• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
After hammering Rosa i picked up her ****. I picked up a cellphone that I got a call on at night. From Ryu, who then proceeded to ask how I had his cellphone and the call disconnected.

Pretty sure he claimed he only got messages so imma just go with he lied and is therefore worth pushing it over

:059:
Well 16 hours left or something, better claim them if I am on the table.

I'm Raziek town Gossip mod.

I got a gamecube controller and a cell phone.

My ability is that I can get message sometimes...uhh whatever that does.
Yeah technichally that's what he said.

I'll bite, we need a full claim at the very least if that's true.

Vote: Red Ryu

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Vote: WoTT

WoTT, why is the Dietz side not pushing J to be more constructively active, his day so far has felt like a sidebar to me, his content while relevant feels like only pieces, like he's holding back on being viewed as over aggressive or possibly being reserved due to being worried about his thread position. How do you feel about this argument ?
Weaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Stop people from following any of the "alphas" based on name recognition, stop new players from thinking that's a smart strat, and to hopefully get something from Ryker in response to me telling people to not take him too seriously.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
[quote="#HBC | Laundry, post: 19814096, member: 187411"I wanna work with you if you're town. Tell me straight, are you scum this game or are you gonna work with me?[/quote]
Town, bruh. Where you been since I started posting again? All I've seen is a snippet where you said to bury me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
For scum-reads, I really want to sink my teeth into Maven more than likely after what was happening near the end of the day phase. My opinion on Laundry was null currently *re-read priority* and for Dancer I do recall him being overly mechanical in the past but I would like to see him post toDay because I feel I didn't get enough meat out of him. So far, I do have good vibes from him so not a current threat/scum-read.

Also I am making an ava out of that picture Ryker just put up so bare with me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Votes for Rosalina (in order from first to last):
1. Gheb
2. Dancer
3. Kantrip
4. WoTT
5. Spak (me)
6. Ryu
Hammer: Rake
8. Maven (late but with hammering intent, only a minute after Rake)
9. Ryker (6 minutes after the hammer)

I think that we should go through this list and question the motives behind everyone's votes. Mine was desperation because the Rosie swing was strong and since I was gonna be away for a bit, I wanted to avoid a no-lynch. Since Gheb (the main leader of the Maven Movement) was abandoning the Mav Wag and it looked like Maven wasn't getting any more votes for the day, I decided to bail shortly after him and make my slot useful.

The Gheb assassination tells me that either he was onto something in his posts or the Mafia want us to think he was onto something in order to lead us down the wrong path.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ Spak Spak : Here's the thing about the Rosa lynch. She was a quick wagon snap at the end of the day and that nearly everyone on that least as the valid response of saying "I was just trying to avoid a No Lynch" what needs to be done (and I am doing) is that I am going to look back at the end of the day phase and see who's vote posts hold reasonings that may look like they knew she may have been flipping town. Especially since the lynch occurred in the last 12 (IRL) hours of the day phase.

But here is a question for you since you were in the thread at the time: Who's vote struck a chord with you if any? Was any vote seeming like someone desperation to just lynch someone or actively looking for information. *Key difference as to find the scum-intent here*

The later about the Gheb NK is complete WIFOM, however. Gheb NK makes not a whole lot of sense to me because he wasn't even on anyone's radar honestly and didn't really notice much of him.

You did say something that peaked my interest. You said Gheb was the main leader of the Maven Movement. Talk about Maven to me on your opinion of where he lies to you after both Gheb/Rosa's flips.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
For the record I don't think I'm mechanical. >.>

J, when you attacked Maven yesterday did you actually read the thread? There's was a lot about your case that was just factually wrong. If you go back and read Maven's responses to your attack you'll see. Can you respond to that please (along with the actual particulars of our accusations towards you outside of "I'm not scummy for lack of content.").

Ryker why do you think Maven is scummy?

No comment on Ryker being revealed a jailer cus WIFOM.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sure, I can adresse those when I come to them in my re-read. However, I would like to talk more with you Dancer. Particularly where your head is at. When I was posting, I had skim-read, but I was confident on what I was saying. I'll relook at my evidence, but something about Maven still just did not read as coming from a town-intent when he was looking at me on cursory glance.

Eh, mechanical isn't an insult. I just don't think of you as using Pathos in your posts and you are much more of a Logos guy.

#HBC | Dancer

J, when you attacked Maven yesterday did you actually read the thread? There's was a lot about your case that was just factually wrong. If you go back and read Maven's responses to your attack you'll see. Can you respond to that please (along with the actual particulars of our accusations towards you outside of "I'm not scummy for lack of content.").

@Bold: If this request takes too long please just respond to the first one.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@ Spak Spak : Here's the thing about the Rosa lynch. She was a quick wagon snap at the end of the day and that nearly everyone on that least as the valid response of saying "I was just trying to avoid a No Lynch" what needs to be done (and I am doing) is that I am going to look back at the end of the day phase and see who's vote posts hold reasonings that may look like they knew she may have been flipping town. Especially since the lynch occurred in the last 12 (IRL) hours of the day phase
OK, I can see why questioning would be ineffective.

But here is a question for you since you were in the thread at the time: Who's vote struck a chord with you if any? Was any vote seeming like someone desperation to just lynch someone or actively looking for information. *Key difference as to find the scum-intent here*
Maven and Ryu were doing desperation votes to save their own butts, Dancer was at a friend's house and couldn't do much reading, Kantrip sorta just snuck in and basically said "I'm here to change if my vote needs changing", Ryker wasn't caught up on his reading yet, Rake was just kinda wagoning, and WoTT copied Kantrip's reasoning and seemed to advise Ryu and Maven to wagon as well if they want to "both make it through". This pressure could be perceived as wanting to avoid a no lynch, but the votes in the given time frame he had showed that Rosie was already decently close to the guillotines, and if the rest of the town wanted to avoid a no lynch, the pressure was frankly unneeded.

The later about the Gheb NK is complete WIFOM, however. Gheb NK makes not a whole lot of sense to me because he wasn't even on anyone's radar honestly and didn't really notice much of him.
Had to look up WIFOM, but I understand what you mean now.

You did say something that peaked my interest. You said Gheb was the main leader of the Maven Movement. Talk about Maven to me on your opinion of where he lies to you after both Gheb/Rosa's flips.
Honestly, my opinion is almost the same, but just less of a firm scum lean. Gheb said Maven was still scummy, but he was also willing to disband the MavWag. While Maven would have incentive to kill Gheb for his pressuring, I feel like Maven would have more to gain from not killing him because of how vocal he was about the Maven scumishness. This is my first day of Mafia where we were wrong about the lynch and all the Mafia are still out and about, so I'm still working on figuring out how to analyze an unsuccessful night.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
This pressure could be perceived as wanting to avoid a no lynch, but the votes in the given time frame he had showed that Rosie was already decently close to the guillotines, and if the rest of the town wanted to avoid a no lynch, the pressure was frankly unneeded.
This part didn't make as much sense as I thought it did before posting. What I tried to say was that based upon the rate at which votes were coming in and the fact that we had another 50-ish minutes, calling out specific people and threatening that they wouldn't make it through the night if they don't vote this person wasn't needed yet. The Rosa/Maven/Ryu votes were fairly close at this point (correct me if I'm wrong), so Maven and Ryu weren't even in much danger of getting lynched anyways.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

My vote is currently sitting on Maven because Gheb was on him. I'm going back to reading the thread at the moment.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Currently a third of the way through my re-read.

@ Spak Spak : Okay. So you have given me a great analysis on the votes that happened yesterDay and that'll help. However, what I really would like now is where your head is at. Did any of those votes look scummy to you? You said a lot on WATT's vote so talk to me more about that slot. You said you have a slight scum-lean on Maven, is it enough to have a vote on that slot or do you perceive there may be someone more deserving of being lynched toDay?

Talk to me about Red Ryu then next, please and thanks.

#HBC | Dancer

Sure, I can adresse those when I come to them in my re-read. However, I would like to talk more with you Dancer. Particularly where your head is at. When I was posting, I had skim-read, but I was confident on what I was saying. I'll relook at my evidence, but something about Maven still just did not read as coming from a town-intent when he was looking at me on cursory glance.

Eh, mechanical isn't an insult. I just don't think of you as using Pathos in your posts and you are much more of a Logos guy.
Alright, I'll just tell you straight up.

I like Maven. I like Laundry. I like Fanny. I sorta like Rake and WATT. I don't like you or RR.

I pretty much explained you, although I retract accusations against you about inactivity cus apparently you just do that Day 1. More or less my first red flag wrt you was your push against Maven seemed forced. Then later Fanny came in with more accusations against you that I agreed with and fueled the fire. However I later starting gaining reservations because of the combination of WL/Ryker/RR all saying that you've been mislynched before and played exactly like this. Furthermore although I didn't say this at the time I WIFOM'd a town tell out of your stubbornness to play Day 1 (why would scum put themselves in that kind of ****ty spot?).

Unfortunately I didn't really much of a chance to read the thread near the end of Day 1 because of work and a final exam. Reading through it now, I find that I really didn't like your push against Maven. It seemed very desperate, made with your back against the wall, which is an accusation that I support with the fact that a lot of what you've came out with against was just wrong. Basically I thought you were just trying to get a lynch that wasn't yours.

Furthermore I really didn't like your soft claim in your 560 given the context of the situation you were in. Right at the end of that post from you, it was like just a big "Oh man guys I have juuuuuusssttt a big role btw tehe!" With your head up as a potential lynch it honestly reads kind of like a threat that lynching you would spell trouble for town and it just seems malicious.

RR on the other hand not because of his refusal to have a scum read Day 1 but rather because he insisted on it. It seemed like he was trying to manipulate people to town read him rather than just be townie, if that makes sense. I pointed this out earlier but I decided that it was merely "dishonest" and not necessarily scummy. However I think I might have been too nice to RR. WATT posted a pretty good summation of it that I'll find in a bit.

J, talk to me! You don't like Maven, or at the very least want to look at him more. Why? Expand on what you mean when you say that he's "not coming from town-intent."

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
start explaining ryu or i will personally see you dead

:059:
Better question, why did you have Rosalina's Phone, aka Red Ryu's phone.

I was told last night with Ryu dead I could call the phone and see who picked it up, Sure enough you were the one on the other line in the conversation.

I asked you during the night what the **** you were doing with that phone and immediately after I asked that my phone got stolen.

Explain Rake.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay. Bottom of page 7 and Ruy is garbage. Ruy is completely inconsequential. He's asking a bunch of questions that go nowhere and sidelining.

However, I REALLY dislike Rake's vote on Ruy this phase with the comments asking for votes without elaborating and a complete focus on the mechanics behind the role when it looks like there's something more going on that Ruy's claim points out. It's fair. Ruy didn't say everything, but it was also a really premature claim. I don't know where he's going with it.

@ #HBC | J #HBC | J Talk about Ruy and Rake. @#HBC | Laundry Talk about Rake's treatment of Ruy specifically.

Vote Ruy

Dancer, read on Wot?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I was told during the night I could make phone calls, this was a message I got just last night.

I also got a one shot track since "Ryu" got lynched last night.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Whoa, I soft-claimed?! God dammit drunk J.

It's not even my role I'm happy about haha, it is purely based on my role name itself. More like "who" I am playing as.

Regardless, most of your dislike surrounding me is probably substantiated in that post you keep referencing so I will respond to Maven. It also probably has a great deal to do with the fact that I am not completely 100% read.

However, I am more curious on your Ryu read, because at with me I know you are wrong, I can understand the Ryu dislike.

Through the beginning of D1, Ryu had a weird fascination with me and I never really got why. The way I am currently looking at it is to try and buddy me as an ally and I get the heeby jeebies looking at it now because it looks of ill-intent especially with him having no valid reason to defend me as much as he did yesterDay. Everyone of the past laid in saying things about my D1 and the only ones to push me were You/Fanny/Maven who wouldn't know any better honestly. However, Ryu was defending me beforehand. I am continuing on but from pg. 8 I dislike Ryu the most.

#HBC | Dancer

I'm not Orbo, but I'd consider it at this point if it came to it because he seems to be actively avoiding choosing his own lynch target or putting suspicion down. In my experience with Ryu I'm used to TownRyu saying his mind on things even if it looks bad on him (especially if it looks bad on him), but here when asked who he was looking at besides putting checkmarks next to agreed town names he told me "Kantrip and Ryker", the only two players who couldn't push back about it.

I see him touching on his town meta by stating that he doesn't care who knows that he doesn't have any reads, but that feels to me more like a mindful callback to it, not an actual part of what he's trying to do. I'm used to "X is scum because Y and I don't care how bad that logic sounds" rather than the reverse, where there is no list and no active attempts I can see to make a list.

Now just today he folded on voting J, but without arguing about it with anyone or discussing options, rather just posted a single list of candidates that other people had agreed on as if he truly also doesn't care that he a) has no reads and b) won't defend the town ones he claimed either.
This is WATT's post that I was talking about btw that summarizes my ill feeling towards RR. It's something that I can really get behind and that's cool.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Question @ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer actually.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems your read list is mainly comprised of people who have "agreed" with you. Do you think that may be a force in what you are deciding to determine your scum and town leans? That's what I am reading (very uneducatedly currently) on your reads *mainly from the J push*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I missed this, because he hammered Rosa?
Correctomundo. That's the quirk of this game. Whoever hammers/kills get items. That's also a big reason we all decided to Destroy the Green Lantern ring yesterDay.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Correctomundo. That's the quirk of this game. Whoever hammers/kills get items. That's also a big reason we all decided to Destroy the Green Lantern ring yesterDay.
Why haven't we been having town players hammer then? Or rather stronger town reads.

Top Bottom