• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
OMFG not walls of pain!!!!

Ridley is just evil to be evil. The Space Pirates found him on Zebes and they were like, "Hey, you want to join our gang? We kill people by the thousands and just do generally evil stuff."

Then Ridley was like, "Nah, son. I'm making me some pancakes right now, but maybe later. Y'know, after I find a way to repopulate my species and all."

Then the Space Pirates replied, "Ahh dude, that's a shame. We were just about to go noob lynchin' on the neighboring planet."

Ridley responded, "**** the pancakes, let's go beat some noob ***!"

Then the pirates were all like, "Hell yeah! We'll make you senior general captain ultimate badass if you'd like. That means, if you die in battle, we get to resurrect you and make you even more badass then before."

Ridley, surprised, responded, "Senior general captain ultimate badass eh? Oh right. I think this is the beginning of a great friendship."

And that is how it all began. As you can see, Ridley's story and personality is much more complex then one might, at first, imagine. He far surpasses Ganondorf and Bowser in super evil villainryism.
Er...

Kirby said: RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!

Vali

Smash Ace
SPOILER WARNING!
Two examples that come to mind in Twilight Princess, the baddest of Ganondorfs. When he was being sealed by the sages, he breaks the chains and decimates a sage. Pretty bad ***, and dark mind you, for a Nintendo character. Example two: possesing Zelda was pretty evil, if you ask me. Same way that Jenova/Sephiroth kinda forced Cloud to give up the black materia. Not exactly the same, but same principle.
Still not really sure what he actually benefitted from doing either of those things really. In the second instance it might have been a ploy to try and get Link to not attack, but it'd fail anyway since by not attacking Ganondorf it would've wound up with the world dying and everyone getting killed,
including Zelda (unless Ganondorf wound up with Bowser syndrome)
. About the black materia bit, which incident are you talking about? ^^; I'm pretty sure there's both the north crater and temple of the ancients and in either case the comparison would be helped along by an explanation for poor me what Ganondorf's intention actually was ^^.

In the first example you gave, yeah that is pretty badass, and I can't remember what his motives were for doing that either. If it was purely out of rage then I guess it's +2 to evil, but otherwise it depends why. On a related note, are Twilight Princess spoilers still counted as spoilers? >.> Has anyone seriously not got a Wii or GC and completed it yet?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
As far as 1st party goes, there aren't really many franchises dark enough to have truly malicious villains, really only Zelda and Metroid can have them (and Fire Emblem, but that's 2nd party I believe). And it's hard to truly gauge how sinister Ridley is due to the little narrative and speech in the series, and are so central on Samus that rarely other characters get a look in, which is why Ridley is so significant to the series due to his recurrence and the fact that he's involved in her past.

Still, despite having a bigger involvement in the story and having more story to work with, Ganondorf isn't really given much more depth. WW gave him some backstory to his motive, but otherwise he remains pretty shallow, desiring power for whatever reason. Though I've always liked this as his motive: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16309383/

the grim lizard said:
Ridley and Ganondorf team ftw!
The world is doomed D:

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
As far as 1st party goes, there aren't really many franchises dark enough to have truly malicious villains, really only Zelda and Metroid can have them (and Fire Emblem, but that's 2nd party I believe). And it's hard to truly gauge how sinister Ridley is due to the little narrative and speech in the series, and are so central on Samus that rarely other characters get a look in, which is why Ridley is so significant to the series due to his recurrence and the fact that he's involved in her past.

Still, despite having a bigger involvement in the story and having more story to work with, Ganondorf isn't really given much more depth. WW gave him some backstory to his motive, but otherwise he remains pretty shallow, desiring power for whatever reason. Though I've always liked this as his motive: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16309383/

The world is doomed D:
Fire emblem is 1st party.

Silent_Jester

Smash Journeyman
Amongest the darkest shadows everywhere and anywhe
Meta Ridley>>>>Ridley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Samus >>> Samus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Ultimate Life Form (Thunder Cats, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee etc Fused)

BTW Does anybody know how I can put the Ridley for Brawl things in my sig?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Meta Ridley>>>>Ridley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Samus >>> Samus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Ultimate Life Form (Thunder Cats, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee etc Fused)

BTW Does anybody know how I can put the Ridley for Brawl things in my sig?
Hit user CP, go to edit signature.

Add the URL for the image surrounded by the tags, minus the "( )".

Then just hit show signature in your quick replies or posts. ;)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
...I knew a lot of people would pick that 300 one-liner after I posted it. You're welcome Wiseguy. ;)
Thanks Grim.

Also thanks to Fawriel for voting for my Jack Bauer line, my personal favorite. (What can I say? 24 owns!)

OMFG not walls of pain!!!!
- Copyright, 2007 Wiseguy

Geez, first you take my "Ridley: the Anti-Pokemon" line for your sig and now this. ;)

Voting ends in an hour, unless you guys think I should extend it. :ohwell:???
Whatever you think is best, my good man. If you don't have enough nominations, you could just hold another round of voting after setting aside the lines that have already made the cut. But whatever you decide is cool by us.

Vali

Smash Ace
In Soviet Russia, Ridley STILL kicks your ***.

Bit late to the contest I know ;p. Probably done before too ;(.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Just a quick Ridley-related question...

Since Gunpei Yokoi, the creator of Metroid, died; Who would oversee all things Ridley/Metroid? As in, If Sakurai needing to ask someone how to incorporate Ridley's awesomeness, who would be that go-to guy?

EDIT: Okay so after looking around on Wikipedia... would it be Yoshio Sakamoto? He directed a bunch of Metroid games and apparently his design work is found in Melee...

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Just a quick Ridley-related question...

Since Gunpei Yokoi, the creator of Metroid, died; Who would oversee all things Ridley/Metroid? As in, If Sakurai needing to ask someone how to incorporate Ridley's awesomeness, who would be that go-to guy?
All I know is that the ones responsible for the Metroid Prime games come from Retro Studios in Texas. Don't know who is the big cheese there, unfortunately.

Ridley for Brawl

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
So.. apparently.. The Ridley, Geno, Krystal, Sonic.. and Waluigi threads are the most posted in?

Nice...

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
And if it does, some people with space and/or pirates in thier name will come onto the thread and say some interesting things and it will be stronger than before!
(that sounded funnier in my head)

Ridley for brawl!

EDIT-woot, I am on all of those threads except sonic's!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
i would say Yoshio Sakamoto oversees all metroid stuff, since he oversees Metroid Prime series and directed all but Metroid 2 out of the original games
Yeah, Metroid 2 was such an odd game...it felt a lot different than the others. Oddly enough, it's the only Metroid games where your mission is actually focussed on killing Metroids.

huh, everything sort of died all of a sudden. maybe we have reached the point?

nah, it's ridley! we could never do that!
No, I think it was because the boards were down for a little bit. I mean, earlier today we all had a random debate on our own about Ridley's vileness.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Why Ridley as a character? He'd be too big. Giga Bowser's the limit for biggest characters. Maybe he could be a (Forgot name)Trophy. If he were shrinked, it wouldn't make it any better for the Metroid series. Maybe he could be the next Giga Bowser. He's probably in there somewhere due to the fact that there's remixed Ridley Theme Music.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Why Ridley as a character? He'd be too big. Giga Bowser's the limit for biggest characters. Maybe he could be a (Forgot name)Trophy. If he were shrinked, it wouldn't make it any better for the Metroid series. Maybe he could be the next Giga Bowser. He's probably in there somewhere due to the fact that there's remixed Ridley Theme Music.
BOwsers really big in mario 64 and they shrunk him to like a thrid the size for melee so thats not really a problem.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ooo another size issue :p

He can be in. There are many many facts to that.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Why do so many people have a hard time thinking of Ridley has being smaller? Didn't anyone play a Metroid game besides Metroid Prime??

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
BOwsers really big in mario 64 and they shrunk him to like a thrid the size for melee so thats not really a problem.
That could be considered as a slighty beta Giga Bowser. The reason he's big is questionable. It could be a Star rod Paper Mario 64 thing, or anythign else. I for one have immense trouble on the DS version on that game.

Ooo another size issue :p

He can be in. There are many many facts to that.
No no no... What I explained answering the other quote should calm you.

Why do so many people have a hard time thinking of Ridley has being smaller? Didn't anyone play a Metroid game besides Metroid Prime??
I have. I enjoyed it. But that's not the fact. He's too big. He should be a new Giga Bowser if not character. He could even be a part in the unique 1 player storyline.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
That could be considered as a slighty beta Giga Bowser. The reason he's big is questionable. It could be a Star rod Paper Mario 64 thing, or anythign else. I for one have immense trouble on the DS version on that game.
"Beta Giga Bowser"? What the heck are you talking about???? In Mario 64, Bowser was 5 times bigger than Mario, and in Sunshine, Bowser was probably 25 times bigger than Mario.

I have. I enjoyed it. But that's not the fact. He's too big. He should be a new Giga Bowser if not character. He could even be a part in the unique 1 player storyline.
>_<

I said besides Metroid Prime. But, clearly you have answered my question...

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
slightly beta...what??? seriously, bowser is way bigger than his melee size in quite a few other games out there...have you seen him in mario sunshine?

also, another thing...have you ever seen the freaking MELEE INTRO MOVIE??? notice the size of ridley there compared to samus...does that look strange to you?

size doesnt matter at all in the smash world. kirby is 8 inches tall. pikachu is a little over a foot tall. mario is almost 6 feet tall. ever play the original donkey kong? DK is more than twice the size of mario there. sure looks that way in melee, huh? no, but it still looks normal.

ridley for brawl!!!!!!!!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
No no no... What I explained answering the other quote should calm you.
You shouldn't worry. I'm not a flaming person.

Even if you piss me off I'll stay calm and give reasons etc. I'm not a large Ridley fan but I know how riled.. (Ridlied :p) up some of these guys can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom