• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revolution. March 26th, Fort Worth.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
OH snap! Aren't you the Noshow soul from anime matsuri?
Denti man it's been forever :(
I really want to go out of town DEFINITELY next month or whenever you can bro.

Other than that, we're getting a ton of hype. I may be getting some people from Kansas up here.

Zeaton hype? :awesome:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Oh for real?! That'd be epic! Zeton is a boss!

It feels weird not traveling to other regions Batou, We've never had a local before lolol
I'm convincing him, Clel and anyone else to come down here for the revolution. If we're gonna do this big, we're gonna get the big guns down here.

'Za

Smash Rookie
I'd really like to come to this because I've wanted to get into competitive smash for a while now, and this is less than 20 min away from me (NRH).

BUT, I have class until 12:20. If I don't have a test I could just skip. Any chance of this becoming a semi regular thing?

Denti

Smash Master
I'd really like to come to this because I've wanted to get into competitive smash for a while now, and this is less than 20 min away from me (NRH).

BUT, I have class until 12:20. If I don't have a test I could just skip. Any chance of this becoming a semi regular thing?
Well doubles start at 1 PM and singles start at 3 PM. You could still make singles if you get out at 12:20, hell you could still probably make doubles. Like you said it's not a far drive. And I hope this will be a regular thing. It all depends on how happy the shop is with the turn out. (also don't tell anyone but I'll most likely actually be starting each event around 20 min after it's planned so late people don't get left behind)

@ red shadow - Sure! why not?!

@ Noshow soul - That'd be a lot of help! Thanks!

ALSO GUYS! I have some news, it can be taken either good or bad.
Absolutely none of my fliers have been taken down (which is unexpected because of where I put them via 4 gamestop's windows, 2 high schools, multiple light poles at intersections and at 2 TCC campuses). So This turnout might be interesting.. I'm serious.. Like.. it could get intense.. I'm not sure to be either happy or scared lol. So if any of my Fort Worth boys wouldn't mind, I might need support while running this event. BAH THIS MAKES IT ALL THE MORE EPIC RIGHT?! Why am I even stressing lol.

but realistically right now the low turnout is around 45 people.. and it seems very likely that it might increase still.

:D

Noshow_soul

Smash Rookie
Well doubles start at 1 PM and singles start at 3 PM. You could still make singles if you get out at 12:20, hell you could still probably make doubles. Like you said it's not a far drive. And I hope this will be a regular thing. It all depends on how happy the shop is with the turn out. (also don't tell anyone but I'll most likely actually be starting each event around 20 min after it's planned so late people don't get left behind)

@ red shadow - Sure! why not?!

@ Noshow soul - That'd be a lot of help! Thanks!

ALSO GUYS! I have some news, it can be taken either good or bad.
Absolutely none of my fliers have been taken down (which is unexpected because of where I put them via 4 gamestop's windows, 2 high schools, multiple light poles at intersections and at 2 TCC campuses). So This turnout might be interesting.. I'm serious.. Like.. it could get intense.. I'm not sure to be either happy or scared lol. So if any of my Fort Worth boys wouldn't mind, I might need support while running this event. BAH THIS MAKES IT ALL THE MORE EPIC RIGHT?! Why am I even stressing lol.

but realistically right now the low turnout is around 45 people.. and it seems very likely that it might increase still.

:D
.hey my setup can record just in case if u need .i'll bring my laptop also

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Hmm, I'll be at this IF and ONLY if I have the day off.

But to be honest I'm like 90% not interested in Brawl anymore.
Kovu I still want you to show up man.

I need you to bring Project M bro.

Not only that, we can have a small side event, or people can pay to learn how to play
the other brawl related games as well.

Regular brawl might not be as exciting, but I want the great Kovu (no homo lol) as entertainment....that and I need Project M.

GIMME THE DRUG.

BTW yes I have a TV but it's an unusually LARGE one Denti......friday get at me.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
should be able to make singles to this. doubt i'd make doubles but i'd team wit anybody at the venue if that happens.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Kovu I still want you to show up man.

I need you to bring Project M bro.

Not only that, we can have a small side event, or people can pay to learn how to play
the other brawl related games as well.

Regular brawl might not be as exciting, but I want the great Kovu (no homo lol) as entertainment....that and I need Project M.

GIMME THE DRUG.

BTW yes I have a TV but it's an unusually LARGE one Denti......friday get at me.

Bah, I work 9 - 6 that day. I'll consider letting you borrow my P:M setup though.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Not surprised by that outcome. It's funny how I"ll drive 110 the entire way on snowy roads for NoKoast and yet the summer time hits and you won't even take your time coming to Fort Worth? lol I'm just messing with ya. Maybe another time you guys wanna come down, just say the word and we'll get some arrangements going.

Yeah I"ll want to borrow your setup/TV bro. I'll be coming over today anyways so we can get our daily practice in.

Denti

Smash Master
So after some srs talking with srs C@ I've decide that if the turnout exceeds 30 people I'll change the payout to top 7 instead. The numbers in my head right now are 40, 25, 15, 5, 5, 5, 5. Sounds nice huh?

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
technically it's top 8 since there are two 7's lol (unless that's gonna play out too)

correct me if i'm wrong but right now you have it as:

1. 40%
2. 25%
3. 15%
4. 5%
5. 5%
6. 5%
7. 5%

top 3 is fine, but 4-7 get pretty much the same thing which i don't think encourages that much competition (example: if someone for some reason is just aiming for outside top 3, once they hit 7th then there's no point in trying anymore because they'll be getting the same thing as 4th, which makes placement rounds irrelevant). maybe rearrange it to:

4. 8%
5. 6%
6. 4%
7. 2%

that way placement rounds actually mean something

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I'm curious to what you guys think of this sort of payout:

1st. 25%
2nd. 18%
3rd. 15%
4th. 12%
5th. 10%
5th. 10%
7th. 5%
7th. 5%

For example, 30 people enter singles, making a $300 pot ($10 per person); it translates to this:

1st. $75
2nd. $54
3rd. $45
4th. $36
5th. $30
5th. $30
7th. $15
7th. $15

Overall, any turnout before at least 30 or 40 should have just the top 3 payed out. I think the example I displayed is fair; it gives players more of an incentive to place top 8 and gives more players a chance to earn money. Thoughts?

Denti

Smash Master
For the percentages red shadow I think I'm going to keep it at 5% because of how little anything lower might be. Like who wants to win 4 bucks? I think personally it's exciting to win like 15$ if 30 people show imo. But do you think that it would really affect competition?

@ alsm - I think that would take too much away from top 2 imo, I mean if people traveled to the tournament from OOS they might make a total profit of 20 dollars for first place. So I believe that would not bring in as much competition from other regions.

@ disquo bunny(or however you spell it) - I maybe could give you a ride good sir :D when and where?

Top Bottom