• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What is suspicious about that push?
At that time, it was suspicious because Gheb had just said that Maven had used him to put a substantial amount more pressure on J. I was grasping at straws by this point because we were less than 24 hours before the deadline and I had no clue who I thought was most scummy, but I'm fairly sure about Maven scum now.

Maven89

Smash Master

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak are you kidding

All those happened after Bard's latest votecount

Also Ryker just said he didn't want to hammer. If I was trying to get Ryu lynched sneakily why would I then claim he had the hammer vote if he didn't? That makes him not want to vote him
Didn't see Rosa's because it was in-between text and forgot to add one for the other voting. My bad.

Unvote

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't like you Spak.

See, now I'm stuck. I don't like any of these lynches, but I like the combination of Gheb, Rake, J, and (bleck) Spak better than I like the combination of Kantrip, Laundry, WATT and Maven.

However, I marginally like Ruy better than Maven. I am perfectly willing to go either way for a lynch.

Maven89

Smash Master
I was wrong with the votecount actually, before Ryker unvoted I was tied with Ryu with 5 votes, now it's 5-Ryu 4-me. I was thinking Ryu had an extra vote but he only started with 3

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Bard Vote:
Maven: 4
Ryu: 3

Rosa (Ryu +1)

Maven: 4
Ryu: 4

Ryu & Maven (Each +1)

Maven: 5
Ryu: 5

Spak (Maven +1-1)

MAVEN: 5
RYU: 5

Still doesn't add up, but now we have an accurate votecount.

I still think that Maven is the best scum read at this point, but I won't hold the miscount against him because apparently niether of us are good at math.

Vote: Maven

Spak (Maven +1)

Now the vote is:

MAVEN: 6
RYU: 5

ANYONE THAT VOTES MAVEN AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE A HAMMER.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
lol nvm, ryker -1.

Maven: 5
Ryu: 5

DISREGUARD THAT LAST STATEMENT

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm not gonna try to swing the wagons though. When is deadline? I wanna see if I have enough time to talk about **** before bard posts a flip.

:186:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Don't like this direction. Why are we lynching Ryu again? Am I the only one who actually has an argument on why Maven should be lynched? This isn't good. At this rate we're better off lynching Rosie or J.

The reason I asked you to separate the differences to you between J and Ryu was that the arguments against them were largely the same. Both pushes said those slots were barely contributing, and making posts more to pretend to have content then actually conversing, almost all of it involving their questions. I was not insisting you didn't have a reason to separate them, or that there wasn't a reason, but I was asking you to explain what that was because I didn't know what you were thinking.
The way I see it the whole point against J essentially comes down to him actively and purposefully not putting a lot of effort into this game. That's a valid concern and reason enough to lynch somebody. I don't see how that applies to Ryu though and don't understand why you think they are in the same boat. His contributions may not be groundbreaking but I wouldn't accuse him of actively withholding stuff.

:059:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Fantastic.

I'll try to be back in time to beat out the flip but in case I don't and I die today:

-ryker's making all thesthese claims of slots he has opinions on but that list where he lists town reads and then says he'd Lynch the rest of the game belies him. I don't trust any of those reads, he's not looking to lunch scun reads, he wants to get a lynch. Period.

Investigate the **** outta that tomorrow if I can't. I'm also highly skeptical of the maven wagon as that combination of ryker, j, and gheb being on it makes my skin crawl.

I'm out for now. I'll try to be back in time to explain my perspective tonight. Bard be slow pls

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Apparently gheb actually hates maven for reasons. I still don't trust ryker and j being on that wagon at all.

I don't trust ryu a bit after his claim.

****, there is simply too much ground to cover in this game.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
2 hours 15 minutes. Going out to pump my mom's tire again since she doesn't want to replace a slow leak for some reason.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Just to make this clear: should Maven flip town pretty much everybody who's voting him now is gonna look terrible and is 100% accountable for his death.

If you guys just want to lynch anybody and not be held accountable for a mislynch then I'd strongly suggest lynching Rosie or J.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just to make this clear: should Maven flip town pretty much everybody who's voting him now is gonna look terrible and is 100% accountable for his death.

If you guys just want to lynch anybody and not be held accountable for a mislynch then I'd strongly suggest lynching Rosie or J.

How would Rosie or J town flipping be any different? We would be looked at in the same light either way. What makes you sure that Maven is town and Rosie or J aren't?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I'm not Orbo, but I'd consider it at this point if it came to it because he seems to be actively avoiding choosing his own lynch target or putting suspicion down. In my experience with Ryu I'm used to TownRyu saying his mind on things even if it looks bad on him (especially if it looks bad on him), but here when asked who he was looking at besides putting checkmarks next to agreed town names he told me "Kantrip and Ryker", the only two players who couldn't push back about it.

I see him touching on his town meta by stating that he doesn't care who knows that he doesn't have any reads, but that feels to me more like a mindful callback to it, not an actual part of what he's trying to do. I'm used to "X is scum because Y and I don't care how bad that logic sounds" rather than the reverse, where there is no list and no active attempts I can see to make a list.

Now just today he folded on voting J, but without arguing about it with anyone or discussing options, rather just posted a single list of candidates that other people had agreed on as if he truly also doesn't care that he a) has no reads and b) won't defend the town ones he claimed either.
What do you think of a possible J/Ryu scumteam? While everyone else has told me J is like this D1, Ryu is the only one so far to actually like j's content.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Alright we need to figure out a lynch.

I still don't understand the maven hate.

Rosalina looking noobscum, would lynch Rosalina or Ryu.

I'll vote maven or J or Ryker to avoid a No Lynch but I'd prefer not to lynch them over the 2 I mentioned who aren't going to improve and are just going to be a problem until we lynch them one way or another
What's your biggest scumread?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Cool, people doing math for me.

@ Fandangox Fandangox Where should I vote?
I still don't like J, but i can see now that lynch is not happening today.

I still don't understand the Maven wagon, almost no one has properly convinced me of why he is scum.

WATT and Laundry seem fine, but I still find their timing on their spak push at the beginning of the game weird, Laundry still hasn't answered my last question yet.

Spak hasn't really been contributing despite posting a lot, but my impression is that it is just newplay.

I'd rather get Red Ryu today then, I don't like his reasoning for liking J's post, and he even mentioned himself as "lynch" that should be happening, I will go look up that specific post now.

Ryu is at L-2 right?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
How would Rosie or J town flipping be any different? We would be looked at in the same light either way. What makes you sure that Maven is town and Rosie or J aren't?
... read the thread before you post. I'm the one who started the whole Maven push in the first place.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Possible but i feel like scumryu wouldn't be that open about it/defend him as much.
You think? Someone here said Ryu's scum meta is just to not play at all (I think that was Rake) that would made me believe he'd try to defend his teamates so he is not by himself.

Is that just a gut feeling, or does scumryu not defend teamates?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
You think? Someone here said Ryu's scum meta is just to not play at all (I think that was Rake) that would made me believe he'd try to defend his teamates so he is not by himself.

Is that just a gut feeling, or does scumryu not defend teamates?
Scumryu has next to no backbone. He'd play it very on the fence about it and leave himself wiggle room. If ryus scum i dont think j is

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I'm sorry but I haven't read.

Vote: Rosa

Don't like either wagon, want to see if we can swing this really fast. Wil go Ryu > Maven though if this fails.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Well 16 hours left or something, better claim them if I am on the table.

I'm Raziek town Gossip mod.

I got a gamecube controller and a cell phone.

My ability is that I can get message sometimes...uhh whatever that does.
What kind of message

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
... read the thread before you post. I'm the one who started the whole Maven push in the first place.

And WoTT/Laundry started the push against me early, WoTT dropped out and was a scumread for some until only about 4 or 5 pages ago because he laid off of me so early. I don't see how you leaving the Maven push has much to do with him not being scum, but if you have reason to believe so, I would like to hear it.

Unvote

Anyways, could someone tell me what the Rosa swing is all about? The only thing I've seen that could be pericieved as scummy is dodging a question or two for a day, and J did the same thing.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
For once I agree with Spak, not sure what the Rosa wagon is all about, can someone explain quickly to me?

I am going to go eat, gonna try to be back soon for the vote. But not sure if my vote would Lynch him or put him at L-1

Top Bottom