• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
what about a return move
another yoshi handicap maybe

or he could lunge/fly up and grab someone like MP 3
then he can smash the opponent into the ground , claw them, or simply tail wack them away

a little bowserlike but tweak it to look unique and it will work

also Ridley was only mechanical in Prime 1 it will be shameful to base all his moves in that one game

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
what about a return move
another yoshi handicap maybe

or he could lunge/fly up and grab someone like MP 3
then he can smash the opponent into the ground , claw them, or simply tail wack them away

also Ridley was only mechanical in Prime 1 it will be shameful to base all his moves in that one game
i figured he'd have 5 jumps, a la kirby and jiggs (and prolly meta knight and pit too).

yea, i spose you'd wanna give the old 2d metroids equal rep, but sakurai tends to base his intepretations of characters off their more recent appearances. not as a rule, but thats how i sees it!

also, OBJECTION! it was meta ridley in prime 1. mecha ridley was this strange robot version of riddles that only appeared in zero mission.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
sorry for the mecha meta misup

anyway kirby jiggs and pit has return moves other suggestions for a ridley return move

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
lol, i didnt really care, i just like yelling (well, writing loudly) OBJECTION!

well, maybe his jumps could be mainly vertical, then he could <b back to the stage. and pit's recovery sounds a little too good to me. but i spose we won't know until we actually try it.

anyways, RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well i respect your opinion however ridley is basically the same trend as bowser and ganandorf so he will fit

also sakurei(horrible spelling) said he wants more girls and villians to round smash

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
the Ridley final smash should be cruel involving tossing clawing flying and burning
a simple hyperbeam seems too generic and non ridley

wow i'm the most recent post in like 5 threads where is everybody

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Dynamic Entry, I like your moveset, but only Meta Ridley can do those moves...

And, since it looks like Sakurai has a M:ZM based look for Samus, I'd expect to see a normal Riddles in Brawl. I don't think Sakurai goes by just "most recent" but most recent and popular. Unfortunately for us Americans, Japan hates Prime. Gawd Damitt...

LOL at the guy in your sig that's about to kicked in the teeth. I just noticed it... My apologies for bringing up random stuff....

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
yeah that is true

most likely b moveset
b breath blast(doy)
b smash (a lunge attack ) very generic but it;s ridley like
b up some fliying clawing attack probably as effective as captain falcon's recovery
b down no clue

wher's the love for a cruel attack
a bombing run is only suitable for metaridley(boss maybe)

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Dynamic Entry, I like your moveset, but only Meta Ridley can do those moves...

And, since it looks like Sakurai has a M:ZM based look for Samus, I'd expect to see a normal Riddles in Brawl. I don't think Sakurai goes by just "most recent" but most recent and popular. Unfortunately for us Americans, Japan hates Prime. Gawd Damitt...
i've had this discussion before, and i think we settled on recency and popularity dont matter, its all sakurai's interpretation anyway. samus is pretty much prime on top, with super metroid legs and an overall prime finish (the shinyness, and the lights etc.) where as zero suit looks like she did in echoes and zero mission, but not her hunters look (which was more recent).

i just based my moveset off prime, cos...well, i love that game. its a coin toss with where sakurai will base his moveset off of. the 2d games would be easier i spose cos ssbb is 2d, but i doubt he'd just write off prime rep cos japan doesnt like it. i'm pretty sure sakurai realises that japan isnt brawl's only place of popularity (he's clearly not an idiot), and will hopefully act accordingly.

but this is all just speculation, maybe sakurai won't even make an english build and laugh in our faces! HAHAHA!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i just think that sakurai is needing to balance two worlds in metroid's representation

so we might see a normal ridley with previous ridley moves

and a metaridley boss with prime moves

i just hope ridley will be in at all because all this moves argument is pointless without the character himself

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
^^Why do you keep saying Meta Ridley as a boss? Why not normal Ridley? Why Ridley a boss at all?

maybe sakurai won't even make an english build and laugh in our faces! HAHAHA!
Or WORSE, they could use his NES Metroid instruction booklet art!!!!! *DUNT DUNT DAH!!!*

He's the one on the far right. Scary huh?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
its a combination of hope and realizing that nintendo's main villians are ridley bowser and ganandorf

bowser= giga in melleee

therefore a ganon boss, and a meta ridley boss issn't to far away

besides what can they do with master hand make a third hand

Demikeaton

Smash Rookie
i do hope Rildey will feature because:
A) they have his theme song now.
B) He featured in melee in the opening cutscene
C) He'd be a good character
D) They put Kraid in the bg of melee, why not Ridley now.

(i dunno what gender Ridley is, but i'm assuming it's a guy.)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, he's male. He's referred to as "he" and is the "last of his kind".

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@demikeaton
yes, we all assume he is a guy.
plus, ridley appeared in a trophy in melee, and sakurai said that a few characters that were trophies would be playable(ie my guesses pit, ridley, balloon fighter, mach rider)
and sakurai said that the metroid series was under repped and he hoped to include more characters from it.
and sakurai said he wanted to improve the air game, and ridley flies.
thats 7 reasons when added to yours, which = ridley has 100% chance.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
He'll probably be normal and have a boss version, ala Giga Bowser that is Meta-Ridley who you will fight if certain conditions are met at the end of adventure mode or whatever mode

D

Deleted member

You people and your insinuations. You make me so horny. Wait, ignore that part.

He'll probably appear as he does in the 'Prime games. As Wolf will probably appear as he does in 'Command and '64 like Fox, Ridley will incorporate the features from the games Samus' 'Brawl model fought with him in. So 'Prime, maybe the older games a bit, but mainly 'Prime.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
The only problem with his Prime version is that it is super huge, they already have a normal model to use, which looks like it is based more on past Metroids (only based, he was never that small in any of the Metroids, except maybe the first). I think it'll just be the model from the opening movie in Melee, personally. That makes the most sense imo.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, definitely. As I said, a mixture between all of them would be the best because it would represent every single appearance he and Samus have had together, which is what most fans of Metroid want and is also the best way to explain moves from multiple games.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I gotcha, the way you worded that confused me a little bit, I follow it now. Actually, I think he's been mostly the same, save for a few minor details in all the games before Prime. Someone a few pages (probably more than a few now) had pictures of him in every game, they didn't look much different for most of the games.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, except his original SNES appearance where he has three eyes and is blue. But I seriously doubt they'd use that one, it's the oldest game and one of the least ground-breaking. If they use any of his old models it'll be from Super Metroid as that was the most popular Japanese one. I still see them using a mixture, though. Probably using his recent appearances more.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
You mean NES, and the pics are all on page 127 (thanks Gypsy Lee). That pic you're talking about from the original is in the instruction booklet, but the Ridley in the game didn't really look like that. His head was the same shape in the game, but he didn't look like he had those 3 eyes in the actual game. There's a pics of that somewhere near the beginning of the thread, don't remember where and it could take forever to find that one. But still, aside from the first one and the Prime series, all the models look the same, just different sized eyes, really.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
I am not a Metroid fan - I've only slightly played Super Metroid and Metroid Prime Hunters on DS, but I think Ridley's chance is VERY high - he has his own theme tune on smashbros.com! 'Nuff said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom