• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Was that supposed to be a comeback? We're OLD?
Seriously, you shouldnt think about like, "OH RIDLEY IS SO AWESOME AND ORIGINAL"

Think about him in Brawl. Seriously. I really dont wanna see this Lizard-On-Steroids in Brawl, I'd rather see Barry Bonds in Brawl then Ridley.
I can see him in brawl... and I don't see any shortcomings. What, are you afraid he'll be too powerful?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Wtf?? Since when does Dragon = pet??

And DK isn't a monkey, he's an APE. Get your facts straight.

I guess we dont need a hedgehog either huh?

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
So you guys really don't care too much about my comic... Anyway just in case people just missed it.

I did it on Adobe Photo Deluxe and then saved the individual pics to a file. I thought It saved the pics but it saved the link to Adobe Photo Deluxe with the pics. Is there a way I can upload them or copy and paste them?

Or is it just for printing, if so how do the pros make sprite comics?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So you guys really don't care too much about my comic... Anyway just in case people just missed it.

I did it on Adobe Photo Deluxe and then saved the individual pics to a file. I thought It saved the pics but it saved the link to Adobe Photo Deluxe with the pics. Is there a way I can upload them or copy and paste them?

Or is it just for printing, if so how do the pros make sprite comics?
I must've missed it. Link please?

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'm against Ridley being in Brawl, but if he is, it's not like I'm going to disown the game. I stand by the fact that he is a GIANT FLYING dragon,. The creature we see in the Melee intro I didn't even think was Ridley until I saw people wanting him in a Smash game, I just though it was some purple dragon thing.

He is too big: Besides the original Metroid He has been around 5x the size of Samus.
Though Browser is suppose to be a 'GIANT' his sizes has always been changing through every Mario game from the size of Mario to the size of the empire state building, . Ridley though, has always been a big dragon capable of flying through space.

My second problem is that Ridley flies. Sure Pit flies, Kirby flies, Chariziod flies, but Ridley's main purpose of movement is to fly around, and when he does land, he usually just stands around to fly away again. How will this work in Smash, where there is a limited amount of 'jumps' a character has, I don't know.

There is NO problems coming up for moves for him, heck they made unique move set for Caption Falcon, and he's been in a car until Melee. I got no problem if he's in Brawl at all I just can't see him as a playable character, an AT 'very yes'

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Personally I'm against Ridley being in Brawl, but if he is, it's not like I'm going to disown the game. I stand by the fact that he is a GIANT FLYING dragon,. The creature we see in the Melee intro I didn't even think was Ridley until I saw people wanting him in a Smash game, I just though it was some purple dragon thing.

He is too big: Besides the original Metroid He has been around 5x the size of Samus.
Wrong buddy.

Ridley is about Samus' size in the original Metroid for the NES. Gypsy, post a screenshot please? I can't google image here... -_-

You know what? Since you Ridley fanboys cant stand bad opinions, I will leave, only because you cant get to the point.
I never said I couldn't. I'm always up for discussion. I'm just at work, and sometimes my speeches have to be cut short.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
You know what? Since you Ridley fanboys cant stand bad opinions, I will leave, only because you cant get to the point.
What point? That you're ****ing ******** and your arguments don't make any sense. Go ahead, GTFO, it's not like we wanted you here in the first place.

OMFG!! /\/\@r!0 15 too B!9 7o b3 !|\| z G/-\Me!!111!eleven!!!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Wrong buddy.

Ridley is about Samus' size in the original Metroid for the NES. Gypsy, post a screenshot please? I can't google image here... -_-

I never said I couldn't. I'm always up for discussion. I'm just at work, and sometimes my speeches have to be cut short.
Okay, let's not start a flame war here... :(

7300th post! ^_^ :konfetti: >_> :urg:
Eh.. sorry. I'm not in the mood for intelligent debate, so I just resorted to flaming.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Eh.. sorry. I'm not in the mood for intelligent debate, so I just resorted to flaming.
Thanks for the screenshots. There's a screenshot from Metroid NES that I had in mind, where Ridley is pretty much the same size as Samus. Though the Super Metroid cover works too. ;)

Ridley was buffed up for Prime, since they wanted dynamic, dramatic, "OMFG it's a giant dragon! Run!" feel to it.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
eep oh no a dragon what ever will i do............i know i will shoot the obvises yellow mark on his chest

now i know why meta-ridley wouldnt be a good char

RIDLEY $ BRAWL!!!!!!!!

(this isnt meant to offend anyone)

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Wrong buddy.

Fully quote me if you wanna disagree

Though Browser is suppose to be a 'GIANT' his sizes has always been changing through every Mario game from the size of Mario to the size of the empire state building, . Ridley though, has always been a big dragon capable of flying through space.
I'm saying besides ONE NES game he's always been bigger than Samus. Unlike other character who size differs in MANY games. Recently he's been seen with Samus IN his mouth getting shot by her arm cannon.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
eep oh no a dragon what ever will i do............i know i will shoot the obvises yellow mark on his chest

now i know why meta-ridley wouldnt be a good char

RIDLEY $ BRAWL!!!!!!!!

(this isnt meant to offend anyone)
Ridley $ Brawl? Like a Ridley knife fight??

I'll put $25 on Metroid Fusion Ridley. :chuckle:

j/k. He'd lose.

Fully quote me if you wanna disagree

I'm saying besides ONE NES game he's always been bigger than Samus. Unlike other character who size differs in MANY games. Recently he's been seen with Samus IN his mouth getting shot by her arm cannon.

My apologies, I was in a hurry at the time.

As I said, Ridley was larger starting with Prime. As Gypsy posted, in the 2-D realm, he's been roughly the same size as Samus. Scaling him down a little won't hurt.

Look at Bowser from Super Mario 64. Guy was huge. They scaled him down. Could do the same thing for Ridley, when you compare shots from Mario on the NES. Bowser was only a little bigger than mario.

I thought the same thing too, to be honest. "Ridley is too big, it couldn't work", or something to that effect. I think there's a lot of potential in Ridley, and if anyone can make it work, it's Sakurai.

I know I'm missing more, I'll come back.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Im so sick of the ridly is too big argument its oviously a stupid argument as he could be downsized however you look at it.

Shuma

Smash Hero

You know, Ridley isn't nearly as big as bowser, the largest he has been was in Prime and even then bowser has been bigger in many games.

In the 2d games Ridley has always been around the size of Samus, you could also google Metroid Manga and see how ridley is not a giant.

He's bigger in prime because of the cibernetic enchancements, and he's not even ridley, he's "meta"-Ridley.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yep, i think you find the log on pedrhana.

Aniway i was reading about Ridley in Brawl(around google) and someone sayd that Ridley wasn't in melee 'cause sakurai though the char would be "cheap" is this true?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Ridley Theme Tune!!!

I've been kicking *** since the dawn of time.
Im just a killing beast who has reached his killing prime.
I kill and I plunder as it soothes my desire.
Weapon of choice is great balls of Fire.

Chorus
So why i ask,this doesn't make much sense.
That a beast of my power,is so much dense.
May what i enquire, what was Nintendo thinking on that day.
They will surely have to PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY NAME IS RIDLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was treated like crap at the beginning of my career.
Untill my new look made many people cheer.
Soon my power will be completed.
As I make my nemises deleted.

Chorus

I will be top tier.
As my enemies lie in fear.
My new apperance will not fall.
As i am gonna kick *** in the BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chorus
MY NAME IS RIDLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............

That was fun....:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom