• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

Foxy

Smash Master
Edit: Beaten to the punch...

I won't go into it here, but I've really gotten over the MAD code. The game doesn't need it to be better, IMO. But I don't wanna start a debate. If you wanna use the most recent version in Kupo's topic, then that's fine. I'll still send you the stuff I got in a PM if you'd like.
Sure, go ahead and send it, I'll take a look.

I agree that the wavedashing with MAD feels extremely superficial, and it's awkward and almost useless. I almost never used it when playing Brawl+. I may consider not using it, but I'll have to play around more to decide. Obviously I'm gonna do more testing to decide on the tournament hackset, or it could turn out badly.

Bill said that all of Olimar's pikmin get desynched when he air dodges/wavedashes, so you couldn't use any moves that involve Pikmin (almost all of them).
0.o

Alright, that's not good. I might test it, but I believe it. Another reason to not use MAD.

EDIT: WOW, I just checked out new codes, this sh*t is AMAZING. It fixes almost all of the annoying brawl physics bits. I'm freaking in bliss. I'll be playing with this stuff for the next two weeks up till this tournament to decide what we're going to use, probably the standard codeset to make it easier to apply to brought setups but I also want to add some less-used codes to spice things up, like custom char screen css, stage freezing to make a few more neutrals (warioware, pictochat, pokemon stadium 2), and... we'll see. God, this is gonna be so much better than I thought it would. Can't wait to try these codes.

Malk

Smash Champion
wow this thread went crazy

yes I am driving PP and kids if there is any question left in the air
yes PP and I are taking teams
yes PP and I are taking the other teams though neither of us has ever played it before.

GGs all round
I'll money match people too if they want

stingers

Smash Obsessed
stage freezing to make a few more neutrals (warioware, pictochat, pokemon stadium 2)
You can do that? Woo! I love Warioware's basic form, I was so disappointed in how it turned out.

Also, don't forget Music hacks

Foxy

Smash Master
i'll pretty much test every single hack they've done, including music, to try to make this first brawl+ tourney as successful as possible for us all.

this is seriously gonna be an nc bro standard, i swear. it's gonna be cool.

people come down to nc to play in brawl tournies and they're like WHOA THIS SEEMS DIFFERENT

we'll be like, OH THAT'S JUST NC, we're cooler than you so our brawl is a bit different.

Malk

Smash Champion
foxy:
my sheik vs. your anything, $1

god I'm so sorry, my game and watch is mega trash now

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
holy **** it took me forever to get cought up on this thread... hahahah a i ****n love NC..... now i really wish i could go >.<

Foxy

Smash Master
mang, you know i can't beat your shiek

lolnvm, courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

and you probably need the $1.

your shiek vs my marth, sounds good.

Malk

Smash Champion
mang, you know i can't beat your shiek

lolnvm, courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

and you probably need the $1.

your shiek vs my marth, sounds good.
you know me so well
I need that dollar more than you can imagine

ALSO
rawfuls come over sometime this week and we'll have more fun than anyone at this gay *** smashfest

Foxy

Smash Master
malk your record was insane, like 7-2

everyone in losers got ***** by you, including my whatever the cfuk i played

imo you still should have won though

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
lol he's just sad he lost to me =p.... lol yea malk i'll show up sometime this week... although i gotta work all week till next sunday

Malk

Smash Champion
lol it actually felt really good
going to losers first round just to beat bill
me and rawfuls planned it he didn't beat me...
>.>

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'll beat PP with the power of rest

i wish i was better with jiggs shes so fun

...i just realized i play gay characters in melee and brawl >_<

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Foxy I sent you my whole codeset. It should all fit.

You have to use the first bunch of codes all together. So the Merger goes with the NASL, Hitstun, and fallspeed codes. You can just set any values in the Constant Writes code to 1 (3F800000) that you don't want to use (well, not hitstun, but I'd leave it where it's at anyway).

All the other codes are great. I think the shieldstun and hitlag modifiers are at good initial testing values, so tell me afterwards if you think they need to be changed.

Everything below that works outside of the actual game. Replays and pause camera are self-explanitory. Colored Shields is cool, I suggest you try it once to see how awesome they look. All the CSS codes (and the Independent PKMN code) should all be used together. I think you'll like the change it makes.

Foxy

Smash Master
Foxy I sent you my whole codeset. It should all fit.

You have to use the first bunch of codes all together. So the Merger goes with the NASL, Hitstun, and fallspeed codes. You can just set any values in the Constant Writes code to 1 (3F800000) that you don't want to use (well, not hitstun, but I'd leave it where it's at anyway).

All the other codes are great. I think the shieldstun and hitlag modifiers are at good initial testing values, so tell me afterwards if you think they need to be changed.

Everything below that works outside of the actual game. Replays and pause camera are self-explanitory. Colored Shields is cool, I suggest you try it once to see how awesome they look. All the CSS codes (and the Independent PKMN code) should all be used together. I think you'll like the change it makes.
Looks great. Tomorrow I'll try your codeset out, it looks fantastic.

Three things to ask you about:

First, what CSS changes do you have? I envisioned doing something along the lines of ordering the characters by vanilla Brawl tier placement (just for some kind of significant order) and adding in the gimmick characters (plus Shiek, ZSS, and the Poke'mon) as selections.

Second, do you know what the merger code does? I dunno what it is and I'd like to understand all the coding (if you know anything about it).

Finally, can you host your .gct file somewhere and give me a download link? It would be more convenient and save me some time.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
add in the alloys and giga bowser and stuff please

i want to try playing as them

especially wario man I never get to use him for more then 5 seconds -_-

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Super broken. We're working on fixing it.

I did a horizontal reordering instead of columns. Added the Indy PKMN (regular PT still works like normal) and ZSS (still reverts to the regular Samus square after a match), and separated Zelda and Sheik.

The merger code is a recompliation of hitstun, the fallspeed codes, dash canceling, autosweetspotting, lagless edges, and Pokemon Stamina. The big code is condensed versions of everything, the little extra codes tell the game where to read the modifiers in the Writes code.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Malk lemme come over and play with yous guys! I wanna be coolz. Lololol. xD Guilty gear MM malk? $1?

Edit: That's a free dollar malk. :D

Vilt

Smash Lord
Foxy! I'll be bringing Behr's wii so count that as a setup for Brawl+. I got a mirco SD card and converter to SD. I'll see what I can do to get at least some stuff on the card unless you rather do it all at your place. how early can I get there? o.o; 7am good with you? XD

BEHR

Smash Hero
Foxy! I'll be bringing Behr's wii so count that as a setup for Brawl+. I got a mirco SD card and converter to SD. I'll see what I can do to get at least some stuff on the card unless you rather do it all at your place. how early can I get there? o.o; 7am good with you? XD
Ughhhhhhh

God **** it if I was a MOD I'll just ban you for those faces.

Malk

Smash Champion
vilt you can come over tonight I guess if you want, call Mike and come when he does. I will take GG money matches! and arcana heart MMs!

Top Bottom