• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I could tell you that you're good, but i'm going to enjoy my moment of Glory.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Jesus! Everyone is so damm good.

I r teh suxxorz :urg:
Practice dude!!!

Read tutorials. Practice something everyday. Look at other peoples work, and try to figure out how they did it. Example: Look at everything in my sig, and try to tell me what I did to it. :) Trying to help you out. More than happy to.

And this is on topic, cause Ridley is my sig. ^^ Ridley for Brawl!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Practice dude!!!

Read tutorials. Practice something everyday. Look at other peoples work, and try to figure out how they did it. Example: Look at everything in my sig, and try to tell me what I did to it. :) Trying to help you out. More than happy to.

And this is on topic, cause Ridley is my sig. ^^ Ridley for Brawl!
-Clouds (Purple and Pink)
-Ridley (Soft Light or low opacity)
-Ridley Copy (Sharpened and the wings erased)
-Hyper Beam (Fancy Paintbrush)
-Light Source (Big Soft White Paintbrush)
-Text (Soft Light or low opacity with an outer glow or drop shadow)
-Gradient Map (Soft Light or low opacity)
-Border

Well, I tried. Probably way off, considering I don't know much, especially the advanced stuff.

And yes, I'll practice. Once I finish all the Ridley related sigs and banners of course. ;) Thanks for the help.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Gannon and C.Falcon are very diffrent, but have the same abilities.
Can't believe I missed this....

GANNON-BANNED!!!!

Much better. ^_^

-Clouds (Purple and Pink)
-Ridley (Soft Light or low opacity)
-Ridley Copy (Sharpened and the wings erased)
-Hyper Beam (Fancy Paintbrush)
-Light Source (Big Soft White Paintbrush)
-Text (Soft Light or low opacity with an outer glow or drop shadow)
-Gradient Map (Soft Light or low opacity)
-Border

Well, I tried. Probably way off, considering I don't know much, especially the advanced stuff.

And yes, I'll practice. Once I finish all the Ridley related sigs and banners of course. ;) Thanks for the help.
Okay, here's how this sig was made...

Background; Fill black

1)Add a render of Ridley. Resized to about 4x it's original size. I then positioned it so that the wings came to a nice "V" in the middle. Smudged the hell out of it.
2) Duplicated that layer twice. Left the original layer on normal. Layer 2 on Linear Dodge. Layer 3 is Overlay at 60%.
3) Add the original render at the size I need it. Duped it 5 times. Hide all layers except bottom most render.
4) Smudge bottom render.
5) Unhide next layer; smudge; set to Linear dodge.
6) Same as 5, except Luminosity
7) Same, except Overlay
8) Unhide render. Erase/smudge the edges for blending.
9) Brushed in a "beam". Duped; set top layer to overlay.
10) New Layer. #00px soft brush set to white. Added light source above Ridley.
11) Layer>new Layer. Image>Apply image. Filter>Sharpen>Sharpen. Set layer to Lighten.
12)New Layer. Apply image. Adjustments>Gradient map. Black and white grad. map. Set to 20% opacity, on Normal
13) Added Color Balance. Don't remember the values. Just experiment.
14) New layer. Apply image. Filter>Blur>Gaussian blur. Set to 1.9. Set layer to lighten.
15) Add text.
16) For the border, I did new layer. Select all. Edit>Stroke. 3px black stroke. Then 2px White stroke. Then 1px black stroke. Set layer to soft light.

And done!

I've used this style from a tutorial I got off of Guildinn. You're improving nicely Gypsy. Keep it up! ^_^ I still like that sig I made you a lot (Samus sig).

What's the font for these mini SSBB tags? :confused:

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Can't believe I missed this....

GANNON-BANNED!!!!

Much better. ^_^

Okay, here's how this sig was made...

Background; Fill black

1)Add a render of Ridley. Resized to about 4x it's original size. I then positioned it so that the wings came to a nice "V" in the middle. Smudged the hell out of it.
2) Duplicated that layer twice. Left the original layer on normal. Layer 2 on Linear Dodge. Layer 3 is Overlay at 60%.
3) Add the original render at the size I need it. Duped it 5 times. Hide all layers except bottom most render.
4) Smudge bottom render.
5) Unhide next layer; smudge; set to Linear dodge.
6) Same as 5, except Luminosity
7) Same, except Overlay
8) Unhide render. Erase/smudge the edges for blending.
9) Brushed in a "beam". Duped; set top layer to overlay.
10) New Layer. #00px soft brush set to white. Added light source above Ridley.
11) Layer>new Layer. Image>Apply image. Filter>Sharpen>Sharpen. Set layer to Lighten.
12)New Layer. Apply image. Adjustments>Gradient map. Black and white grad. map. Set to 20% opacity, on Normal
13) Added Color Balance. Don't remember the values. Just experiment.
14) New layer. Apply image. Filter>Blur>Gaussian blur. Set to 1.9. Set layer to lighten.
15) Add text.
16) For the border, I did new layer. Select all. Edit>Stroke. 3px black stroke. Then 2px White stroke. Then 1px black stroke. Set layer to soft light.

And done!

I've used this style from a tutorial I got off of Guildinn. You're improving nicely Gypsy. Keep it up! ^_^ I still like that sig I made you a lot (Samus sig).

What's the font for these mini SSBB tags? :confused:
What program did you use to do that?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Random thought: although Charzard in no way hurts Ridley's chances of being playable in Brawl, I think it does hurt his chances of being the next confirmed newcomer. Call me crazy, but I don't think we'll see two dragon-esque characters in a row. My theory: we'll see someone like Olimar or Metakight to mix things up. But after that? Ridley time!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
What point? That you're ****ing ******** and your arguments don't make any sense. Go ahead, GTFO, it's not like we wanted you here in the first place.

OMFG!! /\/\@r!0 15 too B!9 7o b3 !|\| z G/-\Me!!111!eleven!!!

Thats a freaking abillity. >_>

Your sarcasm isnt exactaly humorous.

I will completly laugh at this threat as it plummets as Ridley becomes an AT. :chuckle:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Its the official month of metroid, so Im hoping sakurai does confirm one new Metroid character, IDC which, ridley, dark samus, sylux, weavel... rundas?...

but ridley deserves the shot before any of the others...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I believe he might reveal us a new metroid stage when the game releases later this month, but I'm not so sure he is willing to reveal Ridley yet, imo it would still be too early, maybe closer to the release date like in October or November, but then we wouldn't want to wait that long for his confirmation, & when that day comes I'm sure this thread is gonna crash and is gonna have like 20+ post per minute

Stryks

Smash Hero

Axe mangx, look at bowser, hes like what 10 times marios size? now look in melee/brawl... see the diference, kirby is supposed to be inches tal, and yet hes taller, size is NOT a factor for a character that has had multiple sizes:

Look at ridley in the melee intro, hes just a tad bigger than samus, now what if they used that size in brawl?ZOMG HE CAN B PLAY ABLE!1!!!1one!11eleven11

but for character that have bveen almost always incredibly huge like kraid, thats kinda impossbile, besides see his size in the brinstar depths stage...

ridley is one the most wanted character and his size is NOT a problem, besides sakurai HIMSELF said he wanted to better represent metroid, who better to add than samus's arch nemesis...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Thats a freaking abillity. >_>

Your sarcasm isnt exactaly humorous.

I will completly laugh at this threat as it plummets as Ridley becomes an AT. :chuckle:
Take your lame since of humor and your biased half ***ed opinions and arguments and go elsewhere.

Of being the next announced character? How so?
I was talking about this:

Random thought: although Charzard in no way hurts Ridley's chances of being playable in Brawl
Who thought it hurts Ridley's chances? It actually helps slay many bad noob arguments.

HE'S 700 B!9!

Charizard is too big.

NO PETS!! DRAGONS AINT BE IN BRAWL!! IM A NOOB!!

Charizard is in Brawl.

THEY CN'T ANIMTE TEH WINGS! DEY TOO B!9!!!

Charizard's wings look pretty fine to me.

IM A GAI NOOB!!

Yes, yes you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom