• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Maybe they could have a Pokeball that has Squirtle or Togepi in it, and when it's released...

CAAACKAAAH

Ridley swoops down on it like a turkey hawk and carries it away. That'd be the only way I'd wanna see Ridley if he wasn't a playable character.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, now that Zamus comes from a final smash, there officially is only ONE metroid character still. so since Sakurai wants to expand the metroid franchise, this pretty much confirms ol' ridley

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
well, now that Zamus comes from a final smash, there officially is only ONE metroid character still. so since Sakurai wants to expand the metroid franchise, this pretty much confirms ol' ridley

there is no proof that zamus only comes
from a final smash that is just one way to
get her

Fawriel

Smash Master
Is this gonna turn into a "they could turn Tom Nook off in the background" discussion? blarg.
Yeah, just like Sheik. Poor Sheik players always have to press down+b so fast after the game starts and wait a second to transform. That puts them at such a disadvantage, you know?

God dammit, this update should've come on a day when I got some decent sleep.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Feel free to use it, Caael. In fact, I encourage you to. And yep, Gypsy, that was the point. :p
We already have a transforming character, with one simple trick that allows switching besides the standard way. No reason for it not to be the same with Zamus.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
that is the PERFECT way to start out as Zero Samus, and i'll bet anything if theres a way to play as her from the start that'll be the way

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Feel free to use it, Caael. In fact, I encourage you to. And yep, Gypsy, that was the point. :p
We already have a transforming character, with one simple trick that allows switching besides the standard way. No reason for it not to be the same with Zamus.
Yep, and no reason they can't turn off Tom Nook in the background when someone plays as him and make a "normal" playable version of Deoxys and keep Pichu and Doc in the game with new movesets and make Ridley a Bowser clone...

Yep, they can do all that stuff.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Please don't talk about the update in here guys. This is the only safe place left....

The fact that there isn't a thread left that doesn't talk about today's update sucks.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ah, but Gypsy...I thought you wanted people talking about Samus other than what type of suit she had. :p

I mean, what can be said? Ridley is confirmed...oh, wait, no he isn't. Bah, he may as well be. Dec. 3 can't come soon enough.

We could have a Ridley RPG match on this thread? How about that, eh?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You know, one of those things where you type a move, it does damage or whatever, and then the other person responds. It's like a turn-based RPG game, only online. Lame, but...fun nonetheless.

Like...turn 1 grim) Ridley flies into the air.
turn 1 roy_owns) Roy unsheathes sword.
turn 2 grim) Ridley uses tail attack on Roy.
-roy_owns is stunned for a turn-
turn 3 grim) Ridley eats Roy and he's dead.

Something like that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Terribly sorry to bring it up again, but...

Yep, and no reason they can't turn off Tom Nook in the background when someone plays as him and make a "normal" playable version of Deoxys and keep Pichu and Doc in the game with new movesets and make Ridley a Bowser clone...

Yep, they can do all that stuff.
How the F*CK do you manage to compare those things?!

I'm sorry, but you're sounding like smashyou666 right now.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Nah uh. Kirby had a force field! Kirby had a force field! You're cheating!! I'm not dead yet!

Kirby uses his force powers on Ridley and throws him off the edge.

+2 Damage

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You're not that sorry or you wouldn't have posted it. And I'm not running around calling people internet kids. I'm just saying...stop trying to say "oh, they can do all of this stuff and this person really can be playable" or "they can also make it so that you hold down A"...that's pretty far-fetched if you ask me. People act like they're going to make all of these accommodations to meet our expectations. Get over it!

The game will be great. People need to stop worrying about crap. And as we can now CLEARLY see from today's update, pretty much everything has been at face value. Wario's attack, Wario's bike, Zamus's transformation, etc. They have been exactly as presented. What you see is what you get. Sakurai isn't ignorant. He wouldn't have put Tom Nook there for kicks. And yes, I'm placing a lot of doubt that they will make an Abutton transformation. He said "Samus will turn into Zero Suit Samus under certain conditions." That sounds very little like "if you hold down this button at start" and a whole lot like you have no control over it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
*sigh*
I take these forums too seriously. I'm seriously getting depressed over arguing the whole day.
I should've gone outside despite the heat.

I agree that much of all that is wishful thinking. The A-button transformation has precedence, though... so it's not at all a baseless assumption.
I don't actually care that much about Zamus... but you're making something backed up by proof out to be something completely ridiculous that I've been arguing for.
Sorry for the comparison with that guy. I was reminded of his post "That they can resize Ridley doesn't mean they're going to do it". Same thing, really.

Captain Falcon jumps and gets ready to knee Ridley in the face.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
No, the difference is...there is no reason TO do it for those people. None of those characters are as popular as Ridley. Not even combined. Anyway, it's not like he showed a picture of Ridley on the site. He clearly showed those characters in that way. I don't think any of us give Sakurai enough credit.

oh, and...gg, Gypsy. Ridley was having an off-day. :p

edit: I don't mean to say that it isn't possible that Zamus couldn't be played another way, but I just don't like people assuming that is the case automatically OR (worse) that it would be the end of the world if that didn't happen. Just trust people, trust.

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
but now its my turn to fight hmmm...
guess ill be jiggs

*jiggs breaks kirby's force field*
*jiggs pokes kirby in the stomach*

*kirby explodes*

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I bet we'll get Meta-Ridley, and then when he does his final smash all his robotic additions will fall to pieces and he'll become armorless Ridley.
... *snicker*. Anywayy....
I'm with you, Fawriel- I'm getting way too annoyed over everyone else getting annoyed.
What's everyone's favorite appearance of Ridley so far? I'm not sure if I liked the MP3 form as much as some other ones prior.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The Krystal thread is second now, with 2997. C'mon, we can reach 4000 before they make 3 posts!
Yeah, Diddy dropped, and Krystal was even on the 5th page! lol

But at this rate...I mean, I've been the post at the top of the page like all day. We'll never reach 4000 at this rate.

I already said that Ridley-X was my favorite because he was so insane. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom