• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*waves* I still have no NAs so I'm still the resident VT unless I win something.

Vote: Maven89

My vote is really easy for toDay.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
By the way, I checked Maven with the sarcophagus thingy last night and he still had J's cloak.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I targetted Nich and I was told his most prized possession was x2 Antidote. So something isn't adding up with his slot at all.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm still confused on how my ability got cancelled... I called Kantrip correctly and didn't get an item because my ability got cancelled, and I can't re-initiate my ability any more in this match. I'm honestly thinking about if a scum has a daytime RB ability and if that's what Maven's last piece of "fruit" did...

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
just who the hell do you think I am?

talk to me- do you think that a player's win condition changing is the same as that player changing alignment? It seems like a weird choice of words.

also, is it wrong that I want to lynch all of WATT, J and Maven? Is there a town in there somewhere?
Actually, now that you mention it, there is no reason to necessarily believe that someone's alignment has changed, is there? If someone's alignment had changed, why would Bard be ambiguous about it? Why go out of the way to say that their win condition is what changed? If someone's alignment had changed, why mention it in thread at all?

When I first read "someone's win condition has changed," I automatically assumed that someone's alignment was changed. Of course, I can't be for sure, but I'm actually leaning towards the idea that no alignment has changed.

@ Second question: Nah bro you're good.

There's some more I do want to talk to you about Kary but I want Nich's answer to my question first.

#HBC | Dancer

I'm still confused on how my ability got cancelled... I called Kantrip correctly and didn't get an item because my ability got cancelled, and I can't re-initiate my ability any more in this match. I'm honestly thinking about if a scum has a daytime RB ability and if that's what Maven's last piece of "fruit" did...
Well, Kantrip did flip mafia event breaker bus driver.

Just perhaps the "event breaker" part might have something to do with it.

Iunno, just a hunch.

#HBC | Dancer

Again, repeating my point from post 2109, I want people to explicitly state rather or not they have been informed of poisoning for future reference.

I have not been informed of an just event occurring to me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
When I first read "someone's win condition has changed," I automatically assumed that someone's alignment was changed. Of course, I can't be for sure, but I'm actually leaning towards the idea that no alignment has changed
We should just ask bardull if he can be more specific to be honest.

Also, if an alignment has changed, this setup is janky as hell. But anyways.

Also, someone's win condition has changed.
@ BarDulL BarDulL does this mean a player's alignment has changed?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Again, repeating my point from post 2109, I want people to explicitly state rather or not they have been informed of poisoning for future reference.

I have not been informed of an just event occurring to me.
I agree with this sentiment.

That being said, its possible aren't informed when they are poisoned, and laundry only knew because he was cured of poison.

I had actually been hoping a mafiosi was poisoned N2 (explaining why no-one said anything) but no such luck.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
We should just ask bardull if he can be more specific to be honest.

Also, if an alignment has changed, this setup is janky as hell. But anyways.

@ BarDulL BarDulL does this mean a player's alignment has changed?
The wording does not directly imply that someone's alignment has changed, only that their win condition has changed.

(Ok fine I'll be more specific. The player's alignment has not changed, however their win condition has changed. It might be an addition to a previously existing win condition, or it might have changed completely to something new and wonky. This is up to you guys to figure out.)

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
Alright

I didn't target anyone last night. I don't know what the orange does and it's my last ability use, so I just didn't use it. I figured J was the last scum and I thought he wouldn't send in a kill, so I didn't think there was any need.

I've never been poisoned

The line in Bardull's post doesn't refer to me. I'm not an independent. At this point I'm not even sure if Fandangox's Walrus was related to me, because I checked with Bard and he confirmed he didn't miss part of my role PM, and it says nothing about me trying to find a Walrus. Nothing at all. Right now I'm thinking either Bardull named my role as a sort of miller role or just to **** with me, cause I don't have anything to do with finding a walrus. I hunt with people and as a result the target I picked gets an action done to them based on the fruit/vegetable I used.

I targeted Nicholas1024 with the event and the result I got was that his most valuable item was a Poison Antidote. I sent another message to Bard about if I was supposed to be told it was 2x or not, but as it is I was only told "a poison antidote". I'll let you know when he responds to me.

My own thoughts on the NK's: I'm thinking the poison is either the main or secondary scum kill. I'm going to guess main and believe they had items that would allow them to quickly kill a person. With that, I'm thinking the item thief is independent and has the gun. Hopefully since it's a trueshot gun they'll use it on mafia and out themselves in the process.

@ Spak Spak , RB's normally stop the action before it happens, and even so there'd be no reason for me to break the event on Kantrip when I was voting and pushing for Kantrip to be lynched even after the event was broken. Especially since the event break resulted in a blitz on my slot, which would never make sense.

Which brings me to the pushes on me. The only reason I've been put on the limelight is role BS, none of which incriminates me except from minor association. Even the most adamant pushers of my slot admit that at worst, I'm an independent (which I'm not). I've been pro-town all game and pushing scum all game. J is a slot that I've been trying to convince you guys to lynch for days now. Nothing that I've done in this game has been ant-town. Everything has been to help the town win. I've stuck my own neck out to push J repeatedly and I don't think a single person can even try to argue he's not scum anymore. Nothing about how I've played has been independent.

It is no coincidence that the mafia tried to save Kantrip yesterday by pushing my slot. That alone tells you the mafia wants me dead (probably, honestly, for pushing J non-stop) and thinks they can get me lynched. Kantrip was scummy as **** yesterday and you can just look at who saw the opportunity to save their mate yesterday to solve this game.

J and Wotts are scum. If you guys need to lynch me after those two, go for it. But in no scenario does "indy hunting" if you want to call it that take the priority of lynching scum.

Vote: #HBC | J

I swear this role is my moby ****

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Corrected some information that was meant to be sent to a certain slot regarding yesterDay's event.

Also, I want to give a giant Mea Culpa for all the corrections and lack of efficiency on my part in terms of running this game. This game is fairly complicated, and with me micro managing my time, it's been really difficult to be 100% spot-on. Given also this is my first hosted game, there have been a lot of lessons learned through this whole dealio. HOPEFULLY no further corrections need to be made, but in case there do need to be corrections made, well, yeah. Hopefully not though.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I didn't target anyone last night. I don't know what the orange does and it's my last ability use, so I just didn't use it. I figured J was the last scum and I thought he wouldn't send in a kill, so I didn't think there was any need.
bolded- you think there are 2 scum in the setup?

underlined- confused how you would come to think that

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I targeted Nicholas1024 with the event and the result I got was that his most valuable item was a Poison Antidote. I sent another message to Bard about if I was supposed to be told it was 2x or not, but as it is I was only told "a poison antidote". I'll let you know when he responds to me.
why Nich?

Maven89

Smash Master
bolded- you think there are 2 scum in the setup?

underlined- confused how you would come to think that
I was originally thinking there were two scum and a poisoner, possible another independent as a item thief if it wasn't scum. Fandango's death changes that.

Top Bottom