• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Whats Ridley's power level?

ITS ONE OVER FOUR THOUSAND SIX HOUNDREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Ugh... as much as I love Ridley and this thread, there just isn't anything to talk about anymore. We've covered everything, and anyone who comes here to debate with us leaves, defeated, with a "Go Ridley!" flag in their hand.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yeah...well...once upon a time, I had this little photo contest idea, but then came the clouds...and four new noobs...and then it was entirely forgotten.

Deadline is tomorrow night, btw.

murphy brian

Smash Rookie
this is my first post on this site and ever sence i heard of brawl i thought they should put in ridley, they need more villians like him and king k. rool

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Ugh... as much as I love Ridley and this thread, there just isn't anything to talk about anymore. We've covered everything, and anyone who comes here to debate with us leaves, defeated, with a "Go Ridley!" flag in their hand.
that's what happens to threads like this. we've talked about everything to it's extent, so it's pointless to bring it up.

but it tells us that ridley is the one of the most popular characters on these boards

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey everyone look around your boards and find Ridley haters... then bring them here... i need fresh... blood! (cos im a vampire not a dang werewolf)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe they can think of something a bit more original than well.. you know... the size issue (Even though there isn't one even in the games (Apart from MP of course)) (But you already knew that)

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if any of you guys have seen/posted about this, but I thought it was pretty interesting,

"An arrangement of the boss music that plays when Samus fights Ridley in several Metroid games, which Nintendo has said is now Ridley's personal theme, has been confirmed to be featured in Super Smash Bros. Brawl."

Also, keep this in mind, I got this from Wikipedia.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What you mean the "Ridley's personal theme" bit or the "An arrangement of the boss music that plays when Samus fights Ridley in several Metroid games has been confirmed to be featured in Super Smash Bros. Brawl" bit?

Because well im not to sure about the first bit XS

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Uh we obviously know about the Music!

So i was just seeing if you meant "Ridley's personal theme" bit because that seems a lot more significant.

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
Oh, ha, yeah.

Just when I read it I thought to myself, "Since this is the music that plays when Samus and Ridley confront each other, and it is quite possibly in Brawl, does that mean we will be seeing Ridley apear, with his own level along with theme?"

And by the way, your posts are 1,337

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He he he when you said 1337 i was just thinking "And? what the hell has tha- Oooo leet ah i get i!"

But well they are only le4o now : (

Anyways yhea that Music is just another point for Ridley's inclusion into brawl!

NukeA6

Smash Master
PFFFFFFFFTTT damit Sakurai!! i though it was something will blow us.. pfffffft....

like Ridley's confirmation ....
I think he's gonna be unlockable so that's gonna be a long time before he gets confirmed. Chances are if we get a Ridley update before the default characters are confirmed, he will be an AT and you wouldn't want that.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Hey guys if ridely is a asset trophy i vote we all pitch in for a tictet and go to where sakurai lives and Kill him. I mean it really kill him then take over the project and change the game to where ridely is in, The resurect sakurai and threaten his life. that if ridly is not a charecter like we made him.He will die....again!

Cenedar

Smash Ace
it's pointless to stay up late. you don't get the sleep you need and you could get dissapointed cause you stayed up. sleep, so you can wake up to the update
Exactly. I never stay up late for updates, I prefer to see them when I wake up instead of being tired and possibly grumpy when they come up. That way any really good updates will start my day with a bang.

Ridley for Brawl.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hey guys if ridely is a asset trophy i vote we all pitch in for a tictet and go to where sakurai lives and Kill him. I mean it really kill him then take over the project and change the game to where ridely is in, The resurect sakurai and threaten his life. that if ridly is not a charecter like we made him.He will die....again!
we've already planned this. we're gonna dress up as space pirates, invade Sakurai's house, and force him to make ridley playable

the grim lizard

Smash Master
OK OK...new challenge...well, not really a challenge, but give your feedback to this question.

Give the probability (in percentage) in your opinion (but be honest) of the following events occuring. (We assume that the opposite of the event happening is 100-p, where "p" is the likelihood of the even occuring.) Sorry if that's too confusing. I digress:

1) Ridley will be a PC.
2) Zamus is playable a way other than Samus's FS.
3) Dark Samus will be a PC.
4) Rundus will be a PC.
5) One of the hunters will be playable.
6) More than one of the hunters will be playable.
7) There will be 3 or more Metroid PCs (not including Zamus)
8) There will be 4 or more Metroid PCs (not including Zamus)
9) Kraid will be an AT.
10) Mother Brain will be an AT.

And try to make your probabilities legit. For example, the prob. of #8 should be less than the prob. #7 because #7 includes all of the possibilities of #8 plus the prob. that there would be 3 PCs.

I hope this isn't to confusing. If it is, just express the likelihood of each event.

Edit: Crap, I'm the last post of the page again.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah i'll do that

1. 99%-given the fact he was high on the poll and fits nearly every category sakurai wants, he's a nearly a shoo-in. it'd be 100, but nothing's guarenteed
2. 45%-really cause i hope there is another way, due to item bans and stuff, but really it's up to chance now
3. 50%-it has established it self, but it's chances are slim due to ridley
4. 0%-we don't know anything until august, but still he hasn't established himself at all in metroid. maybe as an AT
5. 5%-again, establishment. plus there are six of them, so it'd be hard to choose one and make everyone happy
6. 0%-see previous statement
7. 50%-pretty much a summary of 3-6
8. 25%-see previous statement
9. 10%-kraid has the possibility of being an AT, but since he started as a part of a stage, i think he'll stay that way
10. 5%-Metroids and Hunters can be AT, but Mother Brain is really lacking. I mean there is the beast form, but it would be too big and powerful for an AT. maybe as part of a stage

Pieman0920

Smash Master
1) Ridley will be a PC. (80% C'mon!)
2) Zamus is playable a way other than Samus's FS. (80%)
3) Dark Samus will be a PC. (40%)
4) Rundus will be a PC. (5%)
5) One of the hunters will be playable. (7%)
6) More than one of the hunters will be playable. (2%)
7) There will be 3 or more Metroid PCs (not including Zamus) (30%)
8) There will be 4 or more Metroid PCs (not including Zamus) (10% Shouldn't you have made the last on only 3?)
9) Kraid will be an AT. (1% Hueg liek Xbox)
10) Mother Brain will be an AT. (25%)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Thanks, guys...any more I should add?

I'll do it, too...
1) 99.5% - I agree with colbusman. He fits all of Sakurai's criteria, but anything's possible.
2) 55% - I give it slightly better than 50/50, but who really knows what Sakurai is thinking?
3) 45% - Really depends on how many characters Sakurai wants to give Metroid. I give it slightly less than 50/50 because the Japanese don't like Prime, apparently.
4) 5% - Really not important (that we know of) but Nintendo has added promotional characters before.
5) 5% - Too many to choose from, and they all have equal importance.
6) 2.5% - Same as #5...just half as likely.
7) 45% - DS is the next character up, IMO; so this stat rests solely on her/it.
8) 5% - Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening...that is, unless Sakurai goes haywire...
9) 20% - Kraid could get an "upgrade." It might be cool.
10) 5% - There really are a lot better ATs from Metroid.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
1) Ridley will be a PC. (85%)
2) Zamus is playable a way other than Samus's FS. (99%)
3) Dark Samus will be a PC. (1%)
4) Rundus will be a PC. (1%)
5) One of the hunters will be playable. (1%)
6) More than one of the hunters will be playable. (0%)
8) There will be 4 or more Metroid PCs (not including Zamus) (0%)
9) Kraid will be an AT. (40%)
10) Mother Brain will be an AT. (10%)

i don't think any of the hunters will appear, really.
don't kill me, nothing is 100% absolutle.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
1) Ridley will be a PC. (75%)
2) Zamus is playable a way other than Samus's FS. (55%)
3) Dark Samus will be a PC. (20%)
4) Rundus will be a PC. (2%)
5) One of the hunters will be playable. (10%)
6) More than one of the hunters will be playable. (0%)
8) There will be 4 or more Metroid PCs (not including Zamus) (5%)
9) Kraid will be an AT. (10%)
10) Mother Brain will be an AT. (2%)

I try to be a realistic thinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom