• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
**** yall my **** actually was stolen last night and no ine even ****in considered it.
Lynch maven tomorrow, hes almost definitely the indy
Gun doesnt end phase, you could shoot him then ltnch between noch and spak of the game isnt over.
Maven stfu with the bragging, scum played like garbage but still outplayed town until noght actions came into olay and tucked us royally.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Wots All This Then [3] - Maven, Nicholas, Spak
Maven [1] - Wots
A lynch has been reached!

Swiss was known for being...a bit of a sadist. Telling people things that oft times were overlooked for peculiar reasons even in the face of the rules. People would dismiss his demeaning assertions about others for reasons they themselves didn't understand. Perhaps it was fear for what he had to say at some subconscious level, or perhaps it was that they were caught up in this fervor, this belief that what he was saying was acceptable; that his overt and outward assertiveness with respect to his ego was something to be commended and respected.

Regardless, this time was not the case; everyone had begun to surround him in the throne room, as they were fairly certain that the man was guilty.

"Pfft, you guys are trash compared to me. Worthless garbage, sheep that haven't a shot in hell of lynching me. Get the **** out of my face you spineless swines, assuming you're even worth being considered swines."

As always, the domokun was not without his choice vernacular, but it seemed as though he had dug himself simply too deep this time for people to disregard what he had done. The cycle had clearly been broken, because everyone within the erected barrier began to surround him without remorse.

"Heh...YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?! YOU ALL ARE ****! UTTER GARBAGE! I'M GOING T-"

Before Swiss could finish what he had to say, he was decimated by the combined efforts of everyone in the barrier, Godot Totoro mod included.

Wots All This Then? has been lynched! He was Swiss, The Sadistic Domo-kun, Mafia Roleblocking Theif! Spak receives all items that Wots has if he had any.

Night 5 begins. No more posting!

Send me your night actions by 9/14/2015 at 2:00PM PST

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
As @ Spak Spak , @ Maven89 Maven89 , @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , @ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 , and Bardeezy finished off @ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? , smoke began to quickly fill the room!

"Ugh, this smells horrible! I can't see anything either...what's going on?!"

Before anyone could react to the smoke, everyone blacked out.

After a few hours, Bardeezy finally woke up. Although there was still some smoke, it was evident that someone in the room was dead, as there was a motionless body laying not too far from him. It was @ Spak Spak ! @ Spak Spak has been killed during the night under unclear circumstances! His body remains still and doesn't appear to be tampered with...

@ Spak Spak was Circus, Articulate Warrior of Social Justice, Town Gladiator!

@ Maven89 Maven89 , @ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 , and @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu finally got up as well. Although they all seemed to have been knocked out by the smoke, at least one of them had to be responsible for Spak's death. Whom could it be? There was one thing that was certain though...this was the last mystery to be solved. If this mystery could be solved, the fallen members of DGames would be avenged. If not, it would be the end to an era.

It seems the final battle is at hand. Who will triumph in this final, decisive battle?

DAY 6 BEGINS!

DEADLINE IS SET FOR 9/22/2015 AT MIDNIGHT!

PLAYERS LEFT ALIVE:

Maven89
Red Ryu
Nicholas1024

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

@ Maven89 Maven89 failed to uphold a posting restriction on D5, so he will have a modvote for the rest of Day 6!​

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I suppose I'll trust my instincts. Vote: Maven

Ultimately, it comes down to the night actions. Spak confirmed over cellphone that WATT didn't actually have his lockpicks, meaning that Maven was lying about examining them. Furthermore, there's still that issue of Kary's failed jail attempt on Maven... Kary being roleblocked seems unlikely considering it's a jailer, and it makes perfect sense for an indy to be immune to the effects of a jail. And finally, J/WATT's targeting of Maven would make sense as SvS, I think their accusations were legitimate, and they wanted to get rid of the indy to buy some time.

(And besides, if Maven isn't the indy then Ryu can quickhammer anyway, so this is really just saving time.)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Whoever is the killer, why didn't you kill me?! I hate being in a 3 man lylo.

Leaning Maven for Indy but will sit and listen to both sides.

Maven89

Smash Master
I was Gorf, Independent Serial Killing Thief.

Anyone who has modded me knows I generally send random PMs to the mod detailing my thoughts. I dunno why but i did it a huge amount this game, my role PM conversation with Bard has over 3 pages. Either way, because of that I have a journal of basically everything I did, so this is my explanation for what I did all game.

When I started I was aligned independent survivor and just a thief, and told someone had Walrus and I needed to find it. I really didn't want to just coast the whole game so I decided I would try to be pretty active and toe the line between scum and town, hoping to avoid both faction's kills. I started with a poison antidote, but didn't figure out it was the mafia NK until we all did, so unfortunately it turned out most of my decision making was really flawed, but whatever.

I just started out normally, but noticed halfway through day 1 that everyone who mentioned my slot said it was town, and no one seemed to think otherwise. I became paranoid; I had no idea which of the power players were scum, and I was worried if it was most of them I could be #2 on a scum NK if they were afraid their main target was going to be blocked. So I attempted to do a control burn by jumping onto J's slot here

unvote
vote: J

cause if he was town that right there would be pro-scum
I didn't see anyone going "uh...wtf" so I wanted to go further, and when I was confused about Gheb I decided to blow it up in the hopes of getting those "uh wtf maven?" posts to remove me from any factional NK. None of it was as clever as I thought, though, and even day 2 people were picking up on the J jump. I also didn't think about the fact all my stuff was happening at the end of the day phase, so I almost died.

Thankfully, though, Gheb decided at the last second to lynch Rosa, and then the mafia NK'd Gheb, who I assumed would have kept up the pressure on me, so ty for that. J's posts were confusing me. I don't want to get into this again since it's been addressed so much, but I was wondering about him, so I stole. I got the cloak, which I figured a great night 1 snag, and figured this meant he was likely scum. Further talking to J, I was dead certain, mainly because of his responses. None of it seemed addressed to me, it was addressed to everyone else. None of seemed meant to convince me he wasn't scum, it just seemed entirely based on stopping himself from being lynched. Far as I could tell that was basically a bingo.

But I didn't want to have responsibility for it, again due to not wanting night actions/kills against me, so I decided to try and push it but let someone else take up the mantle. Laundry did that and everything was great. I was going to get a big pro-town credit when J was lynched, and the mafia would just see my actions as that of a lucky tunnel and not be worried to NK me.

But then Laundry turned around and hammered Rake and my whole plan got ruined.

Night 2 I targeted Nicholas to try and get the gun, but I was roleblocked. I'm guessing that was Wots. This is why I insisted my "orange" or whatnot didn't work that night.

Day 3 was a real problem for me. I knew I couldn't just tunnel J again all day, I realized he had slipped off, but I had done almost nothing else, and now I was looking bad. A J tunnel would have been fine, if he had been lynched. Him not being lynched made people look at my push more, plus Laundry being replaced took away the other main force that was attacking him.

Then Wots claimed and I thought for a second I was dead right there, but came up with the role claim. It wasn't very well thought out, but I think I explained it well enough by suggesting it was meant to "get around censors" and "maybe a miller role". Far as I considered it, as long as I could fake the role I could create enough doubt to avoid death.

I'll also point out that I actually did know I wasn't lynched when I almost died with Kantrip, and I was really worried someone would figure that out. But I'm known for refusing to believe my mislynchs are ever my fault and insulting everyone, so I was hoping people would connect it.

Then I stole Fandangox's walrus, and it basically ruined everything. Before I was independent survivor, so all the scummy stuff didn't matter. All I had to do was make sure I was less scummy then the mafia, and survive them while not getting NK'd by them. When I became a serial killer, that whole plan no longer worked because I was definitely priority #1 after the mafia died.

So I killed Kary, who had recieved J's items. Unfortunately, J had an item that required me to post a picture of Kamina from Kenny Loggins or something, an item I vaguely remember him saying he had back in Day 1-2. I was really upset about that because I figured if I posted it people would pick up and realize I killed Kary. I stole the lockpick from Wots (allowing me to steal twice), and decided to just lie and claim it was an item check to try and get him lynched. I figured I'd just NK whoever the hammer was and no one would realize he didn't have the lockpick. When I figured the main danger had passed (aka he had gotten lynched), I posted the picture, but tried to hide it by making it out like it was a bragging triumph post. I was hoping it would hide under the cloud of douchiness.

But since it happened after the last vote it didn't count as being in the day phase, so I got a modvote. And I didn't receive any bullets either. Last night I chose to steal from Spak both times since I didn't know if he'd give items away and didn't want anyone else to know there was still an item thief.

So yeah

uh

Vote: Red Ryu

Maven89

Smash Master
Also, the dumbest thing about my role claim was that I never thought what the person who had the walrus item would react to me claiming to be "WALRUS HUNTER"

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(By the way, I gave Nich the ammo last night; Maven would have won if I kept it).

Maven89

Smash Master
Nah, actually since I had a mod vote I'm pretty sure using the gun would have immediately hammered me and turn it into a suicide attack

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Did scum even get safe claims? It seems like all of their claims were dodgy as all hell.

also, @ Maven89 Maven89 , the Kamina posting restriction is part of my role. Pretty sure J was lying about his.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Mafia got majorly ****ed by the setup and noght actions. Originally both the jail and the various antidotes blocked our poison kill but bard changed that
So many antidotes floating around
Tracker watcher
Doc/jail (my rb stopped kary btw)

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Yeah it was heavily balanced against Mafia, J was the only scum member who was obvious scum, and the only time power roles affected town negatively was the cellphone shenanigans that lead to Rake's misslynch and allowed J to survive D2, and even then that was more due to the Rake Effect and whatever the hell it was that happened to Laundry.

That said I had lots of fun with this game, just wish Laundry and Ryker didn't have to replace even though replacements did a good job.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well... good game, I suppose. Honestly, I can't take any credit for winning this, the setup did most of the work. So many night actions and item checks decided lynches, the game was really decided in the last night phase when Maven guessed wrong on who kept what items. (Also, shout-outs to Spak for being better at WIFOM than me, my initial suggestion was for him to keep the gun AND the water crystal, which would have been tragic.)

At the end of the day, I feel like the game is best summarized by the fact that I was on four consecutive scum lynches despite minimal scumhunting and never reading through the rest of D2.

Top Bottom