• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reviving Texas Melee

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
You seem to be located on the upper part of Texas close by where Dallas and Fort Worth are at. There should be competitive smashers around that area or at least that's what I've heard.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Anyone else have EXTREMELY LOW expectations for SSB4? I know I do.

So I don't get warned! I think if an SSBM tournament had a side pot of $100-200+ more people would be interested, going to a tournament with 10-16 people and only winning $70 dollars won't even cover gas prices.

milesg2g

Smash Champion

Mr.C

Smash Master
Hype summed up in four words; No gamecube controller ports.
True, if they release a real controller that isn't an extension to the Wiimote it would be easy to get use to.

I just hope they don't go down the same path as Brawl and re-add freaking Lcanceling ._.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Wow this thread became more active as soon as I posted today O_o. Anyways hopefully they'll make gc like controllers for the Wii U.

:phone:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I just hope the game is different but still smash. I like 64 for 64, melee for melee, brawl for brawl, and I want the same for the next one.

Kal

Smash Champion
Sakarai trying to balance the sequel seems pointless, since that's no guarantee he will leave out stupid **** like tripping.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Sakari said he was going to try and actually balance this next smash.
Balance just means he want's to get rid of such disgustingly high power discrepancies, doesn't mean he plans on making the series actually good again.

In my opinion the most game changing decision he made was to remove Lcanceling. There's a reason why all of the top tier characters have little to no lag animations on their aerials. Another big one was the removal of shielding while in the initial dash animation, I honestly have no clue why they removed it lol.

Nintendo needs to reintroduce a form of aerial canceling or we will have to sit through another dull game with very little approaching options outside of the top five-six best characters.

Pics (aka interview links) or it didn't happen
It was on an IGN interview, someone mentioned MK and how terrible Brawls balance was. It basically just said he was completely in charge of balancing Brawl but the next game he will have other people helping him.

1 noob balancing a game isn't any different than 2 noobs balancing a game, ggnore.

-----------

http://www.playdota.com/forums/511904/dota2-ingame-photos-added-trailer/
Some good news! Dota2 comes out soon! :D and D3 rmah will keep me busy in case SSB4 is worthless.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I really hope the next game is good. Every version of a "Balanced" game in a game designers eyes is horribad imo. They all usually have like "X Factors" or some bull**** and it's never really balanced just dumb as hell.

Top Bottom