• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reviving Texas Melee

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else foresee a problem when all the Melee discs and GCN controllers are broken? lol

Melee would be an awesome game to play for the rest of eternity, but Nintendo says 'no'

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else foresee a problem when all the Melee discs and GCN controllers are broken? lol

Melee would be an awesome game to play for the rest of eternity, but Nintendo says 'no'
But you can make and play GC game backups with the Wii plus they still make gamecube controllers, you can buy them online (nintendo online store or amazon).

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I've got that too.

Mario Party makes up for its slow pace with its crazy epicness and all the hilarious random crap that happens. Plus it takes amazing tech skill. xD

LeVash

Smash Rookie
How about sonic adventure two battle? You know what, I'll take a set up of tales of symphonia and whoever wants to join in just plug in, shotgun Lloyd and zelos

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
I love Metal Sonic~ And there's not that many characters to be besides Lloyd & Zelos. Maybe Regal ... and that girl with the axe whom I never used.. but Genis & Colette just charge. Oh wait, I could be Sheena! (lol, jk)

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
How about sonic adventure two battle? You know what, I'll take a set up of tales of symphonia and whoever wants to join in just plug in, shotgun Lloyd and zelos
Dude I played that game 100%! Next time you're in town bring a memory card and will start a play through haha...

LeVash

Smash Rookie
Dude I played that game 100%! Next time you're in town bring a memory card and will start a play through haha...
I'm down!! Hell yeah, just make sure to bring it when you go to touney. But if you're going to play, only rule is that you must yell demon fang when you use said attack.
:bee:

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
I'm down!! Hell yeah, just make sure to bring it when you go to touney. But if you're going to play, only rule is that you must yell demon fang when you use said attack.
:bee:
Correction: you must yell ALL OF LLOYD'S ATTACKS when you use said attacks

Mr.C

Smash Master
500 pesos*

My reign of terror will rain down upon thee with the fury of the five suns.

Jake13

Smash Lord
^ don't understand what that's doing here.

So guys, was NSIC the first stop of the Texas Tour?

(I can't think of the word for the set of tourneys... plus I like the alliteration lol)

:phone:

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
What up, Texas!

I've been living in the CA Bay Area for most of my life and gotten pretty excited about Smash over there. I've hung out with DBR a bit (Hella and Zel, you guys are awesome!), gone to a few tournaments and summarily gotten my *** kicked three ways into next week. But hey, no worries, chalk it up to a learning experience.

Now, however, I've moved out to Austin to accept a job offer out here with a tech company. I'm hoping to bring my Captain Falcon(Melee) and Lucario(Brawl) with me and represent CA as best I can, haha.

My only problem is, since my job is full-time and I live in Austin, any tournaments that are hours and hours away like Dallas or something are off the table. Does Austin have Smash tournaments very often, Melee or otherwise?

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Are there any melee players in Amarillo? I found their brawl thread, but I don't play awful games =/

I'm going to be driving through there sometime in early June, and I would ideally like to attend a tournament in the DFW area on my way back. I will be by myself on both of these trips, and hanging out with Texas players and Rob (always AZ!) would be awesome, if only for a smashfest :)

Selodin

2PAC
hey TX melee peeps, I haven't been able to play melee in forever, in tech school at sheppard AFB in wichita falls (middle of nowhere >.>). Does anyone know of any smash bros players anywhere around this area at all? Or is my best bet trying to get out to dallas for a weekend one of these days?

RAVENx08

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1489-8514
i made a group in facebook and hoping to make it legit called Resurrection

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
hey TX melee peeps, I haven't been able to play melee in forever, in tech school at sheppard AFB in wichita falls (middle of nowhere >.>). Does anyone know of any smash bros players anywhere around this area at all? Or is my best bet trying to get out to dallas for a weekend one of these days?
@ Selodin how close are you to the Rio Grande Valley? Maybe we could help you get around to play against someone.

Kal

Smash Champion
How long until JF comes in and asks for a money match?

Mr.C

Smash Master
Clay just used one of my all time favorite words "facetious." Not to mention I've played him enough times to know that he does indeed have the essence of a true O.G. I'm bumping Clay's status up to honorary O.G. which, by the way, outranks Edgar's "fringe O.G." status (lol edgar).

MT just got trolled by a patently non-troll, blatantly facetious post. I'm toying with the notion of creating an entirely new tier beneath non-O.G. just for him.
I <3 dcx lol.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
This thread needs to be more active -_- .... Well anyways Laredo seems to be rebuilding their smash scene incase no-one knew and lived nearby there. Also I'm down to play smash if anyone's interested and nearby my area.

Top Bottom