• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley confirmed???(No not related to Masterpieces >.<) Translator would be cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
...Are you serious?

So because there isn't any major significance in Japan, there's no major problem they see with it and they're unaware of its existence?

Forgive the potential Godwin here, but that's like saying it's ok for people here to goose-step in Germany because they're unaware it's illegal there.

There's no proof for this shot anyway.
It's actually more like saying it is illegal to goose-step anywhere. This is derived from a Japanese site, right? And a Japanese site is managed by Japanese people... Right? And Japanese people typically live in Japan, right? And Japan didn't have a KKK, right?

I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

Let me see.

SMG came out in the US 12 days after it came out in Japan yet one day before the Japanese release the US with the US guide was where the huge final Luigi leak came from. . .not Japan:ohwell:

Japan aint the only place leaks leak from. We know for a FACT some of the US/ UK peeps here got info before hand like Serebii/ CZ/ Nya/ That "HotbyIce" guy who leaked the stiker update and knew loads of other things he couldn't reveal.

I mean, even one of the Neo Leakers (Reno) where the first to leak JPN made games.

And I have no idea what is on the JPN forums so whose to say they DON'T have peeps saying this?
That's lovely and all, but what does any of this have to do with what I said? I didn't say the Japanese must be the ones to leak everything. I'm saying it's quite obvious that the list is fake, and there is no proof behind it.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
It's actually more like saying it is illegal to goose-step anywhere. This is derived from a Japanese site, right? And a Japanese site is manages by Japanese people... Right? And Japanese people typically live in Japan, right? And Japan didn't have a KKK, right?

That's like saying it's ok to call a black person a N**** just because it's not used in Japan. Japan isn't stupid or out of touch with the rest of the world. It would still be inappropriate

Shuma

Smash Hero
The Tourney Pic IS fake, the creator admited it, i think he was called "Omega" and he does sprites.

The Tourney Pic IS fake, the creator admited it, i think he was called "Omega" and he does sprites.

God... it seems it's the only way to be heard in this god dammed forum.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I kinda hope this "leak" isn't true - if it is then I practically lose all of what little hope I had left that my favorite character will be in Brawl. Buuut...Ridley does deserve it, so I can be happy for him I suppose. This doesn't confirm Jiggles, though; she's already been 'confirmed' via how to play video.

Ridley confirmed by the Japanese equivalent to Serebii? To epic XD
It's "too", honey. : ) Who knew Japan had a Serebii of their very own to de-confirm people's hopes and dreams while confirming nothing?

I'm all for arguing but those arguments just phail
Smashboarders will tell you that I'm no Ridley supporter, but even I laugh in the face of those who say that his size is an issue. Point well-taken.

After playing corruption lol, I hope Dark Samus is confirmed :]
Prime 2 got me. >.> Three was just butter on the toasted bagel of awesomeness. And that bagel is an "everything", for those who were wondering.

You make a wonderful argument, but wow...what an ***. ; )

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
How do you come to that conclusion 'by that logic'? You're jumping between two subjects. You should've said "...By that logic, since we havent had any decisive proof of ANY roster number, any leaked roster is fake". And that would be quite accurate, IF there was no proof.

But I'll let you in on a little secret. There's a website called the Smash Bros. Dojo where Sakurai (that's the man directing the game) posts updates about Brawl. That is 'decisive proof' that the game is real.

So now that I've taught you a thing or two about making a logical argument, I permit you to try again after the beep.

Beep.
Cut the smugness, please.

At any rate, the logistics behind my case is that no complete roster has been leaked, meaning that any of the leaks could be true, and not none of them. A close release date of the game doesn't necessarily entail that a screenshot or video of a possible true leak needs to exist. There's no fact behind that, people may not have the ability to supply that kind of information yet, despite having the knowledge of the roster in their head. Students at a Michigan State screening saw the Cloverfield monster 3 days before 1/18/08, but their inability to give a snapshot of it didn't change that they described it accurately and got crucified before people found it was legit information.

But I respect your interest in discussing and arguing this, and I'm not going to sit here and tell you you "can't" make an argument, or that you need to learn how to. That's sadly the difference between us. You and many others here are a tad too harsh about trying to debunk certain things.

It's actually more like saying it is illegal to goose-step anywhere. This is derived from a Japanese site, right? And a Japanese site is managed by Japanese people... Right? And Japanese people typically live in Japan, right? And Japan didn't have a KKK, right?

I'm fairly certain it isn't illegal anywhere. It's just in poor taste. Specifically, it is in Germany.

The KKK is pretty widely understood and acknowledged as something very relevant to history, because racism can exist anywhere.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I kinda hope this "leak" isn't true - if it is then I practically lose all of what little hope I had left that my favorite character will be in Brawl. Buuut...Ridley does deserve it, so I can be happy for him I suppose. This doesn't confirm Jiggles, though; she's already been 'confirmed' via how to play video.

It's "too", honey. : ) Who knew Japan had a Serebii of their very own to de-confirm people's hopes and dreams while confirming nothing?

Smashboarders will tell you that I'm no Ridley supporter, but even I laugh in the face of those who say that his size is an issue. Point well-taken.

Prime 2 got me. >.> Three was just butter on the toasted bagel of awesomeness. And that bagel is an "everything", for those who were wondering.

You make a wonderful argument, but wow...what an ***. ; )
Why can't Metroid have three reps? It's decently popular in the states. The prime series was pretty successful on the GCN.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
The metroid franchise needs another character, and ridley is just the only character that would make sense. Please let this be correct information.

Cut the smugness, please.

At any rate, the logistics behind my case is that no complete roster has been leaked, meaning that any of the leaks could be true, and not none of them. A close release date of the game doesn't necessarily entail that a screenshot or video of a possible true leak needs to exist. There's no fact behind that, people may not have the ability to supply that kind of information yet, despite having the knowledge of the roster in their head. Students at a Michigan State screening saw the Cloverfield monster 3 days before 1/18/08, but their inability to give a snapshot of it didn't change that they described it accurately and got crucified before people found it was legit information.

But I respect your interest in discussing and arguing this, and I'm not going to sit here and tell you you "can't" make an argument, or that you need to learn how to. That's sadly the difference between us. You and many others here are a tad too harsh about trying to debunk certain things.
Ok, all sarcasm and smugness aside, you need to keep one thing in mind. Anybody can come up with a roster and present it to the public saying they know it's true because they got it from a guy who accidentally sneezed on Sakurai's shoulder on the bus or something. You could say that it can't be proven false without evidence, but you could also say that about any bit of information we get. But, supposing all roster leaks are different in some way, there is only one of them that can be proven true. So it is much more important to prove it true than false, because you're either left wih a vague selection of possible rosters, or that one roster that is true.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
If this Japanese guy has the equivalent respect of Serebii, then it must have some truth to it. =D

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
lol...See how everyone wants Ridley? How could Sakurai let us down?

Besides, I'm just dying for a pogo-stick-tailed character...

sultanofsurreal

Smash Cadet
That's like saying it's ok to call a black person a N**** just because it's not used in Japan. Japan isn't stupid or out of touch with the rest of the world. It would still be inappropriate
Oh my GOD you are such a ****ing moron. Jesus.

Okay, first of all. He's not saying anything about the appropriateness of the KKK thing. He's just saying that the Japanese, in general, don't have a specific enough knowledge of US history to understand the significance of the letters KKK to Americans.

Second of all. I cannot believe you are equating the use of three random letters by people with likely no understanding of English to the usage of a racial slur, which only has one meaning in one language which you must know to use. This situation is more like if the N-word were also a Japanese word that meant cat or something. They don't realize that the word is offensive in English, nor would they likely care, since they rightfully do not concern themselves with American culture in their everyday lives. I'm sure you do a lot of stuff every day which would absolutely horrify your average Japanese person. Luckily for you, you don't live in Japan, so you have no reason to care.

Shuma

Smash Hero
WHY ARE WE DISCUSSING IF JAPAN ADDS A PIC WITH KKK ON IT!? THE PIC IS FAKE! IT WASN'T DONE IN JAPAN! IT WAS DONE BY A COMMON AMERICAN!! ON BRAWL CENTRAL AND HE ADMITED TO BE FAKE!

BARGHAWARGHARLBLE!

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Ok, all sarcasm and smugness aside, you need to keep one thing in mind. Anybody can come up with a roster and present it to the public saying they know it's true because they got it from a guy who accidentally sneezed on Sakurai's shoulder on the bus or something. You could say that it can't be proven false without evidence, but you could also say that about any bit of information we get. But, supposing all roster leaks are different in some way, there is only one of them that can be proven true. So it is much more important to prove it true than false, because you're either left wih a vague selection of possible rosters, or that one roster that is true.
Reno and MarkMan aren't just random people, though. They've suffered similar backlash from people in the past and the same thing has gone through. They are betting permanent, IP bans on the information they've given us. Seperate leakers entirely have given the same information. And thus far, it's proven to be true. Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff. Possible, and probable deconfirmation of Mewtwo. I know as someone who clearly likes the character of Mewtwo, that may be a pain in the arse to stomach or believe...but don't you find it odd that Lucario would be unlocked before, or be easier to unlock, than Mewtwo, a veteran? It's unlikely he wouldn't be unlocked in the copy of the game where we got the sticker leak...and I'm smelling his removal. I hate it, but it seems likely.

I understand that "No proof = possibly/probably fake." I'm not an idiot. But I just feel there's a ton of clout behind the opinions we've been given. We'll have to really wait.

EDIT: Originally put "banning bets," mistakenly, which is...way different from "betting bans." The ban bet is part of what makes both of them seem legit, and not trolling.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Reno and MarkMan aren't just random people, though. They've suffered similar backlash from people in the past and the same thing has gone through. They are betting permanent, IP bans on the information they've given us. Seperate leakers entirely have given the same information. And thus far, it's proven to be true. Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff. Possible, and probable deconfirmation of Mewtwo. I know as someone who clearly likes the character of Mewtwo, that may be a pain in the arse to stomach or believe...but don't you find it odd that Lucario would be unlocked before, or be easier to unlock, than Mewtwo, a veteran? It's unlikely he wouldn't be unlocked in the copy of the game where we got the sticker leak...and I'm smelling his removal. I hate it, but it seems likely.

I understand that "No proof = possibly/probably fake." I'm not an idiot. But I just feel there's a ton of clout behind the opinions we've been given. We'll have to really wait.

EDIT: Originally put "banning bets," mistakenly, which is...way different from "betting bans." The ban bet is part of what makes both of them seem legit, and not trolling.
Multiple things I wanna aks/say

1. Can someone tell me what marksman and reno have ever actually leaked? the most i've heard is "some fighting games. Cause honestly that does make a difference. Like did they spill the beans on Yoda and Vader in SC IV before it's release? (obviously not because no one knew about that till it was official, thus proving that a big fighting game can keep a secret).

2. Neogaf doesn't seem that special to me. In fact I wouldn't post there even if I could. From what I saw it has two forums, gaming discussion and non gaming discussion. It's a jumbled mess, I don't see what would make that an "elite" gaming forum. I'm sure I wouldn't care that much if I got banned from it.

3. They could be telling the truth but have bad sources. We assume they don't have the game, otherwise they could give us better proof that they know this info is fact. So it is possible that these people's sources are wrong or even the same source.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman

Let's not forget that this guy has the equivalent reliability of Serebii though. =D

Black/Light

Smash Master
Let's not forget that this guy has the equivalent reliability of Serebii though. =D
Lets not forget we have no friggin idea what his leaker history is or how much cred he has.

Lets not forget this site has posted fake rosters from other people they saw as reliable.

Lets not forget that MarkMan and Reno are like serebii+ level seeing as they both leaked fighting games (more than one series of fighting games) and PoD also played a serebii role for her leaked game.:ohwell:

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
Does this guy? Nobody seems to be able to pull up anything he's predicted in the past thus far.

Serebii had past leaks. If this guy doesn't, he's no the equivilant of Serebii

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
people are getting worked up over the most insignificant of details,
"is he for real?" "is it fake?" "your argument sucks!" "OMG! {insert your favorite character here} CONFIRMED! {insert totally useless info here}" "That Roster is FAKE!" "{insert pointless bickering here}"

etc.

etc.

etc.

just another day at SWF.

On the subject of Ridley, It'd be awesome if the information turns out to be legitimate.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Lets not forget we have no friggin idea what his leaker history is or how much cred he has.

Lets not forget this site has posted fake rosters from other people they saw as reliable.

Lets not forget that MarkMan and Reno are like serebii+ level seeing as they both leaked fighting games (more than one series of fighting games) and PoD also played a serebii role for her leaked game.:ohwell:
What fighting games though? Have either of them ever even leaked a Nintendo game? Or have they leaked games like blood roar and guilty gear that have very small fanbases and that the creators probably weren't too concerned with getting leaked?

Developers can hide stuff if they want. Nobody knew about Yoda and Vader, and thats a pretty big deal.

Zek

Smash Ace
Except that none of us have any idea who the hell this guy is. Don't confuse the guess of somebody on this thread with fact. Leave it to the Japanese fans to argue about whether or not he's trustworthy, because I'm not seeing any evidence.

Black/Light

Smash Master
What fighting games though? Have either of them ever even leaked a Nintendo game? Or have they leaked games like blood roar and guilty gear that have very small fanbases and that the creators probably weren't too concerned with getting leaked?

Developers can hide stuff if they want. Nobody knew about Yoda and Vader, and thats a pretty big deal.
Let me see, a few off hand are Tekken/ SC4/ VF5. I would have to look at a leak thread to find the rest of why they are reliable. . .let me search.

And Reno actually leaked that there where Star Wars characters in SC4 a month before it was revealed.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Let me see, a few off hand are Tekken/ SC4/ VF5. I would have to look at a leak thread to find the rest of why they are reliable. . .let me search.

And Reno actually leaked that there where Star Wars characters in SC4 a month before it was revealed.
See that's good info, I might be a bit more inclined to believe them now.

At the same time though, that means they still have never leaked info on a Nintendo game,. Tekken and Soul Calibur are owned by the same company so we can assume they have some source with them. I have a hard time imaging they have some amazing source that can somehow know the inner workings of every fighting game, even if the company doesn't want it to get out.

Even so though, I can believe them a little more knowing that info. Though a link to where they made these predictions would be nice...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
is it possable that reno and markman did not see the entire roster and are mistaken

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
seems to me that it's just as likely that Markman and Reno's IP ban is a hoax, too...does anyone know exactly how that would be enforced?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
seems to me that it's just as likely that Markman and Reno's IP ban is a hoax, too...does anyone know exactly how that would be enforced?
I thought the mod said if you leak info your banned that would mean they will be banned if there info is true

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
is it possable that reno and markman did not see the entire roster and are mistaken
I can't help but think that's a possibility. I'm pretty drawn on whether to believe the 35 roster or not. On one hand, the guys leaking this information do sound pretty credible, but at the same time, I have trouble believing Brawl would only have 35 characters after a little over two years of development. It could be that there's some last-minute clones that even they didn't know about.

Black/Light

Smash Master
See that's good info, I might be a bit more inclined to believe them now.

At the same time though, that means they still have never leaked info on a Nintendo game,. Tekken and Soul Calibur are owned by the same company so we can assume they have some source with them. I have a hard time imaging they have some amazing source that can somehow know the inner workings of every fighting game, even if the company doesn't want it to get out.

Even so though, I can believe them a little more knowing that info. Though a link to where they made these predictions would be nice...
Heres a better explaination. . .
And VF5 is Sega. I don't know ALL the games they collectively leaked but they have a impresive range. And IDK what "not leaking nintendo games" has to do with jack. Nintendo only has one fighting game series. . . and theres alot of ways to get nintendo info if you can leak all the leaks they leaked.
And C:poD is made by Snake's peeps and Snake's peeps have a hand in brawl. . .PoD leaked that.
I haven't posted here in awhile, but this is where I'd like to jump in. I'm not sure where this started, but there's now a wave of people painting guys like Reno and MarkMan as the devil. The mentality here is that if your favorite character didn't make the roster (nevermind that some of your other favorite characters probably did) then the guys who leaked the roster must have done it so they can point and laugh at you.

Never mind the sheer audacity of this being some sort of internet wide conspiracy, when multiple independant sources have provided evidance that contributed to this roster (The ONLY reason Mark and Reno were able to confirm the 35 roster is because the information had already been leaked). The assault on these guys' character when you've clearly never read any of their posts is appalling. Reno has an approx. 10 year history posting at GAF. Not only is he an informative and well behaved poster who's been known to keep cool in even the most heated arguements, but he's also developed a respectable reputation as the go to guy on ANYTHING fighting game related. Note that he has the tag "I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!". Getting a tag is very hard on GAF, and most of the folks who do earn tags, get them for something embarassing. Reno's, however, is good.

So, maybe he's in on this with the mods or something? I doubt it. Not only has he been told false leaks will result in a permaban (throwing away a 10 year history to rile up smashboards would be questionable) but he's also a fan of Smash Bros! GAF's fighter fans are notoriously hostile to the kiddypartymascot game which masquerades as a "real" fighter. Yet Reno, GAF's foremost expert on the genre, defends the game and its fans from that sort of ignorance. Why? because he respects the game's design and what it means for fighters as a whole! And he respects the fans who have recognized this! What reason would he have to throw these same people for a loop?
you can't be serious about this... :\

But anyway, I realise some of you don't read NeoGAF, and those who only lurk may not be able to review post histories. So I've done some stalking for you. PLease excuse the lack of formatting:

Reno is famous for his knowledges about fighting games, and his close contacts to people who work on them. He regularly provides imformation about fighters, including links. His biggest recent leak was VF5 360 online when Sega was denying it. I'm not going to hunt down the thread, but it will probably register on google. I've only spent about 10 minutes quickly screening recent posts, but here's some relevant stuff:

Reno in the know:

Reno on the Soul Calibur Star Wars characters in early December (they'd have had his head if he actually leaked this):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8837397#post8837397

Reno: I've also heard some stuff about the marketing of the game that just made me roll my eyes in disbelief, but again all of this can change before the game is released

Other: "do you know who the two secret characters are? "

Reno: Yes, and I'm not saying who they are. :p

Reno on Smash (aka why this guy wouldn't lie to you):

Bare in mind that both of these threads are hostile to Smash players. Most fighting gamers on GAF considr Smash a joke, yet Reno stands up to them (I don't think he actually plays much, but he understands why others do)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7851152#post7851152

Reno: i dunno, i consider smash bros more of a real fighting game than soulcalibur 3. :p

I don't get the smash bros hate either. The game is fun, competitively balanced, has a
pretty good community of players, and so on. I got a lot of respect for the smash
series and I know that a lot of other competitive players also believe the game is
worthy of being at Evo, but I guess the ones who just talk the talk but don't walk the
walk are the people who slam it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8753644#post8753644

Reno: FWIW, I don't mind Smash being on a list of top fighting games at all. Smash being that
high on the list is something I don't agree with (I'd put it somewhere around #5 or #6)
but excluding a game like Smash is very short-sighted.

MarkMan (the other leaker) on Smash :

MarkMan : Way more balanced than SC3. lol.

On the Wii (another indication he's no troll):

this is the MOH3 thread, a pit of trolling, irrational hate, and other such nonsense

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8193467#post8193467

Other: "Saying things like it's going to be a "wagglefest" really doesn't show much
objectivity, especially since we know very little about the game right now
."

Reno: Can I quote this for a lot of truth? Can I? I've never used the phrase before but I'd
like to right now. Game on the Wii doesn't equal automatic waggle controls. Get it
through your heads, seriously.

I'm maybe willing to believe Reno has incomplete imformation, but I don't see why he would outright lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom