• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I didn't get anything, no. I think that the fire crystal activation simply doubled the power of my existing vote, and that J's items actually went to Kary, which in turn means they've probably been gathered by scum.

Thoughts on scum-reads to come later, I need to think.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Hey guys, I was like "Hey, lockpicks? I don't remember those.", so I went back and searched for "lockpicks". In the process of that, I found this post:
Not sure. Fand said WATT visited Rake N1, but the unaccounted for theft N1 was Ryu's phone.

Really just want to hear why WATT has lockpicks.
Now, we know Fanny had no reason to lie since he's confirmed townie, but we also know that Wots couldn't have possibly stolen anything from him. The conclusion I got from this is that since Laundry was poisoned (and had the sphere to save him) N1, the poisoner cannot be Wots. Likewise, the poisoner cannot be Maven because it was confirmed that he stole the cloak from J N1 (assuming he doesn't have multiple night actions, and that the Mafia can't communicate with the Indies).

I was about to post about how Laundry can't have been the poisoned because he died N1, but then I realized that Laundry could have self-poisoned to make it appear that he had been targeted to be killed at night. Keep in mind that whenever his inventory was searched, he had two antidotes. He should have only had one if he was saved by Dancer, so I don't think he was expecting to be saved from the doc and activated his sphere that night to create the illusion and it would break as proof. I would need to ask @ BarDulL BarDulL to see if poisoners can self-target, but if they can, he could be a suspect. If you self poisoned, then I'd say you hit a new low.

Also, @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu could you please give me a post number where you role claimed? I think everyone just assumed you had the sister role to Rosa (because of the phone) and never questioned it.

Also, who has the gun?

Last but not least, the change of win state worries me. I'm fairly certain Wots is the thief, but were there two indie and a changed win state, or one indie and now two, or three Mafia and now one, or (worst of all) a townie gone bad?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I was like "Hey, lockpicks? I don't remember those.", so I went back and searched for "lockpicks". In the process of that, I found this post:
Now, we know Fanny had no reason to lie since he's confirmed townie, but we also know that Wots couldn't have possibly stolen anything from him. The conclusion I got from this is that since Laundry was poisoned (and had the sphere to save him) N1, the poisoner cannot be Wots. Likewise, the poisoner cannot be Maven because it was confirmed that he stole the cloak from J N1 (assuming he doesn't have multiple night actions, and that the Mafia can't communicate with the Indies).

I was about to post about how Laundry can't have been the poisoned because he died N1, but then I realized that Laundry could have self-poisoned to make it appear that he had been targeted to be killed at night. Keep in mind that whenever his inventory was searched, he had two antidotes. He should have only had one if he was saved by Dancer, so I don't think he was expecting to be saved from the doc and activated his sphere that night to create the illusion and it would break as proof. I would need to ask @ BarDulL BarDulL to see if poisoners can self-target, but if they can, he could be a suspect. If you self poisoned, then I'd say you hit a new low.

Also, @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu could you please give me a post number where you role claimed? I think everyone just assumed you had the sister role to Rosa (because of the phone) and never questioned it.

Also, who has the gun?

Last but not least, the change of win state worries me. I'm fairly certain Wots is the thief, but were there two indie and a changed win state, or one indie and now two, or three Mafia and now one, or (worst of all) a townie gone bad?
Kinda hard for me to have stolen fron myself mate
Kills generall aremt self targettable
Bardull confirmed no alignment change but changed wincon, whatever that means

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Kinda hard for me to have stolen fron myself mate
Kills generall aremt self targettable
Bardull confirmed no alignment change but changed wincon, whatever that means
Sorry, meant "poisoned", not "stolen". Didn't know about the alignment change.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Still thinking, but I do want to point out that today is effectively MYLO. The thief stole both parts of the gun I'd received from Rake, so he does have a daykill. This means that mislynch + nightkill + daykill would leave us at two players and a lost game.

Anyway, did we ever get an explanation as to why Kary's jail attempt (during N3, IIRC) on Maven failed?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Also, who has the gun?

