• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I really don't have a very good theory that explains all the thefts at the time being. The simplest theory is, I think, that Maven is a thief, and that Ryu is either lying about his phone being stolen, or his phone was 'stolen' due to some rules of the setup rather than another player's actions. As much as I like the Ryu buses bus driver theory, I think it's easier to wait until we have more information.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't think they are Gheb's items. Mainly because Bardull told me I was given the items. But if they are his, *shrug*. I literally have no idea and honestly forgot about them till I checked my role pm about my Dahlia keychain.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The object of targetting Spak has been explained in detail by myself, but the most I can give you as extra reason is because I thought Spak was the towniest after D1 and targetted him. Voyeur is an odd role and one I thought, intially before the theives and things, was to help co-oberate PRs. So I may have thought Spak was town, but others did not so I decided I can help by proving people's stories true.

That is literally all I got regarding targetting Spak because this detail has been scrutinized plenty.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Gheb flipped Joker, Risky Berserker.

Joker does the FFV Four Job Fiesta run each year, on 'berserker risk' mode.

J's received the items a FFV cart and a Chocobo Flute- Night 1, the same night that Gheb died.

Or did two people just randomly decide to give J an item and say nothing about it? Two items that happen to share a theme?

Money says they're Gheb's. So why did J get them?

I mean, it seems unlikely they were distributed randomly and both went to J. It also doesn't seem likely that Gheb would give J any items. After all, J was right after Rosalina on the list of people Gheb wanted to lynch.

So...

'Town Beserker'

Berserk [1X/Anonymously Informed] - You may PM me the action Berserk: X. If that player is Town, you will gain control of his vote and gain access to a quicktopic with him but he will die at the end of the next Day. If he is not aligned with the Town, both of you will die immediately.
Hmmm...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That is odd, hmm gotta also think about Wott visiting Kantrip.

J killing Gheb would make sense with the items...but that could be planting for all we know.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nich you still have not addressed my question. If you think J is scum, why did he "clear" people?
He was on you, but next to nobody was following it, IIRC. "Clearing" you is a handy excuse to jump off your wagon and push somewhere else without having to justify a claimed read.

Anyway, I'm agreed with the train of thought that the double vote is too dangerous to remain in the game. Any objections to me burning it on J here and now?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I don't know how I unwatched this thread...

Anyways, will read up and reply tomorrow afternoon, if not I have part of Saturday, Sunday and Labor Day. Getting up in 6 hours, so I'm off to be. Good night to all and to all good night!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
^above not guaranteed to be accurate.

I do not have the patience to debate the benefits of J v WATT in a vacuum.
If you have a strong opinion on the topic, you better speak up already.

@ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 personally I would save it for right now, but use it before day's end.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
also, we ought to think about who hammers. Someone else figure it out i'm out of brainpower.

Swords, on the basis you have 1 pill left, keep it.
Nich, on the basis that you have 2 pills, give one away toNight.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm just going to go ahead and use the fire crystal now.

Activate: Fire Crystal

J should be at L-1 now if my count is correct.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Congratulations town, you finally finished off the mafia team. I can't believe I actually survived as long as D4, let alone to page 57. I tried my best for Kanty, but seems I couldn't convince ya'll to mislynch a 3rd person instead of myself. I got Rosa/Rake. But I scum-slipped too hard toDay by claiming Gheb's items. What a blonde move. Scum-team was really shafted, but I had tons of fun being the bad-guy of this game.

Maven is telling the truth about my cloak, but he is definitely the indy. Me and Kanty had finalized it to him or Nich. I just would rather town win than an indy because **** indies. I'm just glad I do not have to stress about this game any further.

My flavor question is WHY the hell was J a scum-role when I am 100% known for my town-play>scum-play.

I'm here to answer any questions to help find the indy. I have no reason to lie anymore. I wasn't Voyeur, I was Mafia Ghost Mod with a N1 Vig which I used on Gheb. I don't want anyone in the town to get my Poison so that's why I self-hammered. If someone stole my Dahlia Key-chain they would have gotten my poison which is "..." that our NK could have been taken away. So me and Kanty were lucky that Maven stole my cloak>key-chain.

Oh, fun story, your doctor is dead. Swords will be coming with me toNight. However, I have one final trick that will happen. That'll occur toMorrow and it has something to do what I really received from The Old Man from the present. The Velvet Wrapping actually holds more than what I let on.

Regardless, I'm happy to be dead and great job town. Ya'll have been playing a good game, but this set-up is really stacked against scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also thanks for announcing that I was at L-1 with the Fire Crystal! That was the first lucky break I got in a while haha.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I keep going back and forth as to who the Indy is. It is either Maven or Nichy. If you go back to back lynching them, the game will be over. But as to who should go first? Nichy has lied about poisoning antidotes, Maven is confirmed thief and both are claiming JoAT.

Lemme repeat that: Both Nichy and Maven are claiming JoAT. One of them is the indy based on this fact alone.

Maven89

Smash Master
Yeah I don't believe there's only 2 scum

I'm sorry I've been inactive recently, school just started back up for me so I've been focusing heavily on that, haven't had much time to devote to the game outside of a short skim. I figured no one would care what I said anyways unless J was flipped so people can get off me for tunneling that slot

I'm gonna use the last item tonight on Wots and see what happens

Maven89

Smash Master
And honestly I'm not too worked up over Nich's claim, because I've had suspicion I might be a negative JoT (current best guess is the potato was a rb and J just didn't do any action), and in a role heavy game I don't think it's that weird.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
But I scum-slipped too hard toDay by claiming Gheb's items.
yep.

Oh, fun story, your doctor is dead. Swords will be coming with me toNight. However, I have one final trick that will happen. That'll occur toMorrow and it has something to do what I really received from The Old Man from the present. The Velvet Wrapping actually holds more than what I let on.
spooky!

Regardless, I'm happy to be dead and great job town. Ya'll have been playing a good game, but this set-up is really stacked against scum.
fun setup is fun.

GG J

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@ BarDulL BarDulL

Since I'm pretty sure that's hammer, I want to share this with you now.

HELLO STOP SKIMMING AND READ THIS:

I targeted Maven last Night with my Jail. However, I was told that my action failed.

I don't know why it failed, or why I was informed. But it may be important to know going forward.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Reminder that J's items are likely to be distributed randomly tonight.

Reminder that there could still be mafia at large.

Reminder that someone's win condition changed last Night - and there's no obvious reason why.

Reminder that WATT's play has been scummy as hell- pay attention to their Night Actions.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.

Congratulations town, you finally finished off the mafia team. I can't believe I actually survived as long as D4, let alone to page 57. I tried my best for Kanty, but seems I couldn't convince ya'll to mislynch a 3rd person instead of myself. I got Rosa/Rake. But I scum-slipped too hard toDay by claiming Gheb's items. What a blonde move. Scum-team was really shafted, but I had tons of fun being the bad-guy of this game.

Maven is telling the truth about my cloak, but he is definitely the indy. Me and Kanty had finalized it to him or Nich. I just would rather town win than an indy because **** indies. I'm just glad I do not have to stress about this game any further.

My flavor question is WHY the hell was J a scum-role when I am 100% known for my town-play>scum-play.

I'm here to answer any questions to help find the indy. I have no reason to lie anymore. I wasn't Voyeur, I was Mafia Ghost Mod with a N1 Vig which I used on Gheb. I don't want anyone in the town to get my Poison so that's why I self-hammered. If someone stole my Dahlia Key-chain they would have gotten my poison which is "..." that our NK could have been taken away. So me and Kanty were lucky that Maven stole my cloak>key-chain.

Finally the sweet release of death.

#HBC | Dancer

Towns play this game was balls. Last minute lynched a coin flip Day 1 and lynched freaking Rake Day 2.

Good job swoddancer defending J Day 3 tho pushing Rake instead.

#HBC | Dancer

Hmmm, I looked over Kanty vs. WATT and there wasn't anything there that especially stood out as a SvS interaction.

I wonder if Maven really is indy? The fact that he didn't claim bingo against J would makes sense as indy. But then why do it now? Why claim what he has claimed at all? WIFOM, I know. He probably needs to be lynched but I'm just saying that i wouldn't be surprised if he really was some type of miller role given how stacked this set up seems against scum.

#HBC | Dancer

Gheb flipped Joker, Risky Berserker.

Joker does the FFV Four Job Fiesta run each year, on 'berserker risk' mode.

J's received the items a FFV cart and a Chocobo Flute- Night 1, the same night that Gheb died.

Or did two people just randomly decide to give J an item and say nothing about it? Two items that happen to share a theme?

Money says they're Gheb's. So why did J get them?

I mean, it seems unlikely they were distributed randomly and both went to J. It also doesn't seem likely that Gheb would give J any items. After all, J was right after Rosalina on the list of people Gheb wanted to lynch.

So...

'Town Beserker'

Hmmm...
This deduction, btw, was super brilliant. GJ Kary I'm pretty sure no one else would have made the connection.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Honestly, this setup seems like it's way too PR-heavy. Both mafia lynches so far have been almost entirely off of night action results, not scumhunting. I mean, a mafia lynch is a mafia lynch, but I don't feel like we actually had to work for it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Honestly, this setup seems like it's way too PR-heavy. Both mafia lynches so far have been almost entirely off of night action results, not scumhunting. I mean, a mafia lynch is a mafia lynch, but I don't feel like we actually had to work for it.
Don't draw the actions, aka acting off the radar.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Everyone in the throne room was perplexed; who else could be the one responsible for all these deaths? Was Cello really the only one involved? Impossible; this was the job of more than one man. Who in DGames could have been working with Cello in order to kill so many innocents, and why would they do such a thing?

There was one man no one suspected. An individual hidden within the shadows for months, biding his time as the ever constant flow of DGames seemed to be coming to a halt. His agenda seemed pretty pure; a background mod that was simply too busy with real life shenanigans to remain heavily invested in the community, and who could blame him at the forefront? However, this man was up to more than he let on, or so everyone began to suspect.

"J...it couldn't have been you, right? There's just no way. Nah, couldn't be. He's a mod, for crying out loud."

Everyone tried to look at J in a dark light, but it was too hard for anyone to point the finger at him under what seemed to be merely paranoia-contrived pretenses. Why would he do such a thing?

"Whether or not he wants to admit it, it's him. There are too many inconsistencies in what he has said. I know we all seem to think he's a good guy, but no one can deny the incredibly high likelihood that he has been working from behind the scenes to bury us."

J looked at the group and smiled innocently, slowly positioning an out-of-place umbrella over his head. Classy.

"You guys think it was little ol' me?! Please don't say such mean things to me...!"

Even with the pile of evidence hanging over J's head, no one wanted to believe it or raise a finger. Everyone was at a standstill, unable to act or progress; truly a daunting exercise in futility.

Suddenly, the room turned to darkness; everyone could barely make out all the figures still in the room.

"Uh, what the heck is going on? Did someone turn out the lights?"

As everyone looked around some more, a dark figure slowly began to approach the center of the room. However, this figure was different than what people were familiar with; the figure was wearing a mask that had three glowing red lights streaking across it. Who could this new individual be?

The figure stared at J, and then grinned.

"It's been a while, trite."

J's face turned from one of innocence to one of despair and urgency; J clenched his umbrella tightly upon realizing whom the figure was.

"But...but...that's impossible! You're supposed to be dead! How are you alive?!"

The figure continued grinning.

"Poison is one hell of a drug. I was out for days...even now, I can't say I've fully recovered. I must say though, poisoning my coffee wasn't a bad idea you had going there."

The lighting of the throne room slowly returned to normal. Everyone looked at the figure, only to discover that it was...

A Totoro wearing a Godot mask?! It was BARDEEZY! WHAT THE EFF?! Even the narrator found himself speechless in this crazy turn of events.

"You almost had me, J, but it'll take a slightly larger dosage to put me outta my misery."

J began trying to run to one of the throne room entrances, but Bardeezy was too quick; with unparalleled Totoro speed, he rushed to the front of the entrance, effectively blocking J's escape. J, unequivocally flustered, shouted out at the phat Totoro standing before him.

"How did you figure it out?!"

"You were the only one who could've done it, it's just that simple. It took us days to figure it out though, I gotta hand it to ya."

J, recognizing that there was no longer any way out, stopped trying to run and stood still, silently smiling at Bardeezy and the group.

"Why did you do it? I'll give you one last shot before I send you straight to hell."

J
took a moment, looking at all the people in the room that he had known for years, then finally turned again to Bardeezy.

"I almost had you all. I was tired of people jostling me here, to be honest. Every now and then, certain people would just be jerks to me and make me not enjoy myself in Dgamesia. I was tired of it all. When I became mod, I thought it would all change, but it didn't really...and here I am now, months later. I just wanted to be respected, and I wanted to get revenge against those whom sought to bring me down every time I entered a new game. It's not fair for me to just let go all of the bad things that have been said over the years. All the personal attacks that have happened in some of these games really stuck with me. I wanted justice."

Everyone was shocked to hear J finally admit to his crimes. Bardeezy, on the other hand, chuckled while shaking his head.

"Hah! I'll tell you somethin', J-bear. Killin' people ain't the answer to your problems. Sure, we've had a couple **** heads here get way too into mafia games. Heck, it even happened during everyone's stay here, but what you need to understand is that we all have our own unique perspectives, as well as our own approaches to how we live, including you. It's a power struggle, really. At the end of the day though, we're all homies. We make mistakes, but we continue onto the next day still holdin' hands. That's what important."

Bardeezy took a sip from a cleverly placed coffee mug located in one of his Totoro pockets. Damn, what a boss. :awesome:. After a few more moments of silence, Bardeezy spoke again.

"I understand you're a victim in all of this, but you went too far this time. Let's finish this."

Before Bardeezy could unsheathe his Totoro samurai blade though, blood slowly began to drip from J's mouth. J, despite the circumstances, continued to smile innocently.

"He poisoned himself!"

"Holy ****. When did he get the time to do that?! SOMEONE GET HIM A DOCTOR!"

It was too late though. J's internal organs rejected the poison, and slowly he fell, collapsing on the floor.

@ #HBC | J #HBC | J has been lynched! J was J, The Ghost Mod, Mafia Ninja Vigilante! J's items, if he has any, will be given to the player who last voted for him besides himself!

"I know I committed sin and that I should be punished...but I will go out my own way. Farewell, DGamesia..."

After a few more moments, J's pulse finally stopped. Everyone was sad, even though J turned out to be the mastermind behind this whole plot; J had been friends with everyone for years, and for it all to come crashing down like this was devastating.

Bardeezy took one more sip from his coffee, this time in silence. He too was upset from this turn of events...but the show had to go on; Bardeezy turned to address the group.

"Alright, Nabe and I are going to get this mess cleaned up. This game ain't over yet though. Go to your rooms tonight, and we'll try and figure out if there's anyone else involved in J's plan."

And with that...

NIGHT 4 BEGINS! NO MORE POSTING!

DEADLINE IS 9/6/2015 AT 11:59 PM PST!

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am sobbing at the flavor of this game. I don't even care, I'm so glad I signed up.

Thanks for the game everyone!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
As the morning dawned upon DGamesia, so did the deaths of two beloved souls.

@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary , Ryker, the Erupting Burning Jailer, has been killed during the night! The death is a mysterious one; Ryker's body does not look tampered with, yet poison WAS NOT the cause of death. Who could be responsible for this? Bardeezy, Nabe, Ranmaru, Zen, Xonar, and the rest of DGamesia were just as confused.

@ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer has died from poison! He was RosalinaSGS, Town Antidote Doctor!

As DGamesia mourned the deaths of these members of the community, a barrier was suddenly erected around the throne room! Xonar, Ranmaru, Zen, and Nabe have been forced outside of the barrier! What is the meaning of this? Only Bardeezy, the Godot Totoro mod, alongside the remaining suspects, have been kept inside!

"The villain, or villains, must know that they are getting close to their goal. Everyone, be on your guard."

DAY 5 BEGINS!

Deadline has been set for 9/14/2015 at 2:00 PM

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Remaining living players:

Spak
Maven
Wots
Nicholas
Red Ryu

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'd bet either Maven or Wots is Indie, but I'm not 100% we got the whole scumteam... 2 scum seems a bit low for a 13-person setup.

Top Bottom