• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Man, all of you people came out of no where. The thread was dead for a while, then all of a sudden, like 10 people come and...BAM!

Care to make the 6000 jump in a few hours? :p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think I'm going to buy Metroid Prime 3 just so I can experience a Ridley fight.

Is that so wrong?

(Did that preview that apparently came out on te Wii Shop Channel have any Ridley in it?)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I think I'm going to buy Metroid Prime 3 just so I can experience a Ridley fight.

Is that so wrong?

(Did that preview that apparently came out on te Wii Shop Channel have any Ridley in it?)
Not yet. There's a sort of trailer select screen, and right now, only two things are unlocked. When next week comes, two more will become available and so on. Today we have a really cool new trailer and a battle scene on a bridge.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Should I buy a Wii? :confused: I have yet to get one...:(
Why SHOULDN'T you buy a Wii, is the better question.

Games that are out that make the Wii worth it:

Legend of Zelda: TP
Wii Sports (comes with the system)
RE4
Mario Party 8(pretty fun)
WarioWare

Some of those are pretty big party games, so if you're playing solo, hold off a little bit.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I just got Mario strikers, It pretty fantastic, but man you get so into the game you get angry....really, angry.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well if you want to play Brawl it's probably advisory. Though if there are no title's you're interested in currently I wouldn't rush out to get one, unless they are still hard to get hold of.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman

RE4
WarioWare

Some of those are pretty big party games, so if you're playing solo, hold off a little bit.
Zelda is good if you like zelda games.
Wario ware is pretty fun.
RE4 is good but you can get it for cube or PS2 or PC
mario paty eight is awfull... 5 and 2 were the best.
wii sports you will get bored of very quickly.
so not really worth getting YET but smash will be worth getting it alone.
Aslo umbrella Chronicles looks pretty sweet.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Get a Wii Grim. You know you want Metroid Prime 3. And seeing as how it's a Metroid game, you probably won't finish it until Galaxy is released. And you won't finish that until Brawl is released. So, there you go. Buy a Wii. They're only $150, so it's not like you're blowing a ton of money.

Plus, I need someone to play Strikers with :(.

007flash

Smash Journeyman
The last person to say Ridley for Brawl doesn't want Ridley in Brawl.

Ridley for Brawl!

Wreked

Smash Lord
I've only enjoyed two games from my wii so far.
Zelda and Wii Sports.
Wii Sports is fun for the first month you have it. The only reason I still have it is because it's a lot of fun to play with friends and family who have never played a Wii before.

And can you guys help me out? I can't decide whether to buy Galaxy or Metroid. I could probaly only afford three games this year and Brawl and Guitar Hero are the two i'm most looking forward too.
I'm thinking of getting Galaxy because it seems like Super Mario Sunshine and I liked that game. But on the other hand i've never played a Metroid game before. Well I rented echoes but not went past the first boss.

So using your guys opinion, which should I get?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
heh, I knew I'd get a big response out of that.

RE4
WarioWare

I have TP for GC and have beat it...twice. Not sure I want to spend $50 for the same game.
Wii Sports is good, but no one is around right now to play it with. Same with Wario Wario.

I just got Mario strikers, It pretty fantastic, but man you get so into the game you get angry....really, angry.
erg...Not really into Soccer/Strikers.

Well if you want to play Brawl it's probably advisory. Though if there are no title's you're interested in currently I wouldn't rush out to get one, unless they are still hard to get hold of.
Yeah, I know. I have Brawl on reserve right now.

Get a Wii Grim. You know you want Metroid Prime 3. And seeing as how it's a Metroid game, you probably won't finish it until Galaxy is released. And you won't finish that until Brawl is released. So, there you go. Buy a Wii. They're only $150, so it's not like you're blowing a ton of money.

Plus, I need someone to play Strikers with :(.
I thought they were $250..:confused: But yeah, MP3 and Galaxy, plus Brawl...

I mostly just wanted to see what kind of reaction I'd get. Well, now I know. Here's a question, though: What games would you need multiple Nunchucks in addition to multiple remotes? I don't want to buy more than I would need...

I've only enjoyed two games from my wii so far.
Zelda and Wii Sports.
Wii Sports is fun for the first month you have it. The only reason I still have it is because it's a lot of fun to play with friends and family who have never played a Wii before.

And can you guys help me out? I can't decide whether to buy Galaxy or Metroid. I could probaly only afford three games this year and Brawl and Guitar Hero are the two i'm most looking forward too.
I'm thinking of getting Galaxy because it seems like Super Mario Sunshine and I liked that game. But on the other hand i've never played a Metroid game before. Well I rented echoes but not went past the first boss.

So using your guys opinion, which should I get?
Honestly, I'd say get Galaxy. Only problem is that you have less time to play it before Brawl. I say Galaxy, though, because I'd advice you to play through the first two Prime games for GC first before playing MP3. You can get those two pretty cheap now, too.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Don't get guitar hero and get the other two instead... seriously if you can only get three games a year why waste it on a er... party/puzzle(?) game?

And i watched that MP3 Wii thing (Both trailers) on youtube and i saw Ridley hanging from something.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Don't get guitar hero and get the other two instead... seriously if you can only get three games a year why waste it on a er... party/puzzle(?) game?

And i watched that MP3 Wii thing (Both trailers) on youtube and i saw Ridley hanging from something.
Links please?

Wreked

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'd say get Galaxy. Only problem is that you have less time to play it before Brawl. I say Galaxy, though, because I'd advice you to play through the first two Prime games for GC first before playing MP3. You can get those two pretty cheap now, too.
But that's one of the problems of getting MP3. I would be completely lost on the storyline. I know nothing about Phazon, Dark Samus, and other stuff. And I wouldn't have the paitence to play both MP games just to play MP3. I don't know. But Galaxy comes out early november so that would keep me occupied until Brawl. And Guitar Hero comes out late November. So I would be set until Brawl. And if I didn't have something to do 1 month before Brawl then I would go crazy.

Wreked

Smash Lord

But Guitar Hero looks really fun to me. My sister's ex brought it over one day and my whole family enjoyed it. And I have people at my house a lot so it would be a fun party game too. The only downside is that it will set me back 90 bucks.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
But that's one of the problems of getting MP3. I would be completely lost on the storyline. I know nothing about Phazon, Dark Samus, and other stuff. And I wouldn't have the paitence to play both MP games just to play MP3. I don't know. But Galaxy comes out early november so that would keep me occupied until Brawl. And Guitar Hero comes out late November. So I would be set until Brawl. And if I didn't have something to do 1 month before Brawl then I would go crazy.
Go for Galaxy instead of MP3. While you wait for November, try to play through Prime 1 at least. Don't rush it. Just buy Prime 3 when you get around to it. Who knows? Maybe there will be a price drop by then.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I'm thinking of getting Metroid Prime. Which is the best game to get?
The first one is the only one that actually feels like the Metroid universe. The second gets carried too far away from the Metroids, Pirates, elemental beams, etc. Actually, Echoes just flat out blows.

It's a Metroid game. It doesn't have a story line. Buy it. Play it. Love it.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The first one is the only one that actually feels like the Metroid universe. The second gets carried too far away from the Metroids, Pirates, elemental beams, etc. Actually, Echoes just flat out blows.
Echoes doesn't blow. >_>

It's just the middle part of a trilogy. Those always struggle with fans. Just look at Empire Strikes Back. People just have trouble with those humps. Echoes had it's moments.

edit: Technically, it isn't a part of the Metroid universe, right? I mean, the Metroids aren't native to there. Aether isn't exactly Zebes or Tallon IV.

007flash

Smash Journeyman
Why was Ridley hideous in the first metroid game/comics?

PS: Kraid was also very small compared to how he is now.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
It did? I don't know, I never got passed the gawd damm spider ball boss thing. I got irritated and quit. I should finish it...
Ah, this explains it all. What's with you and quitting games? You're just like my little bro. He's yet to beat Majora's Mask, Pikmin, or Mario 64...

That spider ball boss wasn't that hard. :p You should see the Quadraxis boss...now that was fun.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Echoes doesn't blow. >_>

It's just the middle part of a trilogy. Those always struggle with fans. Just look at Empire Strikes Back. People just have trouble with those humps. Echoes had it's moments.

edit: Technically, it isn't a part of the Metroid universe, right? I mean, the Metroids aren't native to there. Aether isn't exactly Zebes or Tallon IV.
Whoa whoa whoa WHOA!!!! You did NOT just say Empire sucked...

Empire was the best movie out of all 6. Also the darkest (next in line would be Revenge of the Sith, best of the prequels anyway). Empire was so @#$%ing good...

**** it... now you're getting me into a Star Wars mood... -_- Thanks grim...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Ah, this explains it all. What's with you and quitting games? You're just like my little bro. He's yet to beat Majora's Mask, Pikmin, or Mario 64...

That spider ball boss wasn't that hard. :p You should see the Quadraxis boss...now that was fun.
I just lost to it a few times, then got irritated and put Smash back in. I haven't felt like playing it again since then. Besides, it wasn't that fun anyway. It was basically the first Prime game, but stripped of everything that made it good (which was the Metroid universe and weapons and Metroids in full 3D). Hunters blew even harder (borrowed a friend's DS and played it). And the Pinball game was fun, but just wasn't Metroid. I could go on all day about how bad the Prime series is and why I hate it so much.

And BTW, Twilight Princess and Echoes were the only games I quit. And I just recently bought TP again and beat it. It was disappointing to say the least.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Whoa whoa whoa WHOA!!!! You did NOT just say Empire sucked...

Empire was the best movie out of all 6. Also the darkest (next in line would be Revenge of the Sith, best of the prequels anyway). Empire was so @#$%ing good...

**** it... now you're getting me into a Star Wars mood... -_- Thanks grim...
I knew someone was going to say that. My point is that most people you talk to will say they liked the original or RotJ best. Few will say they like ESB. Personally, I liked it, but...I'm talking about most people. It's just those middles. ones. Ah, oh well...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I just lost to it a few times, then got irritated and put Smash back in. I haven't felt like playing it again since then. Besides, it wasn't that fun anyway. It was basically the first Prime game, but stripped of everything that made it good (which was the Metroid universe and weapons and Metroids in full 3D). Hunters blew even harder (borrowed a friend's DS and played it). And the Pinball game was fun, but just wasn't Metroid. I could go on all day about how bad the Prime series is and why I hate it so much.

And BTW, Twilight Princess and Echoes were the only games I quit. And I just recently bought TP again and beat it. It was disappointing to say the least.
There are Metroids in Echoes. I'm surprised you let that stop you anyway. The hardest Metroid is the original, and you beat that, right? I got to Norfair or something and I just got completely lost, and I kept getting my percent to go down really fast because of these rooms that had non-stop enemies that would just tear you apart and give you no health...I stopped after that because I just flat couldn't get past it.

I don't know how you can say TP was disappointing. *sigh* ...whatever. I liked it. I even beat it again on the 3-heart challenge. That was quite amusing.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I knew someone was going to say that. My point is that most people you talk to will say they liked the original or RotJ best. Few will say they like ESB. Personally, I liked it, but...I'm talking about most people. It's just those middles. ones. Ah, oh well...

Most "middles" are pretty lame, I'll agree.

But why'd you have to use Empire? Couldn't you have used Pirates?? Or Halo 2?

All Jedi had was a bunch of muppets.
Someone had better get this refrence... >_>

Nergal

Smash Journeyman

Quadraxis was inredible (& big). Also, the original was the hardest, especially Kraid, but still beatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom