• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reshaping this Sub-Forum. (Everyone Read)

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
A lot has happened lately, a lot of which, could have been easily avoided, but you learn from your mistakes. You all have to realize, that you put too much power into one person's hands, and that, is a bad decision. To be quite honest, no one in this community deserves to be a leader, because no one has done anything in a tournament with jiggs. As Hylian stated before, no one comes here, because jiggs at the current state and time, sucks. You can argue that she's improving, but the tournament scene has not seen one quality jiggs come up and place well at a tourney, and theres a very big reason why.....

....You're all wasting your wasting your time writing about all these things like frame data and rests that are almost all very situational, and are very very hard to pull off on people that aren't computers. Instead of playing more, you come here and read about stuff, and test it on computers, and expect to get better. You don't get better by reading about it, you get better by getting your hands dirty, and by PLAYING this game. The tournament idea for jiggs was a great idea, but playing jiggs players can only take you so far. Wi-fi is definitely not the most desirable thing to grace this game, but it's still practice, and you get character match ups down. You get experience against qualitiy opponents, which helps you learn new things.

I'm going to encouarge you all to Join the AiB or GB ladder, and start playing matches. You'll get quality opponents, and it's relatively easy to set up, and on AiB has tournaments every day on wifi that will help you with the pressure of tournament play. You'll get better from these experiences, and not talking about frame data. G-reg and I played 5 games a few days back, and I think we both learned a couple things about the character, just by seeing new play styles, thats how you improve, you play others and you see what they do right, that you don't, and you do what they do, and they see what you do right, and they don't and they fix it. You start to morph the metagame, and you start to do well at tournies, and then people start noticing, and bam, you have your character getting respect.

You also didn't give other people a chance to state their opinons, without being rudely remarked at. People might be new, but people can have ideas, but don't be a jerk about it, because you're not always right.

I'm requesting being a mod in this section, I don't know if it will happen, but if not I'll advise Air. This section will not be dominated by one person, or one group. This will be the whole community. The Jiggs Back Room is useless, we shouldn't be excluding decisions from members especially something as simple as a character. You won't encourage new members if we have a small "elite" group. Secondly, we're starting a new chat on xat. There won't be one person with ALL the power, we'll have a group of people as super mods, and if someone has a complaint, it will be heard, and they will not be banned from the chat for having an opinon. If enough members agree, we'll make the changes. The Chat is a great way for people who have questions about matchups, to go and ask. Instead of having all these threads about things, we can keep most of this discussion in the chat.

The new Chat room is here

http://xat.com/JiggsDiscussion

Finally, I know G-reg doesn't post that often here, but I truly believe, if anyone should be giving insight about jiggs, it's G-Reg, he has more real tourney experience that most of us, and he's already doing some amazing stuff with jiggs, while only maining her for a few months. Give him time, and he'll be placing well. I'm encouraging G-reg to talk more about tournament discussion, and preparing for a tourney. I'll leave that one up to him.

I'm actually glad that what happened, happened. You guys can finally start growing as a community, instead of beng being held back by stupid stuff.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I agree. Could we get a sticky?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
A lot has happened lately, a lot of which, could have been easily avoided, but you learn from your mistakes. You all have to realize, that you put too much power into one person's hands, and that, is a bad decision. To be quite honest, no one in this community deserves to be a leader, because no one has done anything in a tournament with jiggs. As Hylian stated before, no one comes here, because jiggs at the current state and time, sucks. You can argue that she's improving, but the tournament scene has not seen one quality jiggs come up and place well at a tourney, and theres a very big reason why.....
Yeah that was done intentionally. I did it to try to re-invigorate these boards mainly because the chat had caused people to stop coming to the boards. I killed the chat but I realized that likely wasn't going to be enough so I tried to reset some stuff so that way new ideas would come out and a lot more discussion would take place. We had people coming in kinda steadily before, and although we did have a chat thread, the difference was a much more active chat.

....You're all wasting your wasting your time writing about all these things like frame data and rests that are almost all very situational, and are very very hard to pull off on people that aren't computers. Instead of playing more, you come here and read about stuff, and test it on computers, and expect to get better. You don't get better by reading about it, you get better by getting your hands dirty, and by PLAYING this game. The tournament idea for jiggs was a great idea, but playing jiggs players can only take you so far. Wi-fi is definitely not the most desirable thing to grace this game, but it's still practice, and you get character match ups down. You get experience against qualitiy opponents, which helps you learn new things.
Notice all my threads about going and going to tournaments. Notice how I have been trying to do this. You can't just tell people to do this and they will do it. Yes Straked is new so he hasn't seen any of those threads but you can't just say it and expect it done. The only thing that I really could ensure gets done was the actual discussion, the tournaments never really happened. Although people like Spoonbob and others have gone to tournaments, when they previously said they really wouldn't.

I'm going to encouarge you all to Join the AiB or GB ladder, and start playing matches. You'll get quality opponents, and it's relatively easy to set up, and on AiB has tournaments every day on wifi that will help you with the pressure of tournament play. You'll get better from these experiences, and not talking about frame data. G-reg and I played 5 games a few days back, and I think we both learned a couple things about the character, just by seeing new play styles, thats how you improve, you play others and you see what they do right, that you don't, and you do what they do, and they see what you do right, and they don't and they fix it. You start to morph the metagame, and you start to do well at tournies, and then people start noticing, and bam, you have your character getting respect.
This is all true, you have to play to get better, but notice how neither the chat nor the boards encourage you to play better. The board encourages new strategies to come out while the chat does nothing........ So although I would love it if people, including myself played more, that, besides a few threads, isn't the purpose of these boards. We can try all we want but......

You also didn't give other people a chance to state their opinons, without being rudely remarked at. People might be new, but people can have ideas, but don't be a jerk about it, because you're not always right.
Have you ever run a board? I'm seriously wondering if you've ever been a mod now or even a position of power on the internet. If you can't take criticism at all, you shouldn't be on. Because you are going to get it later. Its what Bowyer showed me early on. He flamed a lot of new users and those who stayed improved.

I'm requesting being a mod in this section, I don't know if it will happen, but if not I'll advise Air. This section will not be dominated by one person, or one group. This will be the whole community. The Jiggs Back Room is useless, we shouldn't be excluding decisions from members especially something as simple as a character. You won't encourage new members if we have a small "elite" group. Secondly, we're starting a new chat on xat. There won't be one person with ALL the power, we'll have a group of people as super mods, and if someone has a complaint, it will be heard, and they will not be banned from the chat for having an opinon. If enough members agree, we'll make the changes. The Chat is a great way for people who have questions about matchups, to go and ask. Instead of having all these threads about things, we can keep most of this discussion in the chat.
Sorry but wow....... I banned you because you come in as a no name with no status here and start trashing us. Wow.... And there is a back room for a reason, its partially for new discoveries and the like and I really want to know why a section like this is even needed in the first place. Sorry but after reading this more closely, I am not going to go along with this. I agree with like 70% of it but the rest is just really sad.

I'm actually glad that what happened, happened. You guys can finally start growing as a community, instead of beng being held back by stupid stuff.
Omg, we can start growing now with absolutely no discussion once again. Cheerio good chaps. Seriously, AiB is a good idea but we aren't allowed to advertise websites in our posts. Which is kinda of what this is doing.

See this is what I have found when people come in from absolutely no where and try to take over something: they have no experience with the practice of it. I didn't when I first tried and the like, but although you may be very good on other boards, I really think the chat needs to go. No discussion happens there, it just chokes the boards. There's a reason I killed it and then the threads, I was finally hoping for something to happen. And it looks like the only thing happening is you trying to take power and do 1 renewed recommendation that people play.

This was meant to be a little bit hard on you because you are going to get this, but seriously, read this.

EDIT: Don't view this personally, I am going extra hard on you so you can defend your practices.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Yeah that was done intentionally. I did it to try to re-invigorate these boards mainly because the chat had caused people to stop coming to the boards. I killed the chat but I realized that likely wasn't going to be enough so I tried to reset some stuff so that way new ideas would come out and a lot more discussion would take place. We had people coming in kinda steadily before, and although we did have a chat thread, the difference was a much more active chat.
That chat, stopped people from coming to the boards? All the good discussion was in the JBR, which Lone thinks is useless. A small community can't handle something like that without killing the other half, which means getting into JBR is just a step into good discussion.

This all happened after you raged after you lost on wifi. I doubt you planned on doing this.

Notice all my threads about going and going to tournaments. Notice how I have been trying to do this. You can't just tell people to do this and they will do it. Yes Straked is new so he hasn't seen any of those threads but you can't just say it and expect it done. The only thing that I really could ensure gets done was the actual discussion, the tournaments never really happened. Although people like Spoonbob and others have gone to tournaments, when they previously said they really wouldn't.
All your thread are, are you johning about how you ate bread. I don't care what allergies you have. Don't eat bread. I don't even know what this paragraph means.

This is all true, you have to play to get better, but notice how neither the chat nor the boards encourage you to play better. The board encourages new strategies to come out while the chat does nothing........ So although I would love it if people, including myself played more, that, besides a few threads, isn't the purpose of these boards. We can try all we want but......
That chat, if anything, encourages you more than the boards. Look at SNO. She goes on the chat, to watch people play so she can get better. That's really, much harder to do on the boards. That's already improvement.

What's the point of these boards if theres another one that's better, with better people in? I love to talk to people better than me. I can't do that if they're in a Back Room only. I can chat with them in the thread though.

Have you ever run a board? I'm seriously wondering if you've ever been a mod now or even a position of power on the internet. If you can't take criticism at all, you shouldn't be on. Because you are going to get it later. Its what Bowyer showed me early on. He flamed a lot of new users and those who stayed improved.
This is the saddest post you have made. I don't think you can run a board. After seeing all this. And Bowyer didn't help anyone when he flamed people. He drove away new members, killing the boards. Sounds like "THE CHAT KILL DIZCUSINZ."

Sorry but wow....... I banned you because you come in as a no name with no status here and start trashing us. Wow.... And there is a back room for a reason, its partially for new discoveries and the like and I really want to know why a section like this is even needed in the first place. Sorry but after reading this more closely, I am not going to go along with this. I agree with like 70% of it but the rest is just really sad.
Veril was a no name Lucas main with under 200 posts, and he came here and helped us a ton. Sounds like you would of kicked Veril out if you had the chance.

See this is what I have found when people come in from absolutely no where and try to take over something: they have no experience with the practice of it. I didn't when I first tried and the like, but although you may be very good on other boards, I really think the chat needs to go. No discussion happens there, it just chokes the boards. There's a reason I killed it and then the threads, I was finally hoping for something to happen. And it looks like the only thing happening is you trying to take power and do 1 renewed recommendation that people play.

This was meant to be a little bit hard on you because you are going to get this, but seriously, read this.
You killed it for the better? Alex, you went on a rampage because I beat you on wifi. After that, I proceeded to tell you how to improve yourself against Olimar so you wouldn't make mistakes like the ones you made against me, which makes me wonder if you did actually two stock a good Olimar.

Alex, just calm down and be helpful or just leave. >_>

illinialex24

Smash Hero
This is the saddest post you have made. I don't think you can run a board. After seeing all this. And Bowyer didn't help anyone when he flamed people. He drove away new members, killing the boards. Sounds like "THE CHAT KILL DIZCUSINZ."
Are you sane? I am living testimony he has helped people. So are many others.

Veril was a no name Lucas main with under 200 posts, and he came here and helped us a ton. Sounds like you would of kicked Veril out if you had the chance.
Making examples out of posts and kicking people aren't the same thing. And he didn't have stupid posts.

You killed it for the better? Alex, you went on a rampage because I beat you on wifi. After that, I proceeded to tell you how to improve yourself against Olimar so you wouldn't make mistakes like the ones you made against me, which makes me wonder if you did actually two stock a good Olimar.

Alex, just calm down and be helpful or just leave. >_>
Seriously, chill out. It was all staged. Ask some people around and I did screw up but I really did think it would help.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Alright guys, no more drama. Stuff is fixed now, I'm going to be adding lonejedi to this room to help out air a little, and everything should be cool.

Seriously though, don't bring up old ****. Illini manned up to his mistake. Live and let live.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to just throw this out lonejedi, but how could you assume that we have not been testing these things in real battles? Alex and the rest of us have been trying these ideas and ATs in normal battles, (not cpu) and that is how we get results. Wondering why you said: "Instead of playing more, you come here and read about stuff, and test it on computers, and expect to get better." We disscuss, we test, we play. Isn't that what all the other boards do?

Alex got a cool kill against Toon Link's f-smash. *you can rest through some multihit combos* ponders Veril as he lurks among the boards. Breaking News: Veril has discovered how to rest through multihit attacks. "Well gee," says the jiggs board, "this seems pretty **** useful eh?" Then it's tested, and then it's used. This is an example of what we have been doing. Without disscussion like that, we wouldn't get too far in the metagame. of course you are right when it comes to playing with it rather than just taliing about it.

But we DO play with this in mind.

Just mentioning something about board leadership guys:
Alex was never a "leader" of these boards, but he was one of the people who could handle being in charge of threads like the matchups and his amazing guide. All the boards have one or two users who act like leaders and are respected, but alex over in this board is slightly different. You could almost mistake him as the "mod of the jiggs boards" if you will. But if you think about it, he isnt, and he isnt trying to be. He and Bwoyer cleaned up these boards in the begining when there was spam and irrelevent threads. Alex thought it would help to make a guide, and slowly the fourm started to be normal.

Omg, we can start growing now with absolutely no discussion once again. Cheerio good chaps. Seriously, AiB is a good idea but we aren't allowed to advertise websites in our posts. Which is kinda of what this is doing.
Trufax is true.
-------------------------------
So thats all that I could say about this. I'm not saying it was a bad idea to post this thread, it was accutaly a great idea, and you have good reason. But i'm pretty dissapointed this had to happen because I thought our board was pretty stable and active comparing to some of the others.

EDIT: In regards to QueenK's last post behind this one:
Sorry I posted this after you. I didn't see the page update as I was typing. This post was meant to be posted before yours ^^

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Are you sane? I am living testimony he has helped people. So are many others.

Making examples out of posts and kicking people aren't the same thing. And he didn't have stupid posts.

Seriously, chill out. It was all staged. Ask some people around and I did screw up but I really did think it would help.
Instead of replying to three of my paragraphs, could you reply to the rest? It's pretty dishonest to only refute 1/3rd of my argument.

Veril

Frame Savant

Drama is pointless. We aren't the Peach boards. Lets just move on.

That said, You haven't done jack s*** here and now your going to be our mod?! Also, about rest... seriously, gtfo. I test these in friendlies, not on computers... Actually I'm not even going to continue. You don't know what you're talking about. I do not support your modship or this thread.

You are not an active member here and have contributed nothing. You've made a lot of false assumptions (like that none of us play in tourney). Try actually contributing something useful.

Here's a point that I think should be glaringly obvious: People come to the forums to read, discuss and learn new things. The forums have been moving in a good direction for quite some time.

The fact that people are responding so positively to a thread that essentially says I don't serve a purpose here... seriously, that's harsh. I tried to help you all. If you don't think that's the idea in this thread, keep in mind where all the rest info and a good portion of the other AT stuff came from.

The way it looks now, I'm going to be making the AT thread for this board, if any of you oppose the existence of this thread (any of you who've done something here that is) please tell me.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

That said, You haven't done jack s*** here and now your going to be our mod?! Also, about rest... seriously, gtfo. I test these in friendlies, not on computers... Actually I'm not even going to continue. You don't know what you're talking about. I do not support your modship or this thread.

You are not an active member here and have contributed nothing. You've made a lot of false assumptions (like that none of us play in tourney). Try actually contributing something useful.

Here's a point that I think should be glaringly obvious: People come to the forums to read, discuss and learn new things. The forums have been moving in a good direction for quite some time.

This is true. I've seen Veril perform a rest on a human opponent

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Lonejedi, even though you have more experience, you really haven't contributed anything here until now. If you start posting, then I feel you could become mod but if you just join, and just think you can take over, its not going to go over that well. I am completely open to you helping, but being modded here is a different story.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Lonejedi, even though you have more experience, you really haven't contributed anything here until now. If you start posting, then I feel you could become mod but if you just join, and just think you can take over, its not going to go over that well. I am completely open to you helping, but being modded here is a different story.
His ideas are all contributions. You're all stuck on the fact that he made some false assumptions (We test things on computers/ don't go to tournies) but if you would listen to his solution it's a good idea.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

The fact that people are responding so positively to a thread that essentially says I don't serve a purpose here... seriously, that's harsh. I tried to help you all. If you don't think that's the idea in this thread, keep in mind where all the rest info and a good portion of the other AT stuff came from.

The way it looks now, I'm going to be making the AT thread for this board, if any of you oppose the existence of this thread (any of you who've done something here that is) please tell me.
peach boards part is true beyone reason.

i support Verils making an AT thread.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Let's just go with the flow. Rather then playing face trying to thwart the minor things that was said by the OP. I've never even heard of lone before, but he seems alright. Been a member since 05 so he understandably on point, I agree with alot of what he's saying. If you learn something, share it. Then re-learn off everyone else who's doing it, after adding their own personal emphasis on it. Copy off of each other. But anyway.

G reg, post some Puff vids., So I can borrow a few move scenario's off you. :chuckle:

Veril

Frame Savant
I'm going to be adding lonejedi to this room to help out air a little, and everything should be cool.
Everything is not cool with that and I'm not alone feeling this way

I agree with veril.
I banned you because you come in as a no name with no status here and start trashing us. Wow.... And there is a back room for a reason, its partially for new discoveries and the like and I really want to know why a section like this is even needed in the first place. Sorry but after reading this more closely, I am not going to go along with this. I agree with like 70% of it but the rest is just really sad.
peach boards part is true beyone reason.

i support Verils making an AT thread.
Glad to hear it, we need a good comprehensive thread for all the little threads that have been made in the last few months.

"Instead of playing more, you come here and read about stuff, and test it on computers, and expect to get better." We disscuss, we test, we play. Isn't that what all the other boards do?

Alex got a cool kill against Toon Link's f-smash. *you can rest through some multihit combos* ponders Veril as he lurks among the boards. Breaking News: Veril has discovered how to rest through multihit attacks. "Well gee," says the jiggs board, "this seems pretty **** useful eh?" Then it's tested, and then it's used. This is an example of what we have been doing. Without disscussion like that, we wouldn't get too far in the metagame.
Quoted for Truth.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Jigg boards have 20 pages of threads. Alot more then the majority of the rest of the roster. 70% of them are useless posts to me. I do agree with Veril in a sense also. But at the same time, coming from a lurker of these boards for a few months. I agree with the OP. I learned nothing worthwhile off of the things that were being posted lately. (Give or take a few recent threads, even the highly situational rest ones)

Fact of the matter is Jigglypuff in Brawl, is looked down upon, so not many worthwhile people even bother to read the board because they never lose a match against puff most probably, so why bother. Will get alot of nood/dumb responses fairly often because of that.

Just do you, and learn. Off of one another.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok, back to new information:

First of all, I am going to be adding hitstun formulas, which I will make interpretations based off. It should be fairly useful if the data is accurate.

Next, LoneJedi has not become a mod yet of these boards. Let's stop the off-topic discussion with that please :).

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Veril chill out.

Honestly, cool stuff that you can get rests on toon links once in a while, I think thats solid information, but use that stuff in tourney play. I've pulled off cool nair to rest combos with jiggs too, but I don't come running here telling everyone about doing something thats VERY situational.

I think that a lot of stuff that you've been posting is solid, but too much of it is wasted on discussing things instead of practicing. I was talking ot G-reg, and he said he destroyed your jiggs on wifi, obviously it's wifi, and obviously I don't know how hard you were trying, but the point is, G-Reg beat you pretty easily, and I haven't seen your placements at actual tournies. You guys haven't done anything with this stuff that you learned, how many of you have placed well in tournies? How many of you have gone toe to toe with big name pros, or play consistently with enough of them? I didn't come here to start a fight, and I didn't come here to make this MY section, but the point was, one of you so called "leaders" got all PMS and deleted all his threads just to get attention and discussion going, obviously something is wrong here. Than he deleted a chat that was actually useful for jiggs players finding matches, and talking about jiggs. You guys think Im against discussion Im not, I think that it's cool that you guys are researching this stuff, but be honest, how much of the stuff that you research is useful? I remember when someone made the thread about the jiggs jab lock, and how it was so so good. I haven't seen anyone do anything with that since.

I came here peace, just chill out a bit, and take things with a grain of salt before you shoot your mouth off.

Veril

Frame Savant
You didn't come in peace, you made a s**** version of a thread already posted by G-reg. This thread contributes nothing. I don't feel any need to defend myself to you. The people who have actually been active here know the validity of what I've done.

This forum will be fine as long as threads like this don't proliferate. The fact that it says read this is a joke.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
This is my last post in this thread, I'm not here to argue with you over the boards. If you want to be a man about this, and actually talk to me on AIM or the chat, you can do that, but Im not going to waste my time anymore.

Not once in my opening post Veril did I say VERIL IS USELESS. I didn't even mention your name.I said some of the things you guys are discussing are useless discussion, I mentioned some of the rest stuff was useless, and key word is some. I used the wrong choice of words, and I was just frusterated that what was going was going on. I might not post much in here, but I had no reason to, because if I would say something, you guys would get together and say I was wrong. I've seen it before when you guys do that to woodman, and he plays a lot better than you guys. You get offended at stuff that doesn't exist, Im not saying that we shouldn't research this stuff, research is how the metagame grows, but just testing it against humans in friendlies isn't enough. Play on wifi more and get match ups down, play each other more and test it out, and learn from your opponent. Keep discussing it, but spend more time playing than discussing.

I never once said I was taking over, I had some ideas and was going to reorganize to help this room, but I never once said I was the leader. You made false assumptions, and assumed I was.

I came in the chat room, said there was a lot of spam in these boards, and i got banned, and then look what happened. Alex flipped out over something stupid, and your whole board went in chaos. I came in here to help fix it. There was over 100 posts in the thread about Alex johnning about his tourney placement, thats SPAM, 20 posts is understandable, but you don't need a whole thread declaring why you lost a tourney.

Veril

Frame Savant
I have been in the chat. I would love to discuss this with you in private and hopefully things will get smoothed out. I'll explain why I'm angry, and maybe then I'll chill out.

PND

Smash Champion
You guys haven't done anything with this stuff that you learned, how many of you have placed well in tournies? How many of you have gone toe to toe with big name pros, or play consistently with enough of them?
Me. And I feel pretty insulted at your tone and content, myself.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I was not around in this sub-forum for all this but I have something to say... Get off your ***** and help teach me play Jigglypuff :p

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Air, it looks like you pretty much have this under control by yourself. Let me know if you need help with anything in the future.

Top Bottom