• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Because yesterDay was a quick wagon-snap?

Even I knew that and I wasn't even here.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker : Currently Ryu is in the "will lynch" pile and I haven't had much a problem with Rake this game. I am reading his hop onto Ryu more of a town tell if anything especially with how vehement he came in with it. It looks like Rake seems to have found something that makes him believe he has found scum and I do not really think scum!Rake would come in this manner. The only thing I would say I dislike is that Rake calling for more votes on Ryu so quickly because the Day-Phase literally just started. I would have handled the situation differently, but for now I do not see Rake as a lynch candidate.

Short answer: Ryu leans scummy; Rake leans towny.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ruy is disgusting and also a punching bag at this point.

Ruy give me a read list with elaboration of your harder reads.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Because yesterDay was a quick wagon-snap?

Even I knew that and I wasn't even here.
I missed this.

Rake is tunneling something stupid, but I don't think he is scum. I was just told last night I could call with the phone which was not told to me when the game started. If he doesn't justify this I am seriously looking in his direction.

Gheb kill is weird, I don't think that was at all an accident to direct WIFOM rather it was to remove a power player in terms of where he stood.

J, do you think Wott is decently even close to a town read? I don't like the way he started the vote with my claim with zero interest in my former play, without a mention.

I joined you d1 for the Pheonix wright stuff going around and that was it early on. Later on I did not think your wagon was justified.

Because I liked lunch box lady and you came back into a DGames with that Parasol girl from the games.

Don't care for Ryker's vote, want to see where he goes and questions.

Laundry needs stronger direction outside of myself.

Fand and Dancer are A-ok with me.

Still meh on Maven, doesn't look as good on a Gheb town flip.

Spak...idk maybe Ryker was right on this slot with his asking permission, I'm not sure if this is newbie style of play or Ryker might be right about how the slot played out.

Vote: Wott

Place holder til I dig in here more.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker : Currently Ryu is in the "will lynch" pile and I haven't had much a problem with Rake this game. I am reading his hop onto Ryu more of a town tell if anything especially with how vehement he came in with it. It looks like Rake seems to have found something that makes him believe he has found scum and I do not really think scum!Rake would come in this manner. The only thing I would say I dislike is that Rake calling for more votes on Ryu so quickly because the Day-Phase literally just started. I would have handled the situation differently, but for now I do not see Rake as a lynch candidate.

Short answer: Ryu leans scummy; Rake leans towny.
You have no reason to give him a town read for this.

Unless he elaborates on the why part at all.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ruy being a freebie and me not liking Rake at the current point in my reread make this lynch terrifying.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Question @ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer actually.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems your read list is mainly comprised of people who have "agreed" with you. Do you think that may be a force in what you are deciding to determine your scum and town leans? That's what I am reading (very uneducatedly currently) on your reads *mainly from the J push*
Hmmmmm.

Are you talking about the fact that I'm town reading Maven and Fan? If so, then no. I think Fan has a townie mindset and I started town reading Maven after his bout with you and Gheb.

Whhhhhhhyyy do you ask?

Also get at me with the question I asked pls.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ruy is disgusting and also a punching bag at this point.

Ruy give me a read list with elaboration of your harder reads.
1. Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/Jdietz Hydra)

3. Maven89

4. Kantrip

5. Spak

7. FandangoX

8. Red Ryu

9. #HBC | Dancer

10. #HBC | Ryker

11. Rake the Macaroni Jabroni

12. Laundry

13. J

~

Placeholder reminder for me while I go off for a bit.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I keep ninja'ing WATT like a boss.
suuureeeeee buddy
I missed this.

Rake is tunneling something stupid, but I don't think he is scum. I was just told last night I could call with the phone which was not told to me when the game started. If he doesn't justify this I am seriously looking in his direction.

Gheb kill is weird, I don't think that was at all an accident to direct WIFOM rather it was to remove a power player in terms of where he stood.

J, do you think Wott is decently even close to a town read? I don't like the way he started the vote with my claim with zero interest in my former play, without a mention.

I joined you d1 for the Pheonix wright stuff going around and that was it early on. Later on I did not think your wagon was justified.

Because I liked lunch box lady and you came back into a DGames with that Parasol girl from the games.

Don't care for Ryker's vote, want to see where he goes and questions.

Laundry needs stronger direction outside of myself.

Fand and Dancer are A-ok with me.

Still meh on Maven, doesn't look as good on a Gheb town flip.

Spak...idk maybe Ryker was right on this slot with his asking permission, I'm not sure if this is newbie style of play or Ryker might be right about how the slot played out.

Vote: Wott

Place holder til I dig in here more.
you do realize dietz didnt like your play yesterday right

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Did any of those votes look scummy to you? You said a lot on WATT's vote so talk to me more about that slot. You said you have a slight scum-lean on Maven, is it enough to have a vote on that slot or do you perceive there may be someone more deserving of being lynched toDay?

Talk to me about Red Ryu then next, please and thanks.
Those votes didn't really look scummy to me, no... I think I saw someone using information as an excuse to lynch you earlier D1, but that was quite a while back and in the middle of all of the JWag. My read on Maven is enough to have a vote on his slot, although I still want to get as much time in the day as possible to see where it takes us and get more content to analyze.

Quite honestly, I've been back and forth on Ryu the entire day. Rake's talk about "message" vs "call" seems a bit nitpicky and I don't like that he's voting a slot based upon a small term that Bard may have just misworded in the item description. He kept on me after everyone else had gone and I frankly think that his reasoning of "wanting to talk to me more" was a bit dumb because a majority of his questions I had already answered. With that said, most good scum would probably not stay on one person that long after most others had gone, because that singles them out. Not having played with people and knowing their playstyles is handicapping my reads at the moment, but I'd say that Ryu is in the top 5 in my lynch pile, but I'm not positive on him being scummy.

So tl;dr, my Ryu read at this point is that I'd be willing to lynch him if absolutely necessary, but I wouldn't join the wagon without being convinced that something is wrong (unless he does something to reveal more scummyness). My first vote is still Mav.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hmmmmm.

Are you talking about the fact that I'm town reading Maven and Fan? If so, then no. I think Fan has a townie mindset and I started town reading Maven after his bout with you and Gheb.

Whhhhhhhyyy do you ask?

Also get at me with the question I asked pls.
Mainly because you aren't really making any waves. I like you, but mainly that's because of how logical you are. Explain exactly where you started town-reading Maven and what about Fand's play is of a townie mindset because a lot of people keep throwing that name around (mainly you/Ryker) and I can't really recall much of Fand and I'm still re-reading.

Your question is in the process of being answered.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Here's my thing with you Dancer, currently. Your reads are way easy too have. I'm just tapping my foot on you currently and would love to get my read on you out of the way.

Talk to me about Spak and Ryker's implosion of posts. There is enough content from both to have a slight read on either slot based on toDay.

#HBC | Dancer

Here's my thing with you Dancer, currently. Your reads are way easy too have. I'm just tapping my foot on you currently and would love to get my read on you out of the way.

Talk to me about Spak and Ryker's implosion of posts. There is enough content from both to have a slight read on either slot based on toDay.
Sure. Slight town for both of them.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I said talk to me about them haha. That usually entails more of a response. I'd also like that exact location of the Maven read.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Cus we're idiots who probably all forgot about the mechanic when the time came to lynch at least I know I did).
I didn't know until the lynch had happened tbqh.

Okay, I'm done with page 8 (this **** is like pulling teeth. I am NOT in the mindset to be reading this game).

I like Fand. I like Dancer. I like J. I like Gheb (dead even though I tried to save him).

I kinda like WATT.

I kinda dislike Maven.

I dislike Spak. I dislike Rake. I dislike Ruy.

The latter two are in DIRECT confrontation at the moment.

@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry I need you. Where did you go? Make this interesting for me. Preferably tonight.

#HBC | Dancer

I don't think there's anything wrong with having "easy" reads. If scum makes themselves "easy" targets then so be it! ^^

Man you're making me ios two players ugh okay give me a bit.

Also J I feel that you've already decided I'm scum. Tell me I'm wrong.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Whoa, hold up there a second.

You dislike Spak? He is quite literally my strongest town-read.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This is my problem with Ryu's questioning. He says he wants us to let him continue to feel Spak out, but then he doesn't ask any questions the rest of the time he's on, even when he's talking to Spak he just gives some joke reference to some game (i think?) post. Then later he comes in and posts, but the whole "let me question him" is odd to be because he's barely doing that. He is also voting the guy but says he wants to feel him out before he puts him in one side or another.

He's also brought up my RVS post as being bad, but when I pointed out he did the same thing more times then I did, he admitted he did but still insisted his point stands. How does his point stand if it would logically make his slot scummier then mine? I'm not sure if it's scum intent or not, I'm not voting him off any of this yet, but it's weird and stands out to me. On the other hand I'd have expected scumRyu to push Spak much harder then he has, hence why there's no vote. I still want attention called to this.

No, he's a newer player so the fact that his push was weak was probably not evident to him, so for me to defend him could only be a pro-town action, and honestly if I was in that position I'd probably give a town read to me too, it makes sense.

The Watt town read is more questionable, but right now I'm reading it as just a poor read then scummy, if he was trying to turn people to his side by reading them as town he'd probably try and town read Ryu and Laundry or Rosa who are the ones that were/are pushing him.

Ok, this gave me an idea, and I don't think it's an idea we should do but since I've seen no one else suggest it, since we know that items will be given to whoever kills a target, we could give the ring to someone we believe would be NK'd so anyone who kills them will get the doublevote and immediately out themselves.

I think this is too risky to do but I'd consider it the best option after destroying it, if anyone has an idea to make that work bring it up, but as it stands I still think we should destroy it. Just want to bring up any alternative so we could discuss it if needed.

I've been playing here since November of last year, I believe I've actually only played 2 games with Ryker unless he was in a hyrda and I missed it, but overall, and people who have played with me can collaborate, I basically always attack any alpha attempt as soon as I see it, because I don't believe any player should have so much clout with others unless they are essentially confirmed town. If someone's drawing the spotlight I go at it because if they want that much power they should have that much more scrutiny. Normally this goes on until I'm happy enough with the slot to stop it. And overall I don't like alphas forming out of nothing other then personality instead of game reasons. No problem with a slot having more clout then others, that always happens, but I find players letting anther player have their way because of personality to be lazy and detrimental, and in no small part it's for my own read, I'm instinctively more skeptical in this game of someone of unknown alignment coming in and trying to boss people around then I am of someone not doing that. So I push and ask questions. One I got lynched for doing it.

I just re-read the game (hence this post), and honestly nothing from WoTT stuck out to me as being very scummy. I think the J avenue has merit but unfortunately this re-read didn't give me any real insights on whose scum or not and I think I'm just going to have to do it again, I'll follow this up in a little with another post soon to explain it.

Vote: Ryker

Because he's not posting and out of everyone else I find that odd
Nine pages in and Maven is committing to nothing. I don't like him at all.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

I'm not gonna lie, I am playing with the idea that you are scum. It's actually a fascinating theory.

For now, I'm having fun questioning you so let's keep up our game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
His early game makes me want to vomit as of page 9.
However, the intent behind it reads as newbie town stuck in a bad spot and trying to salvage himself. His responses to me so far toDay is making me really comfortable with him. Plus out of that category of players, I would not be into lynching him at all.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wait. You think DANCER is scum? That's quite literally MY biggest town read (sans Fand).
As I told him, I am playing with that idea. My face when talking to Dancer is literally this avatar. I do not have him as town and I don't have a clear cut reason to call him scum. Basically, I see no reason to call him on anything and there is a theory I have, but I am not diving into that pool until proof presents itself. For now, I am just questioning him.

Get back to me later. Other fish look tastier to fry.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
However, if you wanna talk Dancer, I am more than willing to have a chat about him. Maybe it will help me flesh my read out on him.

Why is Dancer so hard town for you?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Well I used the Crystal Orb hoping to either clear you or damn you, @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker . It turns out, I have done both. Whoops.

Yes, that was me. I'll explain after I'm getting food.

:186:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay. Laundry is all over page 9. I've been bothering him since I got here because I wanted to see where he was. However, I really like his catch-up on page 9. I disagree with both his Rake and Wot reads, but I like him a lot.

So I am watching BB while I am responding to things but I am gonna do a little PSA.

My not doing things D1 =/= scummy. I mean, you are welcome to your opinion on how to play the game, but that does not mean you have the right "nip it in the bud" especially considering how long I have been playing this game, I know which playstyle works best for me. Ironically, this is the only site that seems to persist that there is a problem. If I am lynched for not being "gung-ho" D1, then I have no qualms. But I am not yet, so I am gonna continue to play haha.
This is COMPLETELY unrelated to the game at hand, but "works best for you" is not pro-town. I should know. I am the king of anti-town but works best for me. Marshy does it, Swiss does it, I do it. It doesn't mean it's pro-town. If you can't get away with it, then I advise stopping. However, you apparently CAN get away with it so what the **** ever at this point. I'm tired of mislynching you every game we're in.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
However, if you wanna talk Dancer, I am more than willing to have a chat about him. Maybe it will help me flesh my read out on him.

Why is Dancer so hard town for you?
His entire gameplay reads natural. He doesn't appear to have any sort of agenda other than lynch scum. His push toward you, in particular, mirrors to a T my town gameplan the last two or three times I was in a game with you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Never said anything about Pro-Town but haha, alright then.

And you are one page ahead of me currently. Both my mafia games are exploding and I can't type fast enough/read fast enough to stay on top.

#HBC | Dancer

I'm not gonna lie, I am playing with the idea that you are scum. It's actually a fascinating theory.

For now, I'm having fun questioning you so let's keep up our game.
Sure thing buddy! I'm having fun to tbh. I'm glad that we're friends.

Btw link me to your stream someday pls.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha will do. My friends are bugging me to do all the FNAF games after playing a bit of the first one (I've watched them all and screw that). I'm glad we are friends too. :)

Let's talk Laundry. Has anyone's town-read on you seem sheepy?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, the last post reads much better with Maven playing at politics like his ****ing alpha thing. He just thinks he needs to get on his soapbox. That's not nearly as bad once he explained it.

However, the intent behind it reads as newbie town stuck in a bad spot and trying to salvage himself. His responses to me so far toDay is making me really comfortable with him. Plus out of that category of players, I would not be into lynching him at all.
I don't want to lynch him now either, so that's fine. My initial exposure to him is documented where he just doesn't vote. Talks about it forever and just sits there gathering dust. I STILL don't like that. He's not number one on my list by any means at the moment.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
His entire gameplay reads natural. He doesn't appear to have any sort of agenda other than lynch scum. His push toward you, in particular, mirrors to a T my town gameplan the last two or three times I was in a game with you.
If there is one of the older/experienced/stronger players that is scum, I would probably bet it on being Dancer playing a good game.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Haha will do. My friends are bugging me to do all the FNAF games after playing a bit of the first one (I've watched them all and screw that). I'm glad we are friends too. :)

Let's talk Laundry. Has anyone's town-read on you seem sheepy?
Lemme get myself sorted. I have a fair bit of things to explain as of right now and then I'll answer this. If I forget, quote me and this post and I'll respond.

:186:

Top Bottom