• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I was originally thinking there were two scum and a poisoner, possible another independent as a item thief if it wasn't scum. Fandango's death changes that.
ok so you meant mafia when you said scum, also some setup speculation urgh anyways

why did you think J wouldn't act though?

Maven89

Smash Master
ok so you meant mafia when you said scum, also some setup speculation urgh anyways

why did you think J wouldn't act though?
Because you said you were going to RB either me or him. Thinking J was the last scum member, that meant either he'd be blocked and bingo'd, or he wouldn't be blocked, but since the NK went through and it was down to 2 choices it'd clear me and bingo him anyways. By not sending in a kill, he'd be in the same situation if he was blocked, but if the block targeted me it'd appear to clear him. So if he sent in the kill he'd lose the next day phase no matter what, but if he didn't send one, then as long as you didn't' block him he'd have a chance. So I didn't think he'd send it in.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Because you said you were going to RB either me or him. Thinking J was the last scum member, that meant either he'd be blocked and bingo'd, or he wouldn't be blocked, but since the NK went through and it was down to 2 choices it'd clear me and bingo him anyways. By not sending in a kill, he'd be in the same situation if he was blocked, but if the block targeted me it'd appear to clear him. So if he sent in the kill he'd lose the next day phase no matter what, but if he didn't send one, then as long as you didn't' block him he'd have a chance. So I didn't think he'd send it in.
I never said anything about blocking J...

that and its unlikely scum would choose to not kill, it would cost them an extra Day at this point.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Big flopping FOS: Nich/Washed Laundry slot cus they lied. Day 2 Laundry came into thread claiming that they were poisoned but someone protected them. However based off of Nich's claim yesterDay the slot had five crystals, one of which to protect from poisoning that broke on Night 1. Why did they claim on Day 2 that they were protected then? I gave Nich/Laundry a pill both Night 1 and 2, thinking that Laundry already consumed it Night 1. So why claim that they were protected? Did they want the doc to think that they didn't have the pill from Night 1? Furthermore, why did Laundry claim the information that he was poisoned on Night 1 in the first place, and why didn't Fan claim this information yesterDay?
Well, considering that I wasn't in charge of the slot at the time that Laundry did this and that my mind-reading abilities are rather undeveloped, I'm afraid I can only speculate. Maybe Laundry wanted to hide the fact that he would survive a second poison attempt. Maybe he wanted to announce "Hey guys, someone targeted me with poison" in case he got killed by some other method. Maybe he straight up didn't consider that you'd target him twice. If I'm understanding the situation correctly, it's not so much that Laundry lied as he kept his role secret as much as possible.

Anyway, for my night action, I held onto my crystals (still have Fire/Water, for anyone keeping track), and I targeted J with the event. J's most prized possesion is a blue velvet wrapping.

Regardless, after thinking more on Maven vs J, I think J's more likely to be scum, simply because of how the invisibility cloak thing developed.

It started with J claiming his role (the weak voyeur/tracker thing), and then later on when Maven claimed, he revealed that he took J's item, and claimed that it did more than J said. Since J's claiming that Maven's lying, this immediately sets up J vs Maven as a huge conflict.

Here's the question. What motive does Maven have to lie about the cloak?

If Maven's lying scum, then the absolute BEST case scenario for him is that J gets lynched first, and he gets lynched the day afterwards. Considering that there had been a blocked night kill, a blocked poison, and that Kantrip was caught dead to rights, that's not a good trade for scum. Maven was also pretty widely considered town before the business with the cloak and his claim. I simply don't buy it.

If Maven's telling the truth, then J is lying, and is therefore scum that should be lynched. While I admit that there's the possibility that Maven's indy and J's mafia (or vice versa), either way, J is scum while Maven has a chance of flipping town.

Therefore...

Vote: J

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I feel like I missed where this came from.. I guess I'll just let you play it out, but still.
No comments from the peanut gallery!

You did miss it, read post Nich quoted.

It's that Laundry slot lied Day 2.

Plus I wanted to accelerate Nich's reply.

Plus two JoATs makes me cringe.

Plus a hunch.

Nich it's fair enough that you can't explain Laundry's actions. Wanting to soak up a poison is . . . plausible.

hmmmmm

unvote

Let me address an elephant in the room. If you think J's scum, then why did he clear me yesterDay? Why not just lie about it?

Also, Maven. I don't think you've answered this yet. When J failed to claim that his cloak granted ninja status, why didn't you say anything about it?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You did miss it, read post Nich quoted.

It's that Laundry slot lied Day 2.
oh, well i'm way ahead of you then. Yes I think there are some fishy things about Nich's claim, but I believe him having an item that cures poison is borne out by him still having 2 antidotes, and Fand also confirmed he received a wind crystal from Nich.
On top of that, I have a hard time putting the slot as mafia, so I'm just kinda leaving it be for now.

Let me address an elephant in the room. If you think J's scum, then why did he clear me yesterDay? Why not just lie about it?
I also have an opinion on this but it can wait.

Maven89

Smash Master
Also, Maven. I don't think you've answered this yet. When J failed to claim that his cloak granted ninja status, why didn't you say anything about it?
It didn't register with me, and even if I had I don't think I would have claimed, it looked like J was doomed day 2 and there'd be no reason to.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(If you want to get official, it's Circus Town Articulate Gladiator of Social Justice

#HBC | Dancer

silly game is silly.

I was a good townie and managed to make use of the event. I targeted WATT and got the result of a lockpick set.
Ahh, and IIRC WATT never claimed to possess such an item.

*tsk tsk tsk tsk* WATT.

Vote: WATT

So, do you think WATT is the guy that has been stealing everyone's ****? Cus like, thief with a safe claim of being able to check people's items makes a ton of sense.

#HBC | Dancer

He was the only town read I was 100% confident on yesterDay. It is also is in line for why I am town-reading much harder toDay then yesterDay. Because I have these two facts:

1.) He is not the poisoner, Alex confirmed that by saying he was poisoned.
2.) He is not the theif, otherwise my item would not have been stolen (or Ryu's for clarity sake) due to me seeing him being Jailed
3.) He could not have done the NK because he was jailed.

With my theory of 2 scum-team and 1 Indy poisoner, that pretty much 100% clears Spak from being scum to me and that is why I am standing by that and I see no reason for why he is scum. It has been helping me read other players though with a pretty much confirmed townie.
Here.

Ummm, actually "Spak was my only town read" is pretty much it. I have no idea why a slot being your biggest town read warrants using the voyeur power on them.

J?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So, do you think WATT is the guy that has been stealing everyone's ****? Cus like, thief with a safe claim of being able to check people's items makes a ton of sense.
Not sure. Fand said WATT visited Rake N1, but the unaccounted for theft N1 was Ryu's phone.

Really just want to hear why WATT has lockpicks.

#HBC | Dancer

Someone needs to make me a spreadsheet of all of these NAs. I keep forgetting that certain things happened until someone else brings it up.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

My current feeling on this game. It has been so devolved with the main focus of this game being centralized around my slot and when I die and flip town, the game is over at that juncture because town will be at a loss when it comes down to brass tacks. I have a post brewing and it will be somewhat of my final defense talking about who is scum and who is not and where we should go toDay. I am tired of being the whipping boy this game and tired of just spending literally 50 pages on my slot due to the sheer nature of stubbornness and people not being held accountable for their actions. The reason this game is so confusing is everyone is trying to fit my slot into a puzzle that does not make sense and people need to take a breather from the game and realize for one second that they are wrong on my slot. There is no dignified evidence that I am scum and no reason to suspect that my slot has been scum besides the constant berating my slot has received since D1. Literally, there has not been a single day-phase where I have not been a lynch candidate and I am here on D4 and nothing has changed. Maven's been on me since my first post due to his OMGUS problem he has developed, Nichy has jumped onto me toDay to appease Dancer/Kary who are still debating on me (mainly Dancer cuz I feel Kary has just grown apathetic to this game and is shrugging to lynch my slot), WATT who has had Indy fever since D2 and is more than likely the final member of the scum-team, and we have inactive swing votes RR/Spak who haven't done much at all since they have been cleared (which is frustrating for cleared townies to do besides just being numbers).

I feel I have this game solved in terms of who the final scum are and is so I will be pushing that theory in a following post that should hopefully come toDay, but I will say that I am not getting lynched toDay and effectively losing the game for town based on pure laziness and "welp J must be scum cuz idk what else" which is pretty lame if you ask me.

Unvote

For now, I am unvoting so I can re-evaluate where I want to go toDay and move through this game with an actual win.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That last post was a little ranty and it's mainly because I am annoyed at myself for letting it get to this point. I know my V/LA's have been inconveinient, but that can't be helped and it's also an excuse for a huge chunk of my play. However, I will say my resolve has been a little detracted mainly because I have been ridden so hard since D1 and it gets exhausting defending every microscopic action for nearly almost 60 pages.

So what I am asking for people to do is to take a second and look at this game through my perspective for once which I do not think anyone has done. Look at the game through my eyes and see what I see.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
There is no dignified evidence that I am scum and no reason to suspect that my slot has been scum besides the constant berating my slot has received since D1.
lol

what Spak just posted is pretty damning though. also you've claimed voyeur and there's a flipped town watcher.

i mean...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
There's been a tracker claimed and flipped as well. Your point? We have no cop and I got the role-cop which I used to prove that Swords was the antidote doctor and clear him when I wanted his ass dead D2.

What Spak posted is incorrect though. I got the fact that he was Jailed and Redirected. I asssume my NA is at the end of the NAR which allows me to see what happens what happens to everyone.

I can't explain this wonky set-up and can only go by what I know and what the mod has told me.

Your assuming what you'd like to see and that's it. You have more damning evidence in the fact that WATT had lock-pick set which lemme make this crystal clear:

Has been confirmed in the mod flavor multiple times as proof to how people get into rooms. The countless warnings from Nabe/Bardull/Marshy/Ran/Zen that all have said "Lock your doors!"

It's a flavor argument, but a nearly damning one especially with the evidence you present.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Used the wrong use of "you're" and silently sobbing in my science lecture currently. ;_;

Regardless, I'm going to prove toDay that WATT is the final scum-member and not myself and try and figure out who the indy is between Nich and Maven.

Top Bottom