• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Axe mangx, look at bowser, hes like what 10 times marios size? now look in melee/brawl... see the diference, kirby is supposed to be inches tal, and yet hes taller, size is NOT a factor for a character that has had multiple sizes:

ridley is one the most wanted character and his size is NOT a problem, besides sakurai HIMSELF said he wanted to better represent metroid, who better to add than samus's arch nemesis...
was bowser really that big in that game?! but anyway on topic, if Sakurai did in fact mention that then it's almost guaranteed that we WILL see him, as for size it would be perfect if he in fact appeared the size that he was in the Melee intro, I would PWN!! with Ridley
RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I'm still going to laugh at Gypsy so hard if he isnt in it or is a measley AT.

Again, as someone said before, Ridley is ALL airborne, whenever he goes to the ground, he goes right back up. Plus, when was I complaining about the size? Like? Ages ago? I understand they can fix the size, but Ridley will be **** if all he can do is stay in the air and eventually get tired... How the hell are you supposed to wavedash? -.-

I wish you guys would actually have an educated talk instead of flaming whenever you hear something bad about Ridley, that includes you Gypsy Lee.

Everyone must point flaws for a certain thing, and you must put a valid answer.

All your going like is like this for example:

Me: Well, I think Ridley is too huge, how are you supposed to desize him?
Gypsy: OMG WELL LOOK AT THIS PIC ISNT MARIO HUGE OMGOMGOMGOMGOM

Exactaly. This isnt Ridley for SSB (Educated Conversations not wanted).

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm still going to laugh at Gypsy so hard if he isnt in it or is a measley AT.

Again, as someone said before, Ridley is ALL airborne, whenever he goes to the ground, he goes right back up. Plus, when was I complaining about the size? Like? Ages ago? I understand they can fix the size, but Ridley will be **** if all he can do is stay in the air and eventually get tired... How the hell are you supposed to wavedash? -.-

I wish you guys would actually have an educated talk instead of flaming whenever you hear something bad about Ridley, that includes you Gypsy Lee.

Everyone must point flaws for a certain thing, and you must put a valid answer.

All your going like is like this for example:

Me: Well, I think Ridley is too huge, how are you supposed to desize him?
Gypsy: OMG WELL LOOK AT THIS PIC ISNT MARIO HUGE OMGOMGOMGOMGOM

Exactaly. This isnt Ridley for SSB (Educated Conversations not wanted).
Dude... I've been looking for nothing but discussion. :( I'm the only one hasn't flamed either...

axemangx

Smash Champion
O D I N, I wasnt angry at you, I was angry at the fact that Gypsy cant get through one complaint without making something COMPLETELY off the point of my posts. Plus, I wouldnt care my butt if Ridley is PT, I'm just saying I really would laugh because all of the Ridley supporters, not because I "despise" him, I just have my complaints, and nobody seems to completly answer without making some stupid phrase and throwing something off the topic into the mix of the post.

I wasnt even arguing.. I was making a complaint, and I wanted a simple answer how it can be fixed.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
omeone said before, Ridley is ALL airborne, whenever he goes to the ground, he goes right back up. Plus, when was I complaining about the size? Like? Ages ago? I understand they can fix the size, but Ridley will be **** if all he can do is stay in the air and eventually get tired... How the hell are you supposed to wavedash? -.-
What wavedashing has to do with flying, I have no idea.

So? He flies a lot. But what does that have to do with him being playable in Brawl? He's a biped, he can walk and punch and kick like a human. He'll have no problem fighting on land. I'll post a moveset I made if you'd like, but I'm warning you, it's long.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
O D I N, I wasnt angry at you, I was angry at the fact that Gypsy cant get through one complaint without making something COMPLETELY off the point of my posts. Plus, I wouldnt care my butt if Ridley is PT, I'm just saying I really would laugh because all of the Ridley supporters, not because I "despise" him, I just have my complaints, and nobody seems to completly answer without making some stupid phrase and throwing something off the topic into the mix of the post.

I wasnt even arguing.. I was making a complaint, and I wanted a simple answer how it can be fixed.
You'll have to excuse my short response: Wii post+lazy=loss

Anyway, what's the biggest gripe you have with Ridley being a PC?

axemangx

Smash Champion
My biggest gripe is the fact that Ridley would seem unoriginal with his slashes and tail whips.

Only original thing would probally be the wing hitting and stuff.

I posted a long back alot of single moves that would be taken from a character and it'd be pretty much the same thing.

Exactaly, cant we actually point the flaws for Ridley JUST FOR ONCE?

Think about the good, think about the bad. Its fun to have arguements about it.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Ridley has no flaws.

Second, the unoriginal argument fails in almost every imaginable way. Are there any heavy weight, large, flying characters in Brawl? He has the ability to shoot fireballs, plasma beams, turn invisible, slash with his tail, attack with his wings, bite with his jaws, swipe with his claws, and kick with his feet, and dash at blistering speed.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
My biggest gripe is the fact that Ridley would seem unoriginal with his slashes and tail whips.

Only original thing would probally be the wing hitting and stuff.

I posted a long back alot of single moves that would be taken from a character and it'd be pretty much the same thing.

Exactaly, cant we actually point the flaws for Ridley JUST FOR ONCE?

Think about the good, think about the bad. Its fun to have arguements about it.
Arguements<Discussion. ;)

I can see why the swipes and tail would seem unoriginal. But there hasn't been a character who relies upon his tail and wings. Personally, I think he'd make little use of those arms, using the tail and wings more.

Ridley also has a variety of projectiles available to him, on top of (assumed) long reach (long body, longer tail). This would certainly make him a very versatile character. Sorry if i missed something...

[/WiiJohn]

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Allright, Gypsy and axemangx, enough of the arguing. No, screw that, Gypsy is winning. This should be interesting.

Originally posted by Gypsy Lee
Ridley has no flaws.

Second, the unoriginal argument fails in almost every imaginable way. Are there any heavy weight, large, flying characters in Brawl? He has the ability to shoot fireballs, plasma beams, turn invisible, slash with his tail, attack with his wings, bite with his jaws, swipe with his claws, and kick with his feet, and dash at blistering speed.
QTF. Ridley is definitely original. He doesn't need to rely on his tail. I've never even seen him use it til' right now while I was fighting him in Prime. He has his own original moves, and he's not always airborne. Like Gypsy said, he's a biped. The only possible way of him flying in Brawl would be his special up move.

Did he fly at all in the first Metroid game? No, seriously did he? I haven't encountered him yet.

@Odin: You missed nothing as far as I know. What could be Ridley's flaw anyway? Be too big? Most members covered that.

EDIT: Stop arguing, axemangx. Just forget the argument, and have a friendly conversation.

*coughridleyisbalancedcough*

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Allright, Gypsy and axemangx, enough of the arguing. No, screw that, Gypsy is winning. This should be interesting.

QTF. Ridley is definitely original. He doesn't need to rely on his tail. I've never even seen him use it til' right now while I was fighting him in Prime. He has his own original moves, and he's not always airborne. Like Gypsy said, he's a biped. The only possible way of him flying in Brawl would be his special up move.

Did he fly at all in the first Metroid game? No, seriously did he? I haven't encountered him yet.

@Odin: You missed nothing as far as I know. What could be Ridley's flaw anyway? Be too big? Most members covered that.

EDIT: Stop arguing, axemangx. Just forget the argument, and have a friendly conversation.

*coughridleyisbalancedcough*

He used the tail in Zero Mission. I know. @#$%ing thing wouldn't stop hitting me... X_X

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the only problem is school is starting soon, so not many people will be posting in here anymore. this thread is gonna drift slowly. that or stay the same because no one else is posting in other threads

Ridley for Brawl!

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Just be sure to get one before December 3rd. Cuz, I think that's when... something... or other... happens. :p

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well I hope I'll be able to get the game.
*sips some orange juice*
Pretty tired.. I've had school for a while now (Aug. 1st)

I can't hardly keep up after a night of sleep and a day of school.

-Onyx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom