• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You are not explaining why you are voting Maven though, tell me why.
Placeholder. Mine was still on Kantrip, I believe. I mostly wanted to prove that other lynches can still happen because the current choices blow ass.

Fine me a game where J wasn't handed something where he did **** on Day 1 because I can find at least 3 where I've mislynched him on Day 1 with the exact complaints you're putting forward.

@Maven I didn't say I can read you 100% you asshat. I said I scumread you 100% of the time regardless of alignment.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Why the change on me?
I've always been conflicted on you. On one side of the fence, you kept pushing me a decent amount after everyone else stopped and seemed to understand what I was saying, but I felt like that might have been something to try and see how much pressure I could stand. I've seen quite a bit if scumhunting from you since then, but I've noticed that you have sort of followed pushes rather than starting them yourselves. You haven't really put yourself out so much as some others, and that safety concerns me a little bit.

That said, you're only a very slight scum lean (slightly behind J's) and I likely wouldn't vote for you D1 unless anything signifigant pops up by 3 tomorrow, there are 6 people voting for you and the voting period is drawing close to an end, or someone points out something of concern that I missed earlier; a no-lynch is the last thing I want right now.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Explain what you're trying to say with your Spak observation? I don't understand it.
First, he says he's about to vote J, but will let him respond because he sees him online. Then he sees no response and doesn't vote. He continually mentions that he is willing to vote J, but does not stick his neck out. It looks like he's trying to make sure it's kosher by testing the waters with his commetns about being "about to vote J."

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
It's like you're not even trying to actively play and it's really getting disturbing.

I've never known you to actively resist someone telling you you aren't doing anything, by ignoring it and saying you can't.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What did you like about Ryker's catch up post Ryu? I thought it was underwhelming and lacked convincing reasoning.
I agree! Mostly because today is **** and the options we're looking at are also ****.

Would not want to lynch:

Fand
J
Dancer
Gheb
WATT
Me

Would lynch:
Anyone else

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Oh how the seeds of doubt creep upon me! Do I really have to stay up into the wee hours of the morning auditing players? Why doe this game have to be so hard?

Hi, sorry all I've been enjoying vacation a little too much lately and wanting to really dive into the game on the next day phase since I have been busy drunk horror video game streaming lately haha. However, Ryker's question came at a good time that I have a break in the shenanigans and it's a good way for me to make a mark quickly.

Basically how I am looking at my wagon are as follows:

People who just are disliking my game-play of D1 (Laundry/Gheb/Ruy/WATT)
People who genuinely find me scummy (Fanny/Swords/Maven/Spak/Rosa)
People who are ??? themselves (Ryker/Kanty)

....I am just now realizing how many people have had words about me and I am actually really excited to re-read the game when I have the chance to however looking at the list I will say these quick thoughts.

The first group of people have all played with me before and also have opinions regarding how I play the game. Why they are on me in a null tell in general. Same weigh in that I may be more likely town and others have just been annoyed. We all have different views as to how to play this game and I don't really mind being pressured for tha sole reason because it helps me find scum really easy as to who is using my "meta" as a reason to solely lynch me other than my play in of itself. None of these 4 have struck me as red flags. These four I really want to sink my teeth into because I can read two rather easy (Laundry/Gheb) and the other two confuse the hell out of me (Ryu/WATT)

This pool is kind of how I'm looking at the "more forgiving" thing. The one that shocks me here is Swords because well, he should know better, but eh. I haven't played with the other 4 in this group and of them I dislike Maven and Rosa. Spak as I said leans town and I think he is just being beguiled into following the popular lynch choice. Fanny I think is just harping on the same point over and over so I can't really do much there. Onto the more important reads in this pool. Maven, I feel is being really as Ryker put it, looking for an in on my lynch and then just started bulldogging it. His push just reads, gut-wise, of mal-intent rather than that of a town trying to find scum. He seems to be trying to find who is the best lynch for him in the long run and that would be my slot I am feeling. Rosa, I am looking at her(?) as more of a newbscum read. She does not do much in terms of looking for scum, has had a "gut" read on me for a long time and then there is also the fact that she has not been scum-hunting in her posts but making sideline comments. The problem I have with Maven and Rosa conjoinly is that they both don't really beat to their own drum. Where I can see cogs turning in a lot of people's heads, here I am lacking what I use for reading people as town and that is individuality. They have that group mentality mindset and I am coming up with a lack of words as to how to describe them, but I just have a bad feeling about them when talking about their relation to my wagon.

However, I will say I am terrible with D1 reads. Which is why I do not talk much and also why I stay to the back. I need that papertrail and connections. I can find things if they are really overtly obvious, but all of D1 (to me) is just played with feels, gut, following your heart, and just hoping for the best. That's just a mentality of mine. There is now (on pg. 14) a vote trail which I want to follow and see how the votes on me came about and people's reasoning posts. Those hold the most weight as to finding scum on my wagon.

I have do not kn ow if I will be around by deadline. But based off just what I know regarding my wagon, I would lynch Maven. I am going to put my vote there and hope for that. I would also vote Rosa if it came down to it, but it is in 24 hours and this is SWF mafia haha. I would really like to keep playing especially because of the role I was given in this game and would like to go far with it considering how much work went into it. So, I may be a tad inactive, here and there, but I will not be replacing out.

Unvote
Vote: Maven89
Wait, wait, wait, J. Please post the link to your stream I really want to see it.

Btw for the recorded this whole "you not playing Day 1" thing is news to me. Like I know we've played a lot of games together but I honestly didn't know this. Furthermore I haven't played this game in over a year and lot has escaped me in that time.

The way you described Day 1 pay pretty much applies to everyone. Everyone would like a paper trail and solid evidence to follow but if we all played that way nothing would ever get done. *critic mode*

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
First, he says he's about to vote J, but will let him respond because he sees him online. Then he sees no response and doesn't vote. He continually mentions that he is willing to vote J, but does not stick his neck out. It looks like he's trying to make sure it's kosher by testing the waters with his commetns about being "about to vote J."
I've been waiting to vote because I don't want to sling my vote around like it has no weight. If I switch around my vote at every turning of the tide, it will be nearly as inconsequential as a random.

Anyways, I'll be gone for the next 4 hours and will make a decision on a vote when I get back. Ryker seems to have more if a grasp on the game now, so I'll probably go J if nothing substantial pops up before the end of tonight.
Something substantial popped up, and that was J FINALLY responding. He had a lot of good content, but it was mostly him speaking against his aggressors instead of individual accusations. I'll be online again by the deadline, so I see no reason that I should cast my vote before the required time. If there's another reason for me to put down a vote early and buy us a little more time so that we don't hammer J and regret it in twilight or night phase, please inform me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
*put down a vote early and not buy us a little more time

#HBC | Dancer

All ye scumbags come back last minute and are like "Yar I'm here! Don't lynch me har har har!" Bleh. Why couldn't you all just remain inactive to keep things easy?

J I wish you posted more evidence for your Maven push outside of what only occurred recently.

unvote

Literally everyone is telling me that this is going to be a mislynch. I have to reconsider.

Maven89

Smash Master
@Maven I didn't say I can read you 100% you ******. I said I scumread you 100% of the time regardless of alignment.
I misunderstood your comment, my bad

Maven how do you feel about J pushing you.

Cause i feel a very specific way about it

:059:
Everything he said about me and Gheb was just wrong in every regard. Either he's scum or he didn't even read the thread. I'm waiting for him to respond.

#HBC | Dancer

Can someone remind me how you can view only a specific user's posts in a thread? Is that still a thing?

I misunderstood your comment, my bad

Everything he said about me and Gheb was just wrong in every regard. Either he's scum or he didn't even read the thread. I'm waiting for him to respond.
J already said that he won't be around for deadline IIRC.

Maven89

Smash Master
Ryu I guess would still be my first choice to lynch if the deadline was right now, I hope to get more from J and he'll respond, because I find his push on me to be disgusting, but too bad to make sense for a scum perspective, if he just wanted to add pressure to my slot he could have done so without drawing so much attention to himself and without laying so much rope for the town to hang him with afterwards, hence why I'm cautious in deciding it has to be scum motivation. Him skimming and wanting to throw dirt on my slot because he's salty makes sense

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Can someone remind me how you can view only a specific user's posts in a thread? Is that still a thing?
If you press on the search bar, there will be a little pop-up menu. There should be a checkbox that says "Search this thread only", so you would check that and enter the name of the person you are looking for in the Posted By Member box.

Maven89

Smash Master
Fine me a game where J wasn't handed something where he did **** on Day 1 because I can find at least 3 where I've mislynched him on Day 1 with the exact complaints you're putting forward.
Can you link me to these games (or tell me the names)? Specifically the ones where he's misylnched day 1

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I may be intoxicated as hell but I remember I was lynched in a GS3 mafia game when I was town for the exact same reasons that are presented today.

If you want questions unfiltered, now is the time to ask.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hahaha I'm on my phone and not at able mind. Keep the questions simple and you'll get a response.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey meanie-head, I'm very inebriated. Be nice and some up your question so I can respond to you concisely.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well 16 hours left or something, better claim them if I am on the table.

I'm Raziek town Gossip mod.

I got a gamecube controller and a cell phone.

My ability is that I can get message sometimes...uhh whatever that does.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No, but there wasn't a wagon on you, but on maven and myself.

Plus your claim is just a name claim if I reading it right.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll be around off and on at the office tomorrow and can change my vote around as necessary tomorrow. Someone sell me on a course of action plz.

I'll be a bigger contributor after this weekend. Scout's honor.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK Maven, let's go through this whole thing step by step:

1.) I've never voted for J. I've never pushed for him to get lynched, nor did I even actually argue for it. I simply stated at one point that Dancer's and Fanny's arguments on him were sound. The only other statement I've ever made in this game regarding J was that I think it's wrong of Ryu to let his meta-read on J overrule the fact that his play can be seen as scummy. In the end we both agreed that J would not make a bad lynch either way. Ryu obviously still thinks that's the case as he's voting for J and I still believe that J wouldn't be a bad lynch as well.

However, J has not played a major role to me so far and your counter-argument to my push aginst you seems to be quite ignorant of this fact. Almost every time you talk about my play it seems like it's centered around "pushes" on "votes" on J that I have never made. I'm not sure what it is that makes it seem so important to you to continuously talk about it despite the fact that it never happened.
Will you please acknowledge this? Because the way I see it you haven't done so yet. You should probably read my initial accusation again and then respond to it with these facts in mind.

2.) Now that it's hopefully clear where I've been standing with regards to J, you should probably explain to me again why I should be suspicious of Ryu. My initial statement was "so I don't see why people want to lynch Ryu". You reacted by questioning that read through what you thought was my stance on J at that time. However, that was not actually the stance I had on J. Read through my exchange with Ryu again. The only thing I said to him was that I think it's wrong to hold cerain players to a different standard than others. We ended up disagreeing on this matter - a matter that is not even specifically related to this game. It's an argument that could've been made in any game with and about anybody. We ended up agreeing that lynching J isn't a bad course of action and we both were of the same mindset that his lynch doesn't take high priority regardless.

So tell me again Maven - where do Ryu's and my opinions on J stand in such opposition that I should conclude that Ryu is scummy from it? Even if we did have conflicting stances on that matter why does it mean that I should read Ryu as scum? Why couldn't I just be of the opinion that Ryu is a misguided townie [like I almost always end up thinking, mind you]?

3.) So if you look at this matter from my point of view you should see the following:

* A lot of your arguments seem to be based around a strong scum read/push on J. I don't actually have that read though so I take issue with the fact that you implement that so deliberately in your counter argument.
* As a consequence your argument on why I should read Ryu as scum makes precious little sense. But it bothers me that you'd use counterfactual arguments to base that argument on.
* Even if your logic regarding the two previous points had been sound you'd still owe me an explanation on why I should conclude "scum" over "wrong" in Ryu's case.
* Conclusion 1: you try to manipulate me into supporting a Ryu lynch over a non-existent read.
* Conclusion 2: by way of conclusion 1 you also try to establish scumJ as a fact.
* Conclusion 3: through the way you've argued it's apparent that you were setting up a J + Ryu team.
* Conclusion 4: there's a chance that you would've tried to lump me in there as well.

Since the entire thing with all its implications is based on wrong assumptions on your part ... is it really hard to see why I'd read you as scum for it? Once again, I think you should go back an check out the initial arguments and this time you should argue it with facts.

Also, get a dictionary and look up to meaning of "defensive". I've hardly ever seen that word used so wrong.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Replying as I read along, so haven't read everything yet.
Rosie, mind summing up your scum reads? Your posts tend to be long and cover a lot of subjects and quotes that aren't necessarily elated to one another. It's kinda hard to see where your head's at right now.

Let's see
Spak's actually probably town lean now. I'll get to why when I respond to his post.
Laundry's town cause he's playing like he usually does as town. e.g. hating me and my playstyle. (That's a joke) Legitly has been scumhunting though.
Dancer's town lean. He's had a similar opinion with me about Spak. Also liked his push on me.
Umm... who else?
Willing to lynch watt cos everyone else's evidence seems reasonable. But don't really have him as a scum.
I'm following everyone else on J.
Ryu... I'm not too sure. He seems to be playing like he always does, but I've never seen scum Ryu other than my first mini, which doesn't really count. I want to say town, but not too sure...
Maven: null
Gheb: null
Fanny: no idea. Even less than most other reads.
Anyone else: probably null since I forgot them. But remind me anyway and I'll give comments.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Yeah, except that's totally not true.

It's not a rare thing to happen that somebody is let off the hook - not that Kantrip actually was in such a position - for making a couple of reasonable catch up posts. Especially newer players are often inclined to just see the posts and go "yeah, I agree with this" and read it as pro-town right away.

Holy ****, really?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
What about the confession seemed contrived? Was it just a gut feeling you got if you were reading it, or was it a certain portion of the confession? Do you really think that I would try making up a story after lying to the town got me a significant amount of votes early D1?

Would you mind answering Kantrip's question that you quoted earlier in this post? You quoted three questions in a row, but only seemed to answer the last of the three.

Honestly, I think that Kantrip is a town lean at this point. So far, he seems to have put pressure on nearly everyone and has been scum hunting around quite a bit.
Opinion on Spak improved because of his questioning of my read of him. I feel scum would just take my changed read of him and quit while ahead.

Top Bottom