Some post earlier, it was towards the end of day 1 and into day 2.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Still thinking, but I do want to point out that today is effectively MYLO. The thief stole both parts of the gun I'd received from Rake, so he does have a daykill. This means that mislynch + nightkill + daykill would leave us at two players and a lost game.

Anyway, did we ever get an explanation as to why Kary's jail attempt (during N3, IIRC) on Maven failed?
Think it is Maven?

Maven89

Smash Master
I was at class. I have much to say and have figured some of this out, cause I got a bingo last night with my item.

I used my orange last night on Wots, and it turned out that it checked the use of one of his items, and it told me the lockpick set let you steal an item from a player every night. I was told we got "hazy:awesome:" but it heavily hinted that Wots was informed what happened. I already claimed I was going to be the one targeting him
I'm gonna use the last item tonight on Wots and see what happens
I'm guessing that's why Wots is saying his lockpick was stolen. I didn't steal them, he still has them, and he's the item thief.

There's 5 players left, and the only vig item was a trueshot vig, meaning that whoever uses it has to use it on a non-town or else they die too. So if the Vig was going to be used it could only be used on a non-town player or else they die. This means this lynch is not mylo, no one can win tonight.

There's never been anything but random role nonsense to ever put on my slot, and with J lynched and me having spent almost all game putting my neck on the line to push that slot, the idea that I'm not town doesn't make sense. Lynch WoTs, he's the item thief, he's either the independent or the last scum. If he's not the item thief, or if he still has his lockpicking set, lynch me immediately afterwards.

Vote: Wots

I'm not the item thief. We can prove this right now.

Last night I also received a poison antidote.

The orange was the last of my items. The Apple was an item theft, I have no idea what the potato did, and the orange was an item use check. I'm not sure what the potato was supposed to do, I'm half thinking I might have been rb'd that night but I have no idea. So as far as I can tell my role is really dumb, but I guess that fits for Gorf? A random role that doesn't even know what it does and is stupid? I'm not sure and I'm trying not to think about it because I still think Bard made my role as a miller, and since it's the only thing that keeps getting me brought up I'm starting to get really annoyed with it, cause I don't recall ever having a role that fights you like this one has done

Lynch Wots and it will prove I'm town. This cannot backfire for us

Maven89

Smash Master
Unless NIcholas knows something we don't, the gun was claimed to be a truevig shot, meaning if it doesn't hit scum or independent the person who fired it dies too. Since it seems at best there's 1 scum and 1 independent, unless they hit themselves whoever uses it will instantly lose the game, and if they do use it on each other we just lynch the other and win the game.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I was at class. I have much to say and have figured some of this out, cause I got a bingo last night with my item.

I used my orange last night on Wots, and it turned out that it checked the use of one of his items, and it told me the lockpick set let you steal an item from a player every night. I was told we got "hazy:awesome:" but it heavily hinted that Wots was informed what happened. I already claimed I was going to be the one targeting him

I'm guessing that's why Wots is saying his lockpick was stolen. I didn't steal them, he still has them, and he's the item thief.

There's 5 players left, and the only vig item was a trueshot vig, meaning that whoever uses it has to use it on a non-town or else they die too. So if the Vig was going to be used it could only be used on a non-town player or else they die. This means this lynch is not mylo, no one can win tonight.

There's never been anything but random role nonsense to ever put on my slot, and with J lynched and me having spent almost all game putting my neck on the line to push that slot, the idea that I'm not town doesn't make sense. Lynch WoTs, he's the item thief, he's either the independent or the last scum. If he's not the item thief, or if he still has his lockpicking set, lynch me immediately afterwards.

Vote: Wots

I'm not the item thief. We can prove this right now.

Last night I also received a poison antidote.

The orange was the last of my items. The Apple was an item theft, I have no idea what the potato did, and the orange was an item use check. I'm not sure what the potato was supposed to do, I'm half thinking I might have been rb'd that night but I have no idea. So as far as I can tell my role is really dumb, but I guess that fits for Gorf? A random role that doesn't even know what it does and is stupid? I'm not sure and I'm trying not to think about it because I still think Bard made my role as a miller, and since it's the only thing that keeps getting me brought up I'm starting to get really annoyed with it, cause I don't recall ever having a role that fights you like this one has done

Lynch Wots and it will prove I'm town. This cannot backfire for us
Bull**** i still have them. Also why didnt you cc my item checker claim then?
What exactly did spak claim ooc?

Maven89

Smash Master
Like I said from the beginning I'm not told what the items do

I honestly do think you can check items, since you knew I had the cloak. Since every scum that's died has had 2 roles, I think it makes perfect sense for you to be the final scum and be able to both check and steal items.

Maven89

Smash Master
Also you could easily be jndy regardless of my flip, no wah yoi and noch are both joats and I'm surprised neither of you have pushed on this
No I've completely considered it, but the slot hasn't done anything scummy outside of a strange claim of using the antidote which can go either way, and our roles don't seem to be related to each other. Far as I can tell Nicholas is told what he can do and the items themselves are the roles, as far as I can tell my items influence my role and probably couldn't be used on their own. I couldn't give someone the orange and if I died it's all gone, unlike Nicholas who if scum killed they would have probably received all of those crystals. And considering the type of game we are in, I'm not even bothering with any of it unless he claims to also have an item theft or item check or a potato whatever

Your slot joined up with J to try and lynch someone else over Kantrip. Your slot also pushed Rake. You apparently knew Kantrip was the busdriver all day 2 but said nothing. Kary said he wanted you lyched and Dancer agreed, and now they're both dead

You did a good job, but you're still scum

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
You're assuming that i could kill and poison in the same night, whoch is kinda ridiculous seeing as that means the town could be down 5 people by day 3, noce try though. The kary kill had to be the indy, or j probably would have gloated about that too.
Also, thats kinda stupid to have an item checker and a thief be the same role, because then he could just learn everything about someone and maie his picks. Thats a lot of power in ine persons hands
Busdrover would have been a solkd town role in this setup considering the whack amount of **** town apparently has, double edged sword.
Ill bite on the not knowing what each item does but someone out there stole my picks and you're the onlt one i can see feasibly doing it with the claims on the table minus whatever spak is that i forgot

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Right, so after thinking it over, there's one thing that sticks out to me in particular.

Two people were stolen from on N1.

Maven has claimed one of those results; namely, stealing the cloak from J. Nobody has claimed the other one (stealing the phone from Ryu), and so it's reasonable to conclude that whoever was responsible for that bit of stealing is anti-town. Furthermore, to the best of my knowledge, only one person was stolen from on subsequent nights, this in turn matches up with Maven's claim that he's only one-time thief along with other stuff.

Unless NIcholas knows something we don't, the gun was claimed to be a truevig shot, meaning if it doesn't hit scum or independent the person who fired it dies too. Since it seems at best there's 1 scum and 1 independent, unless they hit themselves whoever uses it will instantly lose the game, and if they do use it on each other we just lynch the other and win the game.
While a reasonable guess at the mechanics, that isn't how this game's trueshot gun works. The penalty for shooting a townie with this particular gun is simply that you take one less vote to lynch, which does mean we're still in MYLO. (Of course, if you had the gun, you'd know that, and even if you knew and were lying, you would have known I would call you on it, so ultimately I consider this a null tell, or perhaps even a WIFOM-y slight town tell.)

Regardless, I believe Maven. The only real point of suspicion against him is that his role flavor sounds suspicious, when the mod literally tells us IN THE GAME RULES not to rely on flavor.

Vote: WATT

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You should hnvote considering that puts me at l1 and its barely into the dayphase
Except the last scum is between you and Maven, given Maven's claimed night action result. A scum quickhammer is theoretically impossible, and besides, I'm pretty sure about my logic.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Still, what about Mr. Poisoner? Do we have two Indies? Also, still waiting on Ryu's role claim. Still, I never read about anyone using the gun dying? All I remember was Rake having a bomb jacket.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just found this post while looking back. If someone claims to have the bomb jacket, we know they are town. If someone counterclaims, we'll have it down to 2 suspects. Town, do NOT claim the jacket if you don't really have it, and claim it ASAP if you do. You'll screw us over if you claim it without possession of the vest. Worst-case scenario, we narrow it down to 4 and have a confirmed townie.

@ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu @ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 @ Maven89 Maven89 I do not have the jacket.

Top Bottom