• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Never said anything about Pro-Town but haha, alright then.

And you are one page ahead of me currently. Both my mafia games are exploding and I can't type fast enough/read fast enough to stay on top.
I just don't want to do it, tbqh. This game is REALLY slow and reading it is even slower. Kill me.

Alex, talk to me then pick up this reread with me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
I need a detailed explanation about your role in tandem to why you buddied J so hard early D1. As it stands, I'm unconvinced of three things:
-You not knowing what the Gamecube does
-Your motivations regarding the Gamecube controller
-Your possession of these things in regards to your random buddying of J.

None of them add up and you're not escaping my crosshairs until you answer this.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I had also planned to come in here and pepper Ryker and, hilariously, Gheb with questions but Gheb died and flipped town and I'm seriously doubting a Mafia Jailer, so now I'm completely back to the drawing board on all my reads except Ruy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh, I was talking about Dancer's opinion on you and a lot of people read him as town so I want his opinion.

For you, I would like an updated opinion on Maven/Ruy/Rake/Watt.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I had also planned to come in here and pepper Ryker and, hilariously, Gheb with questions but Gheb died and flipped town and I'm seriously doubting a Mafia Jailer, so now I'm completely back to the drawing board on all my reads except Ruy.

Why is that? Mainly the rationale behind why seriously doubting it.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm off to bed. If you have questions for me, tag me or quote one of my posts and I'll get back to it in the morning. Good night.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Alright, so I guess the first real thing on the docket is why I targeted Ryker with the Crystal Orb.

I considered myself a fairly decent shot choice (and I was actually not wrong on this, as I was poisoned last night but some kind individual gave me an antidote so it was K) so I tried to empty my inventory of the most useful things I could. The first was the crystal orb, the second was something else that I will not claim as of this moment, as I considered them the most powerful tools to have in a scum inventory.

The reasons why I chose Ryker were pretty self-evident. He had prod-dodged all day and then walked into the thread, tried to jack the hammer, joined a swing lynch at the last minute, and was clearly saying anything he could just to get a lynch that wasn't him. Frankly speaking, I didn't trust him at the time and I figured out of all of the roster, he's the most likely slot that could get away with a bull**** claim in LyLo, so I wanted him pinned to a wall in case I wasn't there to do it myself.

whoops i revealed the jailer my b

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That is literally the most common Mafia role I have drawn on this site lol.

How many times have I claimed Doc as scum?

#Bias

Also Poison? Hmmmmmm, seems I have another piece of the puzzle that helps me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
After hammering Rosa i picked up her ****. I picked up a cellphone that I got a call on at night. From Ryu, who then proceeded to ask how I had his cellphone and the call disconnected.

Pretty sure he claimed he only got messages so imma just go with he lied and is therefore worth pushing it over

:059:
Gotta see how this plays out.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
[quote="#HBC | Laundry, post: 19814096, member: 187411"I wanna work with you if you're town. Tell me straight, are you scum this game or are you gonna work with me?
Town, bruh. Where you been since I started posting again? All I've seen is a snippet where you said to bury me.[/quote]
Was visiting Shannon for the three days before deadline. Thought I would've had time to come back and post before deadline. Whoops.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Gross. Rake and Maven? Bleck.
At that stage in the thread, what did I have to go on? I didn't like Spak or Wott, Gheb had given me no reason to like him (and I ended up disliking him on reread), I didn't trust Swords and wasn't even paying attention to fanny and no one else was playing. Give me a break.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Better question, why did you have Rosalina's Phone, aka Red Ryu's phone.

I was told last night with Ryu dead I could call the phone and see who picked it up, Sure enough you were the one on the other line in the conversation.

I asked you during the night what the **** you were doing with that phone and immediately after I asked that my phone got stolen.

Explain Rake.
What

J, do you think Wott is decently even close to a town read? I don't like the way he started the vote with my claim with zero interest in my former play, without a mention.

Vote: Wott
WOT

@Bold

I'm not Orbo, but I'd consider it at this point if it came to it because he seems to be actively avoiding choosing his own lynch target or putting suspicion down. In my experience with Ryu I'm used to TownRyu saying his mind on things even if it looks bad on him (especially if it looks bad on him), but here when asked who he was looking at besides putting checkmarks next to agreed town names he told me "Kantrip and Ryker", the only two players who couldn't push back about it.

I see him touching on his town meta by stating that he doesn't care who knows that he doesn't have any reads, but that feels to me more like a mindful callback to it, not an actual part of what he's trying to do. I'm used to "X is scum because Y and I don't care how bad that logic sounds" rather than the reverse, where there is no list and no active attempts I can see to make a list.

Now just today he folded on voting J, but without arguing about it with anyone or discussing options, rather just posted a single list of candidates that other people had agreed on as if he truly also doesn't care that he a) has no reads and b) won't defend the town ones he claimed either.
Ryu are you scum?

I second this question.
I say this because you're consistently acting like you have little to no say in what town decides and have no means to make or influence a consensus yourself. You know, as if you weren't town?

Vote: Red Ryu
U FOKKIN WOT M8

Please get bodied to the ground thanks.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry Talk about Rake's treatment of Ruy specifically.
Apparently we're similar enough in thought that he assumes I'm just riding his jock on this, which really isn't true. It does give him more validity after yesterday as Rake was a large reason why a Ruy wagon/lynch never happened--neither he nor Gheb were sold on it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Question @ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer actually.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems your read list is mainly comprised of people who have "agreed" with you. Do you think that may be a force in what you are deciding to determine your scum and town leans? That's what I am reading (very uneducatedly currently) on your reads *mainly from the J push*
His reads and interests in general have been rather lackluster. His primary interests during most of D1 were the inactive slots. I didn't trust him then and I still think there's a difference in his approach and, say, Fanny or even Rake.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Theory:

If Ryu were to flip town, WATT would be very high on my list of who I am looking at.
If Ryu were to flip mafia, WATT would be very low on my list of who I am looking at.
If Ryu were to flip indy, **** if I know.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker : Currently Ryu is in the "will lynch" pile and I haven't had much a problem with Rake this game. I am reading his hop onto Ryu more of a town tell if anything especially with how vehement he came in with it. It looks like Rake seems to have found something that makes him believe he has found scum and I do not really think scum!Rake would come in this manner. The only thing I would say I dislike is that Rake calling for more votes on Ryu so quickly because the Day-Phase literally just started. I would have handled the situation differently, but for now I do not see Rake as a lynch candidate.

Short answer: Ryu leans scummy; Rake leans towny.
I think this is an accurate assessment. Again, Rake didn't agree with the Kantrip/Laundry push onto Ruy, saying he didn't see it. I thought it was weak that he preferred Maven on pure gut, but he never did go onto Ruy yesterday. For him to change his mind, he had to have had a reason.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I joined you d1 for the Pheonix wright stuff going around and that was it early on. Later on I did not think your wagon was justified.

Because I liked lunch box lady and you came back into a DGames with that Parasol girl from the games..
BULL****

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Where do you go from a town Ruy lynch. Let's say me, Rake, J, Dancer, and Spak all voted him and he got lynched before much more time passed. Let's say within 48 hours.

He's a freebie.
If he's town we'd have to go back and look at who he defended for reads from his side of things but I don't think it'd be as bad as you're making it out to be: a **** ton of us have been on him at various points, also I don't think that will be a problem.

I cannot accept the input of Ryu atm as town. There's no way he's this disconnected from the game if he's not scum. What possible excuse is there for voting for our slot at this point?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Alright alright alright.

@HBC | J: My like for Maven started from his 569. It's a combination of the fact that I didn't like your push on him, and (more importantly) than that I liked his aggression and general "on top of thingness" of that post. The aggression I liked because I actually feared earlier that Maven was being too "clean" with some of his earlier posts, so the aggression was a welcomed breath of fresh air from Maven that seemed more natural.

Furthermore I feel like Gheb vs. Maven was more of a misunderstanding. From my notes:

[Collapse=NOTES]
Initial impressions of Gheb vs. Maven read TvT. In Gheb's 552 he states that Maven tried to "manipulate" him into going after RR. Maven questioned why Gheb wasn't going after RR if he was going after J for lack of content. Gheb countered that he was never going after J and instead merely acknowledged that others had good reason to go after J. So in the end Gheb is technically telling the truth, however I see where Maven was coming from because honestly I thought Gheb also had J-scum stance based off of his previous posts. In the end I can't agree with Gheb's conclusion that Maven was trying to "manipulate" him because it ultimately just seems like a misunderstanding to me (just initial thoughts though).
[/Collapse]

This in itself is not townie, more so just not scummy. However I mention it because it led to a tiny back-and-forth between WATT and Maven that lasted between 576 to 580. I liked Maven's responses to WATT there and felt like I could follow his thought process which I like.

Fanny is more so basically the same reasoning Ryker likes me. His play just seems very natural. There's no one thing that I like about him especially, he just genuinely seems to want to catch scum, and his play has been consistently that.

I said "slight town" reading Spak but honestly the more I think about it the more I actually do like him, even more so than a "slight" town read. This whole game I've been reserved about him because he seems to have always been playing the "I'm helping!" game (I know there's a mafia wiki term for it but it escapes me currently, it's basically what I did my first newbie game as scum). However based off of his posts toDay I think he IS trying which is ultimately what matters. So I think I can chalk up his "I'm helping" play to a newb being clueless rather then a newb trying to be manipulative.

K there done phew.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
For you, I would like an updated opinion on Maven/Ruy/Rake/Watt.
Ruy? Scummy as ****. Easy read, easy push, but I haven't seen anything out of him I like.

I like Wott on reread. A lot of ******** occurred that I think, if he were scum, he would've slipped during any point of that ***** fest. I don't think he's off scotfree but a lot of the early pressure came on a misunderstanding and an overall mistake that he just didn't want to admit.

Not sure why Ryker dislikes Rake. I still think he's a fairly strong townread of mine. I had a few people as townie simply because they were actively pushing and looking in a bunch of different avenues and Rake was one of them (another was Fandangox really). I think my only point of distaste was his vote on Maven as he justified it as a gutread in the middle of D1. There was more than enough to launch a Maven push, and he discreetly hopped off later as Maven was picking up pressure IIRC.

I don't really care for Maven. I don't like how a majority of D1 he has Ruy as a primary scum target but he spent most of his posts talking about you and Ryker. He talked about Ruy here and there to look like it but his vote never went onto Ruy until the end of the phase trying to avoid his own death. He's 100% holding Ruy at arm's length at that point (and even gave Ruy a pass for his play but never really absolved him off the scumlist) and it's grody as ****.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright, I am probably gonna take a mafia break for a little bit and come back around tomorrow. On Tuesday I probably won't be here because I flying back to CO and will be drained af.

I'm going to keep playing with some reads currently in my mind. I'm almost to the end of D1.

Top Bottom