• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Yeah, after seeing such avid response (riiight) I feel a need to revise my earlier plan...

Grim Lizard is right, not all veterans will be returning. Sakurai is known for surprising so who's to say he won't just randomly throw a brand new character on the site before all the veterans. If I can help it, I'd like to be surprised, but i guess taking myself off the site cold turkey won't be so effective lol.

Ridley for Brawl

Legolastom

Smash Hero
One of the best moments of my day is when i check the site... but one of the worst is when i have finished reading the update!

But well i always have SWF to talk to.

And if you go cold turkey you have to cut out SWF as well.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I know what you mean i couldn't resist typing Ganon TP into You tube : I but i had to wait weeks after you lot!

Caael

Smash Lord
FTB? For the bin?

GTFO

Guys, i'm going away tomorrow and I wont be back until the 13th August. I'll be on now and a bit later, but not after that, so later on, dawgs. Spread the love. I hope to see 5000 by the time I get back.

007flash

Smash Journeyman
What are you going to do if Ridley doen't appear in Brawl?

PS: Do you think the grimer infestation might happen again as a metroid infestation?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
STFU Ridley FTB.

Ehh... I have a lot of work to do here.... but I'm so tired. I guess I'll just get to it then, I'm not missing much, 'cause it seems like a slow day here on the forums.

Ridley for Brawl! BAD ARSES for life!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The problem is everyone wants him to be strong, fast, heavy, and with flight. You've got to take away from him somewhere, and I say it's weight. He is a flyer after all. (I guess his size also would be a con for him)

Shyguy666

Smash Rookie
Well yea if u took his weight away he would be a lot faster then bowser and if u put bunny ears on ridley awsome is the only thing i can think of besides funny. I have been listening to that dam song on the SSBB website for the metroid stage all day lol

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
I agree with shuma, but I also think that his speed should be lowered. Ridley doesn't need to run very fast because most of Ridley's attacks consist of staying still and swiping/firing a projectile and flying.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I always thought that giant space Dragons were heavy...

But if you want a fast powerful large flying character who would still be hard to knock back you can keep dreaming!

But anyways Ridley for the bin!... (If there is a stage called the bin if not then just Ridley for the Brawl!)

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman
I always thought that giant space Dragons were heavy...

But if you want a fast powerful large flying character who would still be hard to knock back you can keep dreaming!

But anyways Ridley for the bin!... (If there is a stage called the bin if not then just Ridley for the Brawl!)
Well, birds have hollow bones, which makes them light, which is how they can fly. Assuming dragons would have to be the same, he could be light. Except for all that armor :psycho:.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but Dragons are reptiles (And mythical creatures!) as well as the fact that he is giant and does have armor and can survive futuristic weapons i think he has bones!

(Cant believe im getting into arguments about Ridley's bones : S)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O yhea sorry i was thinking about chickens again

Anyway uh.... RIDLEY FOR TEH BRAWLS!

Wing span?

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
I suspect they will lean in favor of making him the second heaviest character, seeing as they need more heavy chars. There was a lot of entropy in terms of character abilities in SSB so that the game would be [almost] fair and balanced, so his speed, power and stuff will likely be axed. If Bowser was in Paper Mario form, I doubt he would be as fair.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
No no no. If he is indeed shrunken to fit into Brawl, then he'd be a skinny lizard with wings. Ridley isn't the type to be heavy, because he's so...anorexic? (Ridley should eat someone. He's just skin and bones)

I mean just look at his trophy, and you'll see it. Plus he has to be light to fly in the first place.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
He'll probably be light, and fast. Basically meaning that he probably won't have a lot of strength. He'll probably be like a Dalshim character since he's so long, relying on his reach and speed to jab at you to wear you down. ****, how did we get above 4000 posts so fast? Last time I checked in was like a couple weeks ago and this thread had just passed the 2000 mark. Keep it going, it's great.

Fawriel

Smash Master
No heavy, fast, hard-hitting flying characters?

Captain Falcon says hi.

I think Ridley would be a whole league under Bowser.. he's skinny indeed. He should be a little heavier than Link.

Didn't I make an awesome post about the strengths of Ridley? Dammit, I forgot.
But for big dragon guys like him who are still fast, my formula is to make his movement fast, but with lag. One of Bowser's greatest disadvantages is that his jump has such noticeable start-up time.
And as long as Riddles doesn't get a sex kick or something, he should be about the easiest character to combo.

Sounds like weaknesses to me~

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter if Ridley is skinny or smaller than Bowser, he's still at least two of Captain Falcon or Link, making him be a very heavy character. He can be heavy, but floaty (since he can fly and all).

As for speed, the only thing to have ever said he was fast was his Melee trophy. He was never very fast in any of his games. He could be a fast runner and jumper, but have poor agility (laggy moves) like Captain Falcon.

And whoever said Ridley has armor doesn't know the difference between Ridley and Meta Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom