• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I need to buy me a DS. NOW. Srsly, I need a true Metroid sequel. It's been what? Six years since the last installment (Fusion).

And I cannot wait until Super Metroid for the Virtual Console. It was slated to be available before February, but apparently they were delaying it so that they could use it later to build hype for Prime 3. This is a great month for Metroid fans.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I need to buy me a DS. NOW. Srsly, I need a true Metroid sequel. It's been what? Six years since the last installment (Fusion).

And I cannot wait until Super Metroid for the Virtual Console. It was slated to be available before February, but apparently they were delaying it so that they could use it later to build hype for Prime 3. This is a great month for Metroid fans.
Zero Mission came out since then...:confused: Unless you mean an entirely new installment.

Yeah, I'm glad I have a DS, even if I only have a handful of games for it. There will be enough good ones to make it worth it, such as Phantom Hourglass and a new Metroid game.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Every time I buy a handheld though, Nintendo comes out with an upgraded version or an entirely new system. I held out from getting a GameBoy Advance, and I thought it payed off when I bought the SP. Then, four months later, the GameBoy Micro came out. I always get screwed over that way, so that's why I'm trying not to buy a DS just yet.

Anyway, no Grim, Zero Mission was a remake. A very good remake, yes, but still a remake. I'm waiting for something with a whole new story that's actually canon. Stupid Metroid Prime. They pulled the old "put it in between two games and make up a story so we don't have to stick with the current plot." I'm curious to see how Ridley goes back to looking normal in Super Metroid.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You sir, are FTW. That's what I've been saying for the last couple of years.

We know 2-d Side-scrollers can work on the DS (Castlevania anyone?).
You sir are FTW. Seriously i loved Castlevania Dawn of sorrow it was great! and the Prime games are great but seriously i not only NEED a new 2D one for the DS (But without Touch screen control) but i want the story to continue because come on what happens in the war after fusion? (But maybe a few more space battles!).

And sadly i don't know when i can get PH even though im an Uber Zelda fan my DS touch screen is broken so... anyone know how i can get it fixed?

O well better get another copy of Fusion (I have played it in years due to losing game cartridge) and buy Zero mission and make a few comics about Ridley ; )

Actually now i think about it Sora should be in over Ridley...

(O god i HATE i hate Kingdom hearts!!!)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@gypsy

same here, i buy the original DS, and the lite is released. what is this ****?
next time, i'll wait for at least the third version of the next handheld system before i spend any of my money.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Every time I buy a handheld though, Nintendo comes out with an upgraded version or an entirely new system. I held out from getting a GameBoy Advance, and I thought it payed off when I bought the SP. Then, four months later, the GameBoy Micro came out. I always get screwed over that way, so that's why I'm trying not to buy a DS just yet.
Yeah, but they still all play Gameboy games. In truth...you should have just waited (heh heh) for the DS because it plays every hand-held game there ever was.

Anyway, no Grim, Zero Mission was a remake. A very good remake, yes, but still a remake. I'm waiting for something with a whole new story that's actually canon. Stupid Metroid Prime. They pulled the old "put it in between two games and make up a story so we don't have to stick with the current plot." I'm curious to see how Ridley goes back to looking normal in Super Metroid.
I'd be curious to see that, too...

@gypsy

same here, i buy the original DS, and the lite is released. what is this ****?
next time, i'll wait for at least the third version of the next handheld system before i spend any of my money.
Yeah, same here...at least I got a red one, though...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah, but they still all play Gameboy games. In truth...you should have just waited (heh heh) for the DS because it plays every hand-held game there ever was.

not gb color or original... thats why i kept my sp

Yeah, same here...at least I got a red one, though...

i bought mine about a month before the lite came out, so there were no reds left :(
my words are in red, too lazy to quote separately.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Ridley is turning back to normal, or at least it won't be adressed. >_>

(Though he does look more organic in Prime 2 than he did in Prime 1, IMO)
He wasn't in Prime 2. Space Pirates had a small role in that game.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'd really like to see more addressed with the actual Metroids in the next game because they've been discussed very little in the Prime series; they mostly deal with the Space Pirates and Phazon...I mean, if Samus in the next game (according to the timeline) is supposed to go to SR388 and wipe out the whole race, you'd like to know why. That's another reason why'd I'd really like to see a more in-depth version for a remake of Return of Samus.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Eww... GBMicro... :shudder:

You sir are FTW. Seriously i loved Castlevania Dawn of sorrow it was great! and the Prime games are great but seriously i not only NEED a new 2D one for the DS (But without Touch screen control) but i want the story to continue because come on what happens in the war after fusion? (But maybe a few more space battles!).

And sadly i don't know when i can get PH even though im an Uber Zelda fan my DS touch screen is broken so... anyone know how i can get it fixed?

O well better get another copy of Fusion (I have played it in years due to losing game cartridge) and buy Zero mission and make a few comics about Ridley ; )
You can buy a new DS? You can also try contacting Nintendo. Don't know if/when your warranty expired, but worth a shot.

Actually now i think about it Sora should be in over Ridley...

(O god i i Kingdom hearts!!!)
:SMACK: Don't make me Gannon-Ban you!! :shakes fist:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You can buy a new DS? You can also try contacting Nintendo. Don't know if/when your warranty expired, but worth a shot.

1: If im gonna spend Money on anything its not gonna be something i already have (The DS for all you slow people). 2: Well i got mine in 2005... i don't think the warranty is still valid anymore -.-

:SMACK: Don't make me Gannon-Ban you!! :shakes fist:

What happened to my HATE!? (Are you smacking me because i hate Kingdom hearts...!?) and i hope you enjoy that Faces of evil game i sent you in the mail! (As well as Zelda's adventure) mwuhahahahaha!
My comments are in purple (The colour of Ridley!)!! Good day to you sir! *Slams door*

the grim lizard

Smash Master
If anyone is curious, here are the standings for posts per thread right now. These are the threads with over 1000 posts...

Over 5k:
1) Ridley

Over 4k:
2) Sonic

Over 3k:
3) Krystal
4) Diddy

Over 2k:
5) Megaman
6) Rate their chances (/M2)
7) Wiseguy's thread
8) Waluigi

Over 1k:
9) Geno
10) Wolf
11) Sakurai's character poll list
12) Lyn

007flash

Smash Journeyman
This is the 3rd biggest thread in this entire forum an the biggest one focusing on one character.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yum... stickies but Ridley is popular everywhere! apart from you tube of course -.-

Third best FTW! What is 2nd? my comics? He he he... *sigh*

Ridley for teh brawl (Note i CBA to go into advanced mode to change the colour)

007flash

Smash Journeyman
And Gypsy Lee might be happy that this thread will never be beneath the Waluigi thread ever again.

PS: Why isn't anyone posting in purple? Maybe they don't want Ridley in Brawl...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey dang dammit **** Europe didn't get that MP3 thing rghh! Bad enough we are getting it in bloody October ****ING Nintendo.

Now Ridley should replace Iwata!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom