• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

Foxy

Smash Master
mask, i'll $1 mm you, 3/5, but i'm not playing falcon.

i'll probably do jiggs or marth, maybe fox if i actually practice him before then.

Vilt

Smash Lord
>.> I need to live in Raleigh. I'm starting to hate the lack-of brawl in Gboro. >.> ZERO can I come play with you bro!?

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
not exactly a fair trade... DX
yeah, considering your balls will probably explode if you put them on my knee. D:

i want your balls on my shoulder. :)

mask, i'll $1 mm you, 3/5, but i'm not playing falcon.

i'll probably do jiggs or marth, maybe fox if i actually practice him before then.
no falcon? :(

lol, a falcon ditto would be so much more fun than falcon vs jiggs/marth/fox. but whatever you wanna do is cool, i'm just sayin'.

Foxy

Smash Master
malk, shiek's ftilt is pretty **** in this, fthrow to fair is good, but shiek isn't too broken because ftilt doesn't combo until higher percents (and then it's like an infinite)

vilt: no wavedashing now, because MAD is stupid, but there's a lot more other stuff like auto l-cancelling, dash cancel (TO FSMASH), more more more, i played some ike and he is INSANELY fast now, just **** range everywhere. god****. i'm thinkin ike/marth for top tier.

edit: oh squirtle's utilt is also top tier

Foxy

Smash Master
more notes:

-diddy is an amazing aerial comboer because his uair is low knockback and REAL damage (unlike other uairs like squirtle/mk), way too good
-snake does too too much damage, everything he has is overpowered, at least he has no broken combos
-falco can't normal cg, but he can dthrow-jab (might be escapable with di) until about 100% from zero, guaranteed. probably DI can escape.

Foxy

Smash Master
i still like melee better

but brawl+ is almost as good

gragrioooooooooooo

i'm so making brawl+ pr thread after this, then i can update it after karns

GUYS IMMA MAKE THIS HAPPEN DON'T WORRY BRAWL+ IS GETTIN REP

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Brawl+ is gettin hyped by Foxy.

I'd still rather just play Brawl or Melee. I see where you're coming from though, and I'll give it a shot. Mostly because Malk will be my teammate and he's too good.

Malk

Smash Champion
Brawl+ is gettin hyped by Foxy.

I'd still rather just play Brawl or Melee. I see where you're coming from though, and I'll give it a shot. Mostly because Malk will be my teammate and he's too good.
yeah and sheik and marth are both top tier again!

kupo15

Smash Hero
Just so you know Foxy, you can use the same SD card for each wii. Once the codes load you dont need the sd card anymore and I encourage you start each wii with the same sd card for safty purposes anyway. Hope things work out good.

Foxy

Smash Master
Just so you know Foxy, you can use the same SD card for each wii. Once the codes load you dont need the sd card anymore and I encourage you start each wii with the same sd card for safty purposes anyway. Hope things work out good.
Thanks for the advice, kupo! I'll do that, it will save some time.

I'll have a couple of threads with the videos after the tournament, I'm not sure if there's ever been one before for Brawl+, but I hope to give it a bit of a name. Brawl+ is my lovechild after all, I gotta raise it up. I invented Brawl+ like Al Gore invented the internet.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thanks for the advice, kupo! I'll do that, it will save some time.

I'll have a couple of threads with the videos after the tournament, I'm not sure if there's ever been one before for Brawl+, but I hope to give it a bit of a name. Brawl+ is my lovechild after all, I gotta raise it up. I invented Brawl+ like Al Gore invented the internet.
I remember the ship of fools hosted (the first?) b+ tourney but something happened to their footage. This tourney will be awesome to show us how B+ is and I can not wait to see the outcome. Its really really fun and awesome and I hope a lot of people give it a chance. Falcon Dittos are too much fun. I love the 60% hitlag code because people need to react faster to DI better this way the game doesn't spoon feed good DI. B+ will really show you how well you know how to DI in brawl lol. I have some nice B+ matches on my yt for those who don't know anything about it.

I am interested to see what your code will be. No MAD and using ALC is a good call. The only controversial code would be the buffer code. I absolutely love no buffering but those who are used to brawl's 10 frame buffering might get frustrated that they are not doing what they want to do esp if they havent had the time to adjust. So that is a tricky call. I hope a better teching window code comes out before this tourney... :\

Thanks again Foxy!

Foxy

Smash Master
I remember the ship of fools hosted (the first?) b+ tourney but something happened to their footage. This tourney will be awesome to show us how B+ is and I can not wait to see the outcome. Its really really fun and awesome and I hope a lot of people give it a chance. Falcon Dittos are too much fun. I love the 60% hitlag code because people need to react faster to DI better this way the game doesn't spoon feed good DI. B+ will really show you how well you know how to DI in brawl lol. I have some nice B+ matches on my yt for those who don't know anything about it.

I am interested to see what your code will be. No MAD and using ALC is a good call. The only controversial code would be the buffer code. I absolutely love no buffering but those who are used to brawl's 10 frame buffering might get frustrated that they are not doing what they want to do esp if they havent had the time to adjust. So that is a tricky call. I hope a better teching window code comes out before this tourney... :\

Thanks again Foxy!
I've got what I believe is every physics-altering code apart from MAD and the other forms of L-cancelling, I particularly find the dash cancel to be hugely useful and game changing; hitlag change is also godly, some unexpected moves feel much better with the code, like Jiggs' dair. The only other things I can really note is that I use Mookie's hitstun value and if I remember correctly I used most of his other values, too, as I like his style of B+ more.

I doubt there will be an issue with no buffering; a motto of mine has been that the reason B+ wasn't going to succeed was because of buffering, it just messed up precise actions in the faster gameplay, and if you can't perform everything 100% of the time, then you can't play at a very high level. But this code takes care of it, and we really have a very small interest in Brawl down here in NC, so not many people are used to it or rely on it. We're mostly Melee (especially at this tournament since there isn't any vanilla Brawl), and as we all know, Melee has no buffering. ;)

The teching is difficult but I find it to be similar to the hitlag change, it just makes escaping combos harder and requiring more concentration. However, I've not had many chances to play other smashers in B+ so I don't have much experience with the teching other than seeing that it takes a lot more focus to land.

Foxy

Smash Master
We've all had this discussion before.

There are lots of random kids for Brawl, almost every NC player who posts on Smashboards is a Melee player.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I've got what I believe is every physics-altering code apart from MAD and the other forms of L-cancelling, I particularly find the dash cancel to be hugely useful and game changing; hitlag change is also godly, some unexpected moves feel much better with the code, like Jiggs' dair. The only other things I can really note is that I use Mookie's hitstun value and if I remember correctly I used most of his other values, too, as I like his style of B+ more.

I doubt there will be an issue with no buffering; a motto of mine has been that the reason B+ wasn't going to succeed was because of buffering, it just messed up precise actions in the faster gameplay, and if you can't perform everything 100% of the time, then you can't play at a very high level. But this code takes care of it, and we really have a very small interest in Brawl down here in NC, so not many people are used to it or rely on it. We're mostly Melee (especially at this tournament since there isn't any vanilla Brawl), and as we all know, Melee has no buffering. ;)

The teching is difficult but I find it to be similar to the hitlag change, it just makes escaping combos harder and requiring more concentration. However, I've not had many chances to play other smashers in B+ so I don't have much experience with the teching other than seeing that it takes a lot more focus to land.
Thats cool. Mookie's code set is a little more hardcore in which I;m slowly crawling towards that direction. Hitlag did so much its amazing!!

Yea after looking through this thread it seemed like a lot of melee players in which 0 buffering wouldn't matter that much. I still play melee xD

Teching is stupidly difficult imo and it is being worked on as we speak so thatll speed up the game more. I wouldn't be surprised if most combos are from bouncing ppl across the floor :\

Foxy

Smash Master
DESYNC CHALLENGE: As Brawl allows through hacks for you to play only Popo and only Nana as individual character, GofG and I propose this money match: we play Popo and Nana on a team with TA off against one opponent. Obviously it's the same as a normal IC's match, except a real player is controlling Nana.

Taking up ANY offers, it's a hilarious matchup, looks awesome and is probably lots of fun. If it turns out being hard to beat, we'll drop the money matches and make it something like the Bowser Challenge.

Foxy

Smash Master
Thats cool. Mookie's code set is a little more hardcore in which I;m slowly crawling towards that direction. Hitlag did so much its amazing!!

Yea after looking through this thread it seemed like a lot of melee players in which 0 buffering wouldn't matter that much. I still play melee xD

Teching is stupidly difficult imo and it is being worked on as we speak so thatll speed up the game more. I wouldn't be surprised if most combos are from bouncing ppl across the floor :\
Yeah, for people who haven't played B+ much I've certainly seen combos continue for a long time with floorbounces, but as players realize they need to focus on teching it gets a bit better. A code could be good, but I'm not sure if that's necessary modification. Harder teching and DI could simply be a facet of B+ against Melee, much more like 64 in terms of combo dependency and 0-deaths. Maybe it could move up to 5-stock? I can imagine two good players finishing 3 or 4 stock in a minute or two.

The thing I'd like to see next is edge cancelling, and then my personal preference would be to hugely buff Rest back to Melee power, but then again it was overpowered in that game to begin with. It's just so satisfying.

Foxy

Smash Master
Brawl+: I've made some preliminary rules:
  • 4 stock, 7 minutes, team attack on, no items.
  • Best 2 out of 3, winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals are best 3 out of 5.
  • Double elimination, seeded based on pool results.
  • Pools will consist of one match against each player in the pool, and your record will seed you. I feel that pools (if done quickly) will be useful as we have no prior experience to judge the brackets. This will ensure the fairest possible bracket (players who did the best in pools and appear to be really good at Brawl+ will not play each other early on).
  • Popo, Nana, Captain Falcon Alloy, Zelda Alloy, Kirby Alloy, and Mario Alloy are all tournament legal characters. The alloys are large and strong but have large landing lag from aerials, cannot shield, cannot grab the ledge, cannot dash cancel, and do not have B moves (that means no up B).
    [*]Frozen Warioware, Frozen Pokemon Stadium 2, and Frozen Pictochat are neutral stages and on random select. Frozen Castle Siege, Frozen Norfair, and Frozen Pirate Ship are legal counterpicks.
  • Any infinites or broken combos (definition: simple repeated actions that yield too much damage). Free players will be watching matches to make call me if something looks questionable. If it is deemed so, the match will be restarted with identical characters and stage.
Enjoy them Alloys and new stages.

Edit: Oh, and I'd like to point out the pools there, I think they'd be very helpful for running Brawl+ well.

Top Bottom