• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I need a Wii, but I've been waiting for the rerelease. The were supposed to have a new version that was improved (a lot of people thought this might mean different colors), as well as a discount in price (with the removal of Wii sports). They haven't announced anything yet; so I am sad...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
There's no reason to get it now because I have no reason to play it. The first reason to get it is MP3, and if I'm going to be living with this thing for a while, I want the best version there is (colored hopefully), not to mention I don't care for Wii sports. I'd rather save some money.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
what do you mean no reason?! there is plenty of reasons to own a Wii. zelda, rayman, RE 4, and strikers coming out soon too.

best version, when has nintendo made their console better than the original? i hate it when companies do that. make us buy the product when it first comes out, then make a "special edition" or "elite" and screw over the people who bought it when it first came out

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I have Zelda already. Beat it twice, once with the 3-heard challenge.

And Nintendo has done it multiple times with the Gameboy and the Nintendo DS. There's no reason to think they wouldn't do it with the Wii, too.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
There aren't any good games for it right now, so you're not missing out on anything. The only game that's actually good and that I've bought for it so far has been LoZ: TP. But even that's available on the GameCube, so meh.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I have Zelda already. Beat it twice, once with the 3-heard challenge.

And Nintendo has done it multiple times with the Gameboy and the Nintendo DS. There's no reason to think they wouldn't do it with the Wii, too.
i should of been more specific. i know the handheld market has changed, but they don't change the home market that much, if at all.

There aren't any good games for it right now, so you're not missing out on anything. The only game that's actually good and that I've bought for it so far has been LoZ: TP. But even that's available on the GameCube, so meh.
i think there are plenty of good games on the market, but most of them turn out to be party games. i know the wii doesn't have the hardcore games we crave, but metroid will change that.

all i'm saying is if you want it so bad, why are you waiting? why must you have the "better" version if it's going to be the same anyway?

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
I'll be getting a Wii for Christmas (we can't afford anything right now). So since Brawl will already be out by then, I'll get off of the internet for a while to avoid spoilers.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Name one besides Twilight Princess.
good games or hardcore?

i mean the games i like are Rayman, RE 4, Excite Truck, and Super Paper Mario, and some of those are gearing towards the hard core market. it has been lackluster as of late, but that's what summer does.

then strikers looks to be pretty fun, especially with online play

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
good games or hardcore?

i mean the games i like are Rayman, RE 4, Excite Truck, and Super Paper Mario, and some of those are gearing towards the hard core market. it has been lackluster as of late, but that's what summer does.

then strikers looks to be pretty fun, especially with online play
Resident Evil 4 was great..... two years ago. They didn't bother to update the graphics or add anything new to it at all. I'm a big RE fan, and I must say, I'm very disappointed in Capcom.

Excite Truck was an unpolished, mediocre racing game that was rushed into the market before it should have, just so it could be available as a launch title.

Rayman was a party game that took about four months to make and a grain of imagination. It's a good game, for a party game.

Super Paper Mario was very disappointing for me. I'm not even going to go into detail about that one.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Resident Evil 4 was great..... two years ago. They didn't bother to update the graphics or add anything new to it at all. I'm a big RE fan, and I must say, I'm very disappointed in Capcom.

Excite Truck was an unpolished, mediocre racing game that was rushed into the market before it should have, just so it could be available as a launch title.

Rayman was a party game that took about four months to make and a grain of imagination. It's a good game, for a party game.

Super Paper Mario was very disappointing for me. I'm not even going to go into detail about that one.
man you must be really picky when it comes to games.

RE4 is still great. i mean yes they could of upped the graphics, but it was still as fun as the gamecube version.

Excite Truck had it's flaws, but it was a fun game to try against other people

Rayman to this day is still one of my favorites, 4th only to RE4, Paper Mario, and Zelda. i'm glad this has become popular enough to give us a sequel. i admit come things were cut in the final version, but ubi has asked for forgivness for rushing things and will give out better games.

and how did you find Super Paper Mario dissapointing? i thought it was good, almost as good as the other two. mixing both elements of RPG and plaforming that made Mario iconic, and it works!!

well, i guess you are entitled to your own opinion. i just don't understand still why grim wants to wait for the next wii systems to come out. it's basically gonna be the same as every other wii out right now.

anyway, this is way off topic.

Ridley for Brawl people

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Wow, 300th page coming up. We could speed up the process if we had more debators. Unfortunately, we're getting neither flaming n00b nor intelligent discusser...

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I've seen a few people who said that they hate Ridley and don't want to see him in Brawl. But when I tried to invite them over here for a cup of tea and a quick chat, I was simply ignored..... :1

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I was liking Ridley before it was cool. You people and everything else that's mainstream can go to hell!

*runs to room crying and slams the door*

I first saw Ridley when I watched my uncle fight him in the original Metroid. He was like a *******ized Barney. Needless to say, I've loved him and Metroid ever since.

[edit]

ATTENTION

ANYONE WHO HASN'T VOTED FOR RIDLEY IN THIS THREAD NEEDS TO DO SO NOW.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hmm. Say, I just remembered something- there was a Metroid movie in production that was slated to be directed by John Woo and released in 2006, but it got canceled. What do you guys think about that?
And further... how completely awesomely freaky would Ridley have been in the movie?

Stryks

Smash Hero
The 1st time I saw ridley is when My dad woke me up at about 12 am showing me he bought this game, when I woke up the next day i tought it was a dream...

B4 heading off my mom asked me if I played the game, and I was Wha?! it wasnt a dream? and headed to play at least 5 minutes of the game, that turned out to be super metroid, and when I faced ridley I was blown away...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
yea.. I remember seeing ridley way back in the original metroid which was about 10 years bach,, and i'll have to say he was challenging

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
also to add fuel to get wii now side

when you get it early all the extra channels and stuff is free

also the vc games are classics and they cost 5-10 dollars

oh yah

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea the internet channel was free but it would have cost you 600 wii points now.

Anyways back 2 Ridley what do you guys think his wings will do? (Not just to fly)

OmegaXXII

obviously he will fly, but I hope he does some kind iof interesting attack with them, surely they will probably be implemented with a smash attack

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wow, I phail.

I first saw Ridley... flying in the background in Zebes in Smash 64.

"LOL WUZZAT A DRAGON?!"

Yeah, I phail...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Hey guys, just thought I'd ask, do you think Ridley will need downscaling a bit? What are your thoughts on this? Has tis even been discussed before?
Only every other day ;)

We get this all the time, but usually from a noob who's like, "HeZ 2 Bi9!!!"

Downsize him to the size he was in the Melee intro, and it's all good.

OmegaXXII

Only every other day ;)

We get this all the time, but usually from a noob who's like, "HeZ 2 Bi9!!!"

Downsize him to the size he was in the Melee intro, and it's all good.

good pic but isn't convincing because of his look in graphics, if he does appear (and i know he will!) I hope he will have a bad a** look, can't decide which look would look good at least his color anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom