• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
There's been a tracker claimed and flipped as well. Your point? We have no cop and I got the role-cop which I used to prove that Swords was the antidote doctor and clear him when I wanted his *** dead D2.

What Spak posted is incorrect though. I got the fact that he was Jailed and Redirected. I asssume my NA is at the end of the NAR which allows me to see what happens what happens to everyone.

I can't explain this wonky set-up and can only go by what I know and what the mod has told me.
Or you're scum, which is a pretty simple and elegant solution.

Maven89

Smash Master
Just throwing it out there, if people are actually really uncomfortable with lynching J for some reason, we could lynch WoTT and have me give my cloak to someone else to verify that it really does block all detection

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Just throwing it out there, if people are actually really uncomfortable with lynching J for some reason, we could lynch WoTT and have me give my cloak to someone else to verify that it really does block all detection
Why didn't you just do this last Night then?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Maven [3] - Kantrip, WATT, J
Kantrip [6] - Kary, Nich, Maven, Dancer, Fandango, Red Ryu

Was the final vote count for D3.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I do think something is screwy between J and Maven though, but I do not like a Kantrip flip with Wott still being alive.
I think we need to lynch all 3 of Maven, J and WATT. I don't know which order is the best to do it in, though, because this game is too ****ing complicated and I'm working from partial information.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Actually can we talk about that for a second? I'm getting heeby jeebies about Nich's lie and it being proven by multiple sources.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll go re-looking for questions that I haven't answered, but I have answered nearly everything I believe and I apologize if I haven't.

Don't be sassy, sheesh. It's beating a dead-horse.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
why Nich? I would think WATT would be on your list for this?
Because of his claim. The fact that he claimed Overswarm and his item list seemed fishy to me. I felt confident someone else would check WATT (proof in the pudding being you did) since he's super scummy and I did not think anyone would try to check Nich. His role seems way too powerful to a town role and if I am wrong on Maven, Nich would be the best candidate for indy after we oust the final mafia member.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ #HBC | J #HBC | J
I keep hearing about this velvet wrapping thing. Can you please tell me exactly what items you have and any descriptions of them?
The velvet wrapping is from winning the prize on D2. The final one is a Dahlia key-chain *for posting restriction* and I also have a FF5 catridge and Chocobo Flute that was given to me on N1 which does nothing so someone gave me their meh items.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'll go re-looking for questions that I haven't answered, but I have answered nearly everything I believe and I apologize if I haven't.

Don't be sassy, sheesh. It's beating a dead-horse.
I want to apologize, I am being short with you because i've got things going on IRL. Sorry.

It does bother me though when you come in asking questions about Nich, when it seems to me very unlikely that he is mafia. he is not a priority for me today at all.

Now as I understand it, you think Maven is indy? I tried putting myself in your shoes for argument's sake, and I don't know how you get to that conclusion. I think I would be zeroed in on Maven.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Point of Interest questions:

SwordDancer has claimed Poison Doctor, J has confirmed SwordDancer as Poison Doctor.

Why does Nichy have x2 Antidote? Where is the balance/rationale for that being a town-role considering he has multiple abilities?

Why did Nichy lie about having Antidotes when he full claimed everything else?

Why do we have two people claiming JoAT, but neither are on each other?

What makes sense about Maven/Nichy?

===========

Logically speaking, the one claim that looks fishier out of Maven/Nichy is Nichy. Nichy's role does not make sense as town especially with being proven that he lied. We also have Dancer as the poison doctor so why do we have someone who is claiming towny having extra protection?

The evidence is beginning to really pile up. I'm thinking the game is solved as far as this puzzle goes because what I am leaning towards is this:

Mafia team (x2)
Kantrip - Bus Driver
WATT - Thief more than likely

Indy (x1)
Nichy - Indy JoAT

I think the problem being presented is the fact that Maven and I have been arguing over my cloak over one finniky detail which is the fact that I did not receive mod knowledge that my cloak makes me invisible at night. Maven got that info when he got my cloak, but all I was told about my cloak is that it made me a Ghost and allowed me to use my PR (which is Voyeur). Putting aside the disagreement between me and Maven and using Occam's Razor, the game is actually a lot more simple than we are making it out to be. There are just a lot of obscure pieces.

This is the first time I've felt confident in actually feeling out the game as solved, but it comes down to lynching WATT toDay and then moving on to the fact of Nichy toMorrow. There is literally no way scum can win this game unless scum is actually Kary or Ryu, which would be flabberghasting to say the least. Spak and Dancer have been cleared (literally by my slot) this game and they cannot be scum. If Maven is Indy then it can still be dealt with later on, but the more I think about, it I may have been tunneling this read for a while when Nichy has been pretty apparent for a while now.

The only thing that I am ??? about is that if Mafia's NK is poison as people are led to believe, how did Gheb die N1? The way I am looking at that is the fact that Nichy is probably lying about what his gems do and in fact killed Gheb N1. That's the only logical solution I can derive. Also if the Mafia's NK is in fact poison, that incriminates Nichy MUCH more due to the fact of having extra protection from the Mafia NK as Indy makes tons of sense rather than having a Poison Doctor and a random JoAT with 2 EXTRA protections.

I'm word-vomiting my thoughts, but I am actually really happy I did as such and I actually would not have done this if Kary hadn't had me go back and re-read the last couple pages looking for his questions.

So I'm on board with lynching WATT and moving on from there.

Vote: Wot's All This Then
HoS: Nichy

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I want to apologize, I am being short with you because i've got things going on IRL. Sorry.

It does bother me though when you come in asking questions about Nich, when it seems to me very unlikely that he is mafia. he is not a priority for me today at all.

Now as I understand it, you think Maven is indy? I tried putting myself in your shoes for argument's sake, and I don't know how you get to that conclusion. I think I would be zeroed in on Maven.
I mainly thought Maven was Indy due to him claiming to be a partial thief and combined with his survivalistic OMGUS playstyle which led me to believe he is Indy. Plus the only notable thing Maven has done all game is tunnel my slot and that's it. He's done nothing of significant notice at all this game. *shrug*

It's alright, we all get short due to life things.

I'm also talking about Nichy because we have time to discuss this and I want to put cards on the table. I'd rather just solve the game toDay. Plus I got excited finding really damning evidence about Nichy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*adding on*

I also wanted Maven more dead when Nichy claimed his original JoAT role because there cannot be 2 JoATs in the game as town due to just lol logic. So until I found proof that Nichy was lying, I leaned towards Maven. Even in the beginning of the Day-phase I was bull-dogging due to my own personal stubbornness of not wanting to let go of being wrong on a read.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh, wait a second, Ryu is 100% cleared as well from tracking Kanty which caused Kanty to be lynched.

So yeah, the only *extra* would be Kary's slot and I doubt that heavily so yeah. He's the only one not proven as town. However, that matter like not at all to me.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
No cursing or profanity, guys.

Event: Nabe?!
"You know, gentlemen of the throne room, I feel like I've been standing on the sidelines an awful lot lately."

"Well, I mean, yeah, you're basically the co-mod, right? Not to mention that, well, Bardeezy-Sama is dead and he confirmed you as Town and all."

"True, but I mean, it's gotten rather droll. It's time to spices things up a bit, I think."

"Bro, 5 people we've known for years are dead. Now REALLY isn't the time for that shiz."

Nabe contemplated this for a moment, but disregarded any dissent that seemed to come his way; it was time to get down and dirty in the best way he knew how. Everyone braced themselves.

@#HBC | Nabe has joined the discussion as a lynchable slot! He can not vote, and he can not infer who is scum or who is town (I mean, it's not like he really knows anyway...right?). Maybe he has something important to say?

He also seems to have another box. Players can anonymously vote for who should receive the box by sending me a PM with the command "Nabe Box: Player." The player that receives the most anonymous votes by the end of the day phase will obtain the box and its contents. Be warned though, it could contain just about anything...and by anything, I mean ANYTHING. Brace yourselves.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It started with J claiming his role (the weak voyeur/tracker thing), and then later on when Maven claimed, he revealed that he took J's item, and claimed that it did more than J said. Since J's claiming that Maven's lying, this immediately sets up J vs Maven as a huge conflict.

Here's the question. What motive does Maven have to lie about the cloak?

If Maven's lying scum, then the absolute BEST case scenario for him is that J gets lynched first, and he gets lynched the day afterwards. Considering that there had been a blocked night kill, a blocked poison, and that Kantrip was caught dead to rights, that's not a good trade for scum. Maven was also pretty widely considered town before the business with the cloak and his claim. I simply don't buy it.
I just want to remind you that Maven was outed as having the invisibility cloak by WATT.

This puts Maven in a position where he cannot just claim 'Town Item Thief' and escape all scrutiny- after all other items have been going missing, including your bullet.

So perhaps, in order to put himself in a better position, he claims J was lying about what the cloak does, in an attempt to at least get J lynched beforehand.

Just a theory. How neither slot seems to see it as a bingo is weird to me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was literally just thinking about what the next event would be and now I am giddy that Nabe is here.

Hmmm, I don't know what to do with the box currently.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I just want to remind you that Maven was outed as having the invisibility cloak by WATT.

This puts Maven in a position where he cannot just claim 'Town Item Thief' and escape all scrutiny- after all other items have been going missing, including your bullet.

So perhaps, in order to put himself in a better position, he claims J was lying about what the cloak does, in an attempt to at least get J lynched beforehand.

Just a theory. How neither slot seems to see it as a bingo is weird to me.
Fair point, I'd forgotten about that. I suppose that does raise the possibility of Maven deciding he was probably dead and trying to take J down with him. That said, I feel like Maven has consistently been vocal about him vs J and trying to get J lynched, while J seems to like brushing it to the sideline and trying to make what should be a dead-on bingo a non-issue.

@J
When did I lie? When Sword claimed antidote doctor during D3, I immediately confirmed that yes, I'd received those antidotes. While Laundry did hide the fact that it was his crystal that soaked up a poison attempt instead of the antidote, that could easily be him trying to soak up another poison, or just not wanting to claim his role yet.

Also, it seems odd that you'd target me over Maven based on role reasoning, especially considering Fand's claims about the walrus, and the fact that he's directly contradicted you on what your item does. I can't think of a reason for town-J not to want Maven dead. However, scum-J can't try to kill Maven because of the simple fact that if Maven is proven town, you get lynched the day afterwards.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
Thank you for breaking that event. Really don't want to deal with that crap.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The event has been cancelled! Nabe has been put in his place! Poor Nabe has been tossed into a state of eternal disappointment! @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu 's Wind Crystal shatters upon use!

@#HBC | Nabe can still chat it up as a co-mod though and post vote counts if he wants. :awesome:

As Nabe drops the box, Xonar comes out of it! What in the bloody heck is going on?!

More flavor to come later when I get back home.

Continued:

Xonar, gasping for breath, shakily manages to stand up on his feet. He seems to be clothed in rather light and generic attire; shorts, a shirt, and no shoes or socks for whatever reason. Same flowing black hair and blue eyes as usual, the kind that gets Bardeezy hot and bothered. Oh my.

"Nabe, you have GOT to stop stuffing people in boxes, bro. I haven't seen Zozo in literal years."

"I...I...I can't help it! It's just a fetish of mine, really. They're totally comfortable in those boxes though, you know. It's not bad at all!"

Zozo finally looked over at Nabe with probably one of the oddest looks ever witnessed in DGames history, and quickly launched himself on top of him. What appeared to be an angry aggressive tackle though actually turned out to be more of an asserive, aggressive foreplay. The mod will refrain from substantiating any further, but needless to say that everyone looked away in a relatively awkward quickness.

"You're all just jealous, uguu~"

Zen and Ranmaru slowly pushed Nabe and Xonar out of the throne room so that the group could continue discussing all the recent deaths.

Last edited:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
J you still haven't really addressed why you chose Spak Night 1. Yes he was your strongest town read but still, why him? Like, what information were you hoping to gain out of voyeuring him? No offense to Spak but who, town or scum, targets that slot Night 1?

Also I know you won't be able to answer this but your explanation for why you were able to voyeur Spak without being affected by the swtch-or-woo. If your action went last in NAR then you should have most DEFINITELY saw what happened to Gheb, not Spak.

Nich you still have not addressed my question. If you think J is scum, why did he "clear" people?

WATT why didn't you claim this earlier? You didn't think that revealing the item in which you checked peoples things was going to be important?

If WATT is mafia with Kantrip why did he visit Kantrip Night 1? Do you guys think that he simply lied and actually visited Ryu Night 1?

Actually, this may be a minor point but I think it's hard (and slightly funny) to imagine that WATT broke into Kanty' room and the first thing he noticed was the bus keys instead of, idk, a freaking bus.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Slipped the mind? Idk didn't seem too important when dietz asked me about claiming.
Also i dont get a choice as to what i look at, i jist notice something random (maybe kantrip kept his keys next to the door and the bus in th3 parking garage)

Top Bottom