• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reviving Texas Melee

Bluk

Smash Apprentice
Yay tsetse i remember you from back in the day
Melee...I wanna play...

swift

Smash Journeyman
You guys need to come to my melee tourny. I will be hosting them once a month on a friday. Check my thread out.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
I just got a blast of nostalgia seeing true Texas O.G.'s like DoH/tsetse/Bluk/Mr. C/Sethlon/Kal/Kyle McClusky/Xyro77/Jesusfreak/AustinRC/S.O.S. post in this thread. po pimpus is more Oklahoma but he was so involved with the Texas O.G. scene that he's an honorary Texas O.G.

Tirno and Jake13 are fringe O.G.'s. Broly is double fringe.

Everyone else is thoroughly irrelevant. That's my assessment and it's final.

I'll be more than happy to assess anyone who hasn't posted in this thread once I check back in another 2 or 3 years.

MT_

Smash Ace
Who is this guy that is saying new players are irrelevant in a movement for Reviving Texas Melee? This sort of elitism is what is going to kill Texas Melee way more than it would ever help its revival.

MT_

Smash Ace
Don't want to start any animosity, but can you really be that ignorant?

While of course having "O.G."s participate in Melee Revival as super beneficial, it's clear that this is a videogame and people will eventually grow out of the game and move on with their lives... typically the people that have been playing this game for as long as the people you mentioned.

New blood is just as important for any sort of revival movement. How are you going to revive something that people have moved on from if you consider new blood irrelevant?

Though it's probably pointless to try and argue with you anyways; you're far too deep in an elitist mindset to take any words from a non-O.G. like me to heart, even though almost all of those people you mentioned know me.

Kal

Smash Champion
And Dcx successfully trolls, while maintaining anonymity, without signing into an alt. account.

Also, really pro argument MT. Ending with "though it's probably pointless to try and argue with you." Way to rep Austin.

MT_

Smash Ace
Kal, it's obvious he is trolling, but spreading that kind of elitist sentiment, trolling or not, really shouldn't be allowed to slide.

The point of me posting that wasn't so much of an argument to convince Dcx specifically but to put a stand for new blood toward those more open minded that would be reading this.

Way to throw support to the troll Kal.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
we should perhaps make a calendar for a texas circuit and decide on who will host tourneys and where they will be. for instance, the UT smash club meant to have NSIC be the first stop to this particular series, but no one really bothered to regard it as such ever since we mentioned it a month ago.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Dcx, in case your statement about not checking this thread again for 2-3 years was as facetious as most of your post and you see this message soon...you should return to the Austin/TX melee scene and go to NSIC!

Regarding a Texas circuit, maybe NSIC could be the first stop and swift could host the second stop in Dallas?

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Clay just used one of my all time favorite words "facetious." Not to mention I've played him enough times to know that he does indeed have the essence of a true O.G. I'm bumping Clay's status up to honorary O.G. which, by the way, outranks Edgar's "fringe O.G." status (lol edgar).

MT just got trolled by a patently non-troll, blatantly facetious post. I'm toying with the notion of creating an entirely new tier beneath non-O.G. just for him.

Jake13

Smash Lord
I've never seen mt get trolled before, espesh by someone who doesn't play anymore lol

Also for the record, I'm OG triple OG.

Don't get it twisted

swift

Smash Journeyman
Why can't we all just get along? Its wayyy better to troll in person. I'm tired of Cyber space trolling. That's why we need to get together. By the way no one can touch our Dallas smashers. They are truly O.G.

MT_

Smash Ace
I now remember why I try not to get too involved with anything.

It's been so long since I've taken trollbait, fml.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Do melee players still say "noob" and "no johns" oh and "you liked it"?

Kal

Smash Champion
We still say "noob" and "no johns." But "no johns" has been ruined. Rather than being about sportsmanship, telling people to take their losses like an adult, it's become a response to anything bad you've got to say about your play, regardless of context.

Fear

Smash Journeyman
We still say "noob" and "no johns." But "no johns" has been ruined. Rather than being about sportsmanship, telling people to take their losses like an adult, it's become a response to anything bad you've got to say about your play, regardless of context.
no johns etc

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Exactly how often does Dallas get together? Pretty sure they are the only consistent smash group in Texas still or am I wrong?

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
We have weekly smashfests and tournaments in Austin. Houston has the TYS tournaments regularly.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and we play at peoples houses fairly often. Not sure about Dallas, I think they have more brawl than anything. Then again they also have the best three melee players in the state there as well.

Kal

Smash Champion
Where?

No I don't think San Antonio has tournaments very often.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I live on the other side of town, bro! you're closer to SOS and kyle. but you still live way the **** out there.

and nah, they haven't had tourneys in a really long time.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Well I'm probably moving back to Austin soooo lets build up a good Texas Melee scene.

Top Bottom