• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

paco27291

Smash Rookie
i am sorry guys that was frank (the one hating on ur brother vorguen) i left my computer logged on, i talk trash but i dont go overboard sorry although i was the last one that posted the video :)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Broly, Pokemon stadium is less neutral than Yoshi's Island.

To begin with, the ledges suck. Secondly, the transformations give some characters way more advantages than others. Just to start off, DDD, Marth, ROB, and others can infinite on those walls. Not to mention other reasons.

I'd say if there absolutely HAD to be a sixth neutral, it would be Pokemon Stadium. Other than that it should be a counterpick.

and Derk

When we drive to whobo, are we going to pass through Kingsville? Does anyone know? Because we could all stop at the Kingsville Chili's and eat or something. Or if there is an Ihop that too. It would be all 5 or 6 of us in the car + all 4 of you. Would be cool.

What do you guys think?

Edit:

I just looked at a map, it is confirmed, we WILL pass through Kingsville when driving through Houston.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Broly, Pokemon stadium is less neutral than Yoshi's Island.

To begin with, the ledges suck. Secondly, the transformations give some characters way more advantages than others. Just to start off, DDD, Marth, ROB, and others can infinite on those walls. Not to mention other reasons.

I'd say if there absolutely HAD to be a sixth neutral, it would be Pokemon Stadium. Other than that it should be a counterpick.

and Derk

When we drive to whobo, are we going to pass through Kingsville? Does anyone know? Because we could all stop at the Kingsville Chili's and eat or something. Or if there is an Ihop that too. It would be all 5 or 6 of us in the car + all 4 of you. Would be cool.

What do you guys think?

sounds good vorgy.

hopefully our work schedules dont conflict, but ill let the guys know

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Okay well to let everyone know, we would be leaving next Thursday after school at around

4 or 5 PM.

So we should be in Kingsville around 6 or 7 PM.

That work out for you guys?

Also I haven't told anyone else, but I know Shlike would think it a good idea, and Broly is online so he can say how he feels about it.

Broly

Smash Lord
TAKE ME...

and dude, stadium ledges are fine just dont be gay. MK can be countered there unlike lylat, LOL JOHNS, n stages in Melee also gave advantages to characters...

EX- Marth on Yoshis, Fountain
Falco on Final
Samus, Peach, Jiggz on Dreamland.

ya see

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
Okay well to let everyone know, we would be leaving next Thursday after school at around

4 or 5 PM.

So we should be in Kingsville around 6 or 7 PM.

That work out for you guys?

Also I haven't told anyone else, but I know Shlike would think it a good idea, and Broly is online so he can say how he feels about it.
2 hours from Brownsville to Kingsville. I've traveled alot and I remember it being awhile before reaching Kingsville. Also leaving at 4 or 5pm you're going to run into traffic trouble along with traffic backed up at the checkpoint when leaving the valley. So you might be delayed a bit. I'm just making an estimate I don't really remember or know for sure.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
2 hours from Brownsville to Kingsville. I've traveled alot and I remember it being awhile before reaching Kingsville. Also leaving at 4 or 5pm you're going to run into traffic trouble along with traffic backed up at the checkpoint when leaving the valley. So you might be delayed a bit. I'm just making an estimate I don't really remember or know for sure.
time goes by fast if your having fun though lol

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
Who knows, it will be a Thursday so there might not be too much traffic on the road because not many people travel on that day. We'll see.
Oh Thursday... I don't know for sure then. But you'll definitely hit traffic once you get near San Antonio I think. It all depends on the route you're taking. I might be thinking of something totally else.

time goes by fast if your having fun though lol
Yeah but harder for the driver and I think there is going to be only one driver...

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I trust Shlike enough to drive... and we're going to Houston so around the Corpus area we would be going in a totally different direction than San Antonio Syoudous.. we wouldn't be anywhere near SA.

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
I trust Shlike enough to drive... and we're going to Houston so around the Corpus area we would be going in a totally different direction than San Antonio Syoudous.. we wouldn't be anywhere near SA.
I guess I'm thinking of a different route or something of another. Oh well.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Well, you have the main gist correct. Houston is near the coast, and Texas starts to arch towards the East as you start passing Corpus. So to go to San Antonio and Houston, you travel the same route all the way to Corpus (or nearby, because you don't actually go INTO Corpus).

Then from there to go to San Antonio you go predominantly North (but it's actually a bit Northwest) and to go to Houston you travel predominantly Northeast.

San Antonio is about 4.5-5 hours from Brownsville and Houston is about 5-5.5 hours from Brownsville, but from each other they are about 4 hours away.

That might be easier to understand.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Is that really you Mikey? You are acting a bit more bromanceful than usual. Starting to think someone else is on your account... or you are dunk. haha

Or you have come to the dark side?!?!?

O.o

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
My Dad will be making hotel reservations and give me details on everything next week when he comes back to town. Sorry for lack of info and all, I'll have address, phone numbers, all that jazz for ya when I get it.

paco27291

Smash Rookie
Vorguen dont worry u wont hit any traffic if ur planning to leave from 4-5 and yes kingsville is 2 hours away from bville, 5-6 is usual traffic jam in S.A. and thats if you do go through S.A., and the sarita checkpoint is fast and u rarely ever wait in line, I have traveled alot too but I was also driving so i know first hand

Vorguen

Smash Champion
@ Good Ol Tree

Thanks a lot, keep us posted man!

@ Pax

Yeah I know, I went to college at UTSA for a year and I travelled back and forth at least 20-30 times. But, at Corpus to go to Houston is a different route than San Antonio, so basically that is all you have to worry about. The only places that get really bad with traffic are like Sarita if it is during a major travel time (like coming back from New Years... one time my friends called me and told me they were stuck on Sarita for an hour and a half and that it didn't seem like they were even close to finishing, so I went to McAllen instead of Raymondville from Harlingen and I took a different route from there to San Antonio and hit almost no traffic. They ended up telling me they did about 2 hours 45 minutes in Sarita)

ramble ended

@ Andilex

I am going to leave stuff on your house on purpose next time just so I can go back and get them. ;)

@ Chicken Tenders

So far nobody has really been trying to organize anything. Rest assured if I find out I will at least for sure text you. :)

@ Everybody

Next week I will be going on a training spree. I will be playing and training every day from Monday through Thursday for WHOBO. Everyone make plans to get spam called by Vorgy and probably take Shlike tagging along.

:)

Also lets make a get together next Wednesday or so since we leave Thursday.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Sure haha. It might have to be something like 4v4 or something. We'll see.

Who do you all main?

The ones of us going are

1- Snake main (Me)
2- ZSS main (Shlike)
3- Marth main (Broly)
4- MK main (a maybe) (Pax)
5- Diddy Kong main (a maybe) (Andilex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom