• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
;-; and you call yourself a Ridley fan. all Ridley forms are welcome, but Meta Ridley has to be at least a costume.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
however prime series is not popular in japan

sakurai knows that smash is a balancing act between north americans and the japanese

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Caael is right, meta-ridley needs to at least be a costume, and meta-phazon-ridley a bigger meaner version of ridley who is one of samus's bosses and playable through action replay.

majora_787

Smash Hero
*smiles* Dr. Mario had an emo costume in melee, so Ridley can have an emo costume in Brawl. but they still have to put Meta Ridley in there as a costume.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@stryks
who wouldn't. or also as boss, seeing the size compared to samus in the pic. sorta like giga bowser, because ridley would still be playable, and you can access him through the action replay.

majora_787

Smash Hero
with Ridley being in, I'm wondering if they'd include Dark Samus. vice versa, too. do they actually plan on including both, or are they only using one?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dark Samus would be far from a clone of Samus, too. so that'd deffinatly be cool. BUT! which version would they use? the MP version (final boss) or the samus version (first and second encounters)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Meta Ridley appeared in ONE game. A game that Japan hated. Purple Riddles FTW.

I think DS would be kinda lame. They should just keep the Metroid rep to just Samus and Ridley. I absolutely hate Zero Suit Samus. God, she was perfect....... then they had to ruin her with Zamus. Sorry, enough ranting.

;-; and you call yourself a Ridley fan. all Ridley forms are welcome, but Meta Ridley has to be at least a costume.
And you call yourself a Ridley fan!? You played one game with Ridley in it, and you're saying that Meta Ridley should be in instead of normal Ridley? WTF? Costume? I'll agree with just a costume, but anything more is nonsense.

majora_787

Smash Hero
uh, yeah. how about no?

Samus cannot use the Phazon Scattershot, Phazon Meteor, or the Phazon Boost like Dark Samus can. Dark Samus would make a better character.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hahahaha my god ur so wrong:

Dark samus is made of phazon samus isnt
dark samus has a spreader beam, samus doesnt
samus has the screw attack, dark samus doesnt
dark samus never touches the ground, thus floats, samus does not
dark samus has a meteor dive attack, samus does not
dark samus has a phazon shield, samus does not
Samus and dark samus AINT the same person

the ONLY thing they have similair is the look and one part of the name, thats it, dark samus is samus main enemy in the prime saga, making the main enemy into an alt. costume is degrading...

majora_787

Smash Hero
*cough* DS is a metroid. Samus isn't. now let's compare attacks.

Samus--Dark Samus

Charge Shot--Phazon Scattershot
Screw Attacl--Phazon Meteor
Bomb--Phazon Boost
Missile--Phazon Shower

majora_787

Smash Hero
Phazon Scattershot and Phazon Meteor are the best options for Dark Samus's B attacks. Phazon Scattershot is just plain awesome, and Phazon Meteor is like the fire fox. both awesome.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dark Samus can own Samus, and Ridley can own Dark Samus. so we're talking about the thing that owns the thing ridley owns, but is still owned by Ridley.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I mean:

B move: Phazon charge shot
ONLY SIMILAIR MOVE TO SAMUS; this move will take longer than the average charge attack, but when fully charged, it counts for two massive phazon beams...

<>B move: Phazon scatter
WIll have a lag at first, but after executed, it wil lfire dozes of tiny phazon shots, if hit in close range (thus gettin hit by most of the shots) it will have knockback and do massive damage, and if hit from a far away distance, its viceversa...

Up B: Phazon Meteor
Would work similair to the fire fox, maybe a tad slower...

Down B: Phazon barrier
Will reflect projectiles, and make a force-field surronding dark samus til the attack ends...

See the moveset is easy, I bet sakurai can make something better...

BUT ridley deserves the shot more, GO RIDLEY!! RIDLEY ROX MY SOX OFF!!1!11one

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
DS owns Samus? Oh right. That's why Samus kicks her *** in Echoes. You make total sense.

Dark Samus sucks, she won't be in Brawl, this is a Ridley thread, STFU. No one give a flying f*ck about her moves, either, so STOP posting them.

D

Deleted member

I turn my head and this thread gains ten pages. Figures. Dark Samus and Ridley are indeed the only plausible candidates except Samus herself, but Ridley is more important. He's been in near every game and is the most persistent villain of the franchise. Dark Samus is the main villain of the 'Prime sub-series - and I think he'll die in 'Prime 3 as that is his last game. As with Skull Kid and 'Melee, 'Brawl is Dark Samus' last real chance at being in and yet he may be usurped by Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Look to my above post. Or gather that Ridley is what Ganondorf is to Skull Kid.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah, dark samus was just metroid prime with your stolen phazon suit. so it all boils down to the space pirates, which are ruled by ridley, so ridley created dark samus (even if it was indirectly) and gets in 100x before dark samus does.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Thank you Smash Daddy. Major 787 fails to realize the importance of Ridley in Metroid, for he has only played the Prime series. Dark Samus is nothing to Ridley. She is almost nothing to the Metroid series as a whole. She was in the Prime series, Japan doesn't care about the Prime series, so she won't be in Brawl.....

D

Deleted member

Well, let's not rule him out completely. He is the only character that Metroid has except from Ridley and Samus, and could easily be cloned from Samus.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well last time I check samus has the prime suit (YES SHE DOES, the lights on her suit were used in mp1), and sakurai stated he wants to better represent the metroid series for its lack of characters in the last 2 games, u think samus, zamus (being a transformation) and ridley would represent enough the series? cmon SF i bound to have 4 characters in brawl, and SF aitn as popular as Metroid...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Smash Bros. is a game about characters, not franchise representation. Metroid has just two major reoccuring characters: Samus and Ridley. No need to put in Dark Samus. We need to stop arguing about it, because this isn't the Dark Samus thread....

And Samus is modeled after her Zero Mission appearance. When Sakurai models a character after a certain game, he goes all out on it. Hence Zero Suit Samus, who only appeared for like 10 minutes of gameplay on a mediocre remake of the original Metroid. She shouldn't of been in the game. It takes away from Samus' mystique. And it also turns her into another sex object. Which pisses me off.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Hahahaha my god ur so wrong:

Dark samus is made of phazon samus isnt
That's just an aesthetic, like a costume is an aesthetic.

dark samus never touches the ground, thus floats, samus does not
Dark Samus does touch the ground though.:confused:

dark samus has a phazon shield, samus does not
Meh, that shield was nothing, they could just put it as the actual R-button shield.

Samus and dark samus AINT the same person
Yes, obviously, using a different character as a new costume/skin has been done before in games though, for example, see Mercenaries, also, look at Dr. Mario, a variant of Mario but still "Mario", would you say Two similar but seperate versions of one character is fine, but two similar characters as one, isn't?

dark samus has a spreader beam, samus doesnt
dark samus has a meteor dive attack, samus does not
That's true, but do we really need another character for two whole moves?

the ONLY thing they have similair is the look and one part of the name, thats it, dark samus is samus main enemy in the prime saga, making the main enemy into an alt. costume is degrading...
It's not really degrading, they made a main enemy of Metroid in Melee as cameo in a background which wasn't that bad.

D

Deleted member

As long as he doesn't take up a needed space, a Dark Samus clone of Samus would suit me. Metroid would then be set for the next game too, basically. Unless another character turns up in 3/4.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That's just an aesthetic, like a costume is an aesthetic.
Dark Samus does touch the ground though.:confused:
Meh, that shield was nothing, they could just put it as the actual R-button shield.
Yes, obviously, using a different character as a new costume/skin has been done before in games though, for example, see Mercenaries, also, look at Dr. Mario, a variant of Mario but still "Mario", would you say Two similar but seperate versions of one character is fine, but two similar characters as one, isn't?
That's true, but do we really need another character for two whole moves?
It's not really degrading, they made a main enemy of Metroid in Melee as cameo in a background which wasn't that bad.
sigh... you are so wrong.
dark samus doesn't have a screw attack, morph ball, zero suit dark samus, or missiles. dark samus has phazon and is a powerful floater. samus is a speedy strong fighter with long range. completly different, but if anyone here wants to discuss this further, put it on the dark samus for brawl thread, as this thread is for ridley.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Funny, we had this conversation like 10 pages ago, any talk about DS should really be on the DS thread, that's what it's there for. Arguments have already been made for both sides.

The only reason Ridley doesn't demolish Samus is because you play as Samus. Realistically, Ridley would rock Samus, if it weren't all a video game and the player had to be Samus. Metroid only needs a couple characters (I consider Samus and Zamus the same character) to represent their game, the two of them can hold their own by themselves against the rest of the competition. (Again, realistically, Ridley would own any character that is already in Smash, except Mewtwo).

Edit: My biggest fear is that they make him unbalanced and bad so noone wants to use him except hardcore Ridley fans who don't mind losing or hardcore players who have something to prove.

Caael

Smash Lord
Smash Bros. is a game about characters, not franchise representation. Metroid has just two major reoccuring characters: Samus and Ridley. No need to put in Dark Samus. We need to stop arguing about it, because this isn't the Dark Samus thread....

And Samus is modeled after her Zero Mission appearance. When Sakurai models a character after a certain game, he goes all out on it. Hence Zero Suit Samus, who only appeared for like 10 minutes of gameplay on a mediocre remake of the original Metroid. She shouldn't of been in the game. It takes away from Samus' mystique. And it also turns her into another sex object. Which pisses me off.
Samus lost her mystique when you complete the game. I like her in Brawl.

You are right though about going all out. Link was based off OoT in Melee, so they had te young link style, ganondorf style, zelda style....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom