• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Either that, or he really is autistic.
Oh well.

RFB!

I suggest creating a subdivision of RFB called R4B to cater to the younger audience, thus maximizing profit and our control over the suggestible minds of the wee human race.
kthx?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I don't mind...this is brining us (ever so slowly) closer to 9000.

And Zelda is confirmed and never playable. That's really all that needs to be said. You lose.

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
let me say it again. all CONFIRMED characters are characters in the game. the rest are inconclusive or denied.

Wow....next time before you post try
and read what you type. Anyways if
that is what you meant to type your basicly
saying that confirmed characters are going
to be in the game and no one else is¿?

GOOD DAY SIR!!

and also.... ridley for brawl!!!!!¡!
lol i only used 1 period

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
can i restate? that wasnt exactly what i said. *ahem*

all confirmed characters are playable characters in other games
ohh i took too long to type didnt see that
as stated before by grim you cant play
as zelda and other characters were only
playable in games such as mario tennis ect.

WHAT IS THERE TO THINK ABOUT

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
can i restate? that wasnt exactly what i said. *ahem*

all confirmed characters are playable characters in other games
is it my problem that i don't understend your post because my mother language is not English ??

if you are interested sakurai said all the secret characters will be announced after the game is released.so, like us,you won't know who they are only after the game is released.

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
u guys dont understand. go to the site and think about the site.
is it my problem that i don't understend your post because my mother language is not English ??

if you are interested sakurai said all the secret characters will be announced after the game is released.so, like us,you won't know who they are only after the game is released.

hey man no one understood what he said

RFB¡!

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Okay, as much as this is helping us to the goal of 9,000 posts, this is getting quite ridiculous. Lord Kirby, let me start by saying that I get what you were saying, but that what you stated (that the only playable characters in Brawl will be characters that were playable in their own franchise games) is wrong.

Need proof? Look at Zelda and Ganondorf... and Sheik. Please just give it a rest, I'm asking as nicely as possible here. You're giving people headaches here, as Jopaan stated above.

Oh, and one more thing...

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
6|_|yz...! _|u57 |=0u|\||) 7|-|15 |*1(7!_!R3 @|\| 73|=| 1N73r|\|37z...

R1|)|_3y (0|\|f!r/V\3d!!13113\/3|\|11()|\|37\/\/0

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Okay, as much as this is helping us to the goal of 9,000 posts, this is getting quite ridiculous. Lord Kirby, let me start by saying that I get what you were saying, but that what you stated (that the only playable characters in Brawl will be characters that were playable in their own franchise games) is wrong.

Need proof? Look at Zelda and Ganondorf... and Sheik. Please just give it a rest, I'm asking as nicely as possible here. You're giving people headaches here, as Jopaan stated above.

Oh, and one more thing...

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!
shiek and ganondorf again. oh no. melee again.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
shiek and ganondorf again. oh no. melee again.
Okay, seriously now, are you doing this just to piss people off? This statement makes absolutely NO sense at all. I've tried to be reasonable about this, couldn't you do the same? Maybe, just maybe?

Learn proper grammar first, maybe then I can take you seriously... maybe.

EDIT: Okay, f4lco_m0k3y beat me to this one before I could finish, so please Lord Kirby, listen to his post. I still support what I said above. RIDLEY... FOR... BRAWL.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah... I kind of agree with ICEIGHT. It seems likely that Ridley will end up getting juggled more than is fun... but still. He is pretty much the only other actual character from the Metroid series, in the sense that he actually has some background and has been the most prevalent enemy. He is actually intelligent, while the other enemies haven't shown much sign of that.
Oh, and he's badass.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yeah... I kind of agree with ICEIGHT. It seems likely that Ridley will end up getting juggled more than is fun... but still. He is pretty much the only other actual character from the Metroid series, in the sense that he actually has some background and has been the most prevalent enemy. He is actually intelligent, while the other enemies haven't shown much sign of that.
Oh, and he's badass.
QFT :laugh:

Shuma

Smash Hero
Actually Ridley, Mother Brain and Kraid(although he doesn't show it in the game :p) are the only inteligent characters in the games, Space Pirates are Dumb foot soldiers and Dark Samus just follows his/her insintcts.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I play Zelda a lot and where is she on the tier list? I'd rather use a character that fits me well off the start then well... Adjusting my self to use a high tier character just because hes a better character.

I never played Zelda (games) but I ended up using Zelda.. If Ridley is thrown in, I wasn't a fan of Metroid but if he feels right under my control he could well be my new main.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I used to main Ness and Samus, but when my friend (who plays Marth) consistently ***** my Ness, I decided to drop him and only main Samus. I'll probably second Ridley in Brawl (assuming he's in) and main Samus again.

Ridley For Brawl!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I was Link, Falcon, Falco, and Doc. I'm going to crap my pants with Brawl...In Melee, I tried to at least get decent with every character, and I more or less accomplished that. I don't know if that's even going to be reasonable for Brawl. I'll probably have like 10 mains, and then I will suck really bad for about 5 years...:p

Another thing I was thinking about...The day Brawl comes out, one of two things will happen: 1) No one at all will be at the boards for like a week or 2) The boards will explode with spoilers and discussions of new/discovered things out the wazoo. That day will be crazy either way.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sometimes I'm kinda glad I never had anyone decent to play against.
It enables me to main characters completely for the fact that I like them instead of their strength. Heck, if I had mained Fox, Falco and Sheik, I bet I would have had NO ONE to play with after a while because I would simply be too undefeatable....

I main Young Link and Luigi ( with whom I'm actually almost half-decent ), second Ness, Mario, Doc and third Yoshi and Bowser.

I'm really looking forward to the possibility of some of my mains being different and possibly much stronger. If almost being able to shuffle made me get half-decent with Ness with no good training, if I actually try and he keeps his fair sparkles... happy days for Ness players.

Ridley will definitely join the ranks of the characters I play frequently, no matter what he plays like.

I also want WW Link and Gardevoir ( a LOT, both ), Dedede, Krystal, Tom Nook...

Guess I'm setting myself up for a whole lot of mains, too. ^^;

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh, grim, the board will explode with spoilers and people bragging "OMG am I first to unlock Ridley? He's so cool!" and the such.

But, I think Ridley won't be nearly as bad as Bowser. I mean, in the games Ridley could easily move faster than Samus when he wanted to charge.
Shuma: Yeah, I know that Mother Brain and Kraid are also technically intelligent. But... seriously. Do they LOOK intelligent? Kraid with his stumpy arms looks completely brain dead (still cool looking, I guess... just a bit dim). Mother Brain... well, her entire body is a brain. Clearly she's overcompensating for her inability to think.
Ridley, however, knows that the most intelligent thing to do is look awesome, and therefore he is smartest of the baddies.
PS: New signature, which may need to be resized so the entire thing fits.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
In Melee, I tried to at least get decent with every character, and I more or less accomplished that. I don't know if that's even going to be reasonable for Brawl. I'll probably have like 10 mains, and then I will suck really bad for about 5 years...:p
that's what i do. i don't have one main, but just a bunch of characters i can play well with that i like to play as

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Around the time of Brawl's release, I think they should shut down the site for a couple weeks as to avoid all of the spam and everything else. That way, they can organize the site once everything has been confirmed. And by then, they can have character-specific forums and everything else.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I assume Ridley or another Metroid Character or Metroid Stuff will be announced the day they release MP 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom