• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley confirmed???(No not related to Masterpieces >.<) Translator would be cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Ok first of all, is Wii-ds.com an official Nintendo site? if so ridley is 100% confirmed, if its a fan site take it with a bag of salt(yes, a bag, not a grain, i've grown tired of "prophets")

Original link: http://wii-ds.com/article/80654317.html#more

Google translated link:http://tinyurl.com/2q6mha (huge link so I ran it trough tinyurl)

If you highlight evrything it will show how to unlock Jiggs, Falco, and Ridley.

And since google translator sucks I would greatly apreciate it if a translator would take a look at that site(maybe to reveal some info, or to see if its a Nintendo official site)

Anyway, just something I found.

*puts on anti-flame suit*

EDIT: Also got this from the Brawlcentral forums!(Bolded so people wont think i got it of the frontpage)

(Credits to Zombiekirby)

I'm not buying tho, it shows Zamus as a standalone fighter in tourney mode. still I think its fairly interesting.(Novus also pointed out that Zamus's name is KKK, wich basicley debunks this pic.) The Tourney Pic IS fake, the creator admited it, i think he was called "Omega" and he does sprites.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yes, it's a reliable site, although I dunno if it's official. Probably legit, and because of this Ridley in Brawl is great news.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Wii-ds.com is not official. It's Nintendo Times. It's one of the sites on my Japanese Everything thread. I check it daily but Smashboards has been down. It's reliable.

Cheeseknight28

Smash Cadet
I mainly hope this is real, not because I am a huge Ridley supporter, but because it would disprove that ****able 35-roster.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
I think that Jiggly is Target Test, Falco is Hundred Man Melee or 15 Minute Melee, and Ridley is defeating his boss battle in SSE.

a77

Smash Cadet
It's not an official site. And from the Google translation it seems it's just a rumor.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
That was a very sketchy translation, but it did make some sense. Now let's just hope it's right/real.

lengeta

Smash Ace
It isn't an official Nintendo website, so it's pointless to draw conclusions based upon its info.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Sounds good.
Can only hope its true. It'll finally debunk the worst roster imaginable.

Ridley sounds promising to unlock.
Something about Subspace.
I was hoping for an area in subspace where you have to out-run Ridley in an exploding area, once you get out you think you're fine and Ridley emerges, and into the battle to unlock him.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Also got this from the Brawlcentral forums!(Bolded so people wont think i got it of the frontpage)

(Credits to Zombiekirby)

I'm not buying tho, it shows Zamus as a standalone fighter in tourney mode. still I think its fairly interesting. .(Novus also pointed out that Zamus's name is KKK, wich basicley debunks this pic.)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It isn't an official Nintendo website, so it's pointless to draw conclusions based upon its info.
Not so much as pointless as unreliable. I for one believe it is true, since Famitsu got an early copy, so other sites may have too. Who knows?

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet
Hahaha yeah that tourny photo with KKK and WTH made me smile. then Ness, wtf :D
Nice find on the blog though - lets hope!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Forgive my ignorace, but what does KKK means or what? Also, although i do hope Ridley is a playable character... that cou- **** where's Samurai Panda!?

Televangelist

Smash Cadet
Hi guys. I read Japanese, and went through that page - using RikaiChan occasionally for Kanji I didn't know, not going to lie and pretend I'm 100% fluent. :)

It's saying that this information was given by a Wii-DS commenter named "Lodley-san" or something like that -- someone foreign, the name is represented in Katakana as "Rodorii".

They seem to place some trust in him -- the rumor has been picked up on other japanese blogs as "Lodley san says _________", so apparently it's not just a 'name in the crowd' to them. However, I have no idea who he is, and googling the name in Japanese didn't turn up much of use.

So, until someone can explain to me who "Lodley san" is -- take this with a giant grain of salt.

Just one note, though -- reading the Japanese sites and smash blogs, it seems there's a persistent rumor among Japanese smashers that a guy named 'Johnny' from the Animal Crossing series is a playable hidden character. I've never played Animal Crossing, no idea who the guy is, but since there have been Animal Crossing updates on the Dojo with a 'series icon', and yet no character as of yet, I figure I'd mention it.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys. I read Japanese, and went through that page - using RikaiChan occasionally for Kanji I didn't know, not going to lie and pretend I'm 100% fluent. :)

It's saying that this information was given by a Wii-DS commenter named "Lodley-san" or something like that -- someone foreign, the name is represented in Katakana as "Rodorii".

They seem to place some trust in him -- the rumor has been picked up on other japanese blogs as "Lodley san says _________", so apparently it's not just a 'name in the crowd' to them. However, I have no idea who he is, and googling the name in Japanese didn't turn up much of use.

So, until someone can explain to me who "Lodley san" is -- take this with a giant grain of salt.

Just one note, though -- reading the Japanese sites and smash blogs, it seems there's a persistent rumor among Japanese smashers that a guy named 'Johnny' from the Animal Crossing series is a playable hidden character. I've never played Animal Crossing, no idea who the guy is, but since there have been Animal Crossing updates on the Dojo with a 'series icon', and yet no character as of yet, I figure I'd mention it.
you make as much sense as the google translator...

no offense.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Yeah, I certainly hope it's true, not because I doubt Ridley's chances, but because it would get rid of all this rubbish about supposed confirmed/deconfirmed characters...

Televangelist

Smash Cadet
you make as much sense as the google translator...

no offense.
Well, which part do you need clarification on? (And in case I didn't make it clear in my initial post, I'm a native English speaker)

The point is that it's not like the folks running Wii-DS got a copy of the game and posted this information. Rather, a commenter on their blog gave them this information.

In short, even if Wii-DS and the people who run it are reputable, that doesn't mean a commenter on their blog is, at least until we know more about who this apparently-well-known-to-Japanese-smashers commenter is.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
God do you people go on google and search for this stuff 24/7?........ If you do, please keep doing it. Nice find :]

Zek

Smash Ace
It's a rumor, and with no way to verify how reliable it is I wouldn't take it too seriously. Even if the blog is honest it doesn't mean they can tell which "prophet" is telling the truth. Hopefully somebody else that reads Japanese can explain the context to us.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Tourney pic = fake.

1. I doubt you keep ZSS form after a battle. Even if you did, she should be facing the other way like her official art render. Note how every other character's pic is from their official art.
2. Ness looks Photoshopped. He's kinda blurry and just doesn't fit in right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom