• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley confirmed???(No not related to Masterpieces >.<) Translator would be cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They were credible in the past, but there's always a time when someone is wrong and there is just too much against what they say this time. They seem like nice guys, but really everyone is WRONG every once in a while.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
You know, all n all, the roster Reno shows isn't all that horrible. I could live with it. It's just speculating so much on this gets your hopes up. Before I ever got on the boards I never even so much as expected Ridley, I just really wanted Sonic. Well I got Sonic, and that's amazing, but since I got on the boards, well, Sonic just wasn't good enough anymore, I wanted all these other badass characters people were listing. Geno? Holy ****, I haven't seen him since Super Mario RPG! What a great choice! Yeah. Well, I can live with the roster if I have to. It's really kickass.

But I will say one thing, because I've said it since Melee, one Metroid rep is weak-sauce.

Ridley for Brawl. :)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
@black/light

See this kind of info is useful. I admit this does make me trust them more. However I still can't say I believe the 35 char roster completely. I don't think their lying, but at the same time their source could be.

Black/Light

Smash Master
They were credible in the past, but there's always a time when someone is wrong and there is just too much against what they say this time. They seem like nice guys, but really everyone is WRONG every once in a while.
"too much against what they say this time."

Please, explain whats against them besides fan favs not getting in or the odd ROB-hate.

And they have yet to be wrong. If they are wrong than thats it for them. . .IP banned and all rep is gone. Im pretty sure they wouldn't put sooo much on the line if they are either faking or wasn't 100% on what they are saying.:ohwell:

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Unless they don't really care. Although I wouldn't know.
They've been there for years.

is it possable that reno and markman did not see the entire roster and are mistaken
That's possible, but unlikely. You're talking to someone who wants everyone in this game too. :/ I'm a fan, I swear. I love all the characters people want in here. It's just...I don't see it. If they're right, I doubt they're also missing stuff at the same time.

What is against them? :ohwell:

You still have to remember that no matter how trustworthy this guy is, he's still a middleman, and middlemen are only as good as their sources.
As for them being "middlemen," they're still taking a huge gamble I don't think they'd cash if it wasn't necessary. They popped in with the information, placed the bet, and bailed. Mods accounted for their information and said it's likely it's all trustworthy. That says a TON right there for someone to carry that much weight for the own mods to back them, the same ones who would have to systematically IP ban respected members of that community in the event they're wrong.

There's a lot at work here, guys. We'll wait and see. Maybe they didn't get the whole roster. Maybe they were lied to. But...I dunno. :/

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Heh. I'm not going to discuss what is against them Black/Light. If you were using your common sense when looking at the Dojo and what's been revealed and said, you'd know a 35 character roster is anything but right.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone get to translating this yet? This info looks interesting.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Heh. I'm not going to discuss what is against them Black/Light. If you were using your common sense when looking at the Dojo and what's been revealed and said, you'd know a 35 character roster is anything but right.
Please explain? You've come this far, I'm really curious what would invalidate this. Enlighten me.

If you mean buzz words like "an insane" amount of characters...I just can't support something like that.

Is there any real, quantifiable evidence that you think is some good idea that the 35 character roster isn't possible in the least?

Open up that case file and ready the R button.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, I don't know what "common sense" you are using but I have yet to see one thing on the dojo that points to more than 35 characters and the ROB thing is pretty weak.:ohwell:

I am using "common sense". I see a overwhelming amount of things that point to them being right. Not only their cred and rep but also the fact that a mod voched for Reno (saying he wasn't lieing) and the fact that they have alot to loss for this. . .and the fact that soo many other reliable sources have said things on their own that points to this.

Thats what I came to believe. . .using my own common sense. I have yet to see anything point to MORE than 35 characters or absolute no possable ROB PC. This just seems like the most logical leak of this size this fare and I get nothing bad from believeing it. If it's fake, great, we get more characters. . .if it's real than Im cool with it and understand that it's Sakurai's vision and he didn't include my most wanted characters because of that.

Either way, please reframe from saying Im not using "common sense" because I don't side with you.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out that Black/Light has 3 characters in his sig for Brawl and none of them are in this supposed roster.

I think he's trying to think way harder than anyone else here who's trying to believe it isn't real. :/ It's easy to try and deconfirm something you don't like. It takes a lot to stand up and say "hey, this blows pretty hard, but it may just be true."

R.O.B. being a throw-away enemy in SSE says little. Suppose Bowser, in some parallel universe, wasn't immediately confirmed for Melee, and we saw he was the final boss for Adventure Mode (Giga Bowser not withstanding). Would that mean he's not playable?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You two are blind. Rep means **** in today's world. Use your common sense of the past Smash games and don't give me that ''Things change" crap.

A stage with an icon without a rep? Don't give me the DS thing either, DS is a system. Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's hottest new IPs.

Tons of mentions of Ridley on the site. The Balloon Fighter fish pointed out. Ways to get Trophy's for both R.O.B.S. , no sirs it is not I that has no common sense. It's you.

Sakurai has done 2 of these games. Why change now? IT'S not happening. They got something wrong for once. Big deal. It happens.

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
Although the 35 character roster isnt perfect and Ridley would perfect brawl i don't understand why there is so much hate against the 35 char roster, and especially against ROB

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
There's only one reliable source: Sakurai. Everyone else is trash; I don't care who it is, past credibility notwithstanding.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
You two are blind. Rep means **** in today's world. Use your common sense of the past Smash games and don't give me that ''Things change" crap.
We aren't blind. We have our own particular views on the matter. Good god. There's so much venom behind all of your responses and it's just unnecessary. Rep does matter if years' worth of respect is behind it. Being cynical doesn't always make you right. If I had a dime everytime someone said "______ means crap in today's world..."

That said, past Smash games, particularly the one preceding this one, DID disappoint with its roster.

"Don't give me that 'things change' crap?" By that logic there, so will this Smash.

A stage with an icon without a rep? Don't give me the DS thing either, DS is a system. Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's hottest new IPs.
Animal Crossing entirely lacks combat.

Tons of mentions of Ridley on the site.
SSE boss?

The Balloon Fighter fish pointed out.
Meaning what? That we'll get a playable Balloon Fighter rep? Because I'm pretty sure the guy's an AT.

Ways to get Trophy's for both R.O.B.S. , no sirs it is not I that has no common sense. It's you.
Have you ever considered for just a minute that there's alternate means of getting trophies that already exist for playables or that, despite being a throw-away enemy in SSE, there may be some incarnation of R.O.B. on the roster that is playable. It's not lacking common sense, it's entertaining other possibilities. This doesn't require you to be ANGRY at us, we're reserving freaking judgment till the end. Do you think we WANT to be right?

Sakurai has done 2 of these games. Why change now? IT'S not happening. They got something wrong for once. Big deal. It happens.
How is someone flat out WRONG but claims to be right and puts a big risk on their claim? As I said, they gave the info and left. This wasn't for attention. Unless it was a sure-fire, there'd be no reason to give the leak in the first place.

Step off Capitol Hill, Bill, and stop being so freaking angry over this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm done discussing this. You are not entertaining options. You are entertaining things that make no sense. Goodbye. End of conversation. We'll see who is right on Thursday.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
It just seems like any attempt at refuting evidence from the DOJO against ROB as a PC is just grasping.
It does, doesn't it? I don't contend that at all. It's just not 100% refuted. We gotta literally SIT HERE and see.

I don't care about being wrong. I don't like the roster, but I think it's real. If it's not, we're in luck, because we never have to hear from the two potentially unreliable leakers again, at least not on that particular forum with that particular name.

I'm done discussing this. You are not entertaining options. You are entertaining things that make no sense. Goodbye. End of conversation. We'll see who is right on Thursday.
Did clones make a lot of sense? Most people sure didn't think so at first.

Later, Bill.

Nightsama

Smash Rookie
Not trying to jump into this argument, just pointing out something.

Animal Crossing entirely lacks combat.
As do the G&W games. Technically, in terms of the hand to hand combat found in SSB, so do the Starfox games (remembering that the first SSB came before the SF adventure games) and F-Zero.
I'm honestly skeptical about an inclusion of a playable character from AC, just saying that the lack of combat doesn't necessarily make it that way.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Not trying to jump into this argument, just pointing out something.

As do the G&W games. Technically, in terms of the hand to hand combat found in SSB, so do the Starfox games (remembering that the first SSB came before the SF adventure games) and F-Zero.
I'm honestly skeptical about an inclusion of a playable character from AC, just saying that the lack of combat doesn't necessarily make it that way.
No, the G&W games don't "entirely" lack combat, there are some instances where you need to fight enemies or "kill" something of some kind. Bug spraying little bees, that sort of thing. That, for example, manifested as his neutral A. There's all kinds of other games where you do fight something, they're just not widely remembered. All the attacks in the game mostly come from G&W games where you did fight something, with the exception of the sausages or the trampoline.

They also did several ports of games where combat DID exist.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Zelda-Game&Watch.jpg

G&W is a quirky little character, there's no denying it, but I just don't see them making an "Animal Crossing Villager" that grabs people with his fishing pole, even if I'd be all over that.

Nightsama

Smash Rookie
Fair enough, my knowledge of G&W games is pretty limited. It still pretty much stands that they can make a fighting game character out of dang near anything tho, just as long as the moves reflect some aspect of their personality. Heck, C. Falcon by himself proves that they don't even need to go that far, just take someone fairly popular and make up some moves for him/her.

And I'm pretty sure that if G&W had been considered as a possibility for melee before it came out (I'm new to the community so I have no idea what the leak/prophet discussion was back then) people would have been saying something similar to what you are saying about AC Villager. :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
Let me just say that, should this be true, Ridley shall be known as our saviour.

Thank you. Good day.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
this thread has really gotten off topic...

anyway i hope the ridley leak is true cause the 35 character roster is a horrid miscreation.

i guess there's two things to judge here:

english speaking leakers we know have credibility versus maybe just as credible maybe not JAPANESE leak that in japan for whatever reason is credible enough to have them really talking about it.(understand if a japanese brawl fan found us talking about the 35 r.o.b. roster they might post it in japan and say i guess some one credible is saying this cause there all tlking about it)

so choose yur side either you choose to beleive english speaking leakers with crediblity or a japanese leaker who probably has better access to a game coming out in less than a week where he lives but who's credibility can only be judged by the fact that obviously alot of ppl in japan are beleivingh im.

i dunno which one i trust more, it's kind of even when you look at it like that, but i'm gonna hope it's true cause the 35 chaarcter roster is so bad. it is bad by the way, it's not a shortage of chaarcters it's the lack of diversity and secret newcomers that makes it so bad but thats a different discussion.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough, my knowledge of G&W games is pretty limited. It still pretty much stands that they can make a fighting game character out of dang near anything tho, just as long as the moves reflect some aspect of their personality. Heck, C. Falcon by himself proves that they don't even need to go that far, just take someone fairly popular and make up some moves for him/her.

And I'm pretty sure that if G&W had been considered as a possibility for melee before it came out (I'm new to the community so I have no idea what the leak/prophet discussion was back then) people would have been saying something similar to what you are saying about AC Villager. :p
I don't deny it one bit. I'm gonna make this pretty clear: I want this roster to be fake, I just think it isn't.

Keep in mind, the SSB moveset was also responsible for CAptain Falcon's later role in his anime. Although, maybe the other way around. I dunno.

EDIT: The other reason I think the 35-person roster is possibly real is Sakurai said he'd keep most of the secret characters to a minimum because most will play against secret characters in online play anyway. So something like 15 newcomers as secrets doesn't really hold up with me as being likely.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Why, after all this time, do you people still believe that 35 character roster?
Because it's the most likely leak and predicted various characters correctly thus far. It seems the most realistic by being the most minimalistic.

There's no danger in not believing it. It's not like being wrong will kill me. I'll be very happy if I'm wrong. In fact, I'm setting myself up to be MORE happy if it does turn out to be fake, and in the event it isn't, I will be more or less content, having been prepared.

There's a lot of personal integrity and clout behind its leakage. If it's wrong, it's wrong, we can all celebrate. Four, maybe five days, people.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Leak this, leak that....Just wait til Thursday at the latest, then we'll know what is the roster.
This leak is pretty much inconclusive for now, seeing how nobody knows if this guy's credible..

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Shuma, your posts are pretty much the only reason I've been sticking around this thread. Hilarious.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Not to me. I think it's fake, and I can't believe anyone else would believe it...
You don't decide if they have a lot of personal integrity and clout, though. The NeoGAF forums do. And they have.

It's gonna naturally be pretty difficult to agree with a roster that sucks. So if you choose not to, that's totally your prerogative.

Boofer

Smash Ace
You mean to tell me I went to bed when this was announced, woke-up, and no new info to prove them false or true has been found?

S2

Smash Lord
Ahh just a few more days and we won't be dealing with this rubbish.
Lol.

I hope they take my idea on these boards... that is, when Brawl does come out and we find the real roster. Every "prophet" who got a good laugh via made up character list, is IP banned for trolling.

Well maybe that's a little too harsh. But man, I get really tired of people lying for attention about the character roster.

Yeah, I'm sure one of the prophets will actually be telling the truth via a real leak, that's fine. Its the lying trolls who make stuff up that I hate.

As for this leak... I don't know. A lot of reputable sources relayed the fake interview where Sakurai said IC aren't coming back.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Shuma, your posts are pretty much the only reason I've been sticking around this thread. Hilarious.
Well Thank you good sir. Soon the day will come when everyone will apreciate my posts. Do you hear me world?

No really. Do you hear me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom