• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revolution. March 26th, Fort Worth.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Oh, I see what you mean about taking away from top 2. Well, I guess that example was catering more to the players placing lower than top 3.

But... with a turnout of at least 30 ( lower than 30, I suggest just top 3 payouts), wouldn't 1st place receive like a $65 profit (from my example), excluding the venue fee? I don't see how 1st place would come up with a $20 profit when he/she puts $10 into the pot and receives $75 (making it a $65 profit).

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
For the percentages red shadow I think I'm going to keep it at 5% because of how little anything lower might be. Like who wants to win 4 bucks? I think personally it's exciting to win like 15$ if 30 people show imo. But do you think that it would really affect competition?
i think so. if you're trying to do placement rounds then they would be irrelevent once people find out that getting 7th would pretty much be the same as getting 4th money-wise

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
hope this becomes regular.
Hey Denti, If the guy is later than normal (but he'd be there) Couldn't somebody sign for him as long as he's confirmed?

Sad that ALSM isn't going, Kovu as well, but this is still gonna be epic. Just a little worried that the turnout might be to big for the store itself.
Bringing two pals. Maybe another if he's off work.
So any predictions yet or Do I have this all wraped up trollolol.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
U two are ********. 70/20/10 OR 60/30/10 at worst. This aint a national so who cares about top 8

Denti

Smash Master
hope this becomes regular.
Hey Denti, If the guy is later than normal (but he'd be there) Couldn't somebody sign for him as long as he's confirmed?

Sad that ALSM isn't going, Kovu as well, but this is still gonna be epic. Just a little worried that the turnout might be to big for the store itself.
Bringing two pals. Maybe another if he's off work.
So any predictions yet or Do I have this all wraped up trollolol.
Yes I'm willing to work with him. As long as he shows up within a reasonable time and his entry and venue fee are payed BEFORE he arrives but just how late are we talking? btw If this situation arises tournament day and you need to contact me my cell is 1-405-923-7133.

@ red shadow - well honestly speaking I don't want to assume about turnouts but I'll just give you this to think about. 2 high school filled with 50 fliers each with over 3000 students, plus 4 gamestops. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIA TURNOUT WILL LOOK LIKE lol. time will tell good sir

@ d4b8 - i use to think that way but with dojo's thread about creating more competition and increasing the brawl scene he suggest to pay out to top 8 which a lot of TOs are agreeing with. Basically it keeps the scene exciting for more players and besides, the people breaking top 3 generally always make money anyways so for example why give first 175$ when 125$ would be fine. I mean it's not like they're rolling in the money but it's really exciting to win money from a video game for most people lol, even if it's just 15$ or so.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
i live kinda outta the way,but i can bring a set up(with a small as crap tv). im out there nearish downtown ftw. neo said somethin bout me spendin the night

Denti

Smash Master
sounds good bro. give me a place and a way to contact you and I'll let you know if I can make it happen. :D I'll do my best

Also guys I just swung by the venue, it looks even more bad *** every time i envision it. :D hype hype

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
+1 for a ride request from anyone at or near the Azle, TX area. I'm willing to work the tournament and chip in up to $20 in gas.

Call my cell for arrangements: 1-214-881-7617.

Denti

Smash Master
Yay! come on to this zac!

@ sanji and bunny - As long as I can pick you up whenever today I can definitely get ya'll. :D I appreciate the gas chip in guys because I was thinking I might not have been able to make it because of it. I'll contact you guys via cell or on here with more info about when I'll be leaving and stuff

'Za

Smash Rookie
Can't make it, just got ****ing called into work. Was really looking forward to this too.

Next time this happens, if there is a next time :(, I will make sure to request off so I can come. Denti, would you mind shooting me a PM if another one of these happens? I don't check for tournys often enough, I'm afraid I'll find out about it too late to ask off again

Denti

Smash Master
I will za! Sorry you can't make it :(

edit:

THIS IS A REMINDER GUYS! This is my first time hosting a tournament here so every please be on your best behavior and don't curse or rage. If possible I'd like to hold another tournament here again so lets keep them on our good side :)

Dojo

Smash Champion
Honestly I think you should payout to top 5 in this scenario. It's still paying top 6 placers overall and works well for a local reaching about 30ish.

Top 8 at a national usually sees the two 7th place finishers getting 2.5% each. With more players this is still fine because they're making in the area of 30ish dollars. At a 30 man local they're looking at making 10ish dollars at best which doesn't feel like much anyways.

Paying 4th the same as 7th isn't promoting competition. A lot of people will take advantage of this and stop caring once they break 7th, in turn making them mess around in tournament, and ultimately demoting competition.

You don't have to listen to me, but I would say go with top 5 payouts and make sure the increments go up every step.

'Za

Smash Rookie
Wow I am so ********. I thought the listing for this was TODAY (friday). I may be able to make it out tomorrow after all lol. Could be sketchy though, have to do things around the house first.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Yay! come on to this zac!

@ sanji and bunny - As long as I can pick you up whenever today I can definitely get ya'll. :D I appreciate the gas chip in guys because I was thinking I might not have been able to make it because of it. I'll contact you guys via cell or on here with more info about when I'll be leaving and stuff
sorry, but I just got called into work tomorrow so I can't come.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
you shoulda picked me up first Denti =[ i was planning on having practice at your house =[ am so sad. you are going to get a stern talking to tomorrow D=<

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who needs directions to the tournament or any shops nearby can contact me. My info is in the Southwest Travel Plans Google Doc: Here.

Nearby there is (obviously) Blueberries, Wendy's, Rosa's, Panda Express, Cotton Patch, Fridays, and all sorts of other miscellaneous restaurants.

I used to live in this area so I know it pretty well.

'Za

Smash Rookie
I got caught up in a lot of bullsh that I had to do before Monday (and I work Sunday) so I couldn't make it to this.

I would still like a PM, if you wouldn't mind, if another one of these goes down just in case I don't see it early enough, Denti :)

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
was a fun tourney, dissapointed with my late day performance but its whatever =\ was fun :p only wish i was on other side of bracket XD haha ggs to all i played.

Top Bottom