT hand, the hand supposedly in the clouds is a LEFT hand, therefore not master hand, and therefore, just a funny looking cloud. I can see Bowser fairly clearly, Ridley, not so much. The face that is allegedly Ganon's cannot be. Ganondorf has a huge shnoz of a nose, this nose is far too small. As for the others, I cannot make them out at all. Some are reading into this a little much. Until I get some video of this, and see if the clouds indeed form the shape of various vilans, I'm going to hold off on judgment.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"You guys seem to be forgetting that clouds move. I doubt that the development team would program distinct images of Nintendo villains into clouds only to appear in a screenshot."

You seem to forget, that the clouds could take the shapes of more villains as they move...

Obviously they're not going to announce Ridley/Ganon/Wolf as newcomers in a cloud.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This is great...So much action in this thread. Guys, don't forget to enter the photo contest, even if you don't think you're capable.

With the clouds: I doubted at first. Then, I could easily see Bowser and Ridley without trying...I would love to think those are all the villains. Sakurai said he wanted more villains...why? This could be it. I'm leaning towards believing that the shapes do mean something. And to the guy who said that they move so that disproves it...They will move if they are just cloud shapes, shaped like Bowser and Ridley or in the shape of a Dodo bird. So this point is irrelevant. They still have to program a shape to move, may as well be villain-shapes.

Anyway, on the whole "acting like Ridley is confirmed" thing...he basically is. It isn't like we're covering our ears and eyes and saying to ourselves "lalalala I can't here you lalalala Ridley is in Brawl..." He's going to be in. I have no doubts. He'll be in or Sakurai is a liar, as I said. He wants popular characters (a), and he wants more Metroid characters (b)...what other Metroid characters are there? What other more popular characters are there? This thread has over 3500 posts, that's 500 more than the next highest!

Del Money

Smash Champion
I see King Ganonidas Boss there.

Let's leave the clouds with Bowser and end the speculation.
1. the "bowser" cloud is now starting to look alot more like a huskie dog
2. but...Ridley 4 teh pwnz?

They are clouds. There are no secret hidden messages or anything in them their just freaking clouds. Seriously some people are just ridiculous with the speculation.
maybe youre right. maybe not. im not ignorant and willing to accept either side, so unlike you, i wont be eating my words if im wrong

This is great...So much action in this thread. Guys, don't forget to enter the photo contest, even if you don't think you're capable.

With the clouds: I doubted at first. Then, I could easily see Bowser and Ridley without trying...I would love to think those are all the villains. Sakurai said he wanted more villains...why? This could be it. I'm not leaning towards believing that the shapes do mean something. And to the guy who said that they move so that disproves it...They will move if they are just cloud shapes, shaped like Bowser and Ridley or in the shape of a Dodo bird. So this point is irrelevant. They still have to program a shape to move, may as well be villain-shapes.

Anyway, on the whole "acting like Ridley is confirmed" thing...he basically is. It isn't like we're covering our ears and eyes and saying to ourselves "lalalala I can't here you lalalala Ridley is in Brawl..." He's going to be in. I have no doubts. He'll be in or Sakurai is a liar, as I said. He wants popular characters (a), and he wants more Metroid characters (b)...what other Metroid characters are there? What other more popular characters are there? This thread has over 3500 posts, that's 500 more than the next lowest!
QFMFT

is Ridley has a boss theme announced on the brawl website it tells me one of 3 things:

1. Ridley is playable
2. Ridley is playable AND a boss
3. Ridley is in the background of a samus level (and that would be cold as hell...not that hell is cold or anything but you get my drift)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
You couldn't have just qouted me?

Seriously sakurai loves giving hints and the fans:
So? I doubt Sakurai would actually spend the time to make clouds look like villains just for idiots to speculate. IF Sakurai wanted to hint at what villains where in the game he certanly wouldn't do it by putting their faces in clouds.

Samus will los eher power suit under certain conditions
Snake will use his cardboard box
the AC stage
Ridleys theme

Little things that made us speculate stuff, now look at the clouds, some look to detailed to just be clouds, when he could have made them all purpleish he left black spots and certain formations that is just to noticeable to not speculate just a bit...
Or maybe your an idiot.

sure it may be nothing, but if it DOES turn out to be faces of villains we will laught at those that didnt think so...
And when it turns out to be nothing you idiots will be the butt of the entire forums jokes.

Ridicoulous how so? isnt HMS in brawl redicoulous?? :p
Isn't your attrocious spelling ridiculous?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Isn't your attrocious spelling ridiculous?
look at yours...it's pretty A-T-R-O-C-I-O-U-S too

Or maybe your an idiot.
that's "YOU'RE" smart guy

And when it turns out to be nothing you idiots will be the butt of the entire forums jokes.
careful...your ignorance is showing. and if YOU turn out to be wrong, the non-ignorant people will neuter you. other people aren't one-way thinkers. why don't you try it

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
look at yours
At least you can actually tell what I'm saying.

that's "YOU'RE" smart guy
Once again at least you can tell what I'm trying to say.

careful...your ignorance is showing. and if YOU turn out to be wrong, the non-ignorant people will neuter you. other people aren't one-way thinkers. why don't you try it
Careful your douchebag is showing. BTW and is not a proper way to start a sentence. While I'm at it why don't I point out that you need to learn how to mind your own buisnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom