• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
uhhh takes too long to scroll down for
that one post(on my wii)

@gypsy you are one mean tambourinist

oh yah
RIDLEY FOOOEEE BRIZZAWL YA DIZNIGG FOE SHIZZNIG

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Ahh, any support is appreciated Chaos Leader. If anything, you'll make a fine meatshield in the event that we raid Sora headquarters :).

But all cruel jokes aside, thank you (again) everyone.

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
wow we haven't had any ridley haters today

RIDLEY FOE BRAWL

«edit»
lolz i just voted on the sonic thread
it made them have only 3 starz lol
dont get me wrong though i like the little
guy i just like ridley more

the grim lizard

Smash Master
i love the anti-pokemon banner,
Yeah, he should change it to Deoxys, now, though...:p

is it really necessary to keep quoting that moveset. it makes the page so long and useless. at least have the link to the post.

ridley for brawl
You obviously didn't read it then because it was updated. Besides, the creator of this thread isn't around anymore; so if we don't keep requoting it; it gets lost. Ideally, we'd have it as the first post. Get over it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

You obviously didn't read it then because it was updated. Besides, the creator of this thread isn't around anymore; so if we don't keep requoting it; it gets lost. Ideally, we'd have it as the first post. Get over it.
deoxys, yeah that's a good idea. get the already pissed off deoxys lovers another blow to the stomach (by the way, that wasn't a sarcastic comment)

yeah whatever happened to xianfeng? he used to be on these boards a lot. maybe australia is in school or something.

but hey, i know it was updated. i saw the new banners. but it's still a pain in the a** to scroll down to read people's posts with that. even though gypsy did make a badass moveset

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I know I know...I wouldn't do it for anybody else, but for him...the moveset's just awesome. I only did that cuz he updated the moves. Really, though, the moveset it epic. It should have it's own site or something so we don't have to requote it...I'll have to rethink this.

I really do think it would be hilarious to have Deoxys there ;)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
They'd...well...if that happened...however unlikely, I wouldn't want to see the boards that day, let alone this thread. That would be majorly painful.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
for the record, do you like getting me pissed off? :mad:

If that did indeed happen to Ridley.. I'd come on here and say sorry etc. like I did for Deoxys.
Well, it's nice to know some people here understand.
(seriously, you just wont get it unless it really happens to you. you just. wont. get it.:()

the grim lizard

Smash Master
for the record, do you like getting me pissed off? :mad:

Well, it's nice to know some people here understand.
(seriously, you just wont get it unless it really happens to you. you just. wont. get it.:()
I think that is a misuse of the phrase "for the record", but whatever.

And second...there are a million Pokemon; there's only one Ridley. Besides, I never wanted Deoxys in cuz I thought he looked dumb. Feel free to say that Ridley is one of millions of Metroid characters and that there are millions of him and that he looks dumb and that you don't want him in. I don't care. It's your funeral. But, I really don't like Deoxys. Sorry, but I don't.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Tirkaro.. I'm only bracing myself for the worst. Making myself feel better by not being mean to anyone. And when something happens to one of my wanted... I know that its not all that bad.

I don't know... I'm not a mean person overall so thats not my style. I'm not looking forward to maybe.. a handful more of characters getting ATed or not cutting it for the game.. Its going to be both a great and horrible day for a good number of people on December 3rd.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The thing is...the characters I want in are all top contenders. I never had a major opinion about Pokemon wanted in (other than M2 returning). With Pokemon you run into the problem of having 450 characters...say what you want about Deoxys, but Sakurai knows what he's doing.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Indeed, The thing people don't understand is that Pokemon has a minor Fanbase for Brawl, and from that minor fanbase only the minority liked Deoxis. Although it had a Strong fanbase.

Now Ridley is diferent, ask any smasher if they would whant Ridley in Brawl, i doubt anyone would tell you "no, i don't whant him in".

And Deoxis was a Bizarre and Overrated Character, come on, he was done for the sole purpose of having another Mewtwo... A better Mewtwo, if Deoxis was a PC, then he would Replace Mewtwo, and that's not fair.

Mewtwo has a bigger fanbase, he was in the First Pokemon Movie, he has a Background(unlike Deoxis), And he was the first Super Powerfull Pokemon. That and Lucario is better than that Tentacle Limbed Abomination.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I was suprised to see Mewtwo in Brawl.. he was the first... LAST pokemon so I guess that shows why.

I actually didn't know why Ridley was until I came here about.. five or so days ago.. Or Geno for that matter... I've gotta say hes grown on me with all the pictures that I've seen..

haha BUMPer.. get it?.. I knew you would.... har har..

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'd destroy Sakurai if that happened, we would send MIllions of Hate Mails to Nintendo. MILLIONS! AHAHAHAHAHA! AAAAHAHAHAHA!.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Heh. I wonder if Sakurai would change something if enough people complained. Have another update later saying "Ah, haha, just kidding! Z-suit samus is actually an independent character, and so is Deoxys!"

You know, I think the whole Zamus/Samus thing helps Ridley's chances just a bit more. Metroid needs more than one representative, and now Zamus and Samus are the same character completely and officially... yep. I'd be very surprised if Ridley wasn't a contender.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Heh. I wonder if Sakurai would change something if enough people complained. Have another update later saying "Ah, haha, just kidding! Z-suit samus is actually an independent character, and so is Deoxys!"

You know, I think the whole Zamus/Samus thing helps Ridley's chances just a bit more. Metroid needs more than one representative, and now Zamus and Samus are the same character completely and officially... yep. I'd be very surprised if Ridley wasn't a contender.
i didn't thought about that...

yeah this rises Ridley chances as a playable character!!

i knew that samus will turn into zamus that way.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
tomorrow's update:

AT - Ridley

*pass out*
Nah, already had one this week.. Pokeball nevermind... Wait.. both are items right?

@qdMbp
There is a chance that he MIGHT do it. But that would internally flaw his entire balance design. He said he was going for balance and thats what he is doing.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised if he's not in, he hasn't appeared in 2 games... well 1, since the first was really Nintendo All stars.

But perhaps he would Change something if he get's flooded by E-mails.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

though im still angry about the non-seperateness of samus/zamus, i like your final point.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yes that point brought up by qdMbp was good. Ridley has a better chance and everyone here and rejoice just a little bit more.

I also will be suprised if hes even an AT at this point other than a PC.

majora_787

Smash Hero
nobody here did. that's why we're here.
bot my god, rofl XD The Deoxys for brawl thread had no chance in the end. lol

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's either a little more until he's finally confirmed, or no rejoicing, and we slap you with a raw fish. your choice.

But anyway, I'd love to see Ridley as a playable, then the new final boss to replace giga-bowser would be Meta-Phazon-Ridkley or somethin, and he'd be able to use phazon blasts, bombs, missiles all that crap and whatever. It'd be like old times, fighting a gigantic fantasyy monster.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
haha amen to that! XD
i sure do hope hes a PC in brawl, he'd be such an awesome character (though they would probably downsize/weaken him) but hey, if hes in i'm happy

the grim lizard

Smash Master
It's funny because people care less about this update than the Deoxys as Pokeball one. Sure, there were like 10 new threads about it today, but what else is new? Now, no one even comments in those threads...everyone's posting in completely different threads instead. lol

It just sucks we have to wait until Dec. 3 to see Ridley...because you know Sakurai isn't going to reveal anything about him until after that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
They don't care less... blood has flown.

What I hope this relative silence indicates is that people are starting to use common sense and realize that we are no wiser concerning the question whether Zamus can be chosen seperately from Samus. So there's nothing much to discuss.
*sigh*
I wish Sakurai stopped this teasing, though. I'm starting to become afraid of updates not because I might dislike them, but because of the reactions in the forums.
If Ridley becomes an AT, I'll post in this thread a few times, then abandon this place and go to a solitary island or something.

Of course, Ridley won't become an AT.
He'll come out of a Pokeball because Sakurai thinks it's a fun way to intertwine the Nintendo universes. <3

Made you look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom