• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caael

Smash Lord
Internet Cafe this time. But only 6 minutes left :0

I wont vote for a picture, because it will take a while to go through all the pages and look, and will probably expend my 6 minutes, but if i'm going to vote for one, it's the comic done by Oasis with the Kirby.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Where are you Caael? On vacation or something?

BTW guys, I nominate Silver's just because of the pure artistic skill it took to make it. Oasis' was a close second, but for another reason: it make me LMAO.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Who's that other guy besides Captain Falcon? o_o
Would you believe me if I said that picture was rushed?
It has been several weeks since I last drew something decent and ... ... aaaand so on.
It's Chuck Norris. :urg:
Lol...that one with Ridley armwrestling is priceless....
Thanks.
I can't believe I'm actually getting nominations... I could break out a few lines of analysis of why the picture is worse than it could have been, but, yeah. Nevermind that. :p
****, that looks really good. It's a pity you couldn't manage, I would've nominated you.

Can I still nominate, actually, I'll have to go for Silver's Number 9(tm) because I like the style and I can't vote for Oasis' comic because of the bloody humor. Because I'm prude. Yes.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Midnight?? it is 10:50 AM here..

oh well..

hey grim...you forgot my "Who is the real Ridley??" entry..

i'll nominate Fawriel's #20 , it gave me a good laugh XD

i would have nominated Oasis_S comic...but....Kirby is my favorite Nintendo character...what you did to him in the comic... HOW DARE YOU?!?! T.T

XD

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Sorry...there were like 50 pages to look through and I didn't see it. :ohwell:

I think everyone loves your other one anyway.

Anyway, let's just say no more nominations. I'll put up the 5 or so that people mentioned later.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry...there were like 50 pages to look through and I didn't see it. :ohwell:

I think everyone loves your other one anyway.

Anyway, let's just say no more nominations. I'll put up the 5 or so that people mentioned later.
But... but...

That one was my favorite!

*cries*

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I just wanted to say...if you think there are dumb people in the General Brawl thread (which there are), you should try reading the "reviews" on any game site. On second thought...don't. They're too full of dumb. Man, how can there be so many stupid people out there??

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Contest is over. We already took all the nominations. I just need to post them all at some point for people to vote. However, I anticipate that it will be highly informal...

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
lol i just had some dumb *** noobs say ridley wont be in brawl because of his size plus the music for his stage(lets hope)says 'boss' i had to go through all the that indicates he is in the game

RIDLEY FTB!!!

Also(one of u guys probably said this already)but ridley cant be a at because his music is there

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Characters don't need to have multiple jumps...especially if said characters have wings and their ^B will likely be a wing move anyway. I think Pit and Ridley fit into that category...

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
also i doubt nintendo Could buy copy right when they can easliy make a better version of it
(what about a mario course where it changes to all the different lvlS in 64 where bosses,enemys and traps appear(though when changes time stops)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, Metaknight has something diffrent going on with his moves. He's shown the ability to multi jump, and that weird glide thing.

And if three cahracter all had the same free flight move, I'd be annoyed. >=/

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

(not mine!)

I think Ridley should look kind of like this in brawl. It seems to have the right proportions and such to easily be made into a fighter. When he's flapping his wings during a multi-jump, they should become larger than normal. Similar to how characters' appendages get larger when doing certain moves... that sounded kind of dirty. :laugh:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Metroid prime 1...

Ridley has had multiple colors over the years, and seeing how everyone is gettin theyre newest look, Im guessing hes getting the MP3 look... but the other colors canbe alts. obcourse...

Stryks

Smash Hero
She does actually, with a few edits, but yeah she does have the prime suit, check all the games before prime, does samus have lights on her chest and shoulder pads before prime? exactly...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Since Metroid Prime.
Metroid prime 1...

Ridley has had multiple colors over the years, and seeing how everyone is gettin theyre newest look, Im guessing hes getting the MP3 look... but the other colors canbe alts. obcourse...
He wasn't gray though. That was the metal armor covering his skin. Hence the name Meta Ridley. If you look closely at a screenshot, you can see his purple skin where the armor isn't covering him. The Ridley is Oasis_S' picture of Ridley has skin that is silver.

The MP3 look is some sort of Phazon mutated Ridley, and I don't see why Sakurai would even bother using it, as it doesn't represent any of Ridley's other game appearances. 2D > 3D Metroid games, and Ridley will be purple.

And not everyone is getting their newest look:

Mario: Super Mario Galaxy (new)
Link: Twilight Princess (new)
Zelda: A combination of a few games, but mainly Twilight Princess (new)
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Country (old)
Fox: Command (new)
Kirby: He looks the same in every game
Pikachu: He looks the same in every game
Samus/Zamus: Metroid Zero Mission (old)
Bowser: A more realistic version of his appearance in Super Mario Sunshine and Galaxy, so it doesn't really represent any specific game
Yoshi: Super Mario Sunshine or Mario Party or Mario Kart or any of the sports games
Wario: Any Wario Ware game (old or new)
Pit: Obviously old, but that doesn't count

^^That's two old ones so far. I think Sakurai is just picking which ones look best and trying to represent the character and its franchise as a whole, in which case, Ridley will not be in metal armor with guns or be genetically altered by a blue mutagen and have super powers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